If you are looking for the Best iPhone Vocabulary Apps to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone Vocabulary Apps that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone Vocabulary Apps, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone Vocabulary Apps
1. Memrise Easy Language Learning
Join over 60 million people and start learning a language with Memrise, the easiest way to learn a language
‘It’s among the most popular language apps with its user-friendly interface and helpful video clips with the spoken dialects in action to help you master real-world scenarios.’ – All Tech Buzz
We get to the heart of learning a language: showing you how native speakers speak and teaching you how to do it yourself. Video clips of real people in local streets, coffee shops, karaoke bars and at work help you understand and speak languages the way they’re actually used in real-life situations.
WHAT LANGUAGES CAN I LEARN?
You can learn Spanish (European Spanish and Mexican Spanish), French, German, Italian, Japanese (Romaji and Kanji), Korean, Chinese, Portuguese (European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese), Russian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Turkish, Danish, Icelandic, Mongolian, Slovenian, Yoruba and English (British English and American English).
DOWNLOAD THE APP TO:
1) Learn all the language essentials. Useful vocabulary and phrases for real-life situations: from ordering a coffee to making small chat with friends in new places.
2) Get used to language as the locals speak it. With over 50,000 audio and video clips, you’ll get to grips with a variety of sounds, tone, rhythm, body language, gestures, and more.
3) Ease into speaking another language confidently. A safe space to practice without feeling fearful or embarrassed of speaking in a new language out loud.
Learn French for travel
Our French courses have all the words and phrases you’ll need to get you feeling like a local.
Learn Spanish for work
With native speaker video clips to help you understand and speak Spanish to your colleagues, faster.
Learn Japanese for fun
So you can enjoy the Japanese culture and country without translation apps or subtitles.
Whatever your language learning motivation is, Memrise gets you language ready for the real world – no matter if you’re a complete beginner or looking to refresh your language knowledge.
A team of language specialists and native speakers working alongside expert engineers design and build your lessons to easily help you go from learning to speaking, fast. Feeling excited? You can learn Spanish, English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (and more) and learn to speak as the locals do! Try any of our 20+ language courses.
HERE’S WHAT OTHERS THINK ABOUT MEMRISE
• ‘Memrise immerses you in local pronunciation and dialect to keep you engaged’ – CNN
• ‘Memrise is perfect for the complete beginner who wants to learn the basics of a language’ – Popular Science
• ‘Best for learning to speak casually in a new language’ – cnet
* PLEASE NOTE:
You need a Memrise subscription to access all courses and features. But the courses and features that are available vary depending on the language of your device.
• Once your purchase is confirmed, your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Your account is charged for renewal within 24-hours before the current subscription period ends.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewals by going to your Account Settings on the App Store.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication.
2. Vocabulary – Learn words daily
“Looking for tips for improving your vocabulary? Whether you are trying to strengthen and broaden your vocabulary for school or personal growth, the key is a commitment to regularly learning new words.
Why expand your knowledge and use of words? You’ll be able to communicate (speak and write) more clearly and concisely, people will understand you more easily, and you will increase the perception (and reality) that you are an intelligent person. Besides, learning new words is a fun activity — and one you can even do with the people around you.
3. Vocabulary Builder by Magoosh
• 1200 vocab words picked by an expert tutor
• Definitions and example sentences for every word
• Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced vocabulary sections
• Beat levels to unlock new words
• Track your progress as you study
This app gives you free access to all of Magoosh’s general, GRE, SAT, and TOEFL vocab quizzes. Sign in with a Magoosh account (or create a new one) to save your progress to the web. You can continue your practice online at http://gre.magoosh.com/builder/vocabulary
Created by experts
The entire wordlist is selected and defined with usage examples by Magoosh’s expert tutors, led by Chris Lele. He has been teaching the GRE for more than 10 years, runs a popular vocabulary series on YouTube and he’s also written an eBook on vocabulary. He is unbeatable in Scrabble, or any other word game for that matter.
Designed for fun and learning that really sticks
Each level you beat unlocks a harder one: more words and more advanced vocabulary. Words you don’t know will be repeated until you master them, using spaced repetition which has been shown to be a very effective memorization strategy.
We’re an online test prep company with a focus on teaching the GRE, GMAT, SAT, and TOEFL through videos and personalized customer support.
In addition to our online course, we blog about words, roots, formulas, grammar, problem solving, quantitative reasoning, and reading comprehension along with study guides and study tips. Articles from the blog have been compiled into 3 separate free ebooks with over 6,000 downloads. Check it out at http://magoosh.com/
More study tools
Search the app store for “magoosh” to continue your prep. Learn all the math, verbal, and writing you need to know for the test!
Have any questions? Please ask!
Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us. If you have any questions or comments, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 1-855-MAGOOSH and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can. If you’re outside the US, you can also reach us at +1-510-214-0212
“I didn’t have much time to prepare for the GRE, and Magoosh made it possible for me to succeed on the test in a short period of time. I looked at Kaplan GRE, Barron’s, and Princeton Review products, and I can confidently say that Magoosh was definitely the best.”
“The team is really great and actually cares about your score as much as they would care about their own. Simply the best.””
4. Word of the Day・English Vocab
Get a step ahead. While others look up definitions, you already know the answer.
Academic, obscure, challenging vocabulary for native speakers is taken from Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary’s, Cambridge Dictionary, SAT, GRE, GMAT, IELTS, TOEFL, CAT exams. We provide you with simple examples and plenty of synonyms for better understanding and memorizing new words. If you want to blow your friends’ minds we prepare etymology and extra examples.
Too busy? You can choose any time of notifications to make learning an everyday habit. Don’t know how to pronounce? We offer you a pronunciation for every taste.
Become first to start a conversation. Impress your friends, family, and teachers. Read any scientific article in one breath. Keep your mind focused. Make your thoughts clear. Sound sexier.
Only one word a day. 365 words a year.
‘Word of the Day’ is:
– Daily widget with new word
– A wide range of academic, obscure, and challenging vocabulary
– Only trustful sources
– Like for a word you don’t want to forget
– Simple examples and clear usage
– Etymology for super nerds
– Synonyms for effective memorizing
– Sharing a new word with friends
– Word Search Challenge
– Notifications for any time you choose
– A great number of voices with a choice of what English version to hear: English US (Male, Female), British English UK (Male, Female), Canadian English (Male, Female), Australian English (Male, Female) or EN India (Male, Female).
Word of the Day Premium — completely Ad Free experience:
Premium – Monthly subscription: $3.99 / month*
Premium – Yearly subscription: $9.99 / year*
Premium – Lifetime: $29.99, one-time charge*
Your payment will be handled by Apple.
*) Prices may differ per territory. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. An account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
5. WordUp – Learn English Words
“WordUp is not another dictionary app although it can be used as an English dictionary. WordUp is the most efficient way to learn English words and understand them deeply, with a scientific language learning method and, entertaining examples from YouTube, Word pictures, famous quotes, news, and more. WordUp is unlike any vocabulary builder app you’ve seen before!
Here at WordUp, we know that no one knows every English word in the dictionary, including you…and that’s completely fine! But how good would it feel knowing that you know most if not all of the important and more frequently used words?
WordUp’s revolutionary approach to language learning and expanding your vocabulary will leave you feeling confident in any scenario. Whether you are a native English speaker or your English just needs some work, the WordUp app can identify which important English words you don’t know and will give you fun and engaging tools to learn them. With translations in more than 30 languages including French, Spanish, German, Arabic, Turkish, Persian, …
Our scientifically proven methods of memorising are integrated into daily life with chrome extension to teach you worthwhile and frequently used words as well as focus on one word at a time, aiding long-term retention and focusing only on you and your progress.
It works based on 4 simple steps:
1. Assess your English language knowledge
2. Discover which words you don’t know
3. Learn, review and practice English words in order of importance
4. Learn the language by setting a goal and everyday track of your progress
WordUp can be utilised by everyone and there are many reasons why, below are some examples of how:
– Native English speakers – to generally improve your vocabulary and knowledge of words
– Non-native English speakers – to learn English from scratch and expand your horizons
– English teachers – a classroom tool or form of AFL
– Employer – a way to improve communication skills at work
– Government officials – standardize language skills, irrespective of role or department
– Students – to help IELTS prep or TOEFL exam
How can WordUp benefit you:
– Develop your four language skills, listening, speaking, writing, and reading, in the English Language
– Improve your general quality of life
– Optimize career opportunities and widen job searches
– Allow you to engage more comfortably in intellectual conversations
– Expand your vocabulary in a fun and engaging way
– Strengthen the communication and bond in a relationship formed with a -language barrier (break language barriers)
– Allow you to teach family and friends the greatest skill, communication”