If you are looking for the Best iPhone Weather App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone Weather App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone Weather App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone Weather App
1. AccuWeather Weather Forecast
Internationally recognized by the World Meteorological Organization with awards making AccuWeather one of the best weather apps:
“Best User Interface and Data Representation”
“Best Weather Warnings”
“Best Design and Presentation of Information, User-Friendliness; Access and Customization”
Weather Forecasts You Can Depend On
– Live weather forecasts – including MinuteCast® forecasts for Minute by Minute® precipitation updates
– Local weather – including severe weather alerts, temperature, precipitation, and allergy outlooks for your day
– WinterCast™: winter weather forecasts – giving you advanced warnings of snowfall probabilities and accumulation
– Daily forecasts – include rain probability, cloud coverage, wind, live radar, air quality index, snowfall, and even UV index
– Advanced weather radar – gives you up to the minute views of storm tracking, snow, rain, ice, temperature changes, and much more
– RealFeel® & RealFeel Shade Temperature™ technology – helping you get a better sense of how the weather actually feels
Live weather with Weather Alerts
The AccuWeather forecasting and severe weather alerts you know and trust. From local weather updates to WinterCast snow alerts, get the weather forecast you can rely on. With in-depth weather news, forecast updates, free weather alerts, plus today’s forecast and much more. Find out what makes AccuWeather the best as a trusted, free weather app. It’s the weather tracker you need!
Advanced Weather Radar
Setting the standard for free weather radar:
– The accurate weather radar you know from AccuWeather
– Weather watches and warnings for your local area
– RealVue™ and Enhanced RealVue™ satellite imagery looking at weather patterns from space
– Weather radar views for water vapor, rainfall, sustained winds, and even storm surges
– Timely tropical storm radar tracking to see where and when storms might hit
– Current conditions maps shows temperature and RealFeel in and around your area
– 5-day precipitation outlook to see what rain, snow, and ice could be in your area
– 24-hour snowfall forecast shows detailed maps with snow accumulation and winter weather
– Temperature contour maps show how the temperature will change over the next day
For over 10 years, the AccuWeather app has brought you the weather
This free weather app can show you snow, wind, cold, rain and more! Stay prepared with our local weather and live forecasts. From extreme humidity, severe storms, allergy info, air quality index, snow storms, and ice alerts, get live updates that matter to you. Local weather forecasts are the AccuWeather specialty.
Our weather tracker & live radar gives you Superior Accuracy™
Severe weather warnings, today’s temperature, free weather radar maps & more!
– Get local forecasts and personalize the app depending on where you are in the world
– Go beyond today’s weather and look 45 days ahead to ensure that you’re prepared for any weather
– Try the MinuteCast feature for the most up to date live Minute by Minute weather forecast
– Weather alerts, storm alerts, and more! Get trending videos from AccuWeather’s dedicated news team
– Weather forecasting your way – a weather tracker that can filter and customize according to your preferences
Download the AccuWeather app today for free and enjoy award-winning Superior Accuracy in weather forecasting on your iPhone, Apple Watch, or other Apple device. More than just a daily forecast, try the best weather app and get more from your forecast.”
2. Dark Sky Weather
YOUR WEATHER, DOWN TO THE MINUTE
Dark Sky delivers forecasts for your precise location, giving you minute-by-minute predictions for the next hour and hour-by-hour forecasts for the next week.
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER ANIMATIONS
The same technology that powers Dark Sky’s predictions also allows us to make beautifully smooth radar animations. These animations show you the path of the storm, including how it moved up to now and where it’s going next.
Dark Sky comes with advanced notification options. Receive up-to-the-minute alerts before it starts raining at your exact location, get notified of severe weather alerts (for events such as thunderstorms, flooding, hurricanes etc.) or even create your own custom notifications covering the next 24 hours for things such as temperature, wind, precipitation and more. Dark Sky will tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it.
The Dark Sky widget tells you at a glance what’s going to happen in the next hour or the next week, so you don’t even have to unlock your phone to quickly check the weather before going out.
Explore weather in the past or future. Choose a date and see historical weather data or future predictions based on seasonal averages.
Dark Sky looks great on your wrist. Get notifications and view the weather for the next week with the Dark Sky app built for Apple Watch.
Dark Sky is available in the US, UK and Ireland.”
“RadarScope is a specialized display utility for weather enthusiasts and meteorologists that allows you view NEXRAD Level 3 and super-resolution radar data along with tornado, severe thunderstorm, flash flood, special marine and snow squall warnings, and predicted storm tracks issued by the U.S. National Weather Service. It can display the latest reflectivity, velocity, dual-polarization, and other products from any NEXRAD or TDWR radar site in the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, Korea, and Okinawa, as well as data from Environment Canada, Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Finnish Meteorological Institute, and German Weather Service radars. These aren’t smoothed images, this is native radar data rendered in its original radial format for a high level of detail.
Whether you are scanning reflectivity for a mesocyclone’s tell-tale hook echo, trying to pinpoint the landfall of a hurricane’s eye wall, or looking for small features like velocity couplets in the storm relative radial velocity product, RadarScope gives you the power to view true radial weather radar data.
RadarScope displays tornado, severe thunderstorm, flash flood, special marine, and snow squall warnings issued by the U.S. National Weather Service. You can browse the list of active warnings, select a warning to view the details, and even zoom to the selected warning on the map.
Pinch or stretch to zoom in and out. Drag your finger around the map to scroll. Tap the radar sweep button in the toolbar to switch radars. Select one of the 289 different radars in the United States, Canada, Australia, Germany, Korea, Puerto Rico, Guam, or Okinawa. Plot your current location by tapping the location button and optionally report it to the Spotter Network. Tap the play button to download and animate over recent images. Display the names of over 25,000 cities and towns on the map as you zoom and scroll. Tap and hold the color legend to see the data values.
Meanwhile, RadarScope will retrieve and display updated data automatically and intelligently (approximately every 2 to 10 minutes, depending on the radar scan strategy).
You can display radar data from our servers, NOAA’s public access web site, or your Allison House subscriber account. Spotter Network members can report their location and view the locations of other spotters.
RadarScope Pro is an optional auto-renewing subscription with two different tiers to choose from.
RadarScope Pro Tier One is an annual subscription that provides access to real-time lightning data in the U.S. and Canada that animates along with the radar loop and up to 30 frames of radar data, including extended loops of super-resolution data. Tier One subscribers can also access a data interrogation tool to quickly determine data values for specific radar pixels and an optional dual-pane mode for viewing two radar products side-by-side.
RadarScope Pro Tier Two is an annual or monthly subscription that combines all the features in Tier One with more advanced features, including SPC outlooks, mesoscale discussions, local storm reports, hail size and probability contours, and azimuthal shear contours in the U.S., a 30-day archive of all radar products, and the ability to use subscription features across multiple platforms.
If you choose to buy the RadarScope Pro subscription, it will charged to your iTunes account. The subscription will be auto-renewed within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the same price you originally paid. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal disabled via your iTunes Account Settings after the purchase. Once purchased, the subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
Please visit our web site for more information.”
4. Weather – The Weather Channel
“The Weather Channel is the World’s Most Accurate Forecaster**. With extreme weather on the rise, prepare yourself for storms, snow & wildfires. Track daily forecasts and receive live radar updates, storm alerts, & local precipitation updates.
Our live Doppler radar maps, storm watch, and rain tracker can warn you ahead of time of heavy rain, heat waves, or an incoming flood. Receive your forecast updates and rest assured with our weather warnings. Severe weather is increasing across the nation – our severe weather alerts have you covered.
Plan up to 15 days in advance with forecasts from the World’s Most Accurate Weather Forecaster, so you can plan ahead with confidence**. Manage personal weather alerts, so you receive notifications that are important to you.
Download The Weather Channel to get you through storm season, hurricane season & extreme weather warnings.
The Weather Channel Features:
Today’s Weather Forecast:
– New 15-minute forecast for rain intensity up to 7 hours in the future & radar on your homescreen
– Check weather forecasts up to two weeks in advance!
– Snow Intensity: Track snow intensity up to 7 hours in the future
– Snow Accumulation: Track snowfall over the last 24 hours and monitor the next 48 hours
Widget & Homescreen Features:
– Our smart widget offers more weather in detail at a glance and one-tap access to the forecast
– Check your local radar, get severe weather alerts in your area, and check the forecast for the next three hours on your homescreen
– Dark Mode compatible for a great viewing experience
– Detailed information on sunset times and allergy & flu forecasts
– Keep informed with the latest weather news
– Stay prepared during extreme weather events, hurricanes, and earthquakes with live breaking news alerts
Upgrade to The Weather Channel Premium for our most comprehensive, dynamic, and precise weather experience available. Exclusive access to:
– Ad-free weather
– 15-minute forecast details
– Advanced 72-Hour Future Radar
– and more!
Privacy & Feedback
•If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
**The Weather Channel is the World’s Most Accurate Forecaster. ForecastWatch, Global and Regional Weather Forecast Accuracy Overview, 2017-2020, https://www.forecastwatch.com/AccuracyOverview2017-2020, commissioned by IBM.
*The World’s Leading Weather Provider: According to Comscore, The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, is the largest provider of weather forecasts worldwide based on total monthly unique visitors in 2020. Comscore Media Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information – Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2020 avg.
The Weather Channel app had an average of over 35 million combined smartphone monthly active users worldwide from March through October 2021 according to internal analytics. Over 2M total 5-star ratings out of over 3.0 million total reviews since January 2018 according to Apple’s App Store Connect.
The Weather Channel® is a registered trademark of TWC Product and Technology, LLC, an IBM Company.”
5. WeatherBug – Weather Forecast
WeatherBug is easy to use and provides forecasts for your every need, from storm warnings to pollen levels. Our weather network delivers the fastest alerts and the best real-time forecasts (current, hourly and 10-day).
The weather app has 18 different weather maps, including: Doppler radar, lightning, wind, temperature, alerts, pressure, and humidity.
Join the millions who rely on WeatherBug for weather forecasts every day!
“I love WeatherBug! It’s always accurate & is the first place I go for up-to-the minute weather!” –iOS User
YOUR WEATHER FORECAST
• Real-Time Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts
• Enhanced Interactive Map: Visualize weather conditions with 19 weather maps
• Lifestyle Forecasts: Know how the weather will impact your trips, workouts, allergies, chronic pain and much more
• Weather Widget: Customize your alerts and display with weather widgets
• Weather Alerts: get alerted to weather conditions and storms
TRACK ANY CONDITION
• North American Doppler Radar: Doppler radar across the US, Canada, Mexico, Alaska & Hawaii
• PulseRad® Radar: radar for many international locations using patented Earth Networks Total Lightning Network® technology.
• Spark Lightning Alerts: get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts
• Hurricane Center: hurricane forecasts and changing conditions stay informed
• Fire Center: global fire data to know when you are at risk
• Winter Weather: Plan ahead with our 10-day snow depth forecast and stay safe in severe winter conditions with our real-time snow storm alerts
MORE THAN JUST RAIN
• Pollen Count: Keep your allergies in check by knowing what the local pollen conditions are like
• Real-Time Traffic Conditions: View local traffic conditions to better plan your day
• Air Quality: Get an in-depth look at the air quality around you
• Precise Weather Details: Wind speed, UV index, weather observations and more
LARGEST WEATHER NETWORK
• Forecasts for 2.6 million+ locations worldwide
• Largest total lightning detection network
• 10,000+ professional-grade weather stations
• Live weather & traffic cameras
FASTEST WEATHER ALERTS
• Get notified of severe weather 50% faster with our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts
• Receive all NWS and NOAA watches and warnings
APPLE WATCH SUPPORT
• Get vital weather information directly on your Apple Watch, including alerts, glances, and complications
CONNECT WITH US
• Like us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WeatherBug
• Follow us on Twitter – @WeatherBug
• Check us out on Instagram – @weatherbug
• Check out WeatherBug’s YouTube weather channel broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherBugVideo
Download the weather forecast app used and loved by millions, awarded the “Best Weather App” in 2019 and 2016 by Mediapost Appy Awards. Also, voted the “Best Weather App for iPads” by AppPicker, and “Best App for Moms” by Parent Magazine: WeatherBug!
This app may include “Interest-Based Ads” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#AC) for more information) and may collect or share “Precise Location Data” (see https://www.weatherbug.com/legal/privacy#PLD for more information).”
6. Yahoo Weather
Prepare for your day with the most accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts. Stunning photos match your location, time of day, and current conditions.
-Get all the details: wind, pressure, and chance of precipitation.
-See animated sunrise, sunset, wind, and pressure modules.
-Browse interactive maps: radar, satellite, heat, and wind.
-Track all your favorite cities and destinations!
-Twice daily notifications help you be prepared, whatever the weather.
-Scroll down for detailed weather information.
-Tap the plus sign to add your favorite cities.
-Swipe left-to-right to move between locations.
What people are saying:
“It’s a million impressive little things. It’s the blurring of the background; its the subtle parallax scroll when flipping between cities; it’s the way the windmills spin faster or slower based on the actual current windspeed.” – Greg Kumparak, TechCrunch
Tell us what you think:
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback. Let us know your thoughts by tapping “Send feedback” in the app menu.”