If you are looking for the Best iPhone Weather Radar App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone Weather Radar App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone Weather Radar App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone Weather Radar App
1. Clime: Weather Radar Live
– Radar overlay shows the areas of rain, snow & mixed precipitation in high resolution and vivid colors right on the interactive map;
– Precipitation map provides precipitation forecast for the next 24 hours;
– Satellite map illustrates the cloud cover;
– Snow depth map displays the detected snow cover and depth;
– Choose background maps (standard, hybrid, satellite), search locations, add them to bookmarks and stay out of harm’s way.
KEEP YOURSELF SAFE:
– Read weather alerts with all the details you might need;
– Receive push notifications whenever there’s a weather alert for the bookmarked location.
VIEW WEATHER DETAILS:
– 24-hour and 7-day forecast;
– Current, today’s min & max and “Feels Like” temperature;
– Pressure, humidity, wind speed, visibility, dew point info;
– Chance of Precipitation;
– Sunrise & sunset time.
Radar images: the US (Continental US, Alaska (except northern), Hawaii, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and Puerto Rico), Mexico (northern), Canada (southern), Australia, the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy (northern and north-western), Denmark, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Norway, Poland, Andorra, Japan and more. See the full list on the developer’s website.
Precipitation, temperature, satellite maps; wind map; snow depth forecast; hurricane, wildfire, lightning trackers; detailed weather info, precipitation alerts: most of the world.
Governmental severe weather warnings: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK.
Get Clime Premium:
– Severe weather alerts for all saved locations
– Hurricane tracker
– Advanced precipitation forecast
– Lightning tracker
– Temperature map
– Rain alerts
– Air quality index
– Wildfire tracking
– Hourly forecast
– 14-day forecast
– Animated wind map
– Snow depth forecast
– No ads
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase.
* Subscriptions will automatically renew and payment will be charged to your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal depends on your Subscription Plan.
* Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel or manage your free trial’s auto-renewal in your Account Settings after purchase. The cancellation will take effect 24-hours after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES AND CONSENT
If you live in the European Union and wish to cancel your order, you may do so within 14 days. You can do this by following the process laid out in the Apple App Store. Please note and acknowledge: you cannot cancel your order or obtain a refund if you have downloaded the app and started using it (i.e. for example, by opening and using the app).
2. MyRadar Weather Radar
MyRadar is a fast, powerful, easy-to-use weather app that displays animated weather radar around your current location and to quickly show what weather is coming your way. Just start the app; your location pops up with animated live radar, with radar loop lengths of up to two hours. This basic functionality provides the quickest way to get a snapshot of the weather on-the-go, and it’s what has made MyRadar so successful over the years. Check your phone and get an instant assessment of the weather that will impact your day.
One of the most useful features in MyRadar is the ability to provide advanced rain alerts; our patent-pending process for predicting hyper-local rainfall is the most accurate in the industry. Instead of having to check the app all the time, MyRadar will send you an alert up to an hour in advance as to when the rain will arrive at your current location, down to the minute, including details on intensity and duration. These alerts can be a life saver when you’re on-the-go and don’t always have time to check the weather – our systems will proactively do the work for you and let you know in advance before the rain hits.
In addition to the live radar, MyRadar has an ever-increasing list of weather and environmentally-related data layers that you can overlay on top of the map; our animated winds layer shows a breathtaking visual representation of both surface winds and winds at the jetstream level; the frontal boundaries layer shows high and low pressure systems as well as frontal boundaries themselves; the earthquakes layer is a great way to stay on top of the latest reports on seismic activity, completely customizable as to severity and time; our hurricane layer allows users to stay on top of the latest tropical storm and hurricane activity throughout the world; the aviation layer overlays AIRMETs, SIGMETs and other aviation-related data, including the ability to track flights and display their IFR flight plans and paths, and the “wildfires” layer allows users to stay abreast of the latest fire activity around the United States.
MyRadar also has the ability to send weather and environmental alerts, including alerts from the National Weather Service, such as Tornado and Severe Weather alerts. A new feature introduced in this version of MyRadar includes the ability to receive alerts based off of Tropical Storm and Hurricane activity; you can configure the app to send you an alert any time a tropical storm or hurricane forms, or is upgraded or downgraded.
In addition to the free features of the app, additional upgrades are available, including real-time hurricane tracking – great for the start of hurricane season. The hurricane tracker provides additional data above and beyond the free version, including the cone of probability for tropical storm/hurricane forecast tracks, and it also includes a detailed synopsis from the National Hurricane Center. The premium upgrades also include the professional radar pack, which allows greater detail of radar from individual stations. Users can select individual radar stations around the US, select the radar tilt angle, and also change the radar product being displayed, including base reflectivity and wind velocity – great for experienced weather buffs looks to stay on top of possible tornado formation.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
* Aviation Charts subscription (not required in order to use MyRadar) ($24.99 USD per YEAR)
* Payments will be charged to your iTunes account
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
Full terms of service: https://myradar.com/terms”
“RadarScope is a specialized display utility for weather enthusiasts and meteorologists that allows you view NEXRAD Level 3 and super-resolution radar data along with tornado, severe thunderstorm, flash flood, special marine and snow squall warnings, and predicted storm tracks issued by the U.S. National Weather Service. It can display the latest reflectivity, velocity, dual-polarization, and other products from any NEXRAD or TDWR radar site in the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, Korea, and Okinawa, as well as data from Environment Canada, Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Finnish Meteorological Institute, and German Weather Service radars. These aren’t smoothed images, this is native radar data rendered in its original radial format for a high level of detail.
Whether you are scanning reflectivity for a mesocyclone’s tell-tale hook echo, trying to pinpoint the landfall of a hurricane’s eye wall, or looking for small features like velocity couplets in the storm relative radial velocity product, RadarScope gives you the power to view true radial weather radar data.
RadarScope displays tornado, severe thunderstorm, flash flood, special marine, and snow squall warnings issued by the U.S. National Weather Service. You can browse the list of active warnings, select a warning to view the details, and even zoom to the selected warning on the map.
Pinch or stretch to zoom in and out. Drag your finger around the map to scroll. Tap the radar sweep button in the toolbar to switch radars. Select one of the 289 different radars in the United States, Canada, Australia, Germany, Korea, Puerto Rico, Guam, or Okinawa. Plot your current location by tapping the location button and optionally report it to the Spotter Network. Tap the play button to download and animate over recent images. Display the names of over 25,000 cities and towns on the map as you zoom and scroll. Tap and hold the color legend to see the data values.
Meanwhile, RadarScope will retrieve and display updated data automatically and intelligently (approximately every 2 to 10 minutes, depending on the radar scan strategy).
You can display radar data from our servers, NOAA’s public access web site, or your Allison House subscriber account. Spotter Network members can report their location and view the locations of other spotters.
RadarScope Pro is an optional auto-renewing subscription with two different tiers to choose from.
RadarScope Pro Tier One is an annual subscription that provides access to real-time lightning data in the U.S. and Canada that animates along with the radar loop and up to 30 frames of radar data, including extended loops of super-resolution data. Tier One subscribers can also access a data interrogation tool to quickly determine data values for specific radar pixels and an optional dual-pane mode for viewing two radar products side-by-side.
RadarScope Pro Tier Two is an annual or monthly subscription that combines all the features in Tier One with more advanced features, including SPC outlooks, mesoscale discussions, local storm reports, hail size and probability contours, and azimuthal shear contours in the U.S., a 30-day archive of all radar products, and the ability to use subscription features across multiple platforms.
If you choose to buy the RadarScope Pro subscription, it will charged to your iTunes account. The subscription will be auto-renewed within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the same price you originally paid. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal disabled via your iTunes Account Settings after the purchase. Once purchased, the subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
Please visit our web site for more information.”
4. Weather & Radar – Storm alerts
• Accurate weather forecast
• Innovative weather, temperature and wind radar
• Weather alerts + storm, ice and snow tracker
• Local air quality forecasts
• Ski resort forecast and snow heights
• Weather, climate and environment news
Be ready for all weather conditions this fall with Weather & Radar’s app, with accurate current weather reports and future conditions at your exact location in the US and around the world.
The latest forecasts for temperature and wind, chance of rain or snow, sunshine duration and ice risk. Detailed data on air pressure, dewpoint, feels-like temperature, wind chill and air pollution. Plan further ahead with the 14-day weather trend.
Discover our industry-leading weather radar, including high-resolution satellite, rain, wind and storm areas. The enhanced weather maps allow you to track real-time meteorological conditions down to city and county level.
Using the latest weather modelling and storm tracking technology, our weather alert service will always keep you updated about inclement or dangerous conditions in or close to your area.
Our team of editors will bring you the latest weather, climate and environment news, including expert analysis and videos during high impact weather events. From winter storms to tornadoes and hurricanes, we have got you covered!
You can rely on Weather & Radar’s free app to get the latest forecast and snowpack data. Easily find the best spots to make your skiing trip a success with live updates on lift status, trail and terrain conditions.
Our 90-minute nowcast feature gives you all the local and time-critical data you need, using a blend of weather observations and high-resolution models to pinpoint the movement and arrival times of rain or storms around your location.
Save any location and see current conditions for any number of global locations in our weather app. Global weather data and rain radar at your fingertips!
Use the weather app free of advertising with the in-app purchase and profit from the option to personalize your main page!
Weather & Radar Pro is a subscription service that will be renewed on either a monthly or a yearly basis. Payment for the subscription will be charged to the user’s iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. The user’s iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. iTunes will identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of the Weather & Radar Pro free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription thereof.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.weatherandradar.com/ios/terms-of-use/
Should you have any queries or comments, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org”
5. WEATHER NOW daily forecast app
“The absolutely incredible app, like magic on your hand. You can’t believe what all the world can be on your hands.
Enchanting 3D Earth images will attract your attention in that app and you can forget what the main feature of that app is a weather forecast.
Detailed current weather, detailed hourly and daily weather forecasts for the whole world, fast search, its all and beautiful user interface make that app is one of the bests in the store.
Upgrade to Premium version and access to premium features:
● Different weather data source for more accurate weather forecasts.
● Extreme weather alerts: weather alerts about extreme weather conditions and temperature.
● High quality animated clouds, wind, temperature, pressure maps with the hourly forecast.
● Daily weather reports notification: Premium subscribers can set time for getting weather reports notifications in the morning and evening, it is can help to plan your next day.
● Extended locations list: Premium subscribers can use the expanded list with more cities and locations.
● Weather widgets: For Premium subscribers, the app has many weather widgets with different sizes, settings and forecast views.
● An ad’s removed: Basic users see ads throughout the app. Premium subscribers don’t. Upgrade for a faster, ad-free app – Weather Now.
Become a Premium user to stay aware of severe weather with the interactive weather maps and enjoy the ad-free weather on your iPhone and iPad.
Subscription Information (auto-renewing):
– Length of subscription period: 1 year ($9.99) or 1 month ($2.99) durations.
– Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
– Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
– You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
New users, and returning users without an active subscription who have not yet used the free trial, are eligible for a free 3 days trial with the following conditions:
After the 3 days free trial this subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period. Your Apple ID account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the trial period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store.
For complete access to all Weather Now features, you will need to allow access to the following:
– Location to provide you with the weather forecast and alerts for your exact location as you move or travel;
– Notifications so that you never miss important weather alerts.
The term of use: http://www.weathernow.app/term-of-use.html”
6. Yahoo Weather
Prepare for your day with the most accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts. Stunning photos match your location, time of day, and current conditions.
-Get all the details: wind, pressure, and chance of precipitation.
-See animated sunrise, sunset, wind, and pressure modules.
-Browse interactive maps: radar, satellite, heat, and wind.
-Track all your favorite cities and destinations!
-Twice daily notifications help you be prepared, whatever the weather.
-Scroll down for detailed weather information.
-Tap the plus sign to add your favorite cities.
-Swipe left-to-right to move between locations.
What people are saying:
“It’s a million impressive little things. It’s the blurring of the background; its the subtle parallax scroll when flipping between cities; it’s the way the windmills spin faster or slower based on the actual current windspeed.” – Greg Kumparak, TechCrunch
Tell us what you think:
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback. Let us know your thoughts by tapping “Send feedback” in the app menu.”