If you are looking for the Best iPhone Weight Lifting App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best iPhone Weight Lifting App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best iPhone Weight Lifting App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best iPhone Weight Lifting App
1. Bolt – Weight Lifting Journal
Bolt: workout lifting tracker⁺ is one of the best workout journals on the App Store. It’s the simplest workout tracker and discovery platform on iOS for organizing your exercise routines, finding exciting new ones, recording your progress and personal records, and transforming your body.
Whether you’re looking to burn belly fat, build bigger muscle, track the strength of your squats, or just plan your daily workout schedule – Bolt is the ultimate fitness tracker to make reaching your personal fitness goals easy and with better results.
Using Bolt as your workout log lets you:
• Discover innovative workout routines designed to target core muscle groups and specific body parts for optimal results
• Record your own training routines and your workouts right in the gym in an intuitive planner
• Challenge yourself from a comprehensive range of 200+ effective gym exercises (bench press, squat, overhead press, barbell row, pull-ups, power cleans, etc.) or customize your own with multiple exercise types and muscle groups to choose from
• Access detailed instructions so that you exercise in the proper form and range of motion to build muscle
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets with the tap of a button
• Easily log your lifts and total weight for each set so you can focus on strength gains
• Automatically update each routine every time with the previous amount of weight and rep range in your exercise sets
• Stay on track during your workout with a built-in rest timer
• Keep track of history with your past workouts – it’s a great way to focus on your progressive overload scheme!
• Sync your completed workouts with Apple Health
It doesn’t matter if you’re doing a stronglifts 5×5 workout program, traditional strength training program, or you’re an experienced bodybuilder or powerlifter – starting out with a personal trainer, coach, or on your own training program – men and women use Bolt everyday as their gym log on their journey to get strong, ripped abs, achieve weight loss, keep a fitness journal, and improve their weightlifting strength the smart way.
Regardless of your prior experience, Discover is the perfect growing library for your next workout plan – from guided, full body workouts to get first-time gym-goers started, to specialized upper body routines with compound exercises to help you build strength. Looking for body weight exercises for building muscle, or perhaps a lower body with light free weights – Discover is a great addition of pre-made workouts to add to your training journal.
When it comes to goal-setting in a fitness program, Bolt is a great daily fitness log and exercise journal all-in-one. Use Bolt as your fitness planner to create custom routines on-the-go, or log notes and fitness tips for each exercise. No more pen and paper getting lost in your gym bag, Bolt is the workout journal your need for keeping track of your weight training.
Next time start your workout with one of the most intuitive fitness apps for building muscle mass and getting toned on iPhone. Workout with intention. Workout with ease. Workout with Bolt.
2. HeavySet – Gym Workout Log
HEAVYSET AT A GLANCE:
– Supersets / Giant sets
– Preset rest timers per exercise
– Rep ranges
– Set ranges
– AMRAP sets
– Estimated duration
– Create based on previous workouts
– Import plain text routines for rapid routine building
– Export your routines as plain text and share with friends
WORKOUT / GYM LOG:
– Log using intelligent suggested values
– Progress charts track volume, Estimated 1RM, Reps, Sets, Max Weight
– Rest timer with presets and quick modifiers
– Tempo timer metronome
– Full exercise history with notes
– Plate calculator
– Auto-advancing exercises and super sets
– Personal record notifications for rep records, estimated 1rm, volume & more
– Deload intensity, volume or rest automatically
– View workout preview
– Automatically calculate weight using intensity and training max
– Local notifications when timers end
– View all current rep records for current exercise
– Easily add any exercise
– Notes for exercises
– Training max for weight calculation
– Unilateral exercise option (doubles volume in stats)
– Add a base weight / body weight
– Track assisted exercises
– Add exercises to volume groups
PERSONAL RECORDS / STATISTICS:
– Log of every rep record your have achieved
– Filter record log by rep amount
– Notifications during workout log
– Workout / weekly progress stats
DATA IMPORT / EXPORT:
– Automatic iCloud backup
– Export to CSV without upgrading
– Import (possible) any CSV format
– In-app FAQs
– Help videos
– In-app chat with developer (not always real time)
REAL USER REVIEWS:
– “It’s the best app for seriously tracking training I’ve ever seen.”
– “The auto population of weight and reps based on the previous set is a welcome feature”
– “Exceptional simple and easy to use. Whilst being very powerful. Couldn’t recommend it enough.”
– “I would recommend any weightlifter to get this app.”
– “I’ve tried out Strong, Fitbod, and Stacked. Heavyset is far better than all of them.”
– “This one is the best! Practical, simple and you can focus on the workout itself instead of fussing about the app!”
– “I would recommend this gym log to anyone.”
– “HeavySet finally dethroned the old app as my workout tracker it has the perfect blend of ease of use in the gym and powerful analytical type features outside the gym.”
– “I have been using it for over a year now and am extremely happy with it. I use it to log all of my workouts.”
– “This is the best workout tracker on the market!”
– “Been looking for workout tracker that gave me the ability to build a custom workout with specific features like sets based on percentages of a training max. This fit the bill perfectly and has a beautiful UI.”
#1 BEST WORKOUT LOG APP (iOS) 2018 – Lifewire.com
“When you open HeavySet you’ll find most everything is made just to delight you.
“Let’s start with data entry. The buttons are just where they need to be and big enough not to miss even with shaking legs — or hands. What’s more, you typically only have to tap once to log a set; HeavySet’s smart predictions have already accomplished the, umm, heavy lifting.”
HeavySet is a free download but you will need to make an in-app purchase upgrade to get access to unlimited use. As a non-paying user you are limited in the number of times you can perform the routines you input. Routines created by importing, duplicating or other automated methods are also not available. Non-paying users may improvise as many workouts as they like.
The screenshots represent the app after the intermediate user level has been purchased.
– Enable Apple Health to sync your body weight with your workouts for additional statistics as well as sharing your workout data with Apple Health.”
3. Strong Workout Tracker Gym Log
Strong is the simplest and most intuitive workout tracker, designed to help you get better results from your workouts. Whether you want to gain strength or just stay healthy, join over 1.2 million people who have downloaded Strong to stay on track in the gym.
“I’d suggest downloading the “Strong” app before you return to the gym. It’s that good” – CNBC
“with apps like Strong, working out feels more like a game” – The Verge
“I have used nearly every logging app since the App Store launched. This is the best bar none”
“I use this every time I go to the gym and seriously couldn’t train without it”
“Simple. Intuitive. Functional. Exactly what I was looking for.”
“This is bare bones and serious. Right on, and works perfectly… I wish I could give 10 stars.”
“It’s by far the most intuitive and easy to use workout app I’ve used.”
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced powerlifter, Strong provides everything you need to record your workouts as effortlessly and as quickly as possible. Unlike other fitness apps, Strong doesn’t bog you down with distractions and unnecessary gimmicks you’d never use.
Strong is optimized for a progressive barbell routine such as Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5×5, but it is easily adaptable to any other routine of your choosing!
• The simplest interface of any fitness app in the App Store
• A comprehensive range of cardio and strength exercises – and add your own too!
• Fully-featured Apple Watch app to log workouts with or without your iPhone
• Add your own routines and easily choose between them
• Detailed exercise instructions with a growing library of animated videos
• Advanced Statistics show your personal records and progression and even calculate your one rep max and total weight lifted!
• Built in Auto Countdown Timer to help record rest breaks
• Support for multiple Exercise Types, including Assisted Bodyweight and Duration Exercises
• Tag sets as Warm Up, Failure or Drop Sets
• Supersets/Grouped Exercises
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume and 1RM Progression
• Automatically back up your data with Cloud Sync!
• Built in body measurements tracker to record your weight and other vitals, with support for Apple Health
• Warm Up Calculator tells you which weights to warm up with
• Plate Calculator for when the weights get high
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes and progress pictures to your workouts
• Share sheet makes sharing routines and workouts with friends easier than ever!
• Export all of your data to Notes or Email in CSV format
The free version of Strong can save unlimited workouts, but is limited to 3 custom routines. Upgrade to a Strong PRO subscription ($4.99/month or $29.99/year) for an unlimited number of routines and to unlock additional PRO features.
Strong will automatically charge your iTunes Account at the end of your subscription or free trial period unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Subscriptions renew at the original price. You can turn off auto-renew at any time and still receive full functionality until the end of your current period, but no refund can be provided for unused portions of the subscription. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
If you’ve previously purchased “Unlock Strong” or “Strong Combo Pack”, you’ll be able to use the Restore Purchases option in the app for access to all Strong PRO features.
These prices are for customers in the United States and may vary depending on your iTunes Account settings. In-app purchases and subscriptions cannot be shared using Family Sharing.
Strong Terms of Service – https://help.strongapp.io/article/179-strong-terms-of-service
4. StrongLifts Weight Lifting Log
Here’s what StrongLifters say:
▸ “Best fitness app I have used (and yes, I tried most of them)”
▸ “Much more user friendly than other apps that complicate things”
▸ “I love this app because it does all the thinking for me so I can focus on lifting”
▸ “Simple, easy-to-use. Least amounts of tapping necessary to log your workouts”
▸ “So Helpful. We use it every time we lift at home. We’d be lost without this app!!”
▸ “Been using for years. Simple and effective. I’ve gotten stronger and much better at my form.”
▸ “Best app for making strength gains. Super simple to use. Delete your other apps this is it!”
▸ “Using this for 4 years. Tried other apps but can never stick to it like I do with StrongLifts”
▸ “Built to be used easily. Just download and check it out and you will understand!”
Simple and Easy to Use
√ Clean and intuitive interface
√ Minimal amount of taps to log workouts
√ Quickly log reps and sets in the gym without typing
√ Not complicated and bloated like most workout apps
√ Created by a powerlifter who understands lifting
All Thinking, Tracking and Planning Done for You
√ Keeps track of progress for you
√ Tells you what to do next workout
√ Auto-increases the weights for you
√ Takes all thinking out of going to the gym
√ Just follow what StrongLifts says
√ Focus more on your workout
√ Proven principles of Progressive Overload
√ Automatic weight increases so you push yourself
√ Free StrongLifts 5×5 Strength Training Program
√ Videos and instructions to improve your form
√ Easy to stick to and stay on track
√ Simple, easy to use, clean interface
√ Free StrongLifts 5×5 Strength Training Program
√ Automatic weight increases to push yourself
√ Automatic deload to help you break plateaus
√ Automatic deload after time off lifting
√ Automatic rest-timer to stay focused
√ Workout scheduler to plan workouts
√ History to review your progress
√ Graphs to stay motivated
√ Notes to remember things to work on
√ Sync workouts with Apple Health
√ Support for lb and kg weight units
√ Automatic backup of workout data
√ Log any strength training and weight lifting routine
√ Create your own workouts, exercises, and sets/reps
√ +100 exercises to pick from – barbell, body-weight, dumbbell, etc
√ +100 exercise videos with instructions to learn proper form
√ Warmup calculator: how much weight to warmup with
√ Plate calculator: which plates to put on the bar
√ Ramp sets, pyramid sets, top/back off sets, etc
√ Pay a monthly or yearly subscription. Or pay once for lifetime access.
√ Log your entire workout on Apple Watch
√ Receive rest period timer notifications
√ Sync workouts with Apple Health
√ Leave your phone in the locker
The Best Weight Lifting App
√ Featured by Apple many times, including in TV ads
√ Best-rated weight lifting tracker in USA – 4.9 stars, +50k reviews
√ 3.4+ million lifters started their strength journey with StrongLIfts
√ 191+ billion pounds lifted by StrongLifters since 2011
▸ Guide: https://stronglifts.com/5×5/
▸ Help: http://support.stronglifts.com
▸ Contact: email@example.com
▸ Privacy: https://stronglifts.com/mobile-privacy-policy/
▸ Terms: https://stronglifts.com/terms/
▸ Download StrongLifts today
▸ Enter your profile, schedule and strength level
▸ StrongLifts will calculate your starting weights for you
▸ Then log your workouts, and start getting results!”
5. Weightlifting App
“Weightlifting App is the only weight lifting / workout app designed by workout enthusiasts, for workout enthusiasts! We love working out just as much as you do so we designed the perfect app to track and analyze your workouts so you can maximize your gains!
COMPLETELY AD-FREE / PREMIUM-FREE:
– The only weight lifting / workout app with absolutely no ads and no premium features!
TRACK YOUR WORKOUTS:
– The only high-end workout app with a colorful, information-centric workout overview display
– Visualize your workout history in one of three ways: list, weekly, or calendar view
– Save workouts to your templates to instantly build off of existing workouts
– Use one of our many provided default templates as inspiration for your next workout
– Export and import your data to switch between devices in seconds
ADVANCED WORKOUT FEATURES:
– The only workout app with an interactive weight lifting equivalency chart
– The only workout app with QR code workout sharing
– Easily superset up to five exercises and add sets to each simultaneously
– 10+ distinct methods for inputing sets for maximum ease-of-use
– View workout duration, volume, total sets and much more in real time
– Easily print any workout, complete with QR codes and advanced statistics
ANALYZE EVERY ASPECT:
– The only workout app with a personalized workout summary view, including:
– Workout stats, personal records, unlocked achievements, and significant milestones
– Analyze workout volume, duration, muscle splits and more for every workout
– View your progress on each exercise: graphed out and organized to your liking
– Dozens of dynamic graphs to help you analyze every exercise
– Seamlessly determine your one-rep max for any exercise
– Find your favorite exercises and create custom ones
– View weekly summaries prepared each week highlighting your advancements
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY:
– Fight your way to the top of the global experience leaderboard by completing achievements!
– Compete against your friends for weight lifting glory!
– Effortlessly share your workouts with friends
CUSTOMIZE EVERY ASPECT:
– App-wide dark mode
– The only app with a customizable, machine learning-driven ‘workout smart name’ feature
– Create, name, and categorize any exercise
– Choose from one of eleven different ways to track your exercise
– Add variations to individually view your progress for each type
– An extensive settings menu, including:
– Prevent screen sleep, extra workout analytics, shortcuts, and much more”