If you are looking for the Best iPhone Whiteboard App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone Whiteboard App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone Whiteboard App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone Whiteboard App
1. Doceri Interactive Whiteboard
“Combining screencasting, desktop control, and an interactive whiteboard in one app, you’ll never have to turn your back to the class or audience again. Create a lesson or presentation, insert images, save and edit your project and record a screencast video you can easily save or share. Doceri does it all!
Control your lesson or presentation live with Airplay or through your Mac or PC. Annotate a Keynote or PowerPoint, or present your original Doceri project. Great for student projects, too.
CREATE hand-written or hand-drawn Doceri projects on your iPad, using sophisticated drawing tools and the innovative Doceri Timeline. Unlike other drawing and screencast apps, Doceri uses timeline-based editing so original lessons are always saved, even after a screencast recording is created. All drawing strokes, photos or hand-drawn objects can be cut, pasted or resized at any point in the timeline. This enables easy creation and reuse of engaging presentations and high-quality, flipped classroom screencasts.
CONTROL a computer through your iPad. When connected wirelessly to a classroom computer via our Doceri Desktop software, you can access and control any program or file on your desktop. Access all of your pedagogical materials through your tablet – even play flash video through your iPad. Download Doceri Desktop software at www.Doceri.com. You can also control your classroom AV system from the iPad with SP Controls’ AV Control Systems.
PRESENT anything from your Mac or PC connected to a projector, using Doceri Desktop software. Present without a computer through Doceri’s special support for Apple TV. Your audience sees only the presentation area of your Doceri screen – not the tool bars or rotations.
SHARE images, PDFs and videos any way you’d like. Rather than requiring login to a proprietary web site, Doceri lessons can be saved to your Camera Roll or shared via other apps you have installed on your iPad, so you can upload to your Web site, LMS or other platform of your choice. Share your images and video screencasts directly to YouTube, Twitter or Facebook from within the app.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY with this fully-featured free app. We’ve created Doceri with a watermark that will be added to the images, PDFs and screencast videos that you share. You can remove or customize this watermark with an in app purchase – we believe that you should be able to try all of Doceri’s features before you decide to purchase and support our work via the watermark removal.
JOIN OUR USER COMMUNITY, view tutorial videos and read case studies on our blog at www.Doceri.com
What Teachers are saying About Doceri
Doceri has consistently received an average of 4½ stars on the iTunes App Store. 94% of Doceri teachers surveyed in May 2013 saw an improvement in classroom management since beginning to use Doceri, because they can teach while moving around among their students to keep them on task.
“Doceri allows me to present a lesson from anywhere in the classroom; a big plus when trying to manage 32+ middle school students. To actually see what I am writing and replay it while facing my students with my back to the board is amazing! I can work out equations ahead of time, or live in front of the students.”
– Anne Whitman, 7th grade math teacher at Oakdale Jr. High in California
“I love that I am not stuck behind my computer to use my computer. With Doceri, I can teach and circulate to help with classroom management. The students like that they can write on the screen from their desks. They also like that I can sit or stand by them and still teach and write on the screen.”
– Kristine Marsden, Ocoee Middle School in Ocoee, Florida”
2. Microsoft Whiteboard
Microsoft Whiteboard provides a freeform intelligent canvas where individuals & teams alike can ideate, create, and collaborate visually via the cloud. Designed for touch, type & pen, it lets you write or draw as smoothly as you would with ink, you can even type in text, add sticky notes or notes grid to express your ideas & use reactions to visually communicate your thoughts. It enhances teamwork by allowing all team members to edit the canvas in real time, no matter where they are. Get started quickly by inserting a pre-built template or draw your own flowchart using our expansive shapes library. No matter what your use case, we have the right set of tools for you and all your work stays safe in the cloud, ready to be picked back up from another location or device.
— Create freely, work naturally –
Microsoft Whiteboard provides an infinite canvas where imagination has room to grow: draw, type, add a sticky note or a notes grid, move them around – it’s all possible. The touch-first, pen-first interface frees your ideas from the keyboard, and the intelligent inking technology transforms your doodles into great-looking shapes and lines that can be copied, pasted and combined with other objects. Moreover, you can also, ink on your sticky notes & text boxes and magically see the ink get converted to text using Apple Scribble functionality (on iPads with Apple Pencil).
–Collaborate in real time, wherever you are—
Microsoft Whiteboard brings every member of a team together working from their own devices across the globe. On the Whiteboard canvas, you can also see what your teammates are doing in real time and start collaborating on the same area. It’s about getting everyone on the same page – or board.
–Save automatically, resume seamlessly –
Forget having to take photos of your whiteboards, or marking them with “Do Not Erase.” With Microsoft Whiteboard, your brainstorming sessions are saved automatically to the Microsoft cloud, so you can pick up where you left off, whenever – and wherever – inspiration strikes next.
• Improved App Performance & Reduction in crashes which has been a strong customer ask.
• Modern look and feel:
1. Streamlined user experience – an unobtrusive app UI maximizes your canvas space.
2. Creation gallery – a highly discoverable, simple way of finding and using objects and features in the application.
• Interactive content features:
3. 40+ customizable templates – get started quickly and collaborate, brainstorm, and ideate with brand new templates.
4. Shapes & Lines – Choose from an expansive library of shapes & lines to visually collaborate & ideate with your team members
5. Reactions – provide lightweight, contextual feedback with a set of fun reactions.
• Inking features:
6. Apple Scribble – Ink on text boxes & sticky notes and see your ink strokes magically convert to text (on iPads with Apple pencil)
7. Ink arrows – smoothly draw single and double-sided arrows using ink to better facilitate diagramming.”
3. Scribble Together Whiteboard
“Draw together in real time, from anywhere! In seconds, anyone can follow along with your drawing or draw with you from the app or on the web. Use Scribble alongside a call; talk with FaceTime or any other app you like.
DRAW ON ANYTHING
Draw over pdfs and images. Snap a picture of homework and draw on it, or review a pdf together. Once you are finished, you can save out a new pdf with your annotations.
WEB OR APP
Work with anyone, even your guests who don’t have an iPad or iPhone. The web app can be used to draw using a tablet, touch screen computer, or stylus. Display your live drawing on a big screen in a classroom or conference room using any browser and a convenient link.
SET UP IN A SNAP
Get on the same whiteboard together in seconds. No registering for an account or adding contacts in yet another app. Once you’ve connected in FaceTime or by phone you can tell your guests to join you using a link or a code, for free, with no messy sign ups.
INFINITE SPACE, UNLIMITED BOARDS
Control scrolling of the infinite drawing space so that everyone sees the same area at the same time. Whiteboards are unlimited, so you can start fresh for each topic. Unlike a real whiteboard, many people can draw in the same space at the same time!
POINT AND GESTURE
Point things out as you’re speaking with Scribble’s virtual laser pointer. No more clumsy describing of which part of a picture you’re referring to – just use the magical disappearing laser ink. Designate different colors if you and your guests both need to point.
If you’ve got an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, drawing feels especially great in Scribble. It’s like using paper, but you can draw with anyone, anywhere in the world. You can also use Settings to decide what you’d like your finger to do while you have the Pencil in hand.
NEAT SHAPES, STRAIGHT LINES
Can’t draw in a straight line? Neither can we! Scribble helps you draw perfect lines and shapes. Draw and pause without lifting your marker: you’ll see your shape pop magically into a rectangle, circle, ellipse, parallelogram, trapezoid, triangle or straight line.
FREE FOR GUESTS
Inviting people requires Scribble membership, but your guests join you for free. The membership subscription comes free for 2 weeks per monthly subscription, or 1 month per annual subscription. Drawing on your own is also free, and you can keep your whiteboards if you decide you don’t want to invite others anymore.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription auto-renews at the same price unless disabled in iTunes Account Settings 24 hours before the end of the period each month. You can go to scribble.cool/cancel for instructions to cancel your subscription and turn auto-renew off.
Terms of Service: https://scribbletogether.com/terms”
4. ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard
ShowMe allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. It’s an amazingly simple app that anyone can use, no matter how young or old!
INTUITIVE AND POWERFUL
– Record your ShowMe tutorial right away — no manuals or complicated menus needed
– Drop in images onto the whiteboard
– Easily switch between drawing and erasing (as well as pausing and playing) to make your ShowMe flow from concept to concept
– You can make your ShowMe as long or as short as it needs to be, and record as many ShowMe’s as you want. Go nuts!
– Once you’re finished recording, upload your ShowMe to share with the community (or keep it private if you prefer)
– Discover awesome tutorials created by other members of the ShowMe community
A VARIETY OF USES
– Easily explain a range of topics from math to chemistry to music theory to basket weaving.
– Add ShowMe’s to your Do-It-Yourself blog
– Attach a personal message to any travel photos you want to share
– Diagram offensive and defensive strategies for sports
– Grade student work with commentary explaining the reasoning behind their performance
– Use ShowMe as an interactive whiteboard substitute
Implement a “flipped classroom”
– Showcase your ShowMes online and share your knowledge with your students, friends, family, or the world!
– Multiple brush colors
– Enter text
– Pause and erase
– Import pictures from your photo library, built-in camera, or web image search
– Import documents as pictures from Dropbox, or Google drive
– Create video from any document
– Unlimited lesson length
– Free to upload and share your recordings with friends
– Easy embedding for sharing anywhere
– Manage students with Groups
“Groups” allows teachers to share their ShowMes and interact with students privately. A teacher with ShowMe Premium subscription can create an unlimited amount of groups and invite their students. Students can join groups for free!
ShowMe Premium is an auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription which unlocks all ShowMe features. For just $9.99 a month or $89.99 a year:
– Upload up to 300 hours of ShowMes
– Post privately
– Create study groups
– Markup and share any documents in groups
– Import documents into ShowMe
– Search and import images from the web
– Download your video files
– Create student accounts
– Create courses
With “Courses” ShowMe creators can organize multiple ShowMe lessons and tutorials into one comprehensive lesson plan.
The ShowMe Marketplace allows premium users to earn extra income by posting paid premium courses for other educators or students within the ShowMe community.
AS SEEN ON
– Business Insider
– Numerous teacher blogs and educational blogs
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
The ShowMe team is small, nimble, and quick to respond to suggestions/requests. Follow us on twitter at @showmeapp. Or feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com with any questions, concerns, or stories about how you’re using ShowMe.
Terms & Conditions: http://www.showme.com/termsofuse
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period”
5. Whiteboard Easy and Smart
It’s a simple whiteboard that makes your work, life and learning easier. This whiteboard app was launched in 2012 and is unique in that it provides a number of coaching templates for coaches to use on site to direct their players, which has been well received by many coaches. The product is unique in that it has a button layout and the tools are easy to exit. Our products have been well received by coaches, teachers and students, and students mainly use them as sketch paper and for assignments, so much so that we have received many applications from student teachers and coaches on WeChat to add them as friends and discuss product plans with them to continuously improve the product.
It can be used for sketching, demonstrations, slates, doodling, as your note pad, temporary notepad, mimeographing vocabulary, and calculating problems. Home education whiteboards, school teacher education chalkboards, conference room whiteboards, various ball coaching demonstrations, live coaching, teaching, etc., as well as children drawing and painting, etc. The most surprising and touching thing is that some people with speech difficulties send letters of thanks, saying that this product helps them communicate with the outside world.
Easy to use
1. One finger can write by hand.
2. Two fingers can zoom in or out on the bottom image.
3. Double-tap on the Apple Pencil to bring up or close the eraser.
The entire interface consists of a single canvas, the usual four colours, three stroke sizes and a few common buttons.
1. Fourth brush at the bottom: you can choose from an unlimited number of colours.
2. Background setting button at the bottom: in addition to providing many useful background templates, you can also choose unlimited colours.
3. The third stroke size at the bottom: you can further choose to customise more sizes and then select more default sizes.
4. The Private Folder button on the left allows you to save or save the file you are editing to a private folder, or export it to a PDF file and share it.
5. The Tools button on the left allows you to use a number of simple graphical gadgets, and to use special pens such as soft pens and markers. You can also use special pens such as soft pens and markers, as well as settings such as: preventing hand strokes when using the Apple Pencil, using watermarks, etc.
6. Save the finished drawing as a high resolution image directly to your album or share it on social networks.
7. The new private folder offers even more possibilities, especially the PDF export feature, which is a handy little tool for making PDFs. You can import some image material, process it through the whiteboard, save it to a private folder and then select multiple files to export to a single PDF file at the same time, which can be saved locally or shared with others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How do I adjust the font size and colour?
When you select the colour and size of the brush, the font will change. The width of your finger from start to finish is the width of the font, so you can try it out.
Question 2: Where is the image saved?
Answer: Saved to your device’s photo album. Note that you need to set the permissions to allow access to your album.
Question 3: Why can’t I save the pictures?
Answer: This is due to the new privacy mechanism on Apple IOS 6 and above. Please open.
Settings >> Privacy >> Photos.
Then select Allow Whiteboard to access your album.
Question 4: How do I close the window?
Just swipe down from any position.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.
Official website: whiteboardapp.org”
6. Whiteboard Explain Everything
Winner of the App Store Best of 2020: Leading the Classroom.
Replace your physical whiteboard with an infinite digital canvas you can use anywhere. Mix drawing and handwriting with imported documents and multimedia for better learner engagement. Invite students or teachers to the whiteboard during live presentations or to co-create video. Bring static slides to life – record content! Never lose your teaching materials again. Save your time and save paper. Choose the Explain Everything interactive whiteboard app for education.
Use the Explain Everything Whiteboard app to:
• Digitize, create, store, and share your teaching materials.
• Draw, write, sketchnote, visualize, Scribble with Apple Pencil, explain, show live in the classroom or online.
• Record and edit whiteboard video lessons for effective blended learning.
• Integrate with popular Learning Management Systems to create various whiteboard assignments.
• Conduct engaging, interactive presentations through conferencing apps or SharePlay to whiteboard with others.
• Securely manage student access, data, and privacy.
This digital whiteboard for teachers is a powerhouse of features and integrations:
• Import and Export content through integrations with iCloud, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Evernote.
• Use images, documents, video and audio files, and projects in many formats, like: .png, .gif, .jpg, .pdf, .doc, .pages, .xls, .ppt, .iwb, .mp4, .mov, .mp3, .wav, .m4a, .xpl, .ipt and many more.
• Enrich your materials with images and GIFs, Sticky Notes, Clipart, 3D Models, Shapes, Web Browser, Equations, hyperlinks, text boxes, different backgrounds and patterns, pen and pencil drawings, highlights and more.
• Scan documents and easily edit, save and share them.
• Capture everything that happens on the screen with the easy animation recording. Split, trim, cut, delete, compact, smooth out movement, and see the result immediately. Render and host your videos for you in the Explain Drive cloud, so you can save time and storage. Use Center Stage to include yourself with dynamic video capturing.
• Share your materials as images, PDFs, MP4s, or web video links for instant watch or editable projects.
• Stream your presentations through SharePlay or popular conferencing tools, including Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
• Assign whiteboard lessons, tasks, and videos to students through all the most popular LMSs and class organization tools, like: Google Classroom, Canvas, Moodle, Schoology, Blackboard, and more.
• Present or whiteboard together in real time with voice chat on any device, anywhere. Set up different collaboration scenarios, turn on and off editing tools for your audience, have them follow you or work on a task with or without you.
CREATE AND DIGITIZE YOUR TEACHING MATERIALS
• Save and share your whiteboard lessons with students.
• Organize your teaching content and use it on any device.
• Create a rich lesson library that you don’t need to carry in a bag.
RECORD VIDEOS TO INSTRUCT, ENGAGE AND EXPLAIN
• Capture every action performed on the canvas.
• Use the Camera Frame for more control over parts that get recorded.
• 3 different recording modes to edit and enrich your recordings.
• Use the recordings to support your blended learning, give feedback and explain.
• Invite students to use whiteboard videos to share their thinking.
ENGAGE YOUR STUDENTS
• Use the collaborative whiteboard for a virtual classroom and live presentations.
• Share your canvas in the Explain Drive cloud to assign your students tasks or group work.
• Use Explain Everything with popular LMSs to create whiteboard assignments with Explain Everything.
• Create cloud whiteboard teaching materials to make them available from any device, anywhere.”