If you are looking for the Best iPhone Xr Camera App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best iPhone Xr Camera App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best iPhone Xr Camera App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best iPhone Xr Camera App
1. Camera+ 2
“Take your iPhone photo editing to the next level with Camera+ 2 – the best and most powerful photo capturing & editing app available. Camera+ 2 is designed by photo lovers on a mission to incorporate all the advances in photo technology that are being introduced year after year.
POWERFUL PHOTO EDITING
The Lab contains many photographic tools that allow you to fine-tune the exposure, boost the shadows, sharpen your photo, and adjust curves among many others. Dozens of built-in filters help you get that final look. Our favorites system makes it easy to save, share, and apply your favorite sets of edits to many photos at once.
RAW SHOOTING & EDITING
RAW mode provides maximum flexibility for editing, by saving the exact image captured by the sensor at its full precision. The RAW Editor includes tools such as Curves and a White Balance picker. Use the RAW Editor to develop your images, or send them to your computer and use your current workflow.
PHOTO LIBRARY INTEGRATION
We have achieved a fantastic integration with the photos you already have in your library. Instead of clunkily importing a photo you want to edit, doing your thing and saving it back, simply switch tabs and edit it right in place. And you’ll love the multitasking support in iPad. The editors can also be used on the photos in your Photo Library. Switch between your library and the Lightbox by simply tapping a button, or use drag and drop gestures in the iPad. Files and iTunes integration are also available to easily transfer pictures to your computer or other apps.
Camera+ 2 adapts to your style and technical savvy. If you like the system camera, select the Auto preset to use a simple, clear interface that will let you concentrate on your shot. Camera+ 2 provides all the essential framing and exposure tools, and will select the best parameters for you.
As your skills progress, or if you are already familiar with DSLRs, you’ll feel at home in Manual mode. You’ll be able to select the best lens, shutter time, ISO or white balance for your capture.
Other presets are available for purpose-specific captures, providing sensible settings for the task at hand. Slow Shutter allows you to take long exposures, even in daylight. Macro is optimized to work on close subjects, and Action tracks the object you select and automatically enables Burst so you don’t miss the shot.
INTRODUCING MAGIC ML
Magic ML is our most advanced capture preset to date. It harnesses the power of machine learning to improve your photos as you shoot! But don’t just take our word for it, try out Magic ML and see how much more your photography “pops”! And if you’ve already got photos you’d like to spruce up a bit, we’ve added a Magic ML adjustment in the Lab so you can add as much (or as little) wizardry as you’d like.
If your iPhone has multiple lenses, the Auto preset will use the best one(s) for your scene -just like the standard camera does- and will produce Deep Fusion pictures if it needs to. In Manual mode you are the boss: Camera+ 2 will always honor all the controls you choose. If you want to use the Tele lens, Camera+ 2 will not engage the digital zoom even if the Wide could gather more light. No more surprises after the fact.
SHOOTING ASSIST TOOLS
Use Smile mode to shoot when people are smiling, or Stabilizer to ensure your iPhone is steady enough to produce a sharp picture. Burst and Timer can also be enabled any time you need them.
Focus Peaking highlights the parts of the image that are in focus, which is invaluable if you are focusing manually. Zebra Stripes detect those parts of your composition that are over- or underexposed.
Depth Capture, which is optimized for person subjects, is available in iPhones with dual or triple cameras, and in the iPhone XR. Depth information is saved alongside the image, and the adjustments in The Lab can be selectively applied to distant or close subjects.”
2. Camera+ Legacy
“Hey you! Yeah you! Shouldn’t you be looking for Camera+ 2 instead? Our newest app has been rebuilt from the ground app to support the next 10 years (or 20, who knows?) of mobile photography. Check it out at http://camera.plus
Over 10 million sold!
“The Clarity filter is iPhone photography’s secret sauce—it adds pro-camera crispness to almost any shot.”
— Kevin Sintumuang, The Wall Street Journal
“If the iPhone’s standard camera is like a digital point-and-shoot, the Camera+ app is like a high-quality SLR lens.”
— TIME: 50 Best iPhone Apps 2011
“improves on almost every aspect of the built-in camera app”
— Charlie Sorrel, Wired
Winner: Best Visual Design, Best Photography App
— Best App Ever Awards
It’s all about one thing… great photos!
Whether you’re a seasoned photographer or someone who’s barely touched a camera, Camera+ will make you love taking photos.
Touch Exposure & Focus
Set exposure separately from focus. You can now easily control how light or dark your shots come out.
Use the Stabilizer to steady your iPhone and get the sharpest photos you can. There are countless uses for the Timer including taking the highest-quailty self-portraits. Capture all the action by using Burst to take rapid streams of shots.
Up to 6× zoom with advanced digital processing provides you with quality that simply blows away the competition.
How many times have you wanted to take a pic of yourself in a dark room but couldn’t. Well, now you can!
Use the Horizon Level to eliminate taking crooked shots.
Clarity is one of the biggest breakthroughs to happen to image processing in a long time. Clarity analyzes your photos and makes several intelligent adjustments that magically bring out details and breathe life into dull photos. With Clarity, you’ll stop throwing out bad photos… you’ll be amazed to see what it can do to photos that you’d typically consider unusable, like shots that came out too dark.
Most modern digital cameras all have scene modes to help you get the best photos for your particular situation. With Camera+, you get to choose from several scene modes including Food, Sunset, Night, Portrait, Beach, and many more.
Professional photographer, Lisa Bettany created a slew of stunningly beautiful effects. Make your photos shimmer with “HDR”… get down and dirty with “Grunge”… fill your pics with emotion and despair with “So Emo”. And this is just the tip of the iceberg… there are dozens of 1-touch effects for you to experiment with.
All the pics you take in Camera+ go in the innovative Lightbox where you can quickly and easily skim through them and get rid of bad shots. You save only the photos you’re satisfied with so that your camera roll stays neat and clean.
Whether you want to show your results to your friends and family or the whole world, Camera+ has got you covered. Proudly share your photos on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr. Or go the more personal route and email or message them from right within the app.
iCloud Lightbox sync
Automatically sync your Camera+ photos between all of your devices. Shoot all day on your iPhone… and then edit at night on your iPad.
If you didn’t line-up your shot perfectly when you took it, you can easily fix that with Camera+. And when you want to get a bit creative, we setup a bunch of popular crop sizes for you. With a single tap, you can make your pics square, 4×6, 8×10, and more.
With Camera+ you get several great border designs, from simple black and white borders to more gritty designs, you’ll be able to add wonderful finishing touches.
Have some fun with your photos by putting captions on them. It’s a great way to really personalize your favorite shots.”
“Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your iPhone and iPad Pro, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
“Focos has long been one of the most ambitious photo-editing apps on iOS, turning any photo into a ‘portrait mode’-style image with fully adjustable depth of field, no matter what kind of camera you took it with.”
– Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
– The AI engine can calculate depth of field automatically for all photos.
– True 3D imaging.
– Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
– Import all existing photos and customize the bokeh effect.
– Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
– Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
– Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
– Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
– Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
– Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
– It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
– Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
– An essential tool for all iPhones and iPads.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.”
4. Halide Mark II – Pro Camera
Halide is an App Store Editor’s Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple’s App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore’s “App of the Year 2020,” Macworld’s “Must Have Apps,” The Verge’s “Apps We Love,” and The Sweet Setup’s “Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone.”
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
– Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
– Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
– Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
– Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
– Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
– Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
– Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
– Grid overlay with built-in level
– A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
– Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
– Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
– Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
– Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
– Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
– Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
– Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
– Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max or iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus unless on iOS 15.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12, 13)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, 13 or SE2
“ProCamera is the leading professional photo and video camera app on iOS, catering to enthusiasts, creatives, and pros. For over 12 years, ProCamera has helped its users get the very most out of the iPhone camera.
––– LOVED BY MILLIONS OF USERS –––
The New York Times: “The high-end crowd swears by it”
National Geographic: “A must-have travel app”
––– BY PHOTOGRAPHERS, FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS –––
ProCamera is designed as a go-to camera app that is easy to use in everyday situations, yet deep and multifunctional when needed for special occasions and professional use cases. It offers maximum control over your iPhone camera, but it’s never in the way of capturing the image. Not only does ProCamera bring pro-level DSLR camera features but it also provides a high-end video recording mode and a comprehensive photo editing suite, incl. (Pro) RAW and depth editing.
It’s our ongoing mission to make the iPhone the only camera you will ever need. This is why every aspect of ProCamera has been designed to perfectly capture the moment each time you tap the shutter button.
––– MAIN FEATURES –––
• Manual, Semi-Automatic, and Automatic Mode
• Independent Focus & Exposure control
• Manual Focus with Focus Peaking
• Exposure Compensation with Zebra Stripes
• Portrait Mode for bokeh depth of field effect (incl. Depth Preview)
• Dual & Triple Lens support
• RAW, TIFF, JPG & HEIF support
• ProRAW capture & editing (iPhone 12 Pro and up)
• Manual White Balance (Color Temperature & Tint)
• Self-Timer & Intervalometer
• Selfie Mode with display flash
• AIS Image Stabilization on/off
• EXIF/Metadata Viewer
• Live Histogram
• Digital Zoom
• Adjustable Fill-Light (Torch)
• Rapid Fire Mode
• Apple Watch Remote Control
• Various Aspect Ratios (16:9, 5:4,…)
• Code Scanner (QR, Barcode,…)
• Powerful Photo Album with full iCloud integration
• Album Selector
• Gray Card Calibration
• 3D Tiltmeter
––– VIDEO FEATURES –––
• HD & UHD 4K Video (from 24 fps to HFR)
• Manual Controls: Exposure, Focus, White Balance
• Continuous Video Focus on/off
• High Bitrate Recording
• H.265 (HEVC) Support
• Stereo Audio (iPhone XS and up)
• Support for bluetooth/lightning/USB Microphones (Apple AirPods, Shure MV88 and MV88+, etc.)
• Dolby Vision HDR Video: up to 30 fps on iPhone 12 (mini) and up to 60 fps on iPhone 12 Pro (Max)
…and much, much more!
Visit features.procamera-app.com for a complete list.
––– PROCAMERA UP –––
ProCamera Up is an optional subscription upgrade that unlocks exclusive premium features:
AUTO PERSPECTIVE CORRECT
Using the built-in gyroscope of the iPhone in conjunction with a patented technology enables you to capture photos that are free from perspective distortion. This groundbreaking feature includes a live preview as well as a dedicated editing studio.
Also included in ProCamera Up:
• Exposure Bracketing to increase Dynamic Range
• Safeguarded Private Lightbox folder
• Specialty Photo Filter Sets
The subscription will automatically renew (1 month/1 year), unless cancelled up to 24 hours before the end of the current period. To manage your subscription, go to Settings > iTunes Account & App Store > Apple ID > Subscriptions. The subscription fee will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
Terms & Conditions: https://procameraterms.cocologics.com
––– FEEDBACK & SUPPORT –––
If you have questions or suggestions, please let us know via in-app support or email us at email@example.com.
Visit procamera-app.com and subscribe our newsletter for the latest information about ProCamera.”
6. VSCO: Photo & Video Editor
Share your photos and videos with #VSCO for a chance to be curated by VSCO. We can’t wait to see what you create.
FREE PHOTO EDITOR
Take your photography to the next level with 10 free VSCO presets. Easily import and edit your RAW photos. Use editing tools like Contrast and Saturation to make your photos pop or use Grain and Fade to add texture and mimic analog film effects. Adjust or play around with your photo perspectives with Crop and Skew. Save and recreate your favorite edits with Recipes.
ADVANCED PHOTO EDITING TOOLS
Join VSCO Membership to access VSCO’s complete preset library with over 200+ presets. Recreate vintage film looks by Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, and others with Film X. Use advanced photo editing tools like HSL and Split Tone. Frame your images with a touch of color using Borders.
Transform your videos on mobile with the same premium VSCO presets and advanced editing tools from our photo editor. Adjust white balance and experiment with color control with HSL. Easily create short video GIFs with DSCO.
Tell a video story and make a moving collage by layering videos, images, and shapes. Celebrate moments, illustrate a mood, or experiment with photos and videos you already have in your Studio. Adjust the opacity of any media layered in to create an eclectic range of customized gel colors and double exposures.
CONNECT WITH A CREATIVE COMMUNITY
Explore inspiring photos, videos, and editorial in Discover. Find people you know and connect with friends already on VSCO. Create with Journals. Try something new with weekly photo Challenges exclusive to your VSCO membership.
MEMBERSHIP TRIAL AND SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Start your VSCO membership with a free 7-day trial. Once the trial is over, you’ll be charged an annual subscription fee. Your VSCO membership will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your Settings > iTunes Account & App Store > Apple ID > Subscriptions to manage your membership and turn auto-renew off. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Read more about our terms and conditions here —