If you are looking for the Best Jabber App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Jabber App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Jabber App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Jabber App For Android
1. Conversations (Jabber / XMPP)
• Be as beautiful and easy to use as possible without sacrificing security or privacy
• Rely on existing, well established protocols
• Do not require a Google Account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
• Require as little permissions as possible
• End-to-end encryption with either OMEMO or OpenPGP
• Encrypted audio and video calls (DLTS-SRTP)
• Sending and receiving images
• Intuitive UI that follows Android Design guidelines
• Pictures / Avatars for your Contacts
• Syncs with desktop client
• Conferences (with support for bookmarks)
• Address book integration
• Multiple Accounts / unified inbox
• Very low impact on battery life
Conversations makes it very easy to create an account on the conversations.im server. Using that server comes with an annual fee of 8 Euro after a 6 month trial period. However Conversations will work with any other XMPP server as well. A lot of XMPP servers are run by volunteers and are free of charge.
Conversations works with every XMPP server out there. However XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are standardized as well in so called XEP’s. Conversations supports a couple of those to make the overall user experience better. There is a chance that your current XMPP server does not support these extensions. Therefore to get the most out of Conversations you should consider either switching to an
XMPP server that does or – even better – run your own XMPP server for you and your friends.
These XEPs are – as of now:
• XEP-0065: SOCKS5 Bytestreams (or mod_proxy65). Will be used to transfer files if both parties are behind a firewall (NAT).
• XEP-0163: Personal Eventing Protocol for avatars
• XEP-0191: Blocking command lets you blacklist spammers or block contacts without removing them from your roster.
• XEP-0198: Stream Management allows XMPP to survive small network outages and changes of the underlying TCP connection.
• XEP-0280: Message Carbons which automatically syncs the messages you send to your desktop client and thus allows you to switch seamlessly from your mobile client to your desktop client and back within one conversation.
• XEP-0237: Roster Versioning mainly to save bandwidth on poor mobile connections
• XEP-0313: Message Archive Management synchronize message history with the server. Catch up with messages that were sent while Conversations was offline.
• XEP-0352: Client State Indication lets the server know whether or not Conversations is in the background. Allows the server to save bandwidth by withholding unimportant packages.
• XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload allows you to share files in conferences and with offline contacts. Requires an additional component on your server.”
2. XMPP Jabber Client
“XMPP Jabber Client is a amazing free and open source client for android. XMPP Jabber Client enables you to connect to an XMPP for instant messaging with other people over the Internet. XMPP Jabber Client works with many XMPP servers, but is recommended for use with the conversations.im server.
Some of the features of XMPP Jabber Client are listed below
• Multiple Accounts
• Exceptional battery life
• Contact Avatars
• Various forms of end-to-end encryption
• Photo transfers
• Conferences chats
• Many more!
Download the app now and enjoy!
Check out the Beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.KDJStudios.XMPPJabberClient”
3. Cisco Jabber
“Cisco Jabber™ for Android is a collaboration application that provides presence, instant messaging (IM), cloud messaging, voice and video calling, voicemail capabilities on Android phone, tablet and Android Wear devices. Escalate your Jabber calls into multi-party conferencing with Cisco Webex® Meetings. This integrated collaboration experience works with both on premise and cloud-based collaboration architectures.
This application supports the following capabilities:
• High-quality voice and video with interoperability to Cisco TelePresence and other audio/video endpoints
• IM and presence in on-premises, Webex Messenger or team messaging deployment
• Visual voicemail
• One-tap escalation to Webex meetings (cross-launches the Cisco Webex® Meetings application)
• Meeting controls in Cisco Meeting Server(CMS) meetings and Webex CMR meetings
Device and Operating System Requirements:
Cisco Jabber for Android Release 14.0 is officially supported on the following Android devices:
• Blackberry: Priv
• Fujitsu: Arrows M357
• Google: Nexus 5/5x/6/6P/7/9, Pixel, Pixel C/XL/2/2 XL/3/3 XL/4/4 XL/4a 5G
• Honeywell Dolphin: CT40, CT50, CT60
• HTC: 10, A9, M8, M9, X9
• Huawei: Honor 7, Mate 8/9/10/10 Pro/20/20 Pro, Nova, P8, P9, P10, P10 Plus, P20, P20 Pro, P30, P30 Pro
• LG: G3, G4, G5, G6, V10, V30
• Motorola: Moto G4, G5, G6, Moto Z Droid
• Nokia: 6.1, 8.1
• OnePlus: One, 5, 5T, 6, 6T , 7T, 8, 8 Pro and 8T
• Samsung: devices that meet the minimal hardware requirement
• Seuic: Cruise 1
• Sonim: XP8
• Sony Xperia: XZ, XZ1, XZ2, XZ3, Z2, Z2 tablet, Z3, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z3+, Z4, Z4 TAB, Z5, Z5 Premium, 5 Mark II
• Xiaomi: Mi 4/4C/5/5S/6/8/9/10/10 Ultra/A1/Max/Mix 2/Note/Note 2, Pocophone, Redmi Note 3/Note 4X/Note 5/Note 6 Pro
• Zebra: TC51, TC75X
Cisco Jabber for Android Release 14.0 is also supported on a couple of Chromebook models.
Refer to Release notes for more details including Android OS version, Chromebook support and any potential updates.
For more information about Cisco Jabber, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/jabber
IMPORTANT: If connecting to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, administrators must enable the correct Cisco Jabber for Android configurations, or proper connectivity will not be established. For details, review the Cisco Jabber Installation and Configuration Guide.
IMPORTANT: Most of the features described above are specific to a particular system configuration. Please check with your IT administrator to determine the specific features that are available to you.
Portions of Cisco Jabber are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL), and are “Copyright © 1999 Erik Walthinsen email@example.com”. You may obtain a copy of the LGPL license at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html.
Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Jabber are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Copyright © 2013 – 2020 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
By tapping “Install” you agree to install Jabber and all future software updates, and you accept the terms of service and privacy statement below:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback.”