If you are looking for the Best Java Coding App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Java Coding App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Java Coding App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Java Coding App For Android
You need Android 2.2.3 or higher and a storage card (/sdcard/) to use this app!
Following development tools are integrated in JavaIDEdroid:
* aapt tool
* Eclipse compiler for Java
* dx tool
* DexMerger tool
* zipsigner-lib (this library also does the zipalign)
* SpongyCastle Library
* BeanShell Interpreter
* JavaRunner: allows to run any binary Java commandline application (.jar file)
The APP can be extended with modules. The modules are loaded dynamically and the integrity of the module is checked before every start of the module. In the download area of the project’s website you’ll find some pre-built modules, for example for Ant or the jar tool.
The APP can be controlled and customized with BeanShell scripts. The APP supports the ‘protected script mode’ which verifies the integrity of the scripts before executing them.
The software supports project features:
* Project definition files: Allows to define project specific information for every project.
* Default scripts: Due to the project definition files, it is possible to use default BeanShell scripts (for compiling and building) which fit almost all projects. The default scripts can be started from the project menu and can be customized if needed.
* Project template: When creating a new project definition files, you can tell the app to create a skeleton project for you.
* Recent project list: Allows to quickly re-open recent projects
* Project filemanager: Allows you to browse all your project files and create, open, edit, delete and run (only .bsh files) them. There is a ‘Directory list’ button that lets you quickly change to another subdirectory of the project.
* Project time log: Allows you to see the time spent for development
By installing the JavaIDEdroidPRO key (or the old JavaIDEdroidPRO 1.x app) additional features become available:
* Unlimited project support (the free version only supports very small projects)
* DexMerger Tool: Allows to merge 2 .dex files. So, .jar libraries do not need to be re-dexed everytime.
* dx: Merge functionality
* dx: Incremental option
* APK signing with user certificate
* Unlimited JavaRunner (the free version only supports very small .jar files and only 1 module at a time)
The Permission is used, so that Java console applications can access the Internet. JavaIDEdroid itself does not need the Internet access.
For more details see the online version of the built-in help file: http://www.tanapro.ch/products/JavaIDEdroid/help-en.html
Check the project web site for more information and support:
In the Wiki you’ll find a HowToGetStarted tutorial:
In the Wiki you’ll also find a guide on how to create and use the module for the free Java obfuscator yGuard.
There, you’ll also find how to create Codename One applications on your Android device.
Please check the support forum before rating this app badly. We will give our best to help you there.
2. Jedona – Compiler for Java
“Java is a general-purpose programming language that is class-based and object-oriented. It is intended to let application developers write once, run anywhere (WORA), meaning that compiled Java code can run on all platforms that support Java without the need for recompilation. Java applications are typically compiled to bytecode that can run on any Java virtual machine (JVM) regardless of the underlying computer architecture.
– Compile and run your program
– View program output or detailed error
– Advanced source code editor with syntax highlighting, bracket completion and line numbers
– Open, save, import and share Java files.
– Customize the editor
– Internet connection is required for compilation
– Maximum program running time is 20s
– Some file system, network and graphics functions may be limited
– This is a batch compiler; interactive programs are not supported. For example, if your program provides an input prompt, enter the input in the Input tab prior to compilation.”
3. CodeGym: learn Java
If you dream of becoming a programmer, but you’re short of time for learning on courses with a demanding schedule, here’s a solution. With this app, you can devote as much time for your learning as you have, and practice wherever you want. Even 30 minutes a day would be enough for reading a couple of lectures or solving a few tasks 🙂
Our Java programming course is designed in a playing format and includes four quests. Each quest consists of 10 levels with lectures and tasks. Imagine you play a game and skill-up your character along with actually learning how to code!
Of course, it’s quite a tough task to write dozens of code lines on your smartphone. With this aim in view, we’ve developed a fully-featured system of auto expands and tips to help you code faster. After you write the solution, send it for review and get instant verification.
There’s a whole lot of Java tasks in the course, such as:
– Writing your code;
– Fixing existing code;
– Self-consistent mini-projects and games.
If you run into sticky points while solving any task, feel free to ask for a hint in the help section and get advice from other students or course developers.
We save your progress, so you can return to learning any minute and continue with solving tasks or reading lectures.
Learn Java fundamentals the right way — through coding practice!”
4. AIDE- IDE for Android Java C++
“AIDE is an integrated development environment (IDE) for developing real Android apps directly on your Android device. Follow interactive coding lessons and step-by-step become an expert app developer. Visually design apps, write code with the feature rich editor with code completion, real-time error checking, refactoring and smart code navigation, run your app with a single click and use the Java debugger to find bugs.
AIDE features interactive lessons with step-by-step instructions to learn Android app development and Java programming skills. Follow the lessons, become an expert and apply what you’ve learned in your own app projects.
AIDE will turn your Android tablet with keyboard into a real development box. AIDE will turn your Android Phone into a small development computer to browse and touch your code on the go.
AIDE supports building apps with Java/Xml and the Android SDK, apps with C/C++ and the Android NDK as well as pure Java console applications. AIDE is fully compatible with Eclipse projects. You can just copy the sourcecode to your device and open the Eclipse project in AIDE to start coding. Alternatively you can keep your sourcecode on your Dropbox – AIDE integrates with Dropbox and allows to easily download from your Dropbox and sync back your changes. AIDE can also open Android Studio projects, which follow the default folder structure. AIDE also supports Git for professional development.
Purchasing AIDE Prime, the AIDE Premium Key, the debugger or the UI designer disables all ads in the app.
A brief summary of features…
Learn-to-code (in-app purchase):
– Interactive lessons with step-by-step instructions
– Java programming course
– Android development course
– Game development course
– Android Wear course
– Create a sample App with a single click
– Build Java/Xml apps
– Build C/C++ NDK apps
– Build pure Java console applications
– Run your App with a single click
– No root access required
– Incremental compilation for fast build times
– Uses Eclipse .classpath project format for compatibility
– Open default Android Studio projects
– Integrated LogCat viewer
Debugger (in-app purchase):
– Debug Android Java apps and Java Console apps
– Step-in, step-over, step-out
– Inspect thread trace
– Inspect local variables
– Inspect object fields
Real-time error checking:
– Real time error analyis throughout the whole project as you type
– Automatic Quick-Fixes for many errors
– Preview XML layouts
– Jump from view in the designer to the XML element
– Inline variable
– Introduce variable
– Extract method
– Code formatter
– Organize imports
– Out-comment code
– Create setters/getters/constructors from fields
– Goto defintion
– Find usages
– Goto symbol
– Goto class
– Very fast editor even with large files
– Code completion for Java and Android XML
– Android online help directly from the code
– Syntax highlighting for Java and XML
– Unlimited Undo/Redo
– Pinch zoom
– Smart expand selection
– Keyboard support with configurable keybindings
– UI optimized for small screens to show as much code/content as possible
– Built-in file manager with the most common features: Rename, delete, create file or folder
– Dropbox integration
– Git integration with Commit/Dicard/Push/Pull/Branch/Merge and SSH support.
To summarize: AIDE offers Java programming for the beginning, intermediate or advanced programmer. Beginners can learn to code, developers can do real development. Using the advanced editor with code completion and syntax highlighting to edit Java and XML files, then compile the software, the use the Compiler to turn it into an app. AIDEs incremental Compiler is blazingly fast. Interoperiability with Android Studio and commandline SDK Tools is provided. Not only does AIDE Support Java development but C and C++ native development is supported as well.”
DroidScript makes coding 10x faster and easier than using the standard Android API because we have done all the hard work for you and wrapped it up in an easy-to-use API which simplifies and protects you from all the issues which are caused by differences in hardware and Android versions across the multitude of phones and tablets available.
For larger projects, we highly recommend using the built-in browser based IDE (editor). It connects via WiFi to your device allowing wire free coding from Windows, Linux or Mac PCs and it makes coding a breeze!
If you want to get serious about coding and release your apps on to Google Play then you can even build APKs and AABs directly on your device in a matter seconds!
You can choose to make Native apps or HTML5 apps, or make Hybrid Apps using the built-in WebView control. Whichever way you choose, you can make use use of all the power of the modern Chrome browser engine in every type of app.
It’s not just for beginners! Many professionals are using DroidScript all over the world and we can provide an ‘enhanced support service’ to help you build your commercial application. (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info)
– Build apps for Android, Amazon Fire and ChromeBooks.
– Add Buttons, Text and Graphics.
– Access GPS, Compass, Camera, Accelerometer, Bluetooth, WiFi.
– Use native controls and/or HTML5 and CSS.
– Create background services and Schedule Jobs.
– Build games with Animations, Sound Effects and Physics.
– Control Arduino, ESP32, Raspberry Pi and many other gadgets.
– Build Kiosks, POS systems and Machine controllers.
– Share app source with your friends as .spk files.
– Store shared data in our CloudStore service.
– Create home-screen shortcuts to your apps.
– Built-in documentation.
– Works off-line and Online.
– Available in English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian,Spanish.
– Runs on Banana-Pi, Orange-Pi and ODROID
– Control GPIO and UART on embedded devices.
– Hundreds of samples and demos.
– Hundreds of plugins available.
– Thousands of NPM modules available.
– Extendable via our Plugin SDK
– New stuff being added all the time!
Already a Java coder? Why not boost your productivity and switch to DroidScript so that you can rapidly generate your UI and then extend DroidScript’s functionality through our plugin mechanism.
Please be kind and post issues and requests on the forum Forum instead of giving negative reviews.
Please rate this app if you like it!”
6. Learn Java: Ultimate Guide
“Build your programming skills in the Java Programming language. Become a Java programming master with this programming learning app. Learn the basics of Java Programming or become an expert in Java Programming with this best Java code learning app. Learn to code with Java Programming Language for free with a one-stop programming language learning app – “Learn Java Programming”. If you’re preparing for a Java programming interview or just preparing for your upcoming coding test, this is a must have app for you.
With the Learn Java Programming app, you can find Java Programming Tutorials, Programming Lessons, Programs, Questions & Answers and all that you need to either learn Java programming basics or to become a Java programming expert.
With a wide collection of hundreds of programs (code examples) with comments, multiple questions and answers, all your programming learning needs are bundled in a single code learning app.
What all programming languages you can learn with this coding tutor app?
With the “Learn Java Programming” app you can make code learning easy and fun. Here are the features that would make us your single choice to learn the Java programming language –
💻Amazing collection of Java Tutorials chapter-wise
💻100+ Java Programs with proper comments for better understanding
💻Output for each of the code examples/programs
💻Questions & Answers in different categories
💻Important Exam Questions
💻Share the Tutorials & Programs with just one-click
💻Tutorials for Beginners or Experts at Java programming
“Learn Java Programming” app has a really simple and intuitive user interface. It is the best app to let you learn the Java programming language for free. So, what are you waiting for? Download the app now to become an expert at Java Programming Languages
If you have any feedback for us, please write us an email and we will be happy to help you out. If you have liked any feature of this app, feel free to rate us on the play store and share with other friends.
Disclaimer: This app is just a tutorial/learning app for Java Programming Language. It is not affiliated to the makers of Java Programming Language.”
7. Java N-IDE – Android Builder – Java SE Compiler
(No official support) Build apk file (only support armeabi-v7a, x86)
1. Create simple java project https://github.com/tranleduy2000/javaide/wiki/Create-simple-Java-project
1. Offline java compiler (support jdk 1.5, 1.6. 1.7 or higher if your device support)
2. Java auto complete when typing
3. Build android app
4. Build java library ✔
5. Java code formatter (Google Java code formatter) ✔
6. Build Android app. ✔
7. Android Logcat
1. Java debugger (jdb).
2. Run java file, class file ✔
3. Support VCS
4. Decompile class, jar
5. XML auto complete
6. Layout builder for Android
I would absolutely love every possible kind of contributions. If you
have a questions, ideas, need help or want to propose a change just open
an issue. Pull request are greatly appreciated.
8. Learn Java
Learn Java in a greatly improved learning environment with more lessons, real practice opportunity, and community support.
SoloLearn’s Learn Java is a comprehensive guide to one of the most popular programming languages in the world. And here’s a bonus: Learn Java is FREE!
The lessons in Learn Java lessons are fast, easy, and effective; the app is set up to be completed in less than three hours. No prior programming experience is needed.
With Learn Java, you’ll learn object-oriented Java programming and have the ability to write clear and valid code in almost no time at all. So don’t hesitate. Begin our step-by-step tutorial today, and learn a new skill!
The app’s 64 lessons cover the following topics:
• Java Basics: Variables, Operators, etc.
• Conditional Statements and Loops
• Classes and Objects
• Encapsulation, Polymorphism, and Inheritance
• Abstract Classes and Interfaces
• Anonymous and Inner Classes
• Exception Handling
• Working with Files
• And Much More!
Become a Java developer – start SoloLearn’s FREE tutorial today!!
Unlock levels, collect points, and compete with your peers around the world.
Learn and have fun with SoloLearn!”