If you are looking for the Best Lake Navigation App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Lake Navigation App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Lake Navigation App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
1. Boating Marine & Lakes
“Let us be your guide. An indispensable app for cruising, fishing, sailing, diving and all your activities on the water. Get the same detailed marine and lake nautical charts and advanced features as on the best GPS plotters, and more.
> TRY FOR FREE: Download the app and try all charts and features for a limited time.
> SUBSCRIBE: Start your 1-year subscription to:
– Download chart layers for offline use (permanent)
– Access daily updates, chart overlays and advanced features (renewable)
Use your subscription across your compatible smartphones and tablets by logging in to the Boating app with the same account.
THE SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDES:
> CHART LAYERS FOR OFFLINE USE
– NAUTICAL CHART: A comprehensive cartography resource for lakes, rivers and marine areas.
– SONARCHART™: An exclusive 1’ (0.5 meters) HD bathymetry map features extraordinary bottom contour detail enhanced by millions of sonar logs contributed by boaters.
– COMMUNITY EDITS and ACTIVECAPTAIN® COMMUNITY: Crowd-sourced local information and points of interest shared by the Navionics® and Garmin ActiveCaptain boating communities.
– U.S. GOVERNMENT CHARTS (NOAA): Available with the following coverage areas: U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Caribbean to Brazil, Pacific Islands, Asia and Africa.
> DAILY CHART UPDATES: The latest charts are available via download, with up to 5,000 updates every day.
– CHART OVERLAYS
SONARCHART SHADING: A detailed rendering of the seafloor and lake bottoms in varying shades of blue offers a unique perspective of underwater topography at a glance.
RELIEF SHADING: Highly detailed shading combines color and shadow to provide an easy-to-interpret, clearer view of bottom structure.
SONAR IMAGERY: Shows bottom hardness in vivid color to easily identify transition areas. Available on select U.S. lakes.
TERRAIN: Shows roads and useful points of interest on land.
SATELLITE: Satellite images provided by a third party.
– DOCK-TO-DOCK AUTOROUTING*: Start your trip with a suggested route based on chart data and navigation aids for advanced route planning that offers ETA, distance to arrival, heading to waypoint, fuel consumption and more.
– CONNECTIONS: Stay in touch with friends and fellow boaters on and off the water. Share your profile, tracks, routes, markers and live location with your boating community.
ADVANCED MAP OPTIONS: Customize your chart views to change chart-overlay combination, highlight shallow areas, target multiple fishing ranges and more.
– WEATHER AND TIDES: Access real-time weather data, daily and hourly forecasts, as well as wind, weather buoys, tides and currents overlaid on your map.
– GPX IMPORT/EXPORT: Easily handle your tracks, routes and markers. Share, store and display them on various apps, plotters and other compatible devices.
– AIS: Connect the app to a compatible AIS receiver with Wi-Fi® connectivity to see nearby marine traffic overlaid on the map in real time. No internet connection needed.
– PLOTTER SYNC: Transfer routes and markers, update charts and more to compatible plotters.
– TIMELINE: Enjoy looking back at your trips in the track timeline.
After 1 year, you can renew your subscription or keep using your maps with free features.
– SONARCHART™ LIVE: Create your own 1’ (0.5 meters) HD bathymetry maps that display in real time while navigating. Connect the Boating app wirelessly to a compatible sonar/plotter. You can also automatically share your sonar logs, which helps us improve charts.
– Includes track, route, distance, markers, wind forecasts, map options, sync my data, share location and more.
– Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
– The app is specifically designed to load and operate on devices with an OS of 5.0 or higher.
– Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
*Autorouting is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations. ”
2. C-MAP – Marine Charts
“The C-MAP app provides high-quality nautical maps along with navigation, traffic and weather information to help you plan your next trip on the water.
Our downloadable offline charts help you stay safe while cruising, fishing or sailing, so you can enjoy a stress-free time.
Tailor your maps: Save routes, waypoints and tracks, all accessible when offline. You can also include reviews and pictures to remember that special day or share your trips with your friends and family!
The C-MAP app enables you to:
• Download or stream for free the latest up to date offline marine charts
• Find the best route to your favourite places with Autorouting
• Navigate with offline personal charts, keeping access to saved routes, places and tracks as if you were online
• See AIS data: see the boats around you within 100 km radius, as well as their position, speed and course
• Switch between day, night and bright mode
• Get weather information
• Find relevant information about marinas, harbors, beaches, shops and much more
• Personalize your own maps: highlight areas of the map based on your boat size, use your favourite units of measurement, create places routes and tracks
• Help others discover the best places by sharing places, routes, tracks, reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to visit, and access them later from any computer or device
The C-MAP app updates on a continuous basis to make sure you get the best experience and to bring you the most up-to-date maps and functionalities. Stay tuned!
The maps can be used online for free. You can also purchase one of our new 70 regions as renewable subscription and download the charts on your mobile device to save data and enjoy the maps even in remote areas without connection.
Terms of service
More information at
“This Marine Charts App offers offline nautical charts, inland river navigation charts, and lake contour maps for kayaking, yachting & sailing.
First marine navigation app to have boat route assistance with Voice Prompts. All features of a Marine Chart plotter in one app!
It supports Nautical Charts course up orientation. Incl Tide Charts & Currents prediction for nautical navigation.
Create new boat routes / Waypoints, or import existing GPX/KML routes on device. Has Marine AIS(NMEA) support.
√ GPU accelerated offline vector NOAA charts/ENC charts (text stays upright on rotation)
√ Lake depth map shading/safety lake depth contours: customize boat safety depth
√ Maritime Aids to Boat Navigation : Beacons,Buoys,Boat Launch areas,Boat Ramps,Marina, Fishing Attractors etc
√ Record marine tracks, Autofollow with real-time track overlay
√ Voice Prompts for marine navigation
√ HD 1ft/3ft depth lake contour maps for anglers for selected lake maps: for fishing/trolling(freshwater/saltwater).
√ GPX/KML for boat route.
√ Seamless marine chart quilting: Details from Coastal, Approaches,Harbour & Inland ENC (Electronic Marine Charts)
√ Tide & Currents.
√ Marine AIS
√ Anchor Alarm
√ Magnify Text & Icons
√ Wind Prediction Overlay
√ Bearing True/Magnetic
All details of marine chartplotters!
Unlimited updates for 1 year.
USA: Maps incl coverage of all NOAA marine charts,ENC,USACE inland river maps & freshwater lake bathymetry maps for more than 20K lakes. Charts incl HD/1ft/3ft bathymetry for selected lakes. Incl NOAA marine charts(rasters) where NOAA ENC coverage isn’t available.
Canada: CHS data Incl Great lakes(US & Canada sides),Alberta & Ontario lakes,Lake Simcoe&Trent Severn Canal,Quebec reservoirs.
UK/Ireland: UKHO marine charts
Germany:BSH charts,Waterways & rivers.
Europe Inland Rivers:Donau/Danube/Dunaja,Rhine,Rhein,Garonne,Moselle,Drava,Sava
Malta,Cypress, Mediterranean Sea
Malaysia,South China Sea
Persian/Arabian Gulf,Red Sea
√ Marine AIS & (NMEA AIS and GPS over TCP/UDP)
√ Wind direction & Speed,Marine Sonar depth,Water temperature
►ROUTE MANAGEMENT /TRIP PLANNING
√ Create/Edit/Reverse Boat Routes
√ Waypoints mgt
√ Import GPX,KML & KMZ files
√ Share/Export Routes,Boating log, Tracks&Markers
►FEATURES for BOAT NAVIGATION
√ Auto Follow
* Real Time Overlay & Predicted Path Vector
* Course Up
* Speed & Heading
√ Route Assistance With Voice Prompts
* approaching boating route marker prompt
* Real time nautical distance & ETA
* sailing/boating off route/wrong direction
√ Record Tracks
►TIDE & CURRENTS
* High/Low Tides
* Tidal Current Prediction
* Active Current Stations
* Share tracks/Boat routes/markers/Waypoints
* Export GPX files.
► Satellite Imagery
► USA Marine Charts
*Texas Lakes: Texoma,Eufaula,Toledo Bend
*California Lakes:Tahoe, Shasta
*Pennsylvania Lakes: Lake Raystown
*Florida Lakes: Lake Okeechobee,Kissimmee
*Minnesota Lakes: Lake Minnetonka,Waconia,Leech,Mille Lacs
* Massachussets lakes Quabbin
*Missouri Lakes: Truman
*Ohio Lake maps of Lake hoover
*Wisconsin Lakes: Lake Winnebago,Pepin
* Utah Lake Powell,Bear
*Maine Lake Sebago
*Alaska Lakes: Lake Winnipesaukee
*Tennessee Lake Barkley,Norris,Watts Bar
*South Carolina Lake Keowee,Hartwell,Murray
► Canada Lakes Maps
* Lac Saint Jean
* Ontario Lake depth maps
* Rideau Canal-Ottawa River
* British Columbia Marine Charts
* Pacific Coast-Vancouver- Haida Gwaii
* Nova Scotia South-Bay of Fundy
* Quebec-Anticosti Island
* St. Lawrence river
* Manitoba & Saskatchewan
* Georgian Bay
* Puget Sound
► UK Nautical Charts
* Thames Estuary
► Australia Marine & Lake Maps