If you are looking for the Best Logcat App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Logcat App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Logcat App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Logcat App For Android
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
2. Logcat Reader
• Color coded logs based on log priority
• Search through log messages and tags
• Option to select from available log buffers*
• Save the logs as a simple text file (as you would see via logcat)
• Dark UI theme (switches on at night automatically by default)
*May not work on all devices, in which case, the option will simply not be present in Settings.
Needed for saving logs.
Required for fetching all of the logs, not just the ones produced by the app itself, instructions to grant this permission will show every time the app is opened.
HTC One (m7)
Thank you for checking out this app :)”
3. Logcat Extreme
Please note: Logcat Extreme requires root access or READ_LOGS permission to show logs properly. For non-rooted devices, in order to grant the READ_LOGS permission connect to a computer & copy/paste the following ADB command:
“adb shell pm grant scd.lcex android.permission.READ_LOGS”
Please note: From Android 4.1 onwards ANY logcat app needs root access in order to show logs properly.
New user interface (update 1.5):
the UI has been dramatically improved, again. Now more polished, user friendly, pure material design. All with the aim to bring a top quality app for your logcats.
Introducing “Floating Logcat” (update 1.1):
a new wonderful feature powered by StandOut, it allows you to keep the logcat on top right while you’re working on your device, perfect for your tests! the logcat is shown inside a window you can move, resize and even minimize, just like a desktop one.
* Read live logcat
* Pause and resume
* Record (even in background)
* Send logs via mail
* Apply filters (priority level, format, etc.)
* Search box for quick filtering
* Many options to configure the logcat
* Read the kernel’s debug messages (dmesg)
* Intuitive controls to access all the features with easy
* New “Per-app Logcat” feature!
* Revolutionary “Floating Logcat” feature!
* Floating window resizable even with pintch-to-zoom
– In order to start a new Floating Logcat session tap the last button on the right (bottom bar).
– In order to resize the Floating Logcat drag the bottom-right corner of the window.
Starting from version 1.3, devs can use intent actions and extras in order to launch the
logcat recorder directly from their apps:
“scd.lcex.ACTION_REC” start recording
“scd.lcex.ACTION_STOP” stop recording and service associated
“scd.lcex.EXTRA_FILTER” logcat filter (string, optional), use in conjunction with ACTION_REC”
4. Logcat [NO ROOT]
Read Android logs without root access. The app uses remote debugging to connect to phone local ADB daemon. Configuring remote debugging on a phone can be challenging and requires some technical expertise. It has to be done once and after each device reboot.
Enable USB debugging first on your device. Navigate to Settings > About Phone and tap Build number seven times. Go back, access the Developer options menu and check USB debugging option.
Next step is to enable remote debugging. You need to have Android SDK installed on your computer. Connect your phone via USB cable and run following adb command:
adb tcpip 5555
Disconnect USB cable before trying to use the app. Some phones have problems handling network ADB connection when they are connected via USB as well.
Sometimes establishing connection to ADB hangs and requires killing and restarting the app. It seems to be a problem with ADB daemon itself and not the app issue.”
5. MatLog: Material Logcat Reader
* Color-coded tag names
* Easy-to-read column display
* Real-time search
* Recording mode (with widget)
* Save & open from SD card
* Send logs as email or attachment
* Auto-scrolls when at the bottom of the screen
* Search autosuggestions & saved filters
* Select and save parts of logs
* Open-source and ad-free
* Material goodness
MatLog is based on: https://goo.gl/OVGSII
6. Logcat Reader Professional
-> Filter by apps, processes, threads, tags, levels and messages
-> Unlimited number of filters at the same time
-> Full support for regular expressions
-> Write log entries to a file
-> Copy log entries to clipboard
-> Import log files
This version is financed by discreet advertisements at the bottom of the screen. If you don’t want to see ads, upgrade to the Ultra version.
Note: After installing the Ultra version, it may take a few minutes for the ads to disappear. Please close and open Logcat Reader Professional once a few minutes after installation.
Improvement suggestions are welcome. The app can also be translated into your language. If you are interested, please contact me at email@example.com”