If you are looking for the Best Marine Weather Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Marine Weather Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Marine Weather Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Marine Weather Apps For iPhone
1. Boating Weather
This intuitive app will show you the wind speed, surf and wave height for your coastal zone in the United States. Marine weather data is provided by the National Weather Service (NOAA).
– One touch National Weather Service forecast for today, tonight and this week.
– Shows wind speed, seas wave height and surf forecast.
– Add a location to Favorites for easy reference when switching between zones
– Shows small craft advisories.
– Set your default location to show your local boat weather forecast.
– Simple, intuitive design, quick loading
Whether you want to go on a boating trip, out fishing or for a quick sail, the Boating Weather iPhone App will tell you in a snap what the seas are doing!
“Connecticut state -> LONG ISLAND SOUND EAST OF NEW HAVEN CT/PORT JEFFERSON NY
We regret to inform you that we’re getting updated data for March 30, 2021, which should be updated daily and show current day data. As per the website, we are unable to receive the updated data. We assure you that our team is constantly working on and we will soon come up with the best resolution. “
Please Note: This app does not show forecast for inland waterways/rivers and does not show the forecast for Puerto Rico.”
2. BoatUS – Boat Weather & Tides
The FREE BoatUS app has more than 7000 four star reviews. Download today.
# 24/7 towing assistance
• TowBoatUS is the nation’s largest network of on-water towers with more than 300 ports nationwide.
• Just tap Request A Tow to connect to our dispatch center 24/7.
• When you use the app to call for a tow on the water or road, we’ll know your location – thanks to your phone’s GPS – and dispatch assistance to you quickly.
# Boating forecasts
• Check the current tides, weather and marine conditions on your local waterways or the forecasts for your favorite destinations for up to 5 days ahead of your trip.
• Customize your experience by selecting your preferred tide and buoy stations.
# Small craft advisories
• See what small craft advisories are or will be effecting your area before getting out on the water.
# Hurricane alerts
• Subscribe to specific hurricane alerts and/or select a region to monitor.
# BoatUS discount finder
• Find local marinas, tackle shops, and boatyards that offer you savings and discounts for being a BoatUS Member. Save on dockage, fuel, repairs, and more. And when you arrive, use the app to display your membership card to receive your discount.
• Locate West Marine stores, where BoatUS Members earn the highest level of loyalty rewards, plus TowBoatUS ports and life jacket loaner sites. Use the filters to adjust exactly what types of locations you want to see.
# Manage your membership
• Join, upgrade, or renew your membership right through the app.
# Manage your insurance policy
• BoatUS and GEICO boat policy holders can access your insurance card and policy details, see upcoming invoices, make payments, and even file a claim.
• Not insured with BoatUS? Use the BoatUS app to get a quote on insurance offered by the boating experts.
# Much more
• Share your location, raft up anchorage or favorite fishing hole via Facebook, text or email.
• We’re always looking for feedback, please let us know what features you’d like to see!
• BoatUS has been delivering time, money and lifesaving services to recreational boaters nationwide since 1966. We fight for your rights on Capitol Hill, provide water and road towing services, low-cost marine insurance, discounts at boating businesses nationwide, and more! For more information visit BoatUS.com to join over half a million Members that know it pays to belong. Call 800-888-4869 or visit BoatUS.com for additional information.”
3. Marine Weather Forecast Pro
Main Features Include:
+ Real-time Marine Weather Buoy Data
+ 5-day NWS Marine Weather Forecast
+ 6-hour Historical Wave Trend Reports
+ 7-day Hourly WaveWatch III Model
+ 7-day Hourly Harmonic Tide Forecast
+ NOAA Marine Weather Map Overlays
+ Offshore Marine Zone Forecast
+ Detailed NWS Forecast Discussion
– Primary & Secondary Swell Height
– Swell Period & Direction
– Spectral Wave Energy Density
– Significant Wave Height
– Wind Speed, Gust & Direction
– Air Temperature
– Water Temperature
– Current NWS Alerts
6-HOUR HISTORY DATA
– Primary & Secondary Wave Height
– Swell Period & Direction
– Wave Energy, Period, Direction
7-DAY NOAA WaveWatch III MODEL
– Hourly Swell Predictions (1-6 swells)
– Accurate Wave Height, Period & Direction
7-DAY HOURLY HARMONIC TIDE FORECAST
– Interactive Tide Graphs
– Hourly Tide Predictions
– Current Tide
5-DAY NWS MARINE FORECAST
– Text Summary Forecast
– Marine Weather, Sky, Wind, Waves
– Includes Offshore Marine Zones
– Tap any point on the map!
NOAA CHARTS (MAP OVERLAYS)
– Radar Base Reflectivity
– ENC Nautical Charts
– Significant Wave Height
– Lightning Strike Density
– Wind Speed & Direction
– Air Temperature
– 12-Hour Rain Probability
– NASA GOES Band 13
* Available for iPad & iPhone
— PRO SUBSCRIPTION FEATURES —
+ Hourly Wave, Wind & Weather Forecast
+ NWS Severe Weather Push Notifications
+ NCEP Weather Forecast Models
+ Access 20,000 Weather Stations
+ High Resolution Satellite Imagery
+ NASA SST & Chlorophyll Map Overlays
HOURLY WEATHER FORECAST
– Signifiant Wave Height
– Wind Waves
– Swell (Primary / Secondary Swell if Available)
– Wind Speed, Gust, Direction
– Air Temperature
– Probability of Precipitation
– Cloud Cover
– Relative Humidity
SEVERE WEATHER PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
– Customize NWS Alerts by Marine Zone
– Detailed Alert Information
16-DAY WEATHER FORECAST MODELS
– Global Forecast System (GFS)
– Global Ensemble Forecast System (GEFS)
– North American Ensemble (NAEFS)
WEATHER SIMULATION FORECAST MODELS
– WaveWatch III (WW3)
– Nearshore Wave Prediction System (NWPS)
– Great Lakes Coastal Forecast System (GLCFS)
– Hi-Res Rapid Refresh (HRRR)
– Hi-Res Ensemble Forecast (HREF)
– North American Mesoscale (NAM)
– Hi-Res North American Mesoscale
– High Resolution Window
(HRW-FV3, HRW-ARW, HRW-ARW2)
ACCESS OVER 20,000+ WEATHER STATIONS
– Wind Speed, Direction, Gust
– Dew Point, Humidity, Temperature, Pressure
– Wind History Graphs
HIGH RESOLUTION SATELLITE IMAGERY
Fifteen (15) Satellite Imagery Filters
– Visible (Band 2)
– Near IR (Bands 4 & 5)
– Infrared (Bands 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14 & 16)
– Nighttime Microphysics
– Day Cloud Phase
– True Color
– Air Mass
NASA MAP OVERLAYS
– Sea Surface Temperature
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please remember that this app can only show data the buoy collects. Not all buoys collect weather data. Not all buoys collect wave data. This app will display all data collected by a buoy.
This app is primarily designed to focus on buoys that display the most complete package of marine weather data (waves, weather, forecast, tide etc).
If you notice a missing a buoy, please contact me first rather than leaving a poor review. If you are correct, the buoy can be easily be added to the cloud database.
Lastly, please feel free to contact me with questions, feedback, feature requests and bug reports at email@example.com
4. NOAA Marine Weather
Marine Weather application features:
• Professional designed UI/UX.
• Accurate weather, wind & wave forecast.
• Weather, Wind & Wave charts for detailed visualization.
• Search stations.
• New station suggestion.
• Manage favorite stations for quick access.
• Map which displays all buoys stations.
• Subscription plans for extending application functionality.”
5. PredictWind — Marine Forecasts
“PredictWind’s proprietary PWG and PWE marine weather forecast models along with the ECWMF and GFS models provide the most accurate forecasts, available at the highest resolution.
Easily navigate between wind, swell, rain, cloud, air and sea temperature forecasts in table, map and graph views.
PredictWind’s powerful Weather Routing, Departure Planner, and Forecast Alerts are all powered by these world leading marine forecasts.
View live weather observations from over 20,000 live stations across the globe.
► Highest resolution on the web.
► Choice of top sailors and navigators.
► Incredible detail with tables, graphs and maps.
► Zoom in on high resolution forecast maps. Incredibly powerful tools:
◆ Weather Routing: showing you the fastest route and wind conditions.
◆ Departure Planner: showing you the best day for departure.
◆ Observations: real time live observations with graphs.
◆ Forecast Alerts: get notified directly to your phone, or via email, of the conditions that matter to you.
The features above marked ◆ may be purchased in the app.””