If you are looking for the Best Medical Knowledge Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Medical Knowledge Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Medical Knowledge Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Medical Knowledge Android App
1. “DailyRounds – Cases, Drug Guide, ECG for Doctors”
“★ Drug database prepared by Physicians & Pharmacologists. The app contains 2000+ molecules and 10K+ brands.
★ Largest academic network for Physicians, Surgeons, and Medical students. Awarded # 1 app for Doctors by GSF-NDTV. Highest rated medical app
★ Share and learn from clinical cases
★ Largest Point of care references – Guidelines and Journal updates
In addition, we have coverage of Key national and international medical events like APICON 2016, PEDICON 2016, CSICON, IRIA Radiology Conference, RSNA, DERMACON etc. Interesting, challenging and peer reviewed Clinical Cases and Image Challenges updated weekly. ECG ( EKG ) tutorials, Xray Slides, Radiology cases every week. The app is Open & Completely Free – No subscriptions, No In App purchases, No Advertisements
Get uptodate information on drug list and drug interaction. We also publish updated from IADVL , ASOG , DERMACON 2016
* MCQs that help you to be come a better Doctors
* Updates and Latest new in the field of medicine.
* Peer Reviewed with a strict editorial policy to make sure the content is uptodate and error free. An editorial
and curation team of over 120 Doctors.
Clinical Cases are the best learning tools for Doctors and Medical Students. Daily Rounds presents you clinical cases in a Journal like avatar. These cases are carefully curated by a team of 120 Doctors. DailyRounds has Clinical Cases that matter to your practice….Not just the rarest of the rare ones !
The cases are chosen by the Editorial team based on five criterias : (1) The case Presents a diagnostic, ethical or management challenge. (2) The case Highlights aspects of mechanisms of injury, pharmacology or histopathology that are deemed of particular educational value. (3) At Least 30% of cases are Common Clinical Scenarios (4) The case was managed based on latest evidence based guidelines (5) Comprehensively evaluated cases with no open or missing links.
Also get recent information on drug list and drug interactions
Have fun with clinical cases!”
2. Capsule Clinical Learning
*** See if Capsule is already licensed in your medical school before you download.***
Capsule is trusted by 60+ medical institutions and is used by thousands of learners worldwide to drive medical knowledge and improve diagnostic decision making skills. Capsule houses 700+ realistic scenarios and 3,700 questions all written and edited by leading UK medical educators and doctors.
Students can use Capsule to:
• Learn on the go, you can access Capsule on any mobile, tablet or desktop device.
• Browse all 700+ cases in medicine, specialities, surgery or therapeutics.
• Create random or filter quizzes to test your medical knowledge.
• View your strongest and weakest areas of knowledge.
• Monitor how you are performing across all categories with real-time progress tracking.
• Gain a deeper understanding of clinical cases by reading the in-depth feedback provided by clinicians and medical educators.
• Learn all MLA content.
• Share your quizzes with friends.
Teachers can use Capsule to:
• Embed in their medical curriculum.
• Use the presenter mode to take students through medical scenarios in their classroom.
• View student progress and activity.
• See those who are struggling and succeeding so they can provide the necessary support.
• Teach MLA content.
• Create and recommend quizzes to their students.
• Create ePortfolios for their students.
• Improve exam results.
• Improve student engagement and performance.”
3. Short Cases in Medicine – OSCE for Medical Doctors
“A Medicine OSCE app containing 65+ medical cases to guide you through clinical examination in medical college. This is designed for professional healthcare workers like medical students, MBBS doctors and physicians.
This application provides a to the point, yet complete educational material to study medicine cases efficiently. It covers typical clinical cases encountered at the final MBBS, ERPM, PLAB, USMLE examinations.
An auscultation library is added which comprises of a wide range of high-quality heart & lung sounds along with animated phonocardiograms to enhance your learning.
✔ Cardiovascular System (CVS)
✔ Respiratory System (RS)
✔ Abdominal Examination
✔ Cranial Nerves
✔ Lower Limb
✔ Upper Limb
✔ Ophthalmoscopy (Fundoscopy)
» A Methodical Approach to Examination
» Sample Case Presentations
» Common OSCE FAQs
» 900+ Pictures Related to Medicine
» Flashcards for Last-minute Revision
» Clinical Skill Training Mode
» Bookmark Favourite Medical Cases
The distinctive feature is that it offers a step-wise sequence of OSCE examination which seems to be lacking in most textbooks in Medicine.
For doctors, the acquisition of accurate examination techniques and confidence takes time and exposure to real patients in hospitals. But this medical app will be of great help for you to improve your clinical skills, even on your way. Learn Medicine OSCE skills more effectively and be a competent doctor.”
4. MDCalc Medical Calculator
“Join the millions of medical professionals who use MDCalc daily to support clinical decision making at the bedside. Since 2005, MDCalc has been the leading medical reference for the most relevant, up-to-date and widely-used clinical calculators that support evidence-based patient care. Registration is free and takes less than 30 seconds for full, unlimited access.
MDCalc clinical decision support is created exclusively by board-certified physicians for use by physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and medical students. The simple yet sleek app provides access to 550+ easy-to-use clinical decision tools including risk scores, algorithms, equations, formulas, classifications, dosing calculators, and more.
With a new enhancement, clinicians can now earn AMA PRA Category 1TM CME credits by simply reading the clinical content for 150+ calculators. The app will keep track of the CME credits earned in a personal dashboard, where users can also redeem credits for certificates and access their receipts for easy documentation. In order to redeem CME credits, users will need to sign up for a paid CME plan.
Unique features, ideal for the busy practicing clinician:
• Works offline and in limited connection settings. (CME tracking requires a connection.)
• Fast and easy search and filter to discover new calculators.
• Customizable lists for quick access: favorites, recently used, your specialty.
• Auto-syncing between the website and app.
• Quick toggle between US and SI units.
• Error warnings and normal values to help avoid mistakes and improper inputs.
Our exclusive “MDCalc Method” for selecting tools – including in-depth appraisal and validation of evidence AND clinical relevance – results in only the highest-quality tools to help you make better decisions and be more efficient in your workflow. And our network of academic and practicing physician experts create easy-to-digest content to reinforce decision making and support training:
• Insights and advice from the EBM creators (e.g. Dr. Phil Wells’ on the Wells’ Criteria).
• Expert content by specialists on use cases, pearls & pitfalls, results interpretation and more.
• Synopses of the evidence from the original and validation research.
From iMedicalApps in 2016: “The evidence based medicine (EBM) components of the medical app are what really set MDCalc apart from its peers… The MDCalc app gives brief summaries of the critical studies concerning the medical calculator, links to the studies on PubMed as well as “pearls/pitfalls”, “next steps” and expert commentary from the authors of the calculators.” – iMedicalApps “MDCalc app, the best online medical calculator is now an app”
MDCalc clinical decision tools support 35+ specialties including cardiology, critical care/ICU, emergency medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology, hepatology, infectious disease, internal medicine, nephrology, neurology, obstetrics, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, primary care, psychiatry, pulmonology, surgery, urology, and more! Here are some examples of the tools:
* Calculators that include CME content
» Creatinine Clearance (Cockcroft-Gault Equation)
» CHA2DS2-VASc Score for Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Risk
» Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
» MELD Score (Model For End-Stage Liver Disease) (12 and older)
» HAS-BLED Score for Major Bleeding Risk
» CHADS2 Score for Atrial Fibrillation Stroke Risk
» HEART Score for Major Cardiac Events *
» SIRS, Sepsis, and Septic Shock Criteria *
» Fractional Excretion of Sodium (FENa)
» Mean Arterial Pressure (MAP) *
» Wells’ Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism *
» Wells’ Criteria for DVT”
5. Prognosis : Your Diagnosis
“With Prognosis, you can improve your ability to diagnose and immediately manage key clinical presentations associated with a disease, having access to relevant facts and succinct explanations behind the underlying diagnostic and management rationale.
Prognosis is designed for practicing physicians, medical students, nursing professionals and other healthcare practitioners who love medicine and want to thrive as world-class decision makers. After all, practice makes perfect; and practice can be fun!
Our catalog spans a wide range of medical specialties, all which can be played in minutes. Each case is also accompanied by a concise yet comprehensive discussion of the diagnostic reasoning, as well as and key learning points for you to take home.
Prognosis cases are based on the actual clinical experiences of more than 200 physicians across 33 specialties.
New cases are released regularly, often in keeping with global endemic and epidemic trends, to help you brush up on the clinical skills that are the need of the hour!
– Best App for Health & Well Being – World Summit Awards, 2012 (https://www.worldsummitawards.org/winner/prognosis-your-diagnosis/).
– ‘Dr House for Doctors’ – Discover Magazine (https://www.discovermagazine.com/technology/hot-science-18).
– ‘One of the five best apps for doctors’ – Bulletin of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, Volume: 94 Issue: 1 (https://publishing.rcseng.ac.uk/doi/abs/10.1308/147363512X13189526438558).”
6. AMBOSS Medical Knowledge Library & Clinic Resource
“The AMBOSS Medical Knowledge Library app is the ultimate resource for medical students and clinicians. This comprehensive library works on the go and offline so students and doctors can find the medical answers they need anytime, anywhere.
AMBOSS MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE IN THE CLINIC
– Find clinical answers in as little as 5 seconds with the high-powered search function.
– Boost efficiency with accessible medical insights and information.
– Improve patient outcomes with uptodate medical knowledge and guidelines.
– Make more informed decisions with diagnostic flowcharts, management checklists, drug dosing, clinical calculators, warning signs, and more.
– Always have access as the app works offline.
AMBOSS MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE FOR STUDENTS
– Dive into our comprehensive exam preparation resource and study for USMLE® Step 1, Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS, and NBME® Shelf exams.
– Find answers to your study questions and look up diagnostic and treatment information in seconds with our “Medical Wiki.”
– The AMBOSS Medical Knowledge Library app is crosslinked with the AMBOSS Qbank app so you can jump seamlessly between them, answer practice questions, and master high-yield topics for your USMLE Step and NBME Shelf exams.
– Be prepared for every clinical rotation with the AMBOSS Clerkship Survival Guides.
THE BEST FEATURES
– Find the most important information on any topic with the Highlighting tool and High-Yield mode.
– Bridge knowledge gaps by turning on the Learning Radar which will highlight weaknesses from your Qbank sessions.
– Enhance your learning with interactive tables and medical imaging with digital overlays that highlight key anatomical and pathological structures.
– Create your account at amboss.com/us.
– Download the AMBOSS Medical Knowledge Library app.
– Once that’s done, you’ll have 5 days to explore the platform for FREE.
– When your 5-day free trial is up, choose the membership that’s right for you and become part of the AMBOSS medical community.
IN CASE YOU NEED HELP
If you have any questions, check out our Help Center or get in touch and we’ll be happy to assist.
7. Explain Medicine
In Explain Medicine, facts and their explanations are directly backed by citations to papers in peer-reviewed journals or standard textbook chapters, making the reference tool a must-have for even the most time-pressed and demanding clinicians.
To date, Explain Medicine holds more than 700 articles, in 40 medical specialties, available to readers – all free of charge. It is an ongoing endeavor, with new content being added all the time, thanks to the contributions of a team of over 100 doctors.”