If you are looking for the Best Messaging App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Messaging App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Messaging App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Messaging App For iPhone
1. Confide – Private messenger
You’ll leave zero trace online with end-to-end encrypted messaging, vanishing messages, screenshot-proof technology, and Incognito Mode. You can even send retractable messages or use our line-by-line text reader.
Over 350 million encrypted messages have already been delivered safely and self-destructed with the help of Confide, while the patented ScreenshieldKit technology prevented more than 7.9K screenshot attempts.
Here’s what you get with Confide:
Send private texts and sensitive data with end-to-end encryption. (Your data is never saved on our servers.)
Turn on Confidential Mode, and your messages will disappear after they’re read. Want to keep them for the day? Turn off Confidential Mode. Regardless, all messages will disappear automatically 24 hours after being sent.
Confide’s highly-rated iMessage plugin does what no other technology can: erases your iMessages during any conversation. With Confide, you can compose and send self-destructive messages via iMessage.
Confide’s patented technology ensures messages cannot be screenshotted by their recipients. Passports, credit cards, personal docs, and sensitive messages stay protected.
PRIVATE AND GROUP MESSAGING
Enjoy all of the privacy perks of this secret text app, like anonymous text, safe chat, and private texting – whether you’re 1-to-1 messaging or using group chat.
Add a layer of security to group texts. Quickly start a thread within the chat experience to keep the momentum going – without disrupting an ongoing group chat conversation.
Stay anonymous. Unlike other encrypted messenger apps that announce when a new user has joined, Incognito Mode ensures you become undiscoverable to the people you don’t want to be seen by.
RETRACT UNREAD MESSAGES
Make private messaging even more private with the option to unsend unread messages. Change your mind? Retract!
* Create nicknames for your contacts
* Switch themes
AVAILABLE ON MOBILE AND DESKTOP
Use an anonymous chat, encrypted messaging, safe chat, private text, and Confide’s other features on the go or closer or on your computer.
Everyone deserves their privacy. Confide is perfect for professionals in the financial, political, journalism, and legal fields – because conversations are safe, and they don’t leave a paper trail.
The Confide app has been used by thousands of people around the globe and been featured by The New York Times, TechCrunch, and many more. Join the Confide community today!
Subscribe to Premium to access all the features of the secret text app.
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase.
* Subscriptions will automatically renew and payment will be charged to your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal depends on your Subscription Plan.
Our standard Subscription Plans are:
* 1-Year Subscription with a 7-day free trial
* 1-Month Subscription with a 7-day trial
* Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel or manage your free trial’s auto-renewal in your Account Settings after purchase. The cancellation will take effect 24-hours after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
Terms of Service: https://getconfide.com/terms
California Privacy Notice: https://getconfide.com/privacy”
2. Signal – Private Messenger
“Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.”
“WeChat is more than a messaging and social media app – it is a lifestyle for one billion users across the world. Chat and make calls with friends, read news and use local services in Official Accounts and Mini Programs, play games with friends, enjoy mobile payment features with WeChat Pay, and much more.
Why do one billion people use WeChat?
• MORE WAYS TO CHAT: Message friends using text, photo, voice, video, location sharing, and more. Create group chats with up to 500 members.
• VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality voice and video calls to anywhere in the world. Make group video calls with up to 9 people.
• REAL-TIME LOCATION: Not good at explaining directions? Share your real-time location with the tap of a button.
• MOMENTS: Never forget your favorite moments. Post photos, videos, and more to share with friends on your personal Moments stream.
• TIME CAPSULE (NEW!): Share glimpses of your day. Record short videos to post in your Time Capsule before they disappear in 24 hours.
• STICKER GALLERY: Browse thousands of fun, animated stickers to help express yourself in chats, including stickers with your favorite cartoon and movie characters.
• CUSTOM STICKERS (NEW!): Make chatting more unique with custom stickers and selfie stickers.
• OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS: Tons of accounts to follow with original content and news for your reading pleasure.
• MINI PROGRAMS: Countless third-party services all within the WeChat app that don’t require additional installation, saving you precious phone storage and time.
• TOP STORIES: See the latest articles your friends are reading and discover all kinds of interesting content.
• GAMES: Have fun and compete with friends in a huge selection of WeChat Mini Games and Tencent Games (available in select regions).
• WECHAT PAY: Enjoy the convenience of world-leading mobile payment features with WeChat Pay and Wallet (available in select regions).
• WECHAT OUT: Make calls to mobile phones and landlines around the globe at super low rates (only available in select regions).
• WERUN: Use Healthkit and Health app data to sync your step count on WeRun, where you can compete against friends with daily step rankings. Enable WeRun in “Settings” > “General” > “Plug-ins”.
• LANGUAGE SUPPORT: Localized in 20 different languages and can translate friends’ messages and Moments posts.
• BETTER PRIVACY: Giving you the highest level of control over your privacy, WeChat is the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
• EASY MODE: Clearer and larger text and buttons for better readability.”
4. WhatsApp Messenger
“WhatsApp from Facebook is a FREE messaging and video calling app. It’s used by over 2B people in more than 180 countries. It’s simple, reliable, and private, so you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family. WhatsApp works across mobile and desktop even on slow connections, with no subscription fees*.
Private messaging across the world
Your personal messages and calls to friends and family are end-to-end encrypted. No one outside of your chats, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them.
Simple and secure connections, right away
All you need is your phone number, no user names or logins. You can quickly view your contacts who are on WhatsApp and start messaging.
High quality voice and video calls
Make secure video and voice calls with up to 8 people for free*. Your calls work across mobile devices using your phone’s Internet service, even on slow connections.
Group chats to keep you in contact
Stay in touch with your friends and family. End-to-end encrypted group chats let you share messages, photos, videos and documents across mobile and desktop.
Stay connected in real time
Share your location with only those in your individual or group chat, and stop sharing at any time. Or record a voice message to connect quickly.
Share daily moments through Status
Status allows you to share text, photos, video and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours. You can choose to share status posts with all your contacts or just selected ones.
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
If you have any feedback or questions, please go to WhatsApp > Settings > Help > Contact Us”