If you are looking for the Best Midi Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Midi Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Midi Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Midi Android App
1. MIDI Keyboard
“• 88-key piano with high quality sound.
• Responsive multi-touch keyboard.
• Connects to external MIDI devices.
• Connect your Android device to a computer using a regular USB cable to allow communication between the app and your favorite Digital Audio Workstation!
• Use a USB OTG adapter to use your Android device as a host for a physical MIDI Keyboard. The app can then send and receive Note On/Note Off MIDI data. You can even use the app as a soundbank for your MIDI keyboard, complete with sustain pedal support!
NOTE: It may be necessary to change the USB configuration of your Android device to “MIDI” when connecting to a computer, as well as enabling the device in your DAW.
Check out this excellent video by one of our users for an example on how to set up the app: https://youtu.be/J_n6v7yCi_g”
2. Wireless Mixer – MIDI
“Wireless Mixer is a MIDI mixer controller for your favorite computer music application or DAW. It simulates a real mixer console with many functions like buttons and sliders sending data using MIDI over WiFi.
Even if you work without computer or a DAW you can visually save mixer setups and labels on the go and recall later for a specific performance or live setup.
NOTE: This app is NOT a standalone mixer, it is a controller which requires WiFi connection to a computer with installed music program (like for eg: Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Cakewalk, Logic, Live etc) or other DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). See usage instructions in the application on how to use.”
3. Perfect Piano
[ Intelligent Keyboard ]• 88-key piano keyboard
“Perfect Piano is an intelligent piano simulator designed for Android phones and tablets. With in-built genuine piano timbre, this app can teach you how to play the piano and amuse you at the same time!
• Single-row mode; Double-row mode; Dual players; Chords mode
• Multitouch screen support
• Force touch
• Keyboard width adjustment
• Multiple in-built sound effects: Grand piano, Bright Piano, Music Box, Pipe Organ, Rhodes, Synthesiser
• MIDI and ACC audio recording
• Direct sharing of recording file or set as ringtone
• OpenSL ES low latency audio support (beta) [ Learn to Play ]
• Learn thousands of popular music scores
• Three guidance patterns: falling note, waterfall, music sheet (stave)
• Three play modes: auto play, semi-auto play, note pause
• Left & right hand setup
• A->B loop
• Speed adjustment
• Difficulty adjustment [ Multiplayer Connection & Competition ]
• Play the piano with other players from all over the world
• Make friends
• Real-time online chat
• Weekly new song challenge ranking
• Create guilds [ Support USB MIDI Keyboard ]
• Supports standard General MIDI protocol and allows the connection of MIDI keyboard (such as YAMAHA P105, Roland F-120, Xkey, etc.) through USB interface
• Perfectly control the piano, play, record and compete via external MIDI keyboard
• Note: this function is only available for Android version 3.1 or higher and supports USB Host with the connection of USB OTG lines. [ Support Timbre Plug-ins ]
• Timbre plug-ins are free to download and install, such as bass, electric guitar, wooden guitar, flute, saxophone, electronic keyboard, violin, chord, xylophone and harp. [ Piano Widget ]
• A small piano widget for your home screen. You can play music any time without opening the App.
If you have any questions regarding the use of app, please contact us:
• Feedback: email@example.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectPiano
Let’s rock and roll!”
4. MIDI Controller
“Your phone turns into an USB Midi controller for controlling software (eg audio workstations / DAWs) and hardware (eg synthesizer, light show, …) via USB.
All common MIDI information can be sent,
including all music notes and all possible control change values.
Build your own workspace from scratch.
All controls are fully customizable.
– Simple, customizable keyboard with speed and channel controls
– Customizable buttons (one-shot and on / off) for sending control information
– Customizable sliders
– Multiple view options (therefore also optimal for tablets)
More than 500 buttons and sliders can be added
which work on 16 different midi channels. That way, you can create your own interface with any controls you need.
Control your DAW, your synthesizer, or whatever you want to work with.
Example DAW (Digital Audio Workstation):
Add a new midi control
Assign these to functionality in your audio program via midi mapping.
MIDI controller can now control the assigned functionality – eg volume slider, effect ON / OFF, recording start and much more.”
5. pocket MIDI Controller
“A pocket MIDI controller for DAWs.
Requires no extra software on your Computer. Pls note this does not produce any sound. It only sends MIDI message to DAWs. Now comes with MPE capability.
* Supports major DAWs – Bitwig Studio, Garage Band,Kontakt, ACID Pro, Apple Logic Pro, FL Studio, Reaper, Pro tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, PreSonus Studio One, Harrison Consoles Mixbus, Propellerhead Reason, MOTU Digital Performer 9 and others.
* 15 channels assignable controls
* Controls include assignable drum pad, chord arpeggiator, sliders, knobs, key board, program changer and XY touch pads
* A MPE surface for per note articulation and pitchbend”
6. Midi Commander
“Midi Commander lets you send MIDI message through a usb-connected MIDI interface.
Define the MIDI messages (control change, program change) associated with each button, and use them to change patches and control a midi keyboard or similar midi equipment.
After setting the EDIT switch to ON, use long click on a button to change its values and the transmitted values. Other functions can be accessed via menu’.
The latest version of Midi Commander (in .apk format) is also available here (in case you experience server problems in downloading it from the Play Store):
For further help, you can also access the app web page:
IMPORTANT NOTE: the Android device MUST BE CAPABLE of acting as USB-HOST. So, please, do not rate the app with a low score if the connected midi device is not recognized: it might be that your android device does not work in USB-HOST mode.
Also, the MIDI device must be class-compliant (that is, no driver must be required to use its USB-MIDI functionality).
Here is a list of compatible (and tested) devices:
Finally, contact us for problems and bugs!!
– If the connected MIDI device is correctly recognized (its name is correctly displayed on top of the window of Midi Commander), but the midi commands are not executed by the Midi device, try with a different ID cable number in the Global Settings (so far, we experienced this only with a Korg Microkorg XL keyboard). We plan to have the correct ID cable automatically set.
– We experienced issues with Clavia Nord Keyboards: sometimes the midi commands are not executed by the keyboard.”