If you are looking for the Best Multitrack iPhone App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Multitrack iPhone App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Multitrack iPhone App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Multitrack iPhone App
“GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions*
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.”
2. Multi Track Song Recorder
“Multi-Track Song Recorder is a premier 4 track recording app. MTSR allows you to record up to 4 tracks with a simple and easy to use interface. Designed with a simple tape recording style and with many features for creative and more advanced music recording.
Includes a Metronome with options for creating Perfect Loops and duplicating your recordings to loop as many times as you’d like.
Features options for merging all of your tracks in the same recording session to allow for unlimited recording possibilities. You can also export your songs via Dropbox, Email, SMS, and iTunes File Sharing.
Multi Track Song Recorder is the perfect iOS app for musicians looking to write and record simple songs at home or on the move!
Now includes Upgrade to Pro option. This In-App Purchase will remove all advertising and unlock the more advanced Metronome for only $0.99. For more information see Multi Track Song Recorder Pro on the iOS App Store.
– Pause, seek, and scrub through recorded audio easily
– Option of viewing your recordings as Waveforms or with Volume Meters
– Option of merging all recorded tracks
– Includes Metronome that allows you to tap your tempo for finding the perfect BPM to your song. Also includes the perfect looping feature which trims the audio of your recordings so that your track will loop to the beat!
– Independent volume control on each track for simple mixing
– Input gain control for each track
– Input monitoring while headphones are plugged in
– Simple saving and loading of your Songs
– Allows you to import music from your device’s music library as well as from other apps with the ‘Open in…’ feature
– Dropbox support, you can export your current song or all saved songs directly to your Dropbox account”
3. MultiTrack DAW
Release your creativity with up to 32 high quality audio tracks. Record multiple takes, harmonies, solos, and experiments. No more worrying about bouncing – each instrument can have its own track. More cowbell? No problem!
Build new songs like a recording studio, with the monitoring and overdubbing capabilities of MultiTrack DAW. Move and trim audio until it’s perfect, and mix the sound until it’s just right. Export your work with a multitude of sharing options.
MultiTrack has a wide range of input capabilities, including the built-in mic, headset mics, and USB interfaces and mics. AudioUnits (AUv3) and IAA (Inter-App Audio) are also supported as inputs and as effects.
File types for import include mp3, ogg, wav, aac, m4a, aif, and m4a. MultiTrack now offers 8 ways to get audio files in and out: iTunes/Finder File Sharing, Wi-Fi, Drag&Drop, Copy/Paste, ‘Open in…’, Airdrop, the Files app, and importing from the Music Library. Whole projects can be archived in-app and shared, and sent directly to other devices using AirDrop, Wi-Fi, or any other iOS sharing method.
2 stereo audio tracks, upgradable to 32, for simultaneous playback.
16 inputs simultaneously (USB interface required).
16, 24, or 32 bit floating point at 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96 kHz, professional quality lossless audio for each track.
Inter-App Audio / AudioUnits v3 – Generators, Instruments, and Effects supported.
Up to 4 AU/IAA plugins on each track, the 2 effects busses, and the master out.
Sidechain capable, use the ‘SC’ button to pick a source track pre/post FX.
Audiobus 3 – Can be used as a sender for any track or master out. Supports saving and restoring state.
Non-linear, non-destructive editing using Regions and Bins.
Built-in track Compressor and EQ (2 bands parametric, 2 bands shelving).
Built-in Sweet Reverb and Stereo Delay available as bus effects.
Grid View with Snap to easily align regions.
Freeze tracks for improved performance.
Metronome adjustable from 40 to 240 BPM.
Various musical Time Signatures.
Ruler showing bars/beats/divisions/ticks or timecode.
Volume faders have +12db of gain boost.
Per-Region volume and fade in and out, with realtime audio monitoring while editing.
Ability to monitor the input signal with effects, while recording the raw input.
Looping with the Loop Markers.
Hotbox popup control (Long-touch over track) with context sensitive buttons.
Audio Browser allows preview of audio files in the song.
Snap, Punch, Input Monitor, Auto Input, Undo and Redo, and many more features.
Smart Snap displays red vertical lines with exact snapping placement, snaps to any other region or ruler line.
Beautifully rendered waveforms at multiple zoom levels.
Low latency VU meters for each track.
64 bit audio processing.
Latency compensation with selectable buffer sizes.
Zip compression of song projects for backup/restore.
Wav, mp3, ogg, ALAC, FLAC, and m4a compression for mixdown with selectable bitrates.
Free ‘Sound Copy’ app extension allows copying audio to the General Pasteboard from outside MultiTrack.
Many, many more features.
For more information visit harmonicdog.com
* USB Audio requires Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.”
4. Spire: Music Recorder & Studio
Spire for iOS combines award-winning iZotope audio processing with multi-track recording to make importing a beat, layering vocals, collaborating with your producer, and sharing songs easier than ever. When your iPhone is your mobile vocal booth with automatic Soundcheck, recording high-quality vocals is possible anywhere.
• Import a beat and write lyrics
Get started by importing your beat. Easily write and develop your lyrics directly in the Spire app and have them front-and-center while you record.
• Automatically set your levels and tone
When you run Soundcheck in Spire before you record, it will identify voice or an instrument, set your levels, and sculpt your tone. Vocals stand out in the mix through automatically adding compression, saturation, and EQ—powered by tech from the Vocal Assistant in iZotope’s Nectar plug-in.
• Layer vocals and mix your tracks
Building a song with Spire is fast and intuitive. Easily capture lead vocals, overdubs, ad-libs, and more by just hitting record. You can edit out unwanted parts from any track with the trim tool. To mix, drag track icons up or down to adjust volume and left or right to pan.
• Collaborate with artists and producers
Text or email a Spire project to anyone from the Spire app and they can preview your song, export mixdowns, download individual tracks to edit in a DAW, or open in Spire to add tracks of their own.
• Share with your fans
If you’ve finished a song in Spire that you’re ready to show the world, you can publish your songs to SoundCloud, Instagram, and more directly from the app. Add artwork or a video to your project to make it your own before posting for your fans.
GET PRO VOCALS WITH SPIRE PRO
Enable Spire Pro and get full access to exclusive features and content that help you get pro-quality, release-ready vocals!
• Tune your vocals
Automatically tune your vocals from natural to robotic, and treat your tracks like the pros do with Tune, a new, exclusive mix effect for Spire Pro. Add this creative effect from the Mix view to shape your vocals, featuring tech from iZotope Nectar’s Pitch module.
• Pro Vocal Effects
Curated vocal effects powered by technology from iZotope Nectar. Includes the most popular effects in modern music, like vocal tuning, reverb, EQ, and more–all on your phone. Record with effects on or add them after, you can always change them.
• Inspire Me
Inspire your creativity with randomized vocal effects that combine static EQ, plate reverb, iZotope Trash distortion, echo, chorus, and more. You can even share your favorite effects with other artists to inspire more music.
• Personalized Soundcheck
When you upgrade to Spire Pro, Soundcheck evolves to become your personal vocal recording engineer. By listening to your voice and environment, it applies personalized processing to make sure your voice sounds clear and polished, no matter where you record. Whether it’s with the Spire app or Spire Studio paired with an iPhone, singers and rappers can now create pro-quality vocals over their beats in seconds.
Learn more about Spire Pro at izotope.com/spirepro
The Spire app for iOS is also the controller app for Spire Studio hardware:
Pair the app to Spire Studio hardware to create an integrated recording experience you can take on-the-go and unlock hardware exclusive effects for vocals and instruments as well as Enhance, a mastering tool powered by award-winning tech from iZotope Ozone.”
5. Splice – Music Made
Artists, composers, and bedroom beat-makers use Splice Sounds to create Grammy-winning songs, movie scores, club hits, and more.
Splice iOS App Features:
– Browse, audition, & search for sounds
– Filter sounds by instrument type & genres
– Try out sounds in Beatmaker
– Make your own beats in Sequencer
– Like sounds on the app and save them for later
– Sync sounds with the Splice desktop app
Inspiration can strike at any moment. Now, you can make progress on your music outside of the studio, no matter where you are.
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/splice
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spliceofficial/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/splice
Contact us: https://support.splice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new”