If you are looking for the Best Muni App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Muni App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Muni App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Muni App For Android
1. San Francisco Muni Bus Tracker
+ Get real-time bus arrival and departure predictions
+ Get bus route schedules
+ Get predictions of bus stops near you
+ Favorite your stops so that you have immediate access to their predictions.
+ Favorite your routes so that you can quickly lookup a list of stops and get their predictions.
+ Get predictions from other routes that share the same stop all in one screen.
+ Simple, straightforward, and easy to use.
+ Route Maps, Stop Locations, and Vehicle Locations
Please let us know of any feedback that you may have. We want to make this application as useful to you as possible. If you find any problems, don’t hesitate to contact us.
This application uses NextBus services.”
2. Metro San Francisco -Muni Bart
“Muni, BART and AC Transit together. Get realtime information on both the San Francisco transit systems you rely on in one app! Don’t miss the bus or train again. Muni, Bart and AC Transit at your fingertips, and now with trip planner.
Realtime data on all San Francisco Muni routes
Realtime data on San Francisco BART lines
Realtime Data on AC Transit routes
Trip Planner to find your route.
BART system map for on-the-go guide
Immediate access to your nearby Muni stops based on your location
Current weather conditions in San Francisco to help you plan your Muni and BART commute
Spoken predictions for Muni and AC Transit stops
From the maker of top Metro apps in other cities”
3. Quicky Transit
“Quicky Transit: Bus and train real-time arrivals, maps, and more — quickly! Now works in San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, and Pittsburgh. SF Muni, AC Transit, LA Metro Bus and Rail, King County Metro, and the PAT Bus Pittsburgh Port Authority are all fully supported.
Find all the closest stops near you, and all the routes that serve them. Tap on a route to get a map with stops and GPS vehicle locations, or set an alarm to let you know when your ride is five minutes away. And, keep your favorite stops at your fingertips!
I created Quicky (formerly QuickMuni) as a little hobby project, just for Android. I hope you like it!
– See the next buses and trains arriving at nearby stops, based on live GPS data
– Tap on any route icon to see a live map with route, vehicle locations, and all stops
– Alarms! Tap on predictions to set up an alarm.
– Search! Enter a Stop ID # or intersection to get arrivals at just one platform.
– Amazingly simple user interface — Android only, and better than any Muni app your iFriends have
– No ads, no user tracking, and completely free. This app is my “gift” because transit users have a rought enough time already!
– Quicky sorts everything nearby and always shows the closest street corners and stations first. So, all at once you can see every route that serves a stop. You click less and get what you need faster.
Designed just for Android! You’ll feel right at home using Quicky. SFMTA Muni, AC Transit, and LA Metro data feeds come from the NextMuni web service. King County Metro uses OneBusAway.
See the Quicky webpage at http://billyc.github.io/quicky for more information. Cheers!
Search terms: Quickie Transit Quicky SF Muni San Francisco QuickMuni SFMTA King County Metro Seattle LA Metro Pittsburgh Port Authority”
“The official mobile ticketing app from San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency! The MuniMobile app lets you purchase and use fares and passes instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. Just download the free app, create an account and you’re ready to go.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS APP:
• No paper fares to keep track of.
• No need to carry cash, count exact change or find a ticket machine.
• Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card, PayPal or Google Pay.
• Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
• Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders.
• Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. CHOOSE RIDER TYPE: Adult, Youth, or Senior/Disabled/Medicare
2. CHOOSE FARE: Single Trip Fare for Muni Bus & Rail, Single Ride Fare for Cable Car, or Passport
3. CHOOSE QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use later
4. CHECK OUT: Pay with debit/credit card, PayPal or Google Pay
Q: Do I need to be connected to the Internet?
An Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
Q: What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you’re responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
• Don’t uninstall the Muni Mobile app or erase your phone without transferring your unused tickets first. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without an Internet connection).
• Activate your ticket before boarding. If you’re at a Train station where fares are required, make sure you activate your ticket (by tapping the “Use” button) before entering the station area. Otherwise, activate your ticket when you see your bus or train approaching. Your ticket must be activated before boarding a vehicle.
• Watch your battery level! Just like with paper tickets, you’re responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
• Create an account before purchasing tickets, as this is the only way you can transfer your unused tickets if you get a new phone. (Note: Only unused tickets can be transferred. Use up any activated tickets before switching phones.)”
5. SF Muni Live
Get real time transit arrival times for San Francisco Muni.
♥ Features ♥
♥ Use search to find any stop or route instantly.
♥ Find when the bus is coming at particular stop for particular route.
♥ Find all the buses coming at a particular stop.
♥ Find bus information by selecting a stop on the map.
♥ Alarm when you reach destination.
♥ Save favorite stops or routes.
♥ Live location of bus on map.
♥ Home screen widget.
♥ Uses arrival predictions as provided by Nextbus.
6. Moovit: All Local Transit & Mobility Options
🏆 “If you need to get anywhere by mass transit, you need Moovit…it will open up a new world for you, even if you just travel domestically” – USA Today 🏆
Transportation is an integral part of urban living. Whether you ride the train🚆, subway🚇, bus🚍, light rail🚈, ferry⛴️ or metro, use dockless scooters🛴, bikes🚴♀️, ride-sharing like Uber🚘 or Lyft, getting the best urban mobility information is critical. Moovit provides riders with a one-stop-shop journey experience to help them get from point A to B in the easiest and most efficient way. Get train and bus times, maps, live navigation, and real-time arrival information with ease so you can plan your trip with confidence. Pay for your ride. Find critical alerts and service disruptions for your favorite lines. Get step-by-step directions of optimal route bus, train, metro, bike, scooter, or a combination of them.
Moovit guides more than 930 million users in over 3400 cities throughout the world. Commuters will find updated bus times and train times, transit maps, and, where available, real-time line arrivals. Locate nearby bus stops and train stations, travel with on-the-go live navigation guidance, receive get-off alerts at your destination to ensure a smooth ride.. This is why Moovit has been named one of the best apps of the year in 2016 and 2017 by the Google Play and App Stores, respectively.
🚍 Real time arrivals. View real-time arrival updates, which are taken directly from GPS devices positioned on buses and trains. Avoid wasting time guessing train or bus times
💳 Digital payment. Purchase bus & train tickets and validate your digital pass with a tap using your mobility wallet (in supported metros)
⌚ Real time alerts. Know about issues ahead of time by receiving service alerts such as emergency or unexpected disruptions, delays, traffic jams, new construction, and more so that you can plan ahead if your bus time or train time changed
🔔 Live Navigation. Get step-by-step bus live directions and other transit directions with live guidance from A-to-B: Know how long you need to walk to your station, view the arrival time of your line, receive get-off alerts at your destination & more
🚏 Stops’ visualization. Use augmented reality to locate your bus or train stop with “Way Finder”
📱User reports. Moovit’s users report issues found with stations, line service, and schedules so that we can inform all nearby riders about what’s going on in their area
🚩Favorite lines, stations, and places. Get easy access to lines, stations, and places you ride and visit all the time. Plus, get real-time updates if/when there are changes to your Favorite lines in case your bus time or train time is impacted!
🚴 Bike routes. Get bike routes in addition to the bus, subway, train, or metro trip plans. If you ride bikes (yours or shared) we can plan a route that includes the train or bus. Moovit will help you plan a trip that meets your transit-needs. Bike docking stations are updated in real-time. Bike trip plans are only available in supported metro areas
🗺️ Maps view. View all stations, routes, and lines on the subway or bus map. Additionally, maps are available in PDF for when you’re offline, or underground on the subway
Moovit is the #1 urban mobility app in the world. We’re proud to collaborate with public transit agencies across the US, including:
* NJ Transit
* LA Metro
* SFMTA Muni
* MTA Maryland
* Sound Transit
You only need one app on your phone to navigate nearby buses and transit in the U.S. and across 112 other countries and in 45 languages!