If you are looking for the Best My Tracks App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best My Tracks App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best My Tracks App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best My Tracks App For Android
1. Geo Tracker – GPS tracker
Record gps tracks of your trips, analyze statistics and share them with your friends!
Geo Tracker can help:
• Making the way back in an unfamiliar area without getting lost;
• Sharing your route with friends;
• Using someone else’s route from GPX, KML or KMZ file;
• Marking important or interesting points on your way;
• Locating a point on the map, if you know its coordinates;
• Showing off colorful screenshots of your accomplishments in social networks.
You can view the tracks and the surrounding area in the application using scheme from OSM, Google or Yandex, as well as satellite images from Google or Mapbox – this way you will always have the most detailed map of the area anywhere worldwide. The map areas you view are saved to your phone and remain available offline for a while (this works best for OSM maps and Mapbox’s satellite images). To record and calculate track’s statistics only a gps signal is needed – Internet is only required to download map images.
While driving, you can turn on the navigation mode, in which the map automatically rotates in the direction of travel, which greatly simplifies navigation.
The application can record tracks while being in background (on many devices, this requires additional configuration in the system – be careful! The instructions for these settings are available in the application). Power consumption in background mode is greatly optimized – on average, the phone’s charge is enough for a whole day of recording. There’s also an economy mode – you can turn it on in the app settings.
Geo Tracker calculates the following statistics:
• Distance traveled and recording time;
• Max and average speed on the track;
• Time and average speed in motion;
• Min and max altitude on the track, altitude difference;
• Vertical distance, ascent and speed;
• Min, max and average slope.
Also there are detailed charts of speed and elevation data available.
Recorded tracks can be stored as GPX, KML and KMZ files, so they can be used in other well-known applications like Google Earth or Ozi Explorer. Tracks are stored locally on your device and are not transferred to any servers.
The app does not make money from ads or your personal data. To support the development of the project, a voluntary donation can be made in the application.
Useful tips & tricks to solve common GPS issues with your smartphone:
• If you start the tracking please wait with recording your activity until the GPS signal is found.
• Restart your smartphone and make sure that you have “clear view” of the sky before you start (no disturbing objects like high buildings, forest, etc.).
• The reception conditions are permanently changing because they got influenced by the following factors: weather, season, positioning of satellites, areas with bad GPS coverage, high buildings, forest, etc.).
• Go to phone settings, choose “Location” and activate it.
• Go to phone settings, choose “Date & time” and activate the following options: “Automatic date & time” and “Automatic time zone”. It may occur that it takes longer until the GPS signal is found if your smartphone is set to the wrong time zone.
• Deactivate the airplane mode in your phone settings.
If none of these tips & tricks helped to solve your issues, deinstall the app and reinstall it again.
Be aware that Google uses in their Google Maps app not only the GPS data but also additional data of the current location from surrounding WLAN networks and/or mobile networks.
More answers to frequent questions and solutions for popular issues can be found on the website: https://geo-tracker.org/faq/?lang=en”
2. My Tracks
My Tracks can be very useful for all of your outdoor activities like hiking, bicycle and motorcycle touring, boating, skiing, climbing or sheer driving fun, it can also be used for business.
Have a look at all of these fancy features:
1. Record a route
1.1 show current location on Google Map, along with time, duration and distance. even with latitude and longitude.
1.2 dynamic chart about speed and altitude.
1.3 route recording, pausing, resuming, saving and listing.
1.4 photos joining with a route automatically, whatever app you use to take photos.
1.5 voice report at predefined frequency of time or distance when recording
1.6 export routes to GPX/KML/KMZ files, or import from your phone or Google Drive.
1.7 sync and restore from Google Drive.
1.8 do stats.
1.9 show multi routes on the map.
1.10 print a route with the map.
2. Share a route
2.1 create a group and invite friends to join this group, you and your friends can share routes in this group.
2.2 share a route globally in this app.
2.3 share a route via web url to social medias, like WhatsApp, FaceBook, Gmail, etc.
2.4 select photos to share with a route.
3. Follow a route
3.1 follow your own route.
3.2 follow others’ shared route.
3.3 follow planned route.
3.4 fly your imagination: share a route in a group, friends in this group can follow this route.
4. Plan a route
4.1 plan a route(driving, bicycling and walking) among multi markers, the planed route can be followed on the map.
5.1 tap on the map to insert a marker, move the map to put the marker on proper position.
5.2 select markers to show on the map.
5.3 markers can be remembered to show next time when you open the app.
5.4 markers can be shared or exported within a route.
5.5 export markers to a KML file.
6.1 Live broadcast your locations to friends.
6.2 download offline map.
6.3 add map layer, and auto load this layer when the app starts.
The app needs such permissions:
1. Storage permission for route saving.
2. Photo permission for joining photos with a route.
3. Location permission for route recording.
4. Internet permission for route sharing.
1. Google Play and Google Maps should be installed first.
2. All basic features are free forever.
3. After 15 days you may see ads, you can pay to remove ads forever.
4. After 60 days you may subscribe to advanced features, or watch a video to get feature permission.”
3. Map My Tracks – cycling run walk
“Track all your sports pursuits with Map My Tracks. Cycling, running, walking or just when out on the move… you can track it all, and stream it live. Join millions of other people who use Map My Tracks to track their workouts and outdoor pursuits.
Map My Tracks turns your phone into a high performance all-sport performance GPS computer that’s amazingly easy, fun and motivating to use on bike rides, runs or walks as well as other outdoor pursuits like sailing, skiing, orienteering or horse riding.
For over ten years Map My Tracks has been helping millions of people around the world record and track their workouts, enjoy staying fit and getting outdoors.
TRACK YOUR FITNESS AND RECORD ALL YOUR OUTDOOR WORKOUTS
✔ Record every bike ride, run or just about every other outdoor sport with Map My Tracks.
✔ Measure your performance and track your speed, pace, heart rate, calories burned, duration, elevation gain/loss and much more for each activity you do.
✔ Follow the progress of friends and family during their training or in event they attend.
✔ Create beautifully crafted videos of your activity Moments to share or keep for yourself..
✔ Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter including auto tweets when starting and stopping activities.
✔ Connect to a Pebble Watch to monitor speed, pace, distance direct on the watch face.
✔ Follow friends, comment on their performance and help keep them motivated.
✔ Easily sync activities to MapMyTracks.com where your online Training Room keeps a log of your activities and lets you better understand your training, keep motivated and improve your performance.
✔ Customise and organise your activities with notes, comments, tags and titles.
✔ Discover new nearby routes from the Map My Tracks world-wide community.
MAP MY TRACKS OUTFRONT PRO
Get even more from Map My Tracks OutFront and go Pro.
• Track live so friends and family can follow your progress online.
• Set goals to help keep you motivated.
• Review your all-time heat map to see where you’ve been.
• Get detailed charts to fully understand your performance.
• Don’t get distracted, go ad free.
• Activate sensors (compatible with the Zephyr HxM Bluetooth sensors).
Pro features are available through in-app purchases.
If you’re enjoying Map My Tracks please leave us a good review on Google Play.
If not, please send your feedback to email@example.com and lets us fix it before you write a review.”
4. Dirt Tracks
“Dirt Tracks is a small and powerful application to keep track of your route while you make dirt biking and others. The quite complex functionality hides behind a very clear user interface which is easy to understand.
Dirt Tracks can be very useful for all of your off-road activities like dirt biking, hiking, motorcycle touring and driving fun.
Have a look at all of these fancy features:
– Show current location of the phone on Google Map, if desired along with time, speed, altitude, duration and distance. even with latitude and longitude.
– Route recording, pausing, resuming, saving and listing.
– You can use whatever app you like to shoot the photos.
– Photos taken during a route are linked with this route and are shown together.
– Easy sharing of your routes together with photos using Facebook, VK, Line, Kakao, Wechat, etc.
– Markers can be inserted wherever you like. They can be shared together with a route.
– ‘Route Navigate’ can calculate a route for your navigation to a marker or a given destination using these preconditions: car, bicycle or walking
– Voice announcement at predefined frequency of time or distance.
– A visual overview about speeds and altitudes of a route using fancy speed chart which can zoom.
– Stats can be done easily.
– Routes can be exported as GPX/KMZ files, also can be imported from your phone or Google Drive.
– Users can create a group or join a group to share routes with friends.
Important: Google Maps should be installed.”