If you are looking for the Best News App Android Reddit to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best News App Android Reddit that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best News App Android Reddit, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best News App Android Reddit
1. “Plenary – RSS feeds, Podcasts”
1. Subscribe to RSS feed of your choice & get updates from those feeds automatically.
2. Download the article to your local storage & read it later anywhere offline.
You can follow your favorite blogs, magazines, news publications that you trust, YouTube channels of your choice, podcasts you like & more. You can use it as your favorite RSS feeds and article downloader app with great UX.
Why should you use Plenary as your RSS feed reader & offline reader?
• 🔓 No login required
• 🔇 No Ads/Trackers
Plenary is ad free & doesn’t track anything you do on the app. Everything the app does, from fetching feeds to aggregating them and saving them is done on your device. All the data of feeds & downloaded articles is stored on your local storage.
• 📶 Full offline support
Feeds will be synced at your preferred interval if you are connected to the internet & you can access them anywhere offline. You can save the entire content of an article by tapping the save button to use the app as an offline news reader.
Core features of the app:
• 🎙️ Podcast support
Stream and download your favorite podcasts!
• 📖 Offline reader
Download articles or news items by adding URL in Saved section of the app or sharing URL from other app using Save to Plenary. Read it later anytime!
• 🎨 Multiple themes
• 🔄 Auto sync feeds
Option to auto sync feeds at regular intervals with multiple choices available ranging from 15 minutes to 1 day
• 🔃 Backup & Restore
• 🔔 Notifications
Get notified if new entries are added to your subscribed feeds. You can toggle notification for individual feeds
• 💬 TTS(Text To Speech)
Other features include full OPML support, Search feeds online through feedly API, categories of feed & fully customizable reader experience (font, textsize, themes etc).
How to add feeds?
• 📰 Local News
Subscribe to news feeds of most popular news sources from 15+ countries including Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Spain, UK & USA. Top sources include :
New York Times, The Guardian, The independent, FOCUS Online, Daily Telegraph, Herald Sun, Independent Australia, Washington Post, BBC News, Daily mail, The Atlantic, Lifehacker, Business Insider, The Verge, Buzzfeed, Vox, engadget, Newsweek, Times of India, Economic times, NDTV news , India news.
• 💁 RSS Assistant
Create your own RSS feeds from popular sites – Google News, Reddit, YouTube, Medium, WordPress, Wikipedia, Tumblr & Pinterest
• 👍 Recommended Feeds
Choose from more than 400 top feeds curated by us in 30+ popular categories i.e. Business, Finance, Gaming, History, Movies, News, Sports & Technology.
• ⚫ Pure black theme optimized for AMOLED displays
• ☁ Automatic Backup of data on Google Drive, Dropbox
• 📲 Open links directly in external apps
Other premium features include unlimited (more than 100) feed subscriptions, customizable widgets, more accent colors, fonts for reeder screens, more options in assistant (YouTube, Medium, Reddit & WordPress), quick actions in notifications & inline YouTube player.”
2. Microsoft Start: News & more
“Personalize your news feed and stay connected with the latest entertainment, sports, tech and science, lifestyles—even health and fitness trends.
Find shopping rebates and discover nearby food and drinks with Microsoft Start. Use it as a translator and unit converter as well.
Use Start as a search engine and earn Microsoft Rewards, connect to OneDrive—did we mention wallpapers?
Want to discover more with Microsoft Start? Install it now!
*Functions mentioned above not available in all markets, actual features and display contents may vary.
📰Connect with breaking world, national, and local news
Get custom daily updates on topics you follow.
Discover popular stories from hundreds of trusted sources.
Get local weather reports and instant forecast updates.
📚Premium and reliable publishers
Get easy access to more than 1,000 premium publishers.
Get local, national, and global news from over 4,500 media outlets.
Explore more and find your favorites.
🎮Games and entertainment
Play thousands of mini-games with only one tap.
Get the latest celebrity, fashion, and music news.
😊Lifestyle, health and fitness
Explore health and fitness trends.
Stay up-to-date with fashion, decor, and lifestyle trends.
🛒Shopping deals, coupons, and cash back
Find great deals and get product insights.
Shop curated lists, compare prices, and much more.
🎁Get on board with Microsoft Rewards
Earning rewards by just searching, shopping, or playing with Microsoft Start.
Redeem your points for free gift cards and more.”
3. BBC News
The app also offers the BBC World Service Radio streamed live, social features and personalisation so you can re-order the news categories to suit your interests.
Top Stories brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
My News is a feature allowing you to personalise your news offering.
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on your location, stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find content and topics that interest you using the Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Politics, Business, Entertainment and Health or search for your own subjects of interest whether they’re people, places, things or themes
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
– Popular. Keep on top of popular stories and videos from across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
– Live BBC World Service Radio, available in the Live tab, Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
– Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
– Access to our full range of video and audio
– Photo galleries and full-screen images
– Push notifications for the latest important news stories
– My News Follow topics you are interested in and find them in the My News tab
– Video over 3G and wifi
– Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
– Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
– Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
– Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
– Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service. You can choose to unsubscribe from BBC News push notifications in ‘Settings’.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.”
4. gReader | Feedly | News | RSS
gReader is a simple, fast and intuitive feed/rss reader for Feedly and The Old Reader, featuring beautiful themes, podcast support and full offline support. Read all your rss/feed news in one place, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email. More on http://noinnion.com/greader.
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://noinnion.com/greader/support
* Beta: http://noinnion.com/greader/updates
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.reader
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* Inoreader: Inoreader is a web-based content and RSS feed reader, a cloud-based service for web browsers and mobile devices.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Feedly/The Old Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization: Always have the latest news on your device
* Offline Reading: Reading full article content without internet connection
* Podcast support: Download or stream your favorite podcast with gReader.
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet-Optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Green, Sepia, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Mark read on scroll: Mark articles as read while scrolling
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech): Listen to your news
* Search Filters: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Folders / Tags support: Organize your feeds into folders/tags
* Notification: Keep informed of the latest news
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, …
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* List view: List, Grid or Card
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.”
5. Bundle Breaking News
• All the news across the globe – Discover the best stories from the top national news providers, to local niche websites and blogs. A selection of over 10.000 (and growing) news outlets, online publishers, magazines, newspapers, columns and blogs from 18 countries, available for adding to your personal collection. You’ll get informed and inspired by the world’s top publications, including The Guardian, TIME, The New York Times, Business Insider, Bloomberg, Mashable and many more!
• Breaking news alerts – Get notified of major developing stories and latest headlines. So you’ll never be out of the loop!
• Unique search feature – Our vastly improved search function delivers best results for both Articles and Sources; bringing you whatever you are looking for just in moments; scanning all the news, blogs, magazines, articles, titles, columnists and more. The best part? It’s free!
• Reader mode – Not happy with the way a web page displays content? Remove the clutter and focus on the ‘actual’ content instead.
• Offline mode – Taking the subway? We got you covered! Once an article appears in your newsfeed, it will be accessible even if you go offline.
• Browse content from various topics – Delve into 20+ categories, trending topics and discover the most popular stories: Be it whether business, technology, sports, science, entertainment, opinion, fashion… and more!
• The world at your fingertips – Switch between global news from 18 countries including the UK, France, Germany, and local news and stories.
• Personalized and unbiased – Create and access the collection of your favorite and most trusted sources via ‘My Bundle’. Sort ‘My Bundle’ by categories for your convenience.
• Daily editorial picks – End your day with ‘Daily Bundle’ compiled by our editors who spotlight well-sourced, fact-based stories to provide you relevant and reliable news from a wide range of publishers.
• A fine selection of stories – Check out ‘Hot Bundle’ for the most inspiring, enlightening and empowering content curated daily by our editors.
• Save for later – Interested in reading an article but short on time? Bookmark and read when it is convenient!
• Easy to use, hard to give up – Bundle offers a top-notch user experience with its award-winning design and intuitive interface. Pick among 2 viewing modes: Grid view or Card view. Disable article thumbnails when you’re running low on your data plan. Give your eyes a break and enable Dark Mode to read the news at night, and preserve your battery. Login with your social media accounts, sync your saved articles and followed publishers on all your devices. Share the news articles with your friends on social media.
We’d love to hear what you think! Reach out to us under Settings > Leave Feedback or at email@example.com
For more information please visit our website: www.bundle.app/en
Follow us on facebook.com/bundlenews, @bundleapp on Twitter and @bundlehaber on Instagram to be always in the know and get updates regarding Bundle.”
6. Feedly – Smarter News Reader
Every day, millions of professionals and passionate learners use Feedly on their phones and tablets to follow the blogs, magazines, and other sources that matter to them.
With Feedly, you can easily organize all your publications, blogs, YouTube channels, and more in one place and consume and share more efficiently. No more zig zagging. All the content comes to you in one place, in a clean and easy-to-read format.
People use Feedly to read blogs, learn new topics, and track keywords, brands and companies.
Faster access to lots of different sources of news and information means that you can more easily keep up with important trends in your industry and build up expertise on the topics you really care about.
Because Feedly is connect to more than 40 million feeds, you can really go deep and find the niche content that is specific to your work or passion – this is a big difference from alternatives that feel very shallow and random in the content that is available.
From tech to business, design to marketing, media and beyond, Feedly helps you discover great feeds that you can organize in your feedly and read in one place.
Because it is powered by RSS, Feedly is an open system: you can add any RSS feed and read it wherever you go. Just enter the URL of that feed in the search bar or search for it by name.
Feedly offers useful integrations with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest, LinkedIn, IFTTT, and Zapier so that you can easily share stories with your networks and teammates.
We believe in speed and simplicity. We spent a lot of time making sure Feedly is the best free reader available on the Android phones and tablets. The app loads fast and offers a simple and clean reading experience.
The best way to start is to search for a blog, magazine or newspaper you like to read and add it to your Feedly.
If you are looking for inspiration, you can open the search panel and browse some of our popular topics. We help you discover the best blogs for tech, business, food, marketing, entrepreneurship, design, baking, photography and more.
Our mission is to deliver in one place all the knowledge and inspiration you need to keep ahead.
Happy reading![We are firstname.lastname@example.org and @feedly if you need support or want to report a bug]”