If you are looking for the Best Nyc Bus App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Nyc Bus App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Nyc Bus App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Nyc Bus App iPhone
1. Bus New York City
BUS NYC IS THE MOST FEATURE RICH NEW YORK CITY BUS APP AVAILABLE, ENHANCED WITH MTA BUS TIME.
*** Winner at the MTA AT&T App Quest Awards! ***
* Find out when the next buses are scheduled to arrive.
* With MTA Bus Time®, we can give you live departure info and bus positions for all MTA buses in New York.
* **NEW** Realtime Subway departures for the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, L and S (42 St Shuttle), all for just $0.99! More realtime routes will be added as they become available.
* View full bus timetables for a selected service even when you don’t have an internet connection e.g. find out when the last bus is scheduled to leave.
* View official MTA route maps for the Subway and the bus networks in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx & Staten Island.
* Find out latest news that might affect your daily commute, as well as status updates for bus, subway, rail, bridges & tunnels.
* Add stops to your favorites so you can quickly find out when your next buses are due to arrive.
* View bus routes on the map and find out where they go.
* Search for a location or pin point your current position on the map so you can find nearby bus stops.
* Use the official MTA Journey planner to find out how to get from A to B.
* Lots of information about the MTA, including fares and MetroCards, FAQs, accessibility, contact details, how to get to and from the airports and lots more.
* Find out the latest news about your transport network, including improvements and innovations.
* Plus: many of the features work offline! Use it whilst on the Subway, or when you have no signal.
Be green! Let’s try and get more people using public transport in New York City!
We love to receive feedback 🙂 Email us at busNYC@electriclabs.com for comments or suggestions you have about the app.
This app was produced by Electric Labs Ltd under licence from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
For a full list of supported bus routes, please visit:
2. Citymapper: All Your Transport
Easily navigate your city with turn-by-turn directions for all your public transport, walking, cycling and scooter trips.
THOUSANDS OF 5 STAR REVIEWS
* “Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel.”
* “The only true five star app.”
* “BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER.”
* “It’s become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer.”
* “Get these guys on the Queen’s birthday honours list.”
FIND THE BEST ROUTE ► Simple trip planning combining all transport modes: bus, subway, train, ferry, cabs, ride share, car share, bike share, e-scooters and walking. Discover routes you never knew existed
HIT THE GO BUTTON FOR STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS ► Turn-by-turn navigation for all your transit, walking, personal cycling, bike shares and scooter trips. Choose between 3 different map views, see the charge levels of e-bikes around you, we even help you avoid no-parking zones. We take care of the logistical thinking so you are free to enjoy the ride
EXPERIENCE ONE-STOP-SHOP MOBILITY ► Compare cab fares, hail a ride, grab the closest carshare, hop on a shared bike all from within the app. Our partners include: Uber, Gett, Zipcar, Ola, Getaround, Virtuo, Turo, Santander Cycles, FREE NOW, Beryl
BEAT THE RUSH HOUR CROWD ► Live wait times and ETA so you’ll never miss a bus, train or tram again. Follow your bus / train as it’s approaching on a real-time map, see the best carriage to board, get alerted when it’s time to get off, and get in and out from the best exit at any underground / train station
PERSONALISE YOUR CITY ► Save Home, Work and your go-to stops or stations for lightning fast trip planning. Subscribe to your favourite tube, train, bus or tram line for automatic disruption, delay, and status alerts
GET SOCIAL ► Share your live trip: let friends follow your live trip to know when you’ll arrive. Share any location or address: one tap for others to get directions
TRAVEL OFFLINE ► Access offline the official TfL underground map and many other local network maps
CITY COVERAGE ► London | Birmingham | Manchester | Liverpool | Edinburgh | Dublin | Paris | New York | Hong Kong | Los Angeles | Barcelona | Berlin | Rome | Madrid | Hamburg | Milan | Stockholm | Chicago | Toronto | Sydney
+ Many more in the UK and worldwide! See the full list and vote for the next one in the app or at https://citymapper.com/cities
PUBLIC TRANSPORT AGENCIES ► We use open data from public transport agencies in the cities we cover:
LONDON | TfL (Transport for London), Underground, Overground, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink
MANCHESTER | TfGM (Transport for Greater Manchester), Manchester Metrolink
LIVERPOOL | Merseytravel, Merseyrail
YORKSHIRE | WYCA (West Yorkshire Combined Authority), SYPTE (South Yorkshire Public Transport Executive), Sheffield Supertram
BIRMINGHAM | TfWM (Transport for West Midlands), West Midlands Railway, Midland Metro, National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry
NOTTINGHAM | NCT, NET
EDINBURGH | TfE, Lothian Bus, Edinburgh Tram
GLASGOW | SPT
BRISTOL | Travelwest, MetroBus, Bristol Ferries
CARDIFF | Transport for Wales, Cardiff Bus
NEWCASTLE | NEXUS, Tyne and Wear Metro
BRIGHTON | Brighton & Hove Buses
UK WIDE | National Rail, Arriva bus, Stagecoach bus, First bus
DUBLIN | TFI, NTA, Bus Éireann, Dublin Bus, Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail)
HONG KONG | MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus.
SINGAPORE | LTA, SMRT, SBS.
KEEP IN TOUCH ► Questions, feedback or something we have missed in your city? Email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com”
3. Google Maps
“Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and find what you need by getting the latest information on businesses, including grocery stores, pharmacies and other important places.
Get where you need to go efficiently:
• Find the best route with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
Find important businesses:
• Know what’s open in your area and their latest business hours
• Find local restaurants offering delivery and takeout
• Create lists of your important places
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
• With Live View in Google Maps, see the way you need to go with arrows and directions placed right on top of your world. There’s no second guessing or missing another turn.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
Some features not available in all countries
Navigation isn’t intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles”
4. NYC Bus Checker
With official MTA-licensed support for bus and subway, NYC Bus Checker has you covered, no matter where you need to go in New York.
• Live times at all of New York’s 15,000+ bus stops
• Use your Apple Watch to view an Instant Departure Board or track your planned journeys.
• Plan a journey anywhere in NYC by bus, subway, rail and more
• Get live times in your Notification Center with the Bus Checker widget
• Explore 3D route maps for all NYC Bus Routes – see exactly where your bus goes.
• Download official MTA bus and subway maps – get around underground
• Never miss your stop again with Stop Alerts
• Get real-time CitiBike dock info
• Be one step ahead with updates on detours, closures and cancellations
• Save your favorite stops, routes and places for easy access
• Featured on BBC Click, Telegraph Online, The Independent, Cosmopolitan and Wired UK
• “If you regularly ride a bus, then you should not leave home without Bus Checker” – The Guardian
Problems with the app?
Please read through our FAQs at www.buschecker.com
For more help, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our helpful support team on twitter @nycbuschecker or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Bus Checker is a registered trademark of FatAttitude Limited
– Data provided by official MTA feeds
– MTA logo and maps are used with permission
– Bus Checker can send anonymous usage stats and crash reports to us so that we can improve the app; no personally identifiable information is collected or transmitted”
5. NYC Bus Time App (MTA)
“Travel around New York City can be so easy now with the Best NYC Bus Time App, a NYC transit app for to collect MTA bus time info on the go for your everyday trip in NYC. The best part for this NYC Bus Time tracker app is high speed and accuracy. You can use this app to track the real time MTA bus time conveniently and efficiently. This app is capturing the free data feed from MTA Bus Time which uses the Global Positioning System (GPS) hardware and wireless communications technology to track the real-time location of buses. Also, the bus time services include MTA Express, Local, Limited and SBS bus service.
NYC Bus Time app is the most trendy, convenient, handy and light-weight NYC transit app for tracking MTA bus in New York City no matter where you go! Also, with the app that loves by ALL New Yorkers!
MTA Bus operates 47 local routes in the Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens, and 35 express bus routes between Manhattan and the Bronx, Brooklyn, or Queens. It has a fleet of more than 1,200 buses, the 11th largest bus fleet in the United States and Canada.
MTA bus time for 5 boroughs in New York City:
– Manhattan bus time
– Brooklyn bus time
– Bronx bus time
– Staten Island bus time
– Queens bus time
Most Attractive Features:
Most simple, user-friendly & modern UI design
Most people enjoy clean and simple navigation user graphical interface and with that reason, we design it to be the most simple yet modern to suit today’s trend of app.
Easy to use (Extremely Handy)
With just simple click or search, you can access your designated bus route or stop info.
Smartest access to MTA Bus Time
Access your mta bus time with least click ever.
Fastest Navigation & Hassle free
Easy to use for especially people who chasing time for work. The navigation within the app is fast.
After you have searched a certain route or stop, the next time you open the app, it will just open where you were previously. With this function, it is extremely time saving and you never have to search the bus over and over again.
Real time Bus Arrival
Using the GPS System hardware to track the NYC MTA real-time location of buses. It integrates with the official support from MTA Bus Time. User can know when exactly the bus will arrive at the bus stop.
Bus Time app for all level of New Yorkers
No matter who you are in New York, you can use this app fully and easily. From youngster to senior citizen!
Access bus time data for free
There are no charges nor fees to access any bus time data. It’s completely FOC.
Auto Page Refresh
Auto refreshing function with (time interval, eg: 10 seconds, 60 seconds and etc…) for every bus time info page.
Alert Pop Up
Get updated pop up alert when you check your NYC MTA bus route.
MTA News Update
Up to date MTA bus time news.
Always inform you with the up to date MTA Bus Service Status and Alert!
This app is fully depending on MTA Bus Time API. Thanks to the MTA for providing us the real-time bus locations available! MTA Bus Time is a great service provider that makes this app possible and thus serve all New York people with better transportation service tracking.
Bus Times for All, All for New York!
Information Collection and Use:
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you and deliver you personalized ads – From Google Mobile Ads
6. NYC Transit: MTA Subway & Bus
► Live directions – plan your trip with up to five ways to your destination
► Share your journey details with friends and family – they don’t even need the app!
► Get Off Alerts – we’ll let you know when it’s time to transfer
► Live countdown boards for buses and trains
► See exactly where you bus or train is on the map right now
► Service Alerts – Find out about delays and diversions before you leave
► Save your favorite stops and stations
► Full seven-day schedules
► Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
► Quickly see the last train or bus arriving tonight
► Live and offline route maps
► One-tap ‘get me home’ journey planning
► Simple and clean – we only show you what you need to know
We love feedback! Get in touch with us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter at @TalkToWhiz.
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when you have a Get Off Alert turned on.
7. Transit • Subway & Bus Times
“”Gives you the best route to where you want to go” – New York Times
“You won’t realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” – LA Times
“Killer app” – WSJ
“MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it’s called Transit” – Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders… all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
“Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself.”
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com