If you are looking for the Best Nyc Subway App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Nyc Subway App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Nyc Subway App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Nyc Subway App For iPhone
1. Google Maps
“Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and find what you need by getting the latest information on businesses, including grocery stores, pharmacies and other important places.
Get where you need to go efficiently:
• Find the best route with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
Find important businesses:
• Know what’s open in your area and their latest business hours
• Find local restaurants offering delivery and takeout
• Create lists of your important places
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
• With Live View in Google Maps, see the way you need to go with arrows and directions placed right on top of your world. There’s no second guessing or missing another turn.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
Some features not available in all countries
Navigation isn’t intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles”
2. New York City Subway
– “New York City Subway application helps users navigate the complexities of the city’s subway network” – The Epoch Times.
– New York City Subway app is recommended by the Financial Times and the Los Angeles Times.
New York City Subway for iPhone is a comprehensive guide to traveling through New York City (NYC).
● Latest map of New York City Transit. Landscape and portrait modes are available. Detailed map of each line.
● Optimized for the latest iPhone screens. Works on all iPhone versions.
● Precise location of each station on the map (with a red circle). This application is fully compatible with Apple Maps, each station is represented by a red pin, a popup shows you the distance, and it’s updated live (thanks to GPS) as you walk down the streets of NYC.
● The journey planner tool allows you to find automatically the best route to get to your destination in NYC Subway. Interactive map to choose your stations for the route. The journey planner does not require a network connection to operate, it works perfectly while in the subway.
● A bookmark manager allows you to save your favorite stations and routes.
● The application locates the nearest subway stations from your position in NYC. You can also provide an address in NYC, the application indicates the stations closest to that address.
● This application is available in English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese.
Thank you for taking the time to report any bugs or to request an enhancement to New York City Subway Application. Feedback is very important to us. We will do our best to answer queries. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Map Copyright : Jake Berman (CountZ).”
3. New York City Subway Map
“The free New York Subway Map app has everything you need to get around NYC Subway including –
– Offline MTA New York City Subway Map
– LIVE MTA Subway Route Status
– NYC Trip Planner
– New Jersey Transit Schedules
– Late Night Subway
– NJ Transit Rail Map
– Newark Light Rail Map
– Hudson-Bergen Light Rail Map
– NJ Transit River Line Map
– Long Island Rail Road Map
– LIRR Train to Subway
And of course the MTA New York City Subway Map is still top billing.
Add the widget and you don’t even need to open the app to see how the subway is running.
If you’re travelling further afield, there’s also free maps for Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Montreal and many more.
New York City Subway Map is a pretty simple app on the outside. It’s an offline MTA map (so there’s no hang time waiting for a connection or using up your data allowance) and live line statuses let you know if your journey is likely to be disrupted or delayed.
The point to point journey planner that will tell you the best route and lowest cost of getting from A to B by subway, train, bus, car, taxi, bike, foot and even Uber. And it works for any route the World, including flights – not just for NYC!
Now you can Favorite the lines you use most and get notifications of service disruptions as they happen, without having to open the app.
If you’re living, working or just visiting New York, New York, then get this free app on your device now for that moment that when you wished you had it now!
**For those of you that travel a little further we’ve also added access to all our other market leading subway maps such as Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Montreal, Moscow, Amsterdam, Brussels, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Granada, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Tokyo.
Made by Bappz, creators of London Tube Map – the most downloaded London commuter app ever.”
4. New York Subway MTA Map
“New York Subway uses the official MTA subway map and includes a helpful transit route planner. With over 10 million downloads worldwide this NYC subway map is free to download and will help you navigate around New York using the subway system.
• Official MTA map of the New York Subway.
• Including all 5 NYC boroughs – Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.
• Easy-to-use transit route planner to get you from A to B on the subway.
• Works offline for help even without an internet connection.
• Service Status from MTA shows live information about delays with alerts sent straight to your phone.
• Countdown Clocks for each subway station to check when the next train is due.
• Search for any subway station on the map or find the nearest station to your location from anywhere in New York.
• Plan routes to Points of Interest including Empire State Building, New York Botanical Garden and Times Square.
• Favorite your routes for quick access when on the move.
• If you’re visiting New York City for the first time, there’s a handy guide in the app filled with helpful travel tips and information.
• E & E Alerts show any out of service elevators and escalators as well as an estimate for when they will return to service.
• Live Twitter updates from the official NYCT Subway account with helpful transit information.
Mapway make transit apps for cities all around the world with over 50 million downloads. If you’re visiting Washington DC, Boston or London make sure you check out our other apps available to download for free in the App Store.
Plan. Route. Relax.
*Whilst we endeavor that service status notifications are delivered in a timely manner we can’t guarantee this 100% of the time. There may be occasions when this isn’t available due to technical reasons outside of our control. Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Join Mapway Apps on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @MapwayApps. We would love to hear from you!
New York Subway VIP available as an in-app subscription: $3.99 monthly or $9.99 annually, or as a one-off purchase of $23.99.
Cancel at any time, for any reason. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of your chosen price tier. Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings in your iTunes Account.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased, where applicable. Read our terms in full at mapway.com/terms”
5. NYC Transit: MTA Subway & Bus
► Live directions – plan your trip with up to five ways to your destination
► Share your journey details with friends and family – they don’t even need the app!
► Get Off Alerts – we’ll let you know when it’s time to transfer
► Live countdown boards for buses and trains
► See exactly where you bus or train is on the map right now
► Service Alerts – Find out about delays and diversions before you leave
► Save your favorite stops and stations
► Full seven-day schedules
► Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
► Quickly see the last train or bus arriving tonight
► Live and offline route maps
► One-tap ‘get me home’ journey planning
► Simple and clean – we only show you what you need to know
We love feedback! Get in touch with us at email@example.com or follow us on Twitter at @TalkToWhiz.
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when you have a Get Off Alert turned on.
6. Transit • Subway & Bus Times
“”Gives you the best route to where you want to go” – New York Times
“You won’t realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” – LA Times
“Killer app” – WSJ
“MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it’s called Transit” – Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders… all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
“Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself.”
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com