If you are looking for the Best Odometer App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Odometer App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Odometer App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Odometer App For Android
“Sygic GPS Navigation is the world’s most downloaded GPS navigation app, trusted by more than 200 million drivers. Offline 3D maps are stored on your phone for GPS navigation without an internet connection. We update the maps multiple times per year for free, so that you can always rely on Sygic GPS Navigation.
NAVIGATE ANYWHERE, EVEN WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION
• Offline maps of all countries in the world, from TomTom and other providers
• Free map updates multiple times per year
• Voice-guided GPS navigation with precise directions and spoken street names
• Millions of interesting Places (POI)
• Pedestrian GPS navigation with walking directions and tourist attractions (POI)
ESCAPE THE TRAFFIC
• Avoid traffic jams with the most accurate real-time traffic information with data collected from more than 500 million users worldwide*
ANDROID AUTO CONNECTIVITY
• Just connect your phone to your car’s screen and stay focused on the road
• You can use your car’s touchscreen, knobs, or buttons to control the app
• Advanced safety features make driving in unfamiliar territories easier
• Speed limit warnings show you the current speed limit and the upcoming speed limit changes
• Dynamic Lane Assistant guides you into the correct lane
• Head-up Display (HUD) projects navigation onto the windshield of your car, making driving at night safer **
• Sign recognition detects speed limits from traffic signs as you drive
• Dashcam records the road ahead and automatically saves video in case of an accident**
• Real View Navigation is an augmented reality feature for even better and safer driving experience**
• Cockpit shows you the real-time performance of your car. **
• Real-time route sharing lets you share your estimated time of arrival & current position on a map*
SAVE MONEY ALONG YOUR ROUTE
• Park easily with parking place suggestions and live info about prices and availability*
• Set your fuel type and fill up for the best price with live information about fuel prices*
• Avoid speeding tickets with Speed camera warnings*
• Save money on roaming charges with offline maps
Do you want to find out how it feels to have Premium+? Try our 7-day trial for free and discover all Premium+ features. After that, you can decide if you want to prolong your subscription or use basic features only.
Should you have any questions, please visit sygic.com/support. We are here for you 7 days a week.
If you like our app, please leave a review or spread the word at sygic.com/love. Thank you for your support.
*Please note that this feature requires an internet connection.
Note: Sharing videos from Dashcam is forbidden by law in these countries: Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain.
By installing, copying or using all or any portion of this software you accept all the terms and conditions of this agreement: https://www.sygic.com/company/eula”
2. SpeedView: Legacy Edition
“SpeedView is an advanced speedometer application that uses the phone’s built-in GPS system to show your current, maximum and average speed, as well as the direction, total distance, and time traveled. Suitable for running, car driving, biking, or hiking.
• High accuracy
GPS-based speedometer that is more accurate than the one in your car.
• Linear compass
Shows your current direction of travel. A compass mode is also available.
• HUD mode
Mirrors the numbers so you can place your phone on your car’s dashboard and see the speed reflected in the front glass. You can check out this video to see how it works: http://youtu.be/rzda7CQ-ZAU
• Speed graph
Displays a graph chart covering the last several minutes.
• Speed warning
You can set the speed limits for three different types of roads so that when you go too fast a visual alert or sound will notify you.
• Display units
Supports units such as miles, kilometers, and nautical miles.
• GPX track export
Enables you to save your current track to the SD card or email it to someone. The GPX format is supported by Google Earth and many other programs: http://www.topografix.com/gpx_resources.asp
• Background mode
You can minimize the program and keep it running in the background. It will work as usual and even notify you when you exceed the speed limit.
Please note that the accuracy of GPS measurements is affected by a number of factors including atmospheric conditions, obstructions and the visibility of satellites.
This version is ad-supported. A paid version without ads and more features is also available.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on our blog: http://blog.codesector.com/”
3. Ulysse Speedometer
“ULYSSE SPEEDOMETER—the ultimate advanced GPS* tool that is not only a high-precision GPS* Speedometer, displaying not only the current speed (analog or digital) but also packing in many other exciting features. And don’t forget – this app is number 1 in 10 Best speedometer apps: http://freeappsforme.com/speedometer-apps-android-ios/
As a part of our Ulysse community, you’ll find its functionality indispensable. To discover further what’s packed into our tool, visit:
At binarytoys Lab, we listen to our users and are constantly integrating your feature requests—Ulysse is not only built by us, but also by you, our Ulyssers!
★ Overlays—display important speed/direction/time info over your other installed apps
★ Trip Computer—record the current, yesterday’s, today’s, week’s, month’s journeys
★ Track recorder—trace your journey and export to SD and/or email** as GPX or Google Earth KML format
★ Multiple profiles: for every car, bike, velo, walking, skiing
★ Music Controller**—control your installed music player directly
★ HUD—a Head-Up Display for your windshield
★ GPS Altimeter
★ GPS Compass
★ Latitude/longitude display**
★ Settings km/h, mph, knots; miles/feet, kilometers, nautical miles
★ Maximum displayed speeds: 1900 km/h / 1160 mph / 1000 knots!
★ Racing meter—measure acceleration times: 0-100 km/h, 0-60 mph and for 1/4 mile.
★ Average speed indicator
★ Switchboard – menu system providing easy setting changes of functions – simply tap the main speedometer dial for activation
★ Three shortcut pages—Application, Communication, Navigation; for a total 36 user-defined application shortcuts
★ Speed limits’ warnings (‘Speed Edge’) – define audio and visual speed alarms
★ App quickstart—assign other installed apps and called in just two taps
★ Customizable UI colors—are 16 million colors enough?
★ Current battery status info—charge, temperature
★ Car dock support—application automatically starts and exits on docking and undocking
★ Run the speedometer in background mode—show speed discretely in the status bar and even gives visual notification for speed limits***
★ Binarytoys’ Customer support second-to-none… take a look at our reviews!
But don’t limit Ulysse to just your automobile!
Imagine accessing all the features mentioned via virtually any means of transport.
Whether traveling by van, truck, bus, motorbike, bike, horse, unicycle, Segway, plane, helicopter, foot, camel, taxi, rickshaw, skateboard, train, boat, hang-gliding or paragliding (etc.)—you will find a useful use for Ulysse!
We Love our Ulyssers – And They Love Ulysse!
We are fully dedicated to our user base – with its millions of loyal worldwide users, we are constantly building on this success to guarantee that Ulysse remains on pole position now and in the future.
Would you like to see Ulysse translated into your own language? Contact us today at email@example.com to find out how or join us on http://crowdin.net/project/ulysse-speedometer
PLEASE NOTE: The app contains Ads – but an Ad-free paid (Pro) version is available.
*Dependent on phone hardware
** Pro version
***In the case of system overloading, a small lag is possible
Known limitation – trip distance may have 2-3% deviation from car’s odometer data
Look to ulysse.ibolt.co for a new car-dock for your phone!”
4. GPS Speedometer and Odometer (Speed Meter)
“GPS Speedometer and Odometer app to measure car speed and measure bike speed. It is the best GPS speedometer app for speed measurement of the vehicle. This is the easiest speedometer app and the best bike and car speedometer you can ever find.
How this car speedometer app is different from other speedo apps.
1. In this GPS speed meter app, you can use a phone compass sensor. The compass speedometer helps you know the moving direction.
2. The car speedometer works offline. It’s the fastest offline speedometer for car or bike. Likewise, use the free bike speedometer that takes less than 20 seconds to connect. Other speedo app takes mins for the same job making this the best gps speedometer offline. The same goes for the offline odometer for car.
3. Speed accuracy is close to 99%, making it the most accurate speedometer app and also the easy to use speedometer.
4. Digital speedometer shows you the current speed, average speed and the top speed. The digital odometer shows trip distance and the odometer reading.
5. HUD speedometer app (head up display) shows you the car speed on your car windshield and measure distance. HUD is provided on both landscape and portrait mode in the hud speed meter app.
6. Give your own colors in the mileage tracking app.
7. In the GPS meter app, you can also measure train speed as it provides train speed live meter.
8. The GPS speed app is a speedometer with alarm since it plays siren and shows red color if you overspeed. In the speed limit app, you can set your speed limits.
9. The distance tracker app helps you measure distance on backgrounding the app, making it a perfect distance meter.
10. You can also change the units in the mph speed meter app and the distance meter used to measure distance reflects the settings.There are three speed units in the speed meter app namely: mph (miles per hour), kmph and mps (meter per second).
11. Altitude unit can be changed like in the GPS distance measure. You can also track distance in the background mode.
12. The distance tracker and speed tracker app also shows the live weather at the current location in the mph meter app.
13. The GPS trip meter app is small in size, just ~4 MB.
14. This car speedometer app uses minimal battery.
15. Set the minimum and maximum speed to make sure you drive in a range and bicycle tracker is also available. The bus speedometer app lets you measure bus speed.
16. The GPS speed lets you enter a distance for countdown, putting speed tracking app on work, once reached there, the GPS odometer app notifies you.
18. In this GPS tracker app, reset all data in just a click.
19. Find latitude, longitude and altitude at your current location even if there’s no Barometer.
20. Share your location in the bike computer app.
21. The bike computer can also run in Background Window.
22. Delete any record on a long press in speed gauge.
23. Find all driving stats in one place in this truck speedometer app.
24. There’s Ads free session to get rid of all the ads for free in the speed app.
What if I want to measure my speed or my running speed or do a distance measurement? Just long press app icon and use the “Start now” feature in the speed box app. Users using Garmin to measure speed switched to this mileage tracker app. Use this GPS speedometer app as an odometer for walking, jogging and running. You can speed test car or speed test bike and stop getting speeding tickets. Use it cycle as it gives you a cyclemeter.
You can now take a car speed test, a bike speed test or a cycle, your running speed, jogging speed or even walking speed. You can measure car distance. It becomes a Pedometer when walking making it the best speedometer app. The speed meter is helpful who have a broken speedometer or broken odometer in their car, or any vehicle.”
5. “GPS Speedometer, Distance Meter”
Just an Android phone without a speedometer, this app will measure your speed and ring the alarm when the speed exceeds the limit that you allow, avoiding the Risk is not worth it.
It also helps you keep track of the road you have traveled while driving, jogging, …
• Measures current travel speed in km / h or mph mode
• Measure distance traveled in km or miles
• Option to change distance units and km or miles
• Set a speed limit, if you move too fast beyond this speed, the app will give you dangerous alerts to help you avoid undue risks.
• Turn off / on vibrate when danger warnings
• Turn off / on the alarm when the alarm is off
Change the warning bell: default beep or your favorite song
• Change the alert tone
• Enable / Disable background alerts, if enabled, alerts will be active even when you leave the app.
• Change application theme: bright theme (suitable for daytime use) and dark theme (suitable at night).
• Support your language
This is a completely free application that is designed for you.
Install this app on your smartphone, which will ensure your safety when it comes to traffic, and you will not be penalized by traffic police for over-speeding.
If you have any questions or problems want to fix, please mail me, I will help you.
Your 5-star rating will encourage us to create and develop the best free apps.”
6. DigiHUD Speedometer
DigiHUD Speedometer is a free GPS based digital head up display (HUD) that shows useful speed and distance information for your journey. Ideal if your vehicle speedo has died, you want to verify your vehicle speed or you just want to know your speed when cycling, running, flying, sailing etc.!
The display can be switched between normal viewing and HUD mode which mirrors the display for viewing as a reflection in a vehicle windshield (most useful at night, depending on the device’s brightness).
DigiHUD can open as a floating window on top of other apps or your homescreens. Works with external GPS receivers (tested at 10Hz).
Although we strive to make all readings as accurate as possible they are only as accurate as your device’s GPS sensor and should only be regarded as approximations.
For more than a dozen extra features, with many more planned, try DigiHUD Pro (link at the bottom of this description).
Current speed (choose MPH, KMH or KTS)
Average speed, since reset
Maximum speed, since reset
Three Trip distance counters
Odometer (found under Statistics)
Digit color changes to red when above your set warning speed
Battery level indicator
Satellite lock status icon
Lite Mode (speed only) – swipe the speed left or right. Swipe again to return
HUD Mode (mirrored) – swipe the speed up or down. Swipe again to return
Touch the trip counter to cycle through the three counters
Long-pressing on a speed or trip value will reset it
Long-press the speed unit to choose between MPH, KMH and KTS from the popup menu (also in the Main Menu)
When in window mode touch the DigiHUD icon for a menu to switch to the fullscreen app or exit. The window can be re-sized using the corner drag handle.
All values can be reset by long-pressing “PAUSE RESET” (the Odometer reading in the Statistics popup won’t reset and counts the total distance since the application was installed or it’s data was cleared).
Opened by touching the speed displayed in the center of the screen, the menu allows you to:
Window/Background Mode: Close and open as a re-sizable floating window
HUD view / Normal view: Switch between HUD (mirrored) and normal displays
Speed Unit: Change between MPH, KMH or KTS
Set Warning Speed/Sound: The speed at which the digit color will change to red. An audible alert can also be enabled here
Brightness: Adjust the screen brightness
Display Color: Choose from 10 customizable colors. Almost every color is available except black
Lock screen rotation: keep the screen in its current rotation even if the device is rotated
Display Preferences: enable/disable screen elements
Statistics: odometer, trip distance, top speed and average speed and version number
Help: show help and other information
*This application requires the use of the GPS receiver, which may increase battery usage.*
The screen will not turn off during long journeys and works in landscape or portrait mode.
If you have any problems using DigiHUD please check the troubleshooting FAQs, or Contact Us.”