If you are looking for the Best Pdf Scanner iPhone App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Pdf Scanner iPhone App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Pdf Scanner iPhone App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Pdf Scanner iPhone App
1. Adobe Scan: PDF Scanner & OCR
“Adobe Scan is free to download and turns your mobile device into a powerful scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR) and allows you to create, save, and organize your paper documents as a digital file.
Scan anything — receipts, notes, ID cards, recipes, photos, business cards, whiteboards — and turn them into PDF or JPEG files you can work with on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
HOW IT WORKS
• Scan any document and convert to PDF or photo.
• Save and organize your important documents so they are easy to find.
• Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner.
• Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, resize, and adjust color.
• Remove and edit imperfections, erase stains, marks, creases, even handwriting.
• Capture forms, receipts, notes, ID cards, health documents, and business cards and organize into custom folders so they are easy to access and find.
• Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed. You can even highlight expenses on tax receipts with ease.
QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTO LIBRARY
• This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don’t have to.
• Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll.
• Turn your scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks text for reuse through automated text recognition (OCR).
• Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit, resize, and reuse in other documents.
SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
• The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text.
DO MORE WITH ACROBAT
• You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections, add comments, fill and sign documents.
• Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned text and content to work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Subscribe for even more scanning power. Subscriptions work across Scan and Reader mobile apps and Acrobat on web.
• Combine scans into one file so you can take multiple scans and consolidate into one document.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file formats to repurpose or reformat your documents.
• Increase OCR capacity from 25 to 100 pages so that you can find text in multiple scans.
Download the free mobile scanner to convert important photos and documents into PDF and JPEG files to help you stay organized. Adobe Scan is the PDF converter trusted by millions worldwide.
Terms & Conditions:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information: www.adobe.com/go/ca-rights-linkfree”
2. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
“Notes is the best place to jot down quick thoughts or to save longer notes filled with checklists, images, web links, scanned documents, handwritten notes, or sketches. And with iCloud, it’s easy to keep all your devices in sync, so you’ll always have your notes with you.
• Add attachments – photos, maps, web links, documents, and more. Scan paper documents with the built-in document scanner.
• Secure notes containing sensitive or personal data with a password.
• Create checklists. Make a grocery list, a wish list, or a to-do list, then tap to check-off items as you go.
• Apply different text styles, such as heading or body, bulleted lists, and more.
• Add tables to quickly organize information.
• Use your finger, or Apple Pencil on a compatible iPad, to sketch right in your note. Choose from a variety of brush styles and colors, and add lines and grids to a note for easier writing and drawing.
Organize and search
• Search for text in notes, your handwriting, and even inside scanned documents and photos like receipts or bills.
• Keep your notes in folders and subfolders, and sort them in the order you prefer.
• Use tags as a fast and flexible way to categorize and organize your notes. Add one or more tags by typing or handwriting them directly in the note – like #activities or #cooking.
• A Tag Browser in the sidebar lets you tap any tag or combination of tags to quickly view tagged notes.
• Create Custom Smart Folders based on one or more tags.
• Collaborate on entire shared folders or on specific shared notes.
• Mention friends to notify them of important updates and link them directly to a shared note.
• View edit times and dates with highlighted text color-coded to match collaborators in the note.
• See what others added into a shared note while you were away with Activity view, a day-to-day list summary of activity from each collaborator.
Take notes anywhere
• Just swipe with an Apple Pencil or finger from the bottom right corner on any compatible iPad to start a Quick Note outside the app. You can also use Fn-Q (Globe-Q) on a keyboard.
• Add deep links from an app or website to a Quick Note to mark your place.
• Quick Notes can be created on compatible iPad and Mac systems, and viewed and edited on iPhone.
Certain features are available only in select languages and regions.”
4. OCR Scanner – QuickScan
The app is 100% FREE, with NO ads and NO data collection. Donation is possible to support the project.
QuickScan is the easiest & quickest yet super-powerful scanner on iOS.
• Scan with camera (automatic document detection & automatic angle correction)
• Import existing images
• Import existing PDF files
• Professional-quality OCR on images or even existing PDF
• Export in PDF with the recognized text integrated (very advanced feature). This allows to search/copy & paste into the generated PDF.
• Export the recognized text in .txt
• Export as image
• Apply image filters (grayscale, black & white)
• Output file size estimation (adjust the quality settings according to your needs)
• Export anywhere (to Files, to any Drive, E-mail, message, Airdrop, …)
• CLOUD UPLOAD: Configure a default save location (support for iCloud Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV, Google Drive…)
• Automatic file naming based on a pattern (use date, time, text…)
• Scan shortcut from the iOS homescreen
• … and much more, there are really many useful features
Everything happens on your device, no internet connection is required.
There is no quicker way to beautifully scan & OCR a document.
SUPPORTED LANGUAGES FOR OCR:
• Other languages will work but do not get the extra accuracy boost when using a language dictionary
I value your privacy: everything happens locally, on your device! I do not use any server for this app. No personal data is collected.
QuickScan is 100% FREE, the in-app purchases are only there to tip me, and do not restrict the usage of the app in any way.”
5. “PDFelement: PDF Editor,Scanner”
“PDFelement – The ultimate PDF editor with all the tools to read, edit, annotate, protect and create PDF files on your iPhone and iPad. It is trusted by millions of people with more stable performance, stunning new UI and iOS-friendly experience, and richer functions.
What’s New of PDFelement:
1. Multi-Language: Support for 12 languages.
2. Multi-Platform: A single account across all platform
3. Richer Functions: Cloud Services, Apple Pencil, File Search, Compress Files, Dark mode, Multitasking Mode, Drag&Drop, etc.
*** WITH PDFelement YOU CAN ***
√ PDF Editor
– Edit text, images in PDFs
– Use Font recognition
– Change font, size, color, and more
– Select paragraphs to cut, copy, paste or delete them
– Support undo and redo to make your editing workflow easier
√Draw With Apple Pencil
– Supports handwriting input to avoid the imprecision of finger operation
– View two different PDFs side by side on iPad
– Quickly open and view PDF documents
– Support full-text search, scroll, and zoom in and out
– Choose the single or double-page mode
– Select either vertical or horizontal scroll mode
– Transition using continuous or jump page transitions
– Support to view various format files, including Excel, PPT, Word, image, audio, video, etc.
√ Merge PDFs
– Combine different PDF files into a new PDF
√ Markup & Annotate PDF
– Add a text box with an arrow, text call-out, stamps, freehand drawings, and use the eraser
– Highlight, underline, or strikethrough context
– Allow you to find any notes and markups quickly
√ Create & Compress PDF
– Create PDF files from blank documents or images, including input format: bmp, jpg, png, tif, gif, pcx, tga, exif, fpx, psd, cdr, pcd, dxf, etc.
– Compress PDFs to reduce the file size
√ Fill & Sign Forms
– Directly edit your PDF forms with ease
– Sign your forms using a handwritten signature
√ Flatten PDF
– Invalidate interactive comments in PDF document content and make them part of the document object
√ Cloud Services & Wi-Fi Transfer
– Import files from cloud storage, including iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, WebDAV, FTP, and SFTP via Wi-Fi wireless transfer
√ Work with Scanned Documents
– When you use the mobile phone to shoot documents, it automatically removes the cluttered background and generates a high-definition version of the PDF.
– The paper file can be quickly converted into a clear scanned PDF document.
√ Page Management
– Support for extracting, reordering, rotating, inserting or deleting pages
√ PDF File Management
– Manage PDFs effortlessly, and customize your own PDF folder using embedded folders
– Supports to view files in grid mode and list display mode
– Sort and search for your files
√ Dark Mode
– Switch to dark mode to change the background color of the app window
√ File Sharing
– Print and share the edited PDF directly through email
√ Bookmarks Management
– Use Bookmarks for intuitive navigation through PDF files
– Add, delete, modify, search and edit your bookmarks
√ Protect PDFs with Password
– Set a password to protect PDFs from being opened by unauthorized users
In-APP Purchase Details
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the
end of the current period.
Please note that this app only supports editing native PDF files. It does not support editing the scanned PDF. If you cannot edit the text in PDF, please check if it is a scanned PDF. Thank you!
Need HELP? Please contact us! We’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.
Support Center： http://support.wondershare.com
6. Scanner App – PDF Editor
“Experience the true power of a portable document scanner on the fly through this PDF Scanner app for iPhone. Digitally archive important documents by scanning receipts, invoices, books, contracts, business cards and convert them into multipage PDFs.
The intelligent OCR technology of this app recognizes texts from any scannable images with pinpoint accuracy. Create and combine multiple photos to create a PDF and add electronic signatures in just a few steps.
Key Features of PDF Scanner:
– Support for scanning with camera flashlight in low-light
– Import images via Photo Library, Dropbox, and WiFi sync
– Crop, apply filters, correct or change the orientation of the scanned copies
– Inbuilt OCR technology for text recognition and extraction
– Electronic signature support
– Scan and export documents as JPG or PDF
– Share scanned documents via Mail, iMessage, and more in just a few steps
This document scanner app already features a smart algorithm for accurate edge detection and low-light scanning. For further improved scanning results, you can manually edit borders, orientation, and even apply filters.
Advanced OCR Scanner
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology lets users accurately scan any words from digital images and make them editable. Extract texts with OCR and save the whole document as a TXT file. You can also select a specific portion of the text and cut, copy or share it.
Scan and Merge Images
PDF Scanner app sports multiple ways to scan a file. Scan with your camera or directly from Photo Library or import photos from the cloud storage. Also, merge multiple images effortlessly to create a single PDF. This is the perfect PDF scanner and maker app for iPhone to complement your personal and small businesses.
For the user’s convenience, the PDF Scanner app for iPhone allows you to directly select pictures from the cloud, such as Dropbox. It’s truly a comprehensive portable document scanning experience.
Digital Electronic Signature
Add personal electronic signatures to all the scanned files anytime you need. This is one of the best scanning apps for iPhone to scan and save digital versions of documents for everyday use.
Keep Files Organized
To easily keep all the scanned documents and papers organized, the scanner app lets the users create unlimited folders. Label the folders according to your needs and never lose track of the important scanned files.
Auto-Renewable Subscription Terms:
Subscribe to get unrestricted access to all the features outlined above.
• Subscription Length: Weekly, Yearly
• Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your Apple ID account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
• You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Disclaimer: This app is free to download, but you will be required to sign-up for an auto-renewing subscription to access the app’s full functionality.”
7. Scanner Pro: Scan Document
“Scanner Pro is the best scanning app for your iPhone and iPad.
Scan agreements, receipts, IDs, books, and more using your device and turn them into high-quality PDFs, so you can safely store and share them anywhere.
“I will confess to some serious love for Scanner Pro.” – Rick Broida, CNET
“Scanner Pro is an excellent app for those who’d like to digitize and organize their paper worlds.” – Marc Saltzman, USA Today
“There really isn’t a better scanner app for iPhone than Scanner Pro.” – Matthew Panzarino, TNW
Experience the simplicity of on-the-go document scanning. It takes seconds to scan your travel expenses, convert paper sketches into digital copies, and save interesting articles and books for later. Due to its advanced image processing, Scanner Pro will automatically detect borders, correct perspective and distortions, remove shadows, making your scans look professional. Finally, share, email and upload your perfect scans anywhere.
TEXT VISION (OCR)
Turn your scans into text, so you can read, copy, and export it to other apps. Scanner Pro supports 25+ languages: Catalan, Croatian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish and Ukrainian.
FULL TEXT SEARCH
Search through the text of your scans, not just their titles. Quickly find any scan no matter how it’s named.
Automate your flow and perform multiple actions in just one tap. First, choose your actions – rename documents, send an email, upload to Dropbox, save to the required folder and much more. Then, with just one tap Scanner Pro will complete all of these actions, while you solve more important problems.
AUTO UPLOAD TO CLOUD
Scanner Pro can automatically upload your scans to Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, Box, iCloud Drive, OneDrive, OneNote or any other WebDAV-enabled online storage.
SHARE YOUR SCANS
Share as many scans as you want for FREE. Send scanned documents via email, export to Photos or open in any 3rd party application. Also, you can print your documents or even fax them to most countries and territories.
PROTECT YOUR PDFs
Protect your document library with a secure password, Face ID, or Touch ID. Share password-protected scans to shield them from prying eyes.
Keep your documents handy when on-the-go. Scan a document on your iPhone or iPad and access it on all your other devices.
EDIT. SAVE. EDIT AGAIN
Unlike other apps, Scanner Pro saves the original document that you scanned. This means you can always go back and reverse the edit changes or annotations you made.
* Current Scanner Pro PLUS subscription price starts at 19.99/year with a 7-day trial.
* If you choose to purchase Scanner Pro PLUS, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
* Prices are in US dollars, may vary in countries other than the US, and are subject to change without notice.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
* If you don’t choose to purchase Scanner Pro PLUS, you can simply continue using Scanner Pro for free.
Have any feedback or comments? We’d love to hear from you at http://readdle.com/contact
Terms of Service: https://readdle.com/terms”