If you are looking for the Best Personal Weather Station Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Personal Weather Station Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Personal Weather Station Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Personal Weather Station Android App
1. The Weather Channel – Radar
“The Weather Channel is the World’s Most Accurate Forecaster**. Prepare for the winter weather ahead with our local storm radar. Our snow radar, rain alerts and severe weather warnings can help prepare you for upcoming snowstorms and heavy rain. Monitor live radar updates, an hourly rain tracker, storm radar news, and local weather forecast on the go.
Our live doppler radar maps, severe weather widgets, and accurate weather updates can warn you ahead of time of heavy rain, incoming floods, cold snaps, or heavy snow. Extreme weather is increasing across the nation – our snow radar, severe weather alerts and rain tracker have you covered with hourly forecast updates. Local weather alerts can prepare you for the storm season ahead: snowstorms, heavy rain, and more.
Stay informed with our daily forecast tracking page for live precipitation updates by the hour. Plan up to 15 days in advance with forecasts from the world’s most accurate weather forecaster, so you can plan ahead with confidence**. Our storm radar widget provides local rain updates and alerts you to upcoming storms right on your home screen. Weather maps enabled with GPS, live radar readings, storm radar alerts, and severe weather warnings help you face whatever the clouds may bring.
The Weather Channel Features:
Local Weather Radar: Snow & Rain Tracker
– Hourly rainfall tracker
– 6-hour future radar
– Snow Radar: Track snow intensity up to 7 hours in the future
– Snow Tracker: Monitor snowfall over the last 24 hours and into the next 48 hours
– ‘Feels Like’ feature lets you plan what to wear before stepping out of the house
– Winter storm tracker & live radar lets you follow weather patterns
– Storm radar makes tracking snow & rain easy throughout winter storms
– Local radar updates, severe weather alerts in your area, & forecast readings for the next three hours – all on your home screen
– Widget & features are compatible with dark mode: turn your Android device to dark mode for a great viewing experience
– Forecasts includes information on sunset times, allergies, flu & pollen forecasts
– Winter weather news to keep you updated
– Severe weather events: Live alerts and coverage on severe weather events
Upgrade to The Weather Channel Premium for our most comprehensive, dynamic, and precise weather experience. Get exclusive access to:
– Ad-free weather
– 15-minute forecast details
– Advanced radar
– & more!
Privacy & Feedback
– If you have any questions or suggestions, please get in touch at email@example.com
**The Weather Channel is the World’s Most Accurate Forecaster. ForecastWatch, Global and Regional Weather Forecast Accuracy Overview, 2017-2020, https://www.forecastwatch.com/AccuracyOverview2017-2020, commissioned by IBM. The Weather Channel’s global percent of top rankings averaged over all forecast lead days (1-9) during 2020 was at least 3.5 times higher than any other weather provider studied. Derived by IBM using data from the study.
**The World’s Leading Weather Provider: According to Comscore, The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, is the largest provider of weather forecasts worldwide based on total monthly unique visitors in 2020. Comscore Media Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information – Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2020 avg.
The Weather Channel app has over 2.4 million 5-star ratings out of over 3.0 million total reviews since January 2018 according to Apple’s App Store Connect and over 1.6 million 5-star ratings out of over 2.4 million total reviews since October 2008 according to the Google Play Developer Console worldwide.
The Weather Channel® is a registered trademark of TWC Product and Technology, LLC, an IBM Company.”
2. Netatmo Weather
Discover the first Personal Weather Station made for Android phones and its App!
A Netatmo Weather Station is required. Find out more about the Netatmo Weather Station at www.netatmo.com.
Become a contributor and be part of this unique Personal Weather Station network: measure locally with your Netatmo Weather Station, monitor directly from your phone with the Netatmo app!
-Access your station’s measurements (temperature, humidity, barometer, felt-like temperature, CO2, air quality, rainfall and wind speed and direction) directly from your phone.
-Intuitive and easy navigation! Swipe between outdoor measurements and indoor measurements in one easy gesture.
EVENTS AND NOTIFICATIONS:
-Notifications for peak and variation events (CO2 concentration, extreme temperatures, low and high pressures…).
-Automatically logs events in your personal timeline.
-7 days of forecast, available at your exact Netatmo Weather Station location!”
3. Meteo Monitor 4 Personal Weather Stations (PWS)
This unofficial app shows current and daily information from your Personal Weather Station. It’s simple monitoring app with basic charts for checking actual values from PWS.
– better live actual values loading (temp, dew, pressure, humidity)
– actual temperature
– actual dew point
– actual barometric pressure
– actual wind/gust speed and direction
– actual outdoor humidity (percent)
– rain detection
– solar radiation information (W/m2)
– UV radiation information
– daily chart for temperature/dew point
– daily chart for pressure in time
– daily chart for wind and gust
– daily chart for wind direction frequency
– daily chart of rainfall/today rain/solar activity
– daily chart of humidity
– daily MIN/MAX for barometric pressure, humidity, wind speed
– metric/imperial units
– PWS location and GPS if available
– PWS elevation in feets if available
This app supports some of these manufactures
– Ambient Weather
– Onset Hobo
– Raspberry pi
– Many others
This app is still in progress and we will add more features in future. If you have any comments or ideas for improvement, please contact us via email or ticket system.”
4. Weather Station
Most Android devices still do not have a barometer, ambient thermometer, or hygrometer. See the (probably incomplete) COMPATIBILITY list below for devices that this app is useful with.
This app does not simulate ambient temperature based on cpu or battery temperature and does not provide faux readings or internet based readings. There is zero internet/network usage; internet/network permissions are never requested. We respect your privacy and have no desire to profit off of your data.
For those who desire more, consider donating by purchasing Weather Station Pro. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FREE VERSION OF WEATHER STATION FIRST to make sure your device has the sensors for the types of readings you want.
• No ads
• Depending on device, supports: Ambient Temperature, Pressure, Relative Humidity, Absolute Humidity, Dew Point, Mixing Ratio, Heat Index, Illuminance, |Magnetic Field|, and Barometric, GPS, & Density Altitude
• Graphs with details including 24 hour and 7 day hi & lo markers
• Pro only: 14 day graphing
• Pro only: 14 day hi & lo markers on graphs also
• Pro only: Multi-Series graphing able to graph any number of (normalized) reading types
• Pro only: Ongoing Status Bar Notification (ideal for Temperature but can be used for any of the reading types in the range of -20 to 120)
• Pro only: Sunrise/Set info
• Pro only: Moon info
• Notification alerts
• Records set by your device
• Share screenshots
• Printing support (Android KitKat+)
• Unit choices for temperature/dew point/heat index (°F, °C, K), pressure (mb, inHg, kPa, atm, Torr, psi, hPa, mmHg), absolute humidity (g/m³, kg/m³), mixing ratio (g/kg, kg/kg), and elevation/altitude (ft, m)
• Pressure can be adjusted to mean sea level using the Altimeter Setting
• Use GPS provided elevation/altitude for pressure adjustments
• 5 widget types (4×1, 1×4, and 3 1×1) with 3 style choices
• Widgets are highly customizable including text color and size
• Pro only: Full size widget with icons
• Pro only: Widgets have several color theme choices
• Pro only: Light and dark application themes
• Indicators for rising/falling/steady readings
• 24 hour hi & lo readings on main screen
• Calibration of raw values output by sensors
• Pro only: Experimental battery temperature based calibration for offsetting inaccurate ambient temperature and relative humidity readings
• Export background readings to .txt files
• Pro only: Unlimited Auto Logging of background readings with geo coordinates to .txt files
• Localized numbers and dates & times
• Pro only: Settings and data from Weather Station v2.0.0 or higher can be transferred to Pro on first start
The ‘About’ section in the app has much more detail on how Weather Station works.
Devices with a hygrometer, thermometer, and barometer:
Note 3 (III)
*Precise location… for GPS elevation/altitude; Moon and Sun info and Auto Logging of coordinates
*Modify/delete/read USB/SD card storage contents… for exporting/logging background readings to .txt files; screenshots
*Prevent device from sleeping… for background readings and battery temperature based calibration services; the screen wake lock troubleshooting setting
*Run at startup… to restart background readings and the ongoing status bar notification after a reboot
*Control vibration… on a notification alert”
5. Weather data & microclimate : Weather Underground
“Weather, at a microclimate level. Get your hyperlocal weather forecast, with precise current conditions and hyper-local updates from your closest weather station. With weather data from over 250,000 personal weather stations and a proprietary forecast model, Weather Underground gives you the most precise weather forecast at a truly hyper-local level. Discover about current conditions, get weather data from our Nexrad network, customizable weather alerts from NOAA and much more, thanks to our Nexrad hurricane and storm tracker and Doppler radar technology. You’ll always be prepared.
5 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD WEATHER UNDERGROUND
– Weather alerts and storm radar: get severe weather alerts for your position and trust our hurricane tracker and storm radar for severe weather news – you’ll always be prepared for your microclimate, whether it’s extreme rain or a surprise drought.
– Hyperlocal weather conditions: track current conditions from your local weather station, as well as hourly/daily forecasts up to 10 days in the future, which include chance of rain and precise weather news.
– Most detailed local weather data: get updates with the best weather data including weather maps, local Doppler radar imagery, temperature updates, “Feels Like,” wind speed, wind directions, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, and pressure.
– Other geographical data: discover more information and get news about your local weather and microclimate with our air quality index, UV index, sunrise & sunset times at your closest personal weather station.
– Customized experience: set your app with light & dark modes and various map types and units.
DISCOVER THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Interactive weather maps with Nexrad radar technology & severe weather alerts:
– The most interactive weather maps on mobile allow you to select from different precise weather overlays, personal weather stations, Nexrad radar, NOAA and satellite imagery, heat and temperature maps, and rain accumulation.
– Sophisticated weather visualizations with hi-res satellite & cloud cover imagery from GOES-16, powered by data from NOAA.
– Keep an eye out for extreme weather with our hurricane tracker and storm radar and always be prepared with severe weather alerts.
Hyper-local forecasts driven by accurate weather data:
– Over 250,000 PWSs report the most accurate local weather conditions. Visualize precise weather radar imagery for your very own microclimate.
– Made to fill in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts – meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood. So you get real time rain accumulation, a precise pollen forecast and temperature info reflecting your local current conditions.
Subscribe to Premium!
– Upgrade and remove all ads from your weather app by purchasing an annual subscription.
– Access Smart Forecasts: set your ideal weather conditions for your outdoor activities and we’ll tell you when to go.
– View Extended Hourly Forecasts up to 15 days in the future.
Privacy & Feedback
– If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
6. PWS Watcher ⛅️ Personal Weather Station Monitoring
PWS Watcher allows you to monitor the data generated by PWS.
The application allows the monitoring of multiple weather stations simultaneously.
It works with:
– Cumulus MX
– Weather Display
– Ambient Weather
– Meteobridge (both PRO and Standard versions)
Click here for more info about compatibilities!
7. Ambient Weather
“Ambient Weather believes weather is personal. So, we’ve redesigned our app to be mobile-friendly so you can take it anywhere. The clean, streamlined look makes it easier to scan and scroll through current conditions or upcoming daily and weekly forecasts. Connect your Ambient personal weather station to our online platform and you unlock a number of unique social features:
INTERACT with a large and growing weather community by viewing their feeds, commenting, liking posts, and sharing tiles from your dashboard with other social networks.
CUSTOMIZE tiles on your dashboard to focus on the measurements that matter to you. Set alerts when conditions change or to warn you of upcoming events.
CREATE and publish your own forecasts to the online community. See how your results compare and track them over time. Create your own posts to highlight weather events, share weather images or other information you’ve collected.
Don’t follow the weather. Have the weather follow you.”