If you are looking for the Best Pgp Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Pgp Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Pgp Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Pgp Android App
1. OpenKeychain: Easy PGP
“OpenKeychain helps you communicate more privately and securely. It uses encryption to ensure that your messages can be read only by the people you send them to, others can send you messages that only you can read, and these messages can be digitally signed so the people getting them are sure who sent them. OpenKeychain is based on the well established OpenPGP standard making encryption compatible across your devices and systems. For a list of compatible software for Windows, Mac OS, and other operating systems consult http://openpgp.org/software/.
Modern encryption is based on digital “keys”. OpenKeychain stores and manages your keys, and those of the people you communicate with, on your Android smartphone. It also helps you find others’ keys online, and exchange keys. But its most frequent use is in using those keys to encrypt and decrypt messages.
★ Integration with other Apps:
• K-9 Mail
• and many more…
★ Open Source: OpenKeychain is designed to be trustworthy. It’s Free Software with no secrets; anyone can examine and validate every bit of it (Source code available at https://github.com/open-keychain/open-keychain)
★ Independent Security Audit: The auditing company Cure53 performed an intensive security audit of OpenKeychain. The security experts summarize their final result with “[…] none of the spotted issues were considered to be of a critical severity in terms of security implications. The latter is a significant and impressive result for an app of this complexity and relevance.”
★ Permissions: Because OpenKeychain is Free Software, anyone can validate that the permissions are indeed only required for the listed features.
• In-app purchases: Donate to the developers
• Identity: Pre-fill name and email addresses
• Contacts: Connect keys to your contacts (only offline)
• Photos/Media/Files: Import/export keys from SD card
• Camera: Scan QR Codes to add other people’s keys
• Others: Internet permission to retrieve keys, NFC permission to use YubiKeys
Starting with Android 6, permissions are requested when required in-app!”
2. KYMS – Keep your media safe
*** Now with a powerful built-in browser with automatic download capabilities!***
Kyms is the only App on Google Play that decrypts files in real time, without any waiting! By tapping on a video, for example, it will start immediatly and the decryption will continue in background.
With KYMS you can hide, encrypt and protect:
– Videos: ALL DECRYPTED IN REAL TIME WHILE WATCHING!!
– Documents: text files
The media can be imported from:
– Device local files
– Device Camera
– Your Mac or Pc through WiFi: by using a standard desktop browser and dragging files on it
Integrated Browser features:
– Multi-tab fast internet browser
– Ultra-simple video download feature: start a video to obtain the download button.
– Private bookmarks and history
Additional security features:
Login with: 4-digits Pin+Alphanumeric password
Panic Gesture: Put your hand on the screen or close the smart cover to log out immediately (needs a device equipped with proximity sensor)”
3. FlowCrypt: Encrypted Email with PGP
– Sets up in a few taps
– Send encrypted email and attachments to anyone
FlowCrypt lets you use PGP end-to-end encryption by generating a private and public key. Sources available at https://github.com/FlowCrypt/
There are a few ways this encryption app stands out:
– Easy email encryption that just works.
– Anyone can use it. We’ve worked to ensure every single way possible that email encryption can be confusing has been removed, so that more people can encrypt Gmail or other email.
– You can send encrypted attachments. Text files, powerpoint slides, excel documents, image files, any and all files and attachments can be sent privately.
– No understanding of cryptography needed. Don’t know what a public key is? You don’t need to know to secure your email with FlowCrypt. Power users with an existing public key are also served.
Whether you have struggled with other ways to encrypt email or you are trying email encryption for the first time, you will find this a very simple secure email solution thanks to PGP.
PGP stands for Pretty Good Privacy it’s the standard for secure email encryption. This Gmail end-to-end encryption plugin lets you encrypt Gmail messages anytime your email security and privacy matters, without having to think about it.
Most email providers don’t give you the level of privacy that we should expect. That is why we created the FlowCrypt PGP plugin that lets you encrypt google email without needing to learn anything new.
Email PGP encryption has been historically a very difficult area, which few people used because there was no easy PGP solution around. If you were asked for a Public Key or a PubKey so that others can encrypt messages for you, just install FlowCrypt and you will find your new Public Key in the settings.
Also, file encryption is fully supported. To encrypt an attachment just open a compose screen, add the recipient’s email, and attach a file. If they have encryption set up on their end, that’s it – just send the encrypted email out.
PGP or the OpenPGP is a standard for encrypted communication used by more than 10 million people. FlowCrypt is compatible with most OpenPGP software out there.
Looking forward to your feedback! Email us at email@example.com as we’re improving the app every day.”