If you are looking for the Best Phone App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Phone App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Phone App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Phone App For Android
1. Microsoft Translator
“Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for more than 70 languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can also download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel.
• Text translation into over 70 languages*, for online and offline use
• Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
• Voice translation to translate speech, and a split-screen mode for two participants having a bilingual conversation
• Multi-person conversation translation – connect your devices and have in-person conversations with up to 100 people across multiple languages
• Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides to help you learn important phrases in foreign languages when you travel
• Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word to find the best translation to express yourself
• Download languages for offline use for when you travel without an internet connection
• Hear your translated phrase out loud to help you learn how to say the translation
• View transliterations (pronunciation guides) to help you pronounce the translation (includes Pinyin support for Chinese)
• Share your translations with other apps
• Pin and save your most frequent translations for later
• Translate text in other apps through context menu translation
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Arabic (Levantine), Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dari, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew , Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Kurdish (Central), Kurdish (Northern), Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Norwegian, Odia, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Punjabi, Queretaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tahitian, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, and Edge as well as by partners such as Adobe, LinkedIn and more.
*Some features are not available in all languages.”
2. Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus
“Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus is the most powerful antivirus app for Android. It protects your smartphone and tablet against viruses, malware and online threats and keeps your private information secure from hackers.
Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus was named the Best Android Security Product of 2020, 2017, 2016 and 2015 by AV-TEST. Try it free for the first 14 days.
✔ Antivirus Protection – keeps your Android device safe from all new and existing online threats
✔ Virus & Malware Scanner – 100% detection rate against viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware; on-demand & on-install scan and malware removal
✔ Web Protection – secures your Android device against dangerous, phishing and fraudulent sites for the most popular browsers
✔ Autopilot – makes security recommendations based on your mobile device usage
✔ Account Privacy – monitors if your email accounts were involved in any data breach
✔ VPN – makes your IP anonymous & unlocks geo-restricted content
✔ App Lock – protects your sensitive and private mobile apps with a PIN code or fingerprint
✔ Anti-Theft – protects your personal information in case your Android device is stolen or lost
✔ Reports – sends insights about your weekly activity and security incidents that were prevented
✔ WearON – extends the protection offered by Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus to your smart watch
Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus keeps your Android phone and tablet protected from all online threats. It acts as a virus cleaner and malware removal tool.
Virus & Malware Scanner
With an independently proven 100% detection rate, Malware Scanner automatically scans all mobile apps for viruses, malware and any other threats to protect your Android device.
Web Protection blocks malicious, phishing and fraudulent links and keeps your online activity safe on the most popular browsers so you can navigate or buy online without any risks.
Protects against mobile threats relying on links to enter your device and gather data. Detects dangerous links embedded in texts and notifications and helps put an end to the spread of such attacks.
Autopilot acts as your Security Advisor by recommending security actions in the context of your system needs and usage patterns.
How safe is your email address? Find out whether your account details or personal data have been involved in a data breach by monitoring them with Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus.
Surf the web anonymously & unlock geo-IP restricted content with the VPN feature. Free use limited to 200MB traffic / day.
Protect your most sensitive mobile apps with a PIN code or fingerprint so no one can mess with your private info. Use Smart Unlock to allow direct access to protected apps when using a trusted Wi-Fi.
Anti-Theft & Snap Photo
Lock, geo-locate, sound an alarm, and wipe your Android from any internet-connected device. The anti-theft protection will snap a mugshot of any person who tries to tamper with your phone in your absence.
Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus reports your activity in weekly intervals so you can have a clear overview of how you use your phone from a security and privacy perspective.
Extends Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus to Android Wear devices.
Never lose your device with the help of Phone Alert and Scream (Android 4.3 and later required).
For Open-Beta group
New functionality available to test – Anti-SMS phishing to keep you safe against attacks relying on text messages to infiltrate on your device or gather your data. Works side-by-side with Web Protection for complete online protection.
Note: This safety app requires Device Admin permission and uses Accessibility services.”
3. Niagara Launcher ‧ fresh/clean
“The traditional home screen we know was made more than a decade ago, where phone screens were smaller than your credit card. Smartphones keep growing, but not your fingers. The minimalist Niagara Launcher makes everything accessible with one hand and lets you focus on what matters.
🏆 A standout new Android launcher for ergonomic efficiency · Computerworld
🏆 Among the best launchers of 2020 according to Tom’s Guide, Android Central, Android Authority, and TechRadar
🏆 Featured on XDA Developers
▌ Top reasons to use Niagara Launcher:
✋ Ergonomic efficiency · Access everything with one hand – no matter how big your phone is.
🌊 Adaptive list · In contrast to a rigid grid layout used by other Android launchers, Niagara Launcher’s list can adapt to your needs. The media player, incoming messages, or calendar events: everything pops in when it needs to.
🏄♀ Wave alphabet · Efficiently reach every app without even having to open an app drawer. The launcher’s wave animation does not only feel satisfying but also helps you navigate your phone with just one hand.
💬 Embedded notifications · Not just notification dots: Read and respond to notifications right from your home screen.
🎯 Stay focused · The streamlined and minimalist design declutters your home screen, reduces distractions, and is super easy to use.
⛔ Ad-free · Ads on a minimalist launcher to declutter doesn’t make sense. Even the free version is also completely ad-free.
⚡ Lightweight & lightning fast · Being minimalist and fluid are two of the most important aspects of Niagara Launcher. The home screen app runs smoothly on all phones. With just a few megabytes in size, no space is wasted.
✨ Declutter your home screen · Hide all pre-installed bloatware and rarely used apps to focus on your relevant apps.
🦄 Personalize your home screen · Impress your friends with Niagara Launcher’s clean look and customize it to your needs. Personalize it with our integrated icon pack, fonts, and wallpapers, or use your own.
🏃 Active development & great community · Niagara Launcher is in active development and has a very supportive community. If you ever have a problem or want to voice your opinions about the launcher, please join us:
🔹 Twitter: https://twitter.com/niagaralauncher
🔹 Discord: https://niagaralauncher.app/discord
🔹 Telegram: https://t.me/niagara_launcher
🔹 Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NiagaraLauncher
🔹 Press kit: http://niagaralauncher.app/press-kit
📴 Why we offer an accessibility service · Our accessibility service has the sole purpose of letting you quickly turn off your phone’s screen with a gesture. The service is optional, disabled by default, and neither collects nor shares any data.”
4. Google Family Link
“Try the Family Link parental controls app from Google. Whether your children are younger or in their teens, the Family Link app lets you set digital ground rules remotely from your own device to help guide them as they learn, play, and explore online. For children under 13 (or the applicable age of consent in your country), Family Link also lets you create a Google Account for your child that’s like your account, with access to most Google services.
With Family Link parental controls, you can:
Guide them to good content
• View their app activity – Not all screen time is the same. Help your child make healthy decisions about what they do on their Android device, with activity reports showing how much time they’re spending on their favorite apps. You can see daily, weekly, or monthly reports.
• Manage their apps – Handy notifications let you approve or block apps your child wants to download from the Google Play Store. You can also manage in-app purchases, and hide specific apps on their device, all remotely from your own device.
• Feed their curiosity – It can be hard to figure out what apps are right for your child, so Family Link shows you teacher-recommended apps on Android that you can add directly to their device.
Keep an eye on screen time
• Set limits – It’s up to you to decide the right amount of screen time for your child. Family Link lets you set time limits and a bedtime for their supervised devices, so you can help them find a good balance.
• Lock their device – Whether it’s time to go play outside, have dinner, or just spend time together, you can remotely lock a supervised device whenever it’s time to take a break.
See where they are
• It’s helpful to be able to find your child when they’re on the go. You can use Family Link to help locate them as long as they’re carrying their Android device.
• Family Link’s tools vary depending on your child’s device. See a list of compatible devices at families.google.com/familylink/setup
• While Family Link helps you manage your child’s purchases and downloads from Google Play, they will not need approval to install app updates (including updates that expand permissions), apps you have previously approved, or apps that have been shared in Family Library. Parents should regularly review their child’s installed apps and app permissions in Family Link.
• You should carefully review the apps on your child’s supervised device and disable those you don’t want them to use. Note that you may not be able to disable some pre-installed apps.
• To see the location of your child or teen’s device, it must be powered on, recently active, and connected to the internet.
• Teacher-recommended apps are only available on Android devices in the US to parents of children of certain ages.
• While Family Link provides tools to manage your child’s online experience, it does not make the internet safe. Rather, it is intended to give parents choices about how their kids use the internet, and encourage conversations about internet use.”
5. Phone by Google
“Google’s official phone calling app is now available to download for the first time. Phone helps you easily connect with family and friends, block spam callers, and know who’s calling before you answer – all with a simple, intuitive design.
Powerful spam protection
See warnings about suspicious callers that help you avoid unwanted calls from spammers, telemarketers and scammers. Block numbers to prevent them from calling you again.
Know who’s calling you
Google’s extensive caller ID coverage lets you know the business that’s calling so that you can answer with confidence.
No more waiting on hold 1, 5
Hold for Me lets you go back to your day. If a business puts you on hold, Google Assistant can wait on the line for you and let you know when someone is ready to talk.
Screen unknown callers 1, 2
Call Screen answers unknown callers, filters out detected spammers without interrupting you, and helps you learn more about callers you don’t recognize before you pick up.
Visual voicemail 1, 3
Check your messages without needing to call your voicemail – view and play them in any order, read transcriptions, and delete or save them right from the app.
Call recording 1
Record your phone calls to capture important information for reference later. Everyone hears a disclosure when the recording starts so they’re aware, and recordings are saved on your phone.
Our simple, lightweight design keeps your favorite people just a tap away. Plus, switch to dark mode to save battery and reduce eye strain at night.
Emergency support 1, 4
See your current location when you make an emergency call, and share information about the assistance you require, along with your location, to the emergency operator without speaking.
Phone app is available on most Android devices running Android™ 7.0 and above.
1Available only on some devices that have Phone pre-installed.
2Manual screening is not available in all languages or countries. For more information, see g.co/help/callscreen. Automatic screening is available in the US only, English only. Call Screen may not detect all spam calls.
3Transcription is available in the US only, English only.
4Available in Australia, United Kingdom and the US only, English only.
5Available in the US only, English only. Pixel 2+ devices only. Toll-free numbers only. May not detect every on-hold scenario.”
6. Lynket Browser (previously Chromer)
Lynket slides over the website on top of your apps, enabling you to transition into the website seamlessly. Even if you navigate multiple times, you can always press X to quickly return to the app where you left.
🏆 15 best Android browsers of 2018. -Android Authority
🏆 Chromer gives every app its own custom internal browser. -Phandroid
🏆 Chromer opens all of your links in a Chrome Custom Tab. -AndroidPolice
🔵 Lynket works with any browser that implements the Custom Tab protocol. It also inherits the browser’s behavior such as tracking protection, shared login info, bookmark sync etc.
🔵 Web Heads – Lynket loads links in floating bubbles and in background.
🔵 Article Mode – Grabs only the content of web pages and presents them in a neat interface.
🔵 AMP – Lynket can find AMP version of page before loading, which can be faster on mobile.
🔵 Per app settings – Configure incognito mode and secondary browser for apps individually.
🔵 Minimize and Tabs – Multitask efficiently using Android’s Recents screen.
🌟 Secondary browser
🌟 Favorite sharing app
🌟 Dynamic toolbar color
🌟 Search suggestions
🌟 Use Overview screen to multitask
Lynket’s implementation of floating bubbles and background loading is vastly superior to other floating browsers due to use of Custom Tabs. It does not hog memory in RAM and respects Android™ Lifecycle.
Lynket is free and fully open source!
Your suggestions are most welcome, please find way to send feedback in app. Please rate the app if you like it.😃”