If you are looking for the Best Piano Tuning App Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Piano Tuning App Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Piano Tuning App Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Piano Tuning App Android
1. PianoMeter – Professional Piano Tuner
The “free” version of this app is primarily for evaluation, and it only allows you to tune notes on the piano between C3 and C5. To tune the entire piano you will need to buy an upgrade through an in-app purchase.
What makes PianoMeter unique
Unlike regular chromatic tuning apps that simply tune to a pre-calculated equal temperament, this app actively measures the tonal characteristics of each note and automatically calculates the ideal “stretch” or offset from equal temperament. In other words, it creates a custom tuning for your piano with the best compromise between intervals like fifths, fourths, octaves, and twelfths, the way aural piano tuners do when fine-tuning.
Functionality and pricing
There are three levels of functionality: a free (evaluation) version, a paid “plus” version with basic tuning functionality, and a “professional” version with features geared towards professional piano tuners. The extra functionality is unlocked through one-time in-app purchases.
The Free version includes the following functionality:
• Tuning functionality for the mid-range of the piano only
• Automatic note detection
• Ability to measure each note on the piano to see how its current tuning compares to the ideal tuning curve (see if a piano is roughly in tune)
• Swipe in the graphing area to show a live frequency spectrum or the inharmonicity of measured notes.
Upgrading to “Plus” adds the following functionality:
• Tuning functionality for the entire piano
• Tune to frequency standards other than A=440
• Tune to historical or custom temperaments
• Calibrate device to an external frequency source
Upgrading to Professional unlocks all features of the “Plus” version, plus the following:
• Save and load tuning files, so a piano doesn’t need to be re-measured each time it is tuned
• Pitch raise mode that calculates overpull for an initial first pass “rough” tuning (for pianos that are extremely flat)
• Custom tuning styles: create a custom tuning curve by adjusting interval weighting and stretch
• Access to all future features and enhancements
Free to Plus (approximately US$25)
Free to Pro (approximately US$300)
Plus to Pro (approximately US$275)
Note about permissions
This app requires permission to access the microphone on your device and permission to read and write files.”
2. Pano Tuner – Chromatic Tuner
Get your guitar tuned just in a few seconds. Never struggle with your tuner being out of battery!
Pano Tuner listens to the sound you make and shows you the pitch. You can tune your instrument accurately by looking at the offset from the pitch that you want to tune to.
<< Features >>
☆ Quick and sensitive response
Just try this app now and see how quick and sensitive it is to your sound.
★ Wide range of pitch sensor
This app is a chromatic tuner. It follows any pitch your instrument can make. Bring any of your instruments – guitars, upright basses, trumpets and piccolos.
Note: Because of the differences between the microphone specifications among android devices, the sensor range can vary.
– Adjust the concert-A frequency to make your instrument in harmony with your band.
– Change the sensitivity to tune your instrument more accurately.
– Use non-standard tunings to make your own harmony. Pythagorean, Just intonation, 1/4-comma mean tone and more temperaments are ready for you. You can add your own temperaments to make your chords more in consonance. Note: this is the full version feature and you can use after upgrade.”
3. Tuner – gStrings
It will let you tune any musical instrument (violin, viola, violoncello, bass, guitar, piano, wind instruments, your own voice/singing).
1. multiple built-in instruments and tunings,
2. support for user-defined custom tunings,
3. a long list of built-in temperaments (just, pythagorean, meantone, comma, etc.),
4. support for user-defined custom temperaments,
5. orchestra tuning (shifting/redefining tone frequencies),
6. pitch pipe,
and many more.
If you were looking for a guitar tuner, try it!
(*) the INTERNET permission is used for ads only.
(**) most of the historic temperaments were included courtesy of NetCat AG.”