If you are looking for the Best Piano Tuning App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Piano Tuning App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Piano Tuning App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Piano Tuning App iPhone
1. Entropy Piano Tuner
Tune your piano by a new method based on entropy minimization which
takes the individual characteristics of your instrument into account.
The tuning is carried out in three steps:
– Record subsequently all keys of your piano.
– Compute the optimal tuning automatically.
– Use the integrated electronic tuner to tune your piano.
Piano tuning requires sophisticated skills. Please read the user manual before starting.
2. “Piano Companion: Chords,Scales”
“Piano Companion is a music theory app which helps songwriters, producers, teachers and their students. It’s a flexible piano chords and scales dictionary with user libraries, reverse mode, the circle of 5ths, chord progression builder with common patterns. If you can’t remember the name of a piano chord or scale, this app helps you to find it by keys or using your external MIDI keyboard. For example, just press C, G and you will get C Major as the first piano chord in the search result. If you don’t see a piano chord or a specific scale, you can create a custom piano chord or scale and use it for chord charts or your user library.
The Piano Companion app shows chord and scale notes on the grand staff, degrees, relative scales, intervals, fingering for both hands in major and minor scales – and you can contribute your own custom fingering too. You can practice scales in different keys and clefs, practice progressions. Additionally, you can listen to how a scale or chord sounds in the loop or arpeggiated. You can see the list of compatible chords in the selected scale or list of compatible scales for a selected chord.
The app helps you to compose, practice progressions and experiment with different chord progressions using our Chord Progression Builder with relative or common chords.
– 1500+ piano chords, up to 6th inversions such as major, minor, diminished, augmented, sevenths, etc.
– 10,000+ scales, such as Ionian (major), Aeolian (minor), Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Locrian, Harmonic minor, Melodic Minor, chromatic, pentatonic, blues, etc.
– Chord Progression builder with scale patterns (chord sequencer)
– Interactive Circle of Fifths with grand staff and relative scales
– Ability to input your own custom chords and organize your own chord charts and library
– External MIDI keyboard support for reverse mode
– MIDI output with the ability to connect your favorite DAW (Ableton, Garage Band, etc.) with Piano Companion
– List of available chords in Circle of Fifths, practice common chords.
– Popular key notations: English, Italian, German, Japanese, Russian, etc.
– Shows chord and scale in different octaves on the grand staff with treble and bass clef
– Analytical labels: Secondary Dominant and Secondary Leading-Tone
– Common degrees: Tonic, Supertonic, Mediant, Subdominant, Dominant, Submediant, Leading tone (in Major scale) / Subtonic (in Natural Minor Scale)
– Displays compatible chords’ scales
– Ability to create custom chords or modify existing ones
– Audio support: the ability to play a chord in the loop or arpeggio; ability to play a scale in the loop
– Arpeggio in the chord progressions
– Relative chords in chord progressions
– You can create your own scale fingering and have the ability to use community scale fingerings
– Custom chord libraries and chord charts
– Ability to create favorite scales
– Chord Intervals: Unison, Perfect Fifth, Major Third, Minor Third, etc.
Has 1 year subscription for $1.99.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided. Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Follow us on
Have questions? Community forum: http://forums.songtive.com or contact us at: email@example.com”
3. Piano Tuner(Home Edition)
“This is the world’s first piano tuner that can accurately and stably detect the full-range 88-key pitch deviation. With the impact piano tuning lever, the piano tuning will become very simple and efficient.
The app is relatively low cost. If you have one or two pianos and want to tune them by yourself, this app is the right choose. If you tune more pianos, the developer’s Piano Tuner Pro Edition app is more suitable.
By the free app, you can detect the piano tuning curve, tune all C and A keys except A4 key, and experience the product actually. In addition, when a tuning curve has been detected, you can evaluate simply how much your piano is out of tune.
After the in app purchase, you can detect all notes for tuning a piano.
The Home edition app can store one tuning curve for each piano. You can detect tuning curve any times within 90 days of purchase. After that, every 90 days you can re detect tuning curve only one time. If the piano strings are not replaced, there is no need to re detect a tuning curve.
More than 0.1 cents detection accuracy.
The Unisons Tuning mode can further help piano tuning DIY.
The Full Range mode can reliably recognize the full range pitch of the piano and simplify the operation.±6 Semitone mode is relatively faster and has better anti-jamming ability, can adapt to the sound quality is not good and the noise environment. The Manual mode has the strongest anti-interference ability and the fastest response speed.
The tuning curve can be automatically estimated with just a few keys detected.
It is more direct and accurate to display the deviation value by numerical figure. This makes there no need to keep a close eye on the display screen when a piano key is struck, and the app will keep to display the detecting result after the end of the tone.
Detection is fast and reliable. When detecting bass tone, it is only about 3/4 seconds to start showing the results. The treble tone even if the time is very short, can be accurately detected.
Can indicate whether there is a significant beat interference.
Only built-in microphone supported.”
4. PianoMeter – Piano Tuner
The “free” version of this app is primarily for evaluation, and it only allows you to tune notes on the piano between C3 and C5. To tune the entire piano you will need to buy an upgrade through an in-app purchase.
What makes PianoMeter unique
Unlike regular chromatic tuning apps that simply tune to a pre-calculated equal temperament, this app actively measures the tonal characteristics of each note and automatically calculates the ideal “stretch” or offset from equal temperament. In other words, it creates a custom tuning for your piano with the best compromise between intervals like fifths, fourths, octaves, and twelfths, the way aural piano tuners do when fine-tuning.
Functionality and pricing
There are three levels of functionality: a free (evaluation) version, a paid “plus” version with basic tuning functionality, and a “professional” version with features geared towards professional piano tuners. The extra functionality is unlocked through one-time in-app purchases.
The Free version includes the following functionality:
• Tuning functionality for the mid-range of the piano only
• Automatic note detection
• Ability to measure each note on the piano to see how its current tuning compares to the ideal tuning curve (see if a piano is roughly in tune)
• Swipe in the graphing area to show a live frequency spectrum or the inharmonicity of measured notes.
Upgrading to “Plus” adds the following functionality:
• Tuning functionality for the entire piano
• Tune to frequency standards other than A=440
• Tune to historical or custom temperaments
• Calibrate device to an external frequency source
Upgrading to Professional unlocks all features of the “Plus” version, plus the following:
• Save and load tuning files, so a piano doesn’t need to be re-measured each time it is tuned
• Pitch raise mode that calculates overpull for an initial first pass “rough” tuning (for pianos that are extremely flat)
• Custom tuning styles: create a custom tuning curve by adjusting interval weighting and stretch
• Access to all future features and enhancements
Free to Plus (approximately US$25)
Free to Pro (approximately US$300)
Note about permissions
This app requires permission to access the microphone on your device and permission to read and write files.”
5. TuneLab Piano Tuner
“Do not buy this app unless you are a professional piano technician. This is a professional tool that produces a custom piano tuning for any piano. It is part of our popular TuneLab line of piano tuning programs for smartphones, tablet computers, and laptops which piano technicians have been using sine 2001.
* Capable of an accuracy to 0.02 cents.
* Measures and uses inharmonicity of the piano to construct a custom tuning.
* Provides an over-pull mode for more accurate pitch-raises.
* Can store hundreds of tuning files for individual pianos.
* Tuning files can be stored locally and in the Cloud on Dropbox.
* Provides many historical temperaments for period music.
* Switches notes automatically when you play the next note.
* Provides a strobe-like Phase Display for fine-tuning.
* Provides a versatile frequency spectrum display.
TuneLab lets you customize a tuning by sampling the inharmonicity for a few notes of the particular piano. You can choose the kind of tuning stretch you want, based on octaves, 12ths, double-octaves, or other intervals. Good defaults are in place if you are not sure which settings you prefer. Then you start tuning.
After a custom tuning has been created from inharmonicity measurements you can store this tuning by name. The next time you need to tune that piano, or one very much like it, you simply load that same tuning file and start tuning. There is essentially no limit to the number of tuning files that you can store. TuneLab comes with some sample tuning files and an “Average” tuning file so you can start tuning right away without bothering to measure inharmonicity.
TuneLab covers the normal piano range from A0 to C8 (88 notes). The automatic note-switching feature makes it possible to enjoy hands-free operation. There is also easy one-touch manual note switching.
TuneLab has two different displays that are visible at the same time. One is the Phase Display. This is a band where black squares move left or right. The object in tuning is to make the squares stop moving. The other is a Spectrum Display. This is a graph that shows a peak in the audio frequency spectrum for every pitch present in the sound. The object here is to tune so as to place the peak in the graph at a central red line. The spectrum display makes it possible to do rough tuning without mutes, since each string of a unison produces its own peak in the graph. Having both the Phase Display and the Spectrum Display visible at the same time gives you a more complete picture of the tuning than any single spinner-type or needle-type display.”
This app plays perfectly tuned notes for you to match your pitch to. The sounds are both real audio and sine wave form. We’re also proud to announce that Tuner+ is now supports full VoiceOver Accessibility.
This app does NOT analyze the notes of your instrument to tell you if you are sharp or flat. It is just a quick way to get reference notes for ear tuning in any key.