If you are looking for the Best Plant Identification App 2021 For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Plant Identification App 2021 For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Plant Identification App 2021 For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Plant Identification App 2021 For iPhone
1. LeafSnap-Plant Identification
“When you discover a beautiful wildflower or unusual-looking shrub, and you struggle to discern its genus. Instead of wasting time trawling through websites or asking your gardener friends, why not simply take a snap and have an app do the work for you?
Plant Identification can currently recognize 90% of all known species of plants and trees, covering most of the species you will encounter in every country on Earth.
– Free and unlimited snap
– Instantly Identify thousands of plants, flowers, fruits, and trees
– Learn more about plants, including beautiful pictures around the world
– Quickly identify plants, flowers, trees, and more. Have instant access to a huge Plant Database that constantly learns and adds information on new plant species.
– Create custom collections
– Manage reminders with ease: track your today’s and upcoming tasks.
– Care calendar
Download Leafsnap and enjoy identifying flowers, trees, fruits, and plants on the go!
Additional Subscription Information
You can subscribe to a monthly or yearly subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable.
2. PictureThis – Plant Identifier
“PictureThis® identifies 1,000,000+ plants every day with 98% accuracy-better than most human experts. Get your gardening questions answered and become a “green thumb” with the plant identification power of PictureThis!
Encounter a beautiful, unknown plant during your walk?
Want to inspire your children?
Need advice on how to care for your plants?
Simply take a photo of the plant and PictureThis will complete a plant identification to answer all your questions about it!
Our revolutionary plant identification engine is constantly learning from experts and specialists – and now it’s all at your fingertips. Simply discover plants around you, take a quick photo, complete the plant identification, and discover a new appreciation for nature.
– Identify plants, flowers, and trees instantly with an AI-driven plant identification system
– Diagnose plant problems automatically and get treatment suggestions
– Get advice from our botanists in one-on-one conversations
– Use our plant guides to help you choose and grow beautiful, healthy plants
– Keep notes, get reminders, and record the growth of your plants, trees, and flowers
– Take better photographs with our easy-to-use interface
PictureThis has been featured on the App Store in over 100 countries.
“Very impressed. While not perfect, it can distinguish with high accuracy between different species in our collection of rare plants. It can even recognize down to cultivar sometimes-amazing. Amazed how it can work with any photo and it will give recognition a go-with impressive accuracy.”
-San Fran Today
Simple and Easy
“I am very pleased with this app. I used three others before breaking down to use the PictureThis app and I have to say it is a lot more convenient and accommodating than the others.”
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• The account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user, and auto-renewal may be turned off, by going to iTunes Subscriptions after purchase
CONNECT WITH US
3. Plant Identification ++
“Identify plants in a snap. Take a picture with iPhone’s camera, or pick a photo from your library, then we’ll use advanced machine learning algorithm to identify the plant in the picture. It’s convenient and fast!
Whether you’re working in your garden, or hiking on the sunny days; whenever you want to figure out what’s the name and details of a beautiful flower or an unknown grass, simply use this app to take a picture, and we’ll tell you the details instantly. It is very convenient for the curious minds, or people who want to decorate their own gardens with a specific plant.
– Instantly identify tens of thousands of plants, flowers, trees, leaves
– Powered by advanced artificial intelligence
– A large database of plants
– Great for gardening fans and horticulture specialists
– Super simple interface, easy-to-use for anyone
– Suggest a list of possible plants based on your photo
– Show details about a plant
– Check your identification history at any time
– Share your picture with plant details to your friends
– A community for plant lovers
– Plant care tips
– You can subscribe for premium features from inside the app; subscriptions are billed monthly or annually at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan.
– Alternatively a one-time payment plan is available (this is not a subscription).
– Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscriptions will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of current period.
– Your account will be charged according to your plan for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
– You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID account settings at any time after purchase:
Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store;
Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen;
Tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in or use Touch ID;
Tap the subscription you want to manage;
Use the options to manage your subscription.
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
Connect with us:
Plantifier is a free crowdsourced plant recognition tool. It allows you to upload a photo of an unknown plant. The users of the MyGarden.org community behind it will try to recognize it as soon as possible and give you an answer to your question ! Easy and free of charge !
Check also the web version via http://www.plantifier.com
“Pl@ntNet is an application that allows you to identify plants simply by photographing them with your smartphone. Very useful when you don’t have a botanist on hand! Pl@ntNet is also a great citizen science project: all the plants you photograph are collected and analysed by scientists around the world to better understand the evolution of plant biodiversity and to better preserve it.
Pl@ntNet allows you to identify and better understand all kinds of plants living in nature: flowering plants, trees, grasses, conifers, ferns, vines, wild salads or cacti. Pl@ntNet can also identify a large number of cultivated plants (in parks and gardens) but this is not its primary purpose. We especially need Pl@ntNet’s users to inventory the wild plants, those that you can observe in nature of course but also those that grow on the sidewalks of our cities or in the middle of your vegetable garden!
The more visual information you give to Pl@ntNet about the plant you are observing, the more accurate the identification will be. There are indeed many plants that look alike from afar and it is sometimes small details that distinguish two species of the same genus. Flowers, fruits and leaves are the most characteristic organs of a species and it is them that should be photographed first. But any other detail can be useful, such as thorns, buds or hair on the stem. A photograph of the whole plant (or the tree if it is one!) is also very useful information, but it is often not sufficient to allow a reliable identification.
At present Pl@ntNet makes it possible to recognize about 20,000 species. We are still a long way from the 360,000 species living on earth, but Pl@ntNet is getting richer every day thanks to the contributions of the most experienced users among you. Don’t be afraid to contribute yourself! Your observation will be reviewed by the community and may one day join the photo gallery illustrating the species in the application.
The new version of Pl@ntNet released in January 2019 includes many improvements and new features:
-The ability to filter recognized species by genus or family.
-The differentiated data revision that gives more weight to users who have demonstrated the most skills (in particular the number of species observed, validated by the community).
-The re-identification of shared observations, whether yours or those of other users of the application.
-The multi-flora identification that allows you to search for the photographed plant in all the flora of the application and not only in the one you have selected. Very useful when you are not sure what flora to look for.
-The selection of your favorite floras to access them more quickly.
-The navigation at different taxonomic levels in image galleries.
-The mapping of your observations.
-Links to many factsheets.
The web version of the application is also available at the following address: https://identify.plantnet.org/”
6. PlantSnap – identify plants
PlantSnap now teaches you how to grow and care for your plants. We have added gardening tips and advice for thousands of plant species.
With the PlantSnappers Community, you connect with more than 50 million nature lovers in over 200 countries! Share photos and favorite discoveries with your friends, view photos and posts of rare plants, flowers, trees, succulents, leaves, cacti, air plant and mushrooms from around the world and share gardening tips. Only with the PlantSnap plant identifier you can connect with nature and the world.
We want to plant 100 million trees in 2021. Do you want to help us? PlantSnap plants a tree for each person who downloads the app and becomes a registered user.
Do you know those flowers you like, but don’t know the name? Are you looking for an indoor plant? An orchid? A philodendron hope? Or a cacti? An exotic flower
PlantSnap gives you all the information you need. The PlantSnap plant identifier makes it much easier to find out! Just take a picture using the app and our database will find all the information about it.
After identifying plants, you will have information about its taxonomy and a complete description about the plant, orchid, indoor plant, ornamental plant, exotic flower and more. PlantSnap also tells you how to care for and grow plants.
But if you already know the name of the plant, flower, cactus, leaf, ornamental plant, tree, orchid, indoor plant, exotic flower and want to know more about it, at PlantSnap you can too! Just use our “Search” function to find information and curiosities about more than 600,000 species of flowers, leaves, trees, succulents, cacti, mushrooms and more.
With the “Explore” function, you can use our SnapMap to find identified plants anywhere on the planet. See the anonymous photos taken with PlantSnap and discover the different species of flowers, leaves, trees, mushrooms and cacti spread around the world! Learn how to take care of your plants: philodendron hope, orchid, air plant, carnivorous plant, exotic flower and more.
Have all your discoveries gathered in one place and access whenever you want in a very easy way. Create your own library of flowers, mushrooms, and trees!
All photos saved in your collection are also available on the web. So you can explore nature with your cell phone and take a closer look at every detail of the plants later on your computer.
With the PlantSnap plant identifier, you can also zoom in on the photos to see every detail of the flowers, leaves, indoor plant, mushroom, cacti, ornamental plant, carnivorous plant, and succulents identified around the world. Experience our augmented reality technology!
Thinking of walking in the park or in a garden? How about making the walk much more fun and educational? Photograph the different plants you find along the way, be they flowers, mushrooms, leaves, cacti or succulents, and find out all the information about them in our plant identifier!
In addition to discovering different types of vegetables, you can also create your own library with all the flowers, leaves, mushrooms, cacti, carnivorous plant and succulents you can find. How many can you collect?
PlantSnap, identifying plants has never been so easy and fun!
• PlantSnap automatically tells you when a plant is framed well
• Tap the screen where the flower is highlighted for the most accurate results
• PlantSnap tells you how to grow and care for your plants with detailed instructions
• Our database is global and our results are instantaneous. There are currently over 600,000 plants, trees and mushrooms species in our worldwide database
• Our algorithm is retrained and improved every month using the millions of anonymous images taken by our users every day.
Start PlantSnapping today and help us help the Earth!”