If you are looking for the Best Plant Identification App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Plant Identification App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Plant Identification App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Plant Identification App For Android
Plantifier is a free community based plant image recognition app. It allows you to upload a photo of an unknown plant. The users of the MyGarden.org community behind this free tool will try to recognise the plant photo as soon as possible and give you an answer to your question!
Also try out our web based version via http://www.plantifier.com
Already more than 200.000 people have uploaded a photo of an unknown plant for recognition !
2. PlantNet Plant Identification
“Pl@ntNet is an application that allows you to identify plants simply by photographing them with your smartphone. Very useful when you don’t have a botanist on hand! Pl@ntNet is also a great citizen science project: all the plants you photograph are collected and analysed by scientists around the world to better understand the evolution of plant biodiversity and to better preserve it.
Pl@ntNet allows you to identify and better understand all kinds of plants living in nature: flowering plants, trees, grasses, conifers, ferns, vines, wild salads or cacti. Pl@ntNet can also identify a large number of cultivated plants (in parks and gardens) but this is not its primary purpose. We especially need Pl@ntNet’s users to inventory the wild plants, those that you can observe in nature of course but also those that grow on the sidewalks of our cities or in the middle of your vegetable garden!
The more visual information you give to Pl@ntNet about the plant you are observing, the more accurate the identification will be. There are indeed many plants that look alike from afar and it is sometimes small details that distinguish two species of the same genus. Flowers, fruits and leaves are the most characteristic organs of a species and it is them that should be photographed first. But any other detail can be useful, such as thorns, buds or hair on the stem. A photograph of the whole plant (or the tree if it is one!) is also very useful information, but it is often not sufficient to allow a reliable identification.
At present Pl@ntNet makes it possible to recognize about 20,000 species. We are still a long way from the 360,000 species living on earth, but Pl@ntNet is getting richer every day thanks to the contributions of the most experienced users among you. Don’t be afraid to contribute yourself! Your observation will be reviewed by the community and may one day join the photo gallery illustrating the species in the application.
The new version of Pl@ntNet released in January 2019 includes many improvements and new features:
– The ability to filter recognized species by genus or family.
– The differentiated data revision that gives more weight to users who have demonstrated the most skills (in particular the number of species observed, validated by the community).
– The re-identification of shared observations, whether yours or those of other users of the application.
– The multi-flora identification that allows you to search for the photographed plant in all the flora of the application and not only in the one you have selected. Very useful when you are not sure what flora to look for.
– The selection of your favorite floras to access them more quickly.
– The navigation at different taxonomic levels in image galleries.
– The mapping of your observations.
– Links to many factsheets.
The web version of the application is also available at the following address: https://identify.plantnet.org/”
3. PictureThis – Plant Identifier
PictureThis helps more than 70,000,000 users identify, learn, and enjoy all kinds of plants: flowers, trees, succulents, cacti and more!
When you take a walk during sunny days, have you ever come across a beautiful flower you would know more about? When you’re doing gardening work, have you ever needed tips on plant caring? Simply take a photo of the plant, PictureThis answers all the questions for you.
PictureThis is capable of identifying 17,000+ plant species with accuracy of 98%, better than most human experts. With revolutionary artificial intelligence engine, it’s constantly learning from experts and specialists, identify more and better everyday. And now it’s all at your fingertips! Picture this plant, and enjoy!
– Instantly identify thousands of plants, flowers, and trees with advanced artificial intelligence
– Learn about plants and discover beautiful plant pictures taken by our users around the world
– Get suggestions and advice from a network of friendly horticulture specialists
–Plant care tips and water reminders, help you better grow your lovely plants
– Easy-to-use interface with friendly guides, help you get the best photo
– Quickly and easily share your photos with a growing community of plant lovers
– Keep track of all the plants, trees, and flowers you identify in your own personal collection
PictureThis team hopes to build a vibrant community for plant lovers and help more people know more about plants.
CONNECT WITH US