If you are looking for the Best Private Browsing App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Private Browsing App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Private Browsing App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Private Browsing App For iPhone
1. Brave Private Web Browser
Introducing Brave Search for 100% search privacy! Brave Search is the world’s most complete, independent, private search engine. It is built on top of a completely independent index, and doesn’t track you, your searches, or clicks.
NEW: Brave Playlist! Make a playlist of the content you love. Add almost any media and play anytime, anywhere. Even offline. It now works with Apple CarPlay so you can play your favorite content while driving.
Set Brave as your default browser! Select Settings – scroll down to select Brave – select Brave as the Default Browser App.
FAST & SECURE BROWSER
No external plugins or settings to configure! Get protected from ads infected with malware. Brave simply provides the fastest, most secure private browsing experience available.
BATTERY & DATA OPTIMIZATION
Brave reduces page loading time, improves performance, and guards from ads infected with malware. Brave is proven to have a 2x to 8x speed increase on iOS, reducing both battery and data consumption.
Be protected with leading privacy and security features such as HTTPS Everywhere (encrypted data traffic), script blocking, cookie blocking, and private incognito tabs. All other browsers fall short of the level of privacy and security protection that Brave provides.
Reasons you’ll love Brave:
* NEW: Brave Playlist. Add media and play anytime, anywhere. Even offline.
* Built-in 3rd party Ad-Block
* Pop-up blocker
* Saves battery and data
* Tracking protection
* HTTPS everywhere (for security)
* Script blocking
* Browsing history
* Private and recent tabs
* Private VPN
FIREWALL + VPN Pricing
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Subscriptions are offered for either 1 month ($9.99) or 1-year ($99.99) periods, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. You can manage your subscription in Account Settings after purchase. Free trials may only be used once. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription.
Our mission is to save the web by making a safe, fast and private browser while growing ad revenue for content creators. Brave aims to transform the online ad ecosystem with micropayments and a new revenue-sharing solution to give users and publishers a better deal, where safe, fast browsing is the path to a brighter future for the open web.
To learn more about Brave, visit https://www.brave.com
Questions/support? Email us at https://brave.com/msupport. We love hearing from you.
Enjoying the app? Please leave us a 5 stars review!
2. DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser
DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser has the speed you need, the browsing features you expect (like tabs & bookmarks), and comes packed with best-in-class privacy essentials:
• Tap Fire Button, Burn Data — clear all your tabs and browsing data with one tap.
• Escape Online Tracking — automatically block hidden third-party trackers we can find lurking on websites you visit, which stops the companies behind those trackers from collecting and selling your data.
• Search Privately — our private search engine comes built-in so you can search the Internet without being tracked.
• Enforce Encryption — force sites to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes, like from unwanted snoopers and Internet service providers.
• Decode Privacy — each site you visit gets a Privacy Grade (A-F) so you can see how protected you are at a glance, and you can even dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference With GPC — built into the browser, Global Privacy Control (GPC) intends to help you express your legal opt-out rights automatically. This will tell websites not to sell or share your personal information under future legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR) in various states or countries.
• Limit Access — secure your browser with Touch ID or Face ID.
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
Device Privacy: https://spreadprivacy.com/tag/device-privacy-tips/
Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
Open Source: https://github.com/duckduckgo/iOS”
3. Onion Browser
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” – The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Browse the internet over Tor:
– Protect your privacy from website tracking
– Secure your traffic from insecure wireless networks and ISPs
– Support for HTTPS Everywhere, an automatic switch to HTTPS enabled websites
– Access .onion sites that are only accessible over Tor.
• Fight online tracking: block scripts and automatically clear cookies and tabs, based on your preferences.
• And more privacy-enhancing features!
– Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser or a VPN because your traffic is encrypted and relayed through the Tor network.
– Multimedia often bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are blocked by default and are not supported by Onion Browser.
– Onion Browser might not work on networks with advanced network restrictions. If the app does not connect, try using bridges (or a different type of bridge), force-quit, and then restart the app.
– Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; remember that sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device.
** Onion Browser is free and open-source software. You can read more about Onion Browser and how to support development of Tor on iOS by visiting onionbrowser.com **”
4. Private Browser – Surf Safe
If you want to browse the Internet fast on your iPhone and iPad with all advantages of anonymity, security and data protection with proxy technology over VPN servers, download Private Browser.
Private Browser – is a revolutionary web surfing solution with unique easy-to-use UI. It uses powerful methods of encryption, ensuring 100% of online security. All of your web activity will be safe and hidden from the prying eyes.
Featuring online protection, Private Browser is about secure and anonymous web surfing experience. This application is based on exclusive technology from KeepSolid Inc. Private Browser allows secure online surfing activity and is supported by the use of a variety of encryption methods.
There are no other equivalents of the browser available today on the market. It utilizes only secure connection, which greatly contributes to user’s online safety. As a reliable privacy tool, you can select a server in any country from our list and hide your actual location.
Private Browser is the best alternative for Chrome, Mercury, Firefox, Opera.
1. Browser Protection with the use of powerful encryption methods
2. Easy global server selection
3. Local security
4. Individual application access
1. Pattern Lock
2. Pass Code Availability
4. Touch ID
1. Choose Your Own Server
2. Anonymous Internet Surfing
3. Fast connection speed
4. Output/Input data encryption
5. Standard mode and improved security mode
6. Clear-all-browsing-data feature
1. Convenient & fast tab scroll
2. Visible & Hidden IP on a Map
3. User-Friendly Design
4. Fast Adapting
1. Open more than 25 tabs simultaneously
2. Basic authorization
3. Google Default Search Engine
1. Bookmark menu (iPhone, iPad)
2. Add, move, delete bookmarks and folders
3. Create new bookmark folders
Private Browser is free to download and try for 7 days. We offer 2 auto-renewing subscription options:
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
5. Private Browser Deluxe
“PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS
Browse your favorite websites and download files direct to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Fast web browser also includes viewers for popular file formats like Microsoft Word, PDF, and more. Secure your free browser and download history with a passcode or Touch ID!
– Supports tabs, bookmarks, private browsing, and Google search
– Private anonymous browsing
– Shows a list of possible downloads for each web page
– Change the user-agent to request desktop sites
– View your complete browser history
– Powerful download manager
– Download in the background (10 min. maximum for iOS)
– Pause and resume downloads instantly
– Works over Wi-Fi or cellular connections
POWER FILE MANAGEMENT
– Secure vault files with passcode or Touch ID
– Create folders and subfolders for your downloads
– Sort, move, rename, and delete files easily
– View common file and image formats with our built-in viewer
– Share via AirDrop or open files in other apps on your device
Need help or have a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web site: http://fairy-tools.com”
6. Private Browsing Web Browser
• COMPLETE PRIVATE BROWSING
• FULL SCREEN (13% MORE VIEWING AREA)
• FASTER NO FRILLS
How it works:
– History, Cookies, Cache, All completely deleted when you exit the app. No one will know where you’ve been.
– Uses EVERY SINGLE PIXEL available to show websites in BEAUTIFUL FULL SCREEN! That’s 13% more viewing area than standard Safari! Thanks to hiding of Status bars and auto hiding of all navigation controls when required.
– Same back end safari browsing engine which means maximum speed, security, and reliability. Familiar Interface.
In addition this app is COMPLETELY FREE and works on iPhone, iPod and iPad! so get it now and start browsing those websites in beautiful full screen without worrying about family members snooping your history!
Some other features and Details:
– Portrait and Landscape mode support.
– Orientation Locking Support for iPad.
– Similar UI to Safari.
– Hidden status bar to make more space.
– Overlay controls to maximise screen real-estate.
– Safari based backend engine.
– Lightning fast startup and shutdown.
– Always starts in Google, Yahoo or Bing search homepage.
– No auto suggest or auto-fill in.
– Very discrete icon and presentation.
– Completely FREE (and no annoying ads bar!)
– Dark Mode support.
– Tiny download so you can get it quickly.
7. Red Onion – Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet
“Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
– Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
– Websites do not see your real IP address
– Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
– Auto clean up of cookies on exit
– Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
– Access websites on the “dark net” of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
– Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
– Supports Do Not Track
– Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry’s
– Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
– Search engine integration in the Address bar
– Share URL’s via Twitter, Mail, Google+
– Search in the webpage
– Download files by just tapping the link or “long press” the link to Force Download it
– Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads – default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
– User-Agent spoofing
– Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
– Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
– File Manager – Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or “Open in…” others app on your device.
– Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
– Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
– Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
– Robust File Manager
– m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
– Download m3u8 streams
– (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
– Playlist Manager
– Dynamically updating adblocker
– (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
– (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
– (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
– (NEW!) Text Editor
– Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
– This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.”