If you are looking for the Best Radar App For Androidreddit to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 3 Best Radar App For Androidreddit that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 3 Best Radar App For Androidreddit, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
3 Best Radar App For Androidreddit
“wX is a free, no-ads, and open-source ( GNU GPLv3 ) advanced weather application that is geared towards storm chasers, meteorologists, and weather enthusiasts. NWS ( National Weather Service ) data is optimized for mobile format and provided for divisions not normally covered together in the mobile space: SPC, WPC, NHC, OPC, etc. Level 3 and Level 2 Nexrad radar ( single, dual, quad pane ) are provided and displayed using the mobile variant of OpenGL. This weather app is not affiliated with NOAA or the National Weather Service.
If you *only* need current conditions and your local 7 day forecast then this app is probably more then you need although it will easily provide those 2 things as well. If you are looking for wasted screen real estate or fancy graphics this app is not for you. Given the depth of information covered there is a steep learning curve if you seek to use the program in it’s entirety, help information is available and touched on below. Common weather acronyms are used throughout so you should be familiar with those as well. Currently United States locations are supported.
HELP is available from the main menu and by tapping on any text in the settings activities.
– Current forecast, 7 day conditions, sounding data for an unlimited number of locations from NWS.
– Customizable home screen
– (Android only) Tiles can be rearranged by long press and then drag and drop on Tabs: SPC, MISC, and IMAGES
– OpenGL based Nexrad radar interface with numerous options. Level 2 in the lowest tilt for base reflectivity/velocity is also available. 2 pane and 4 pane version also available in MISC tab.
– Optimized text product viewer for easy access to AFD,HWO and others from any NWS WFO.
– Vis/IR/WV/Radar mosaic viewer ( with animations ).
– Widgets ( nexrad radar, radar mosaic, vis, afd/hwo )
– SPC products ( such as Watches/MCDs/Convective Outlooks/Mesoanalysis )
– WPC products
– Weather models
– NHC products
(Android only) Notifications:
– Local alerts
– MCDs impacting your location
– MPDs impacting your location
– Convective outlooks for your location
– US MCD/Watches
– US tornadoes
– US MCD
– US MPD
– NHC Atlantic and EPAC advisories
Requirements: Android 4.1 or higher with 1GB of memory at a minimum ( recommended ).
Access required: App needs access to Your Location, Network Communication, Systems tools ( run at start-up for alerts ).
This app is licensed under the following license available online at ( and in source code zip):
Source code at:
Release notes at:
2. Weather & Widget – Weawow
“Weawow is a free (and ad-free) weather app enhanced by beautiful weather-related photos taken by photographers around the world.
The photos reflect the current weather at your location, showing you whether it’s fair, cloudy, rainy, snowy, so you can decide whether you’ll need your umbrella or your sunglasses when you go out.
When you open the Weawow app, you’re likely to encounter unexpected “Wow” photos, rather than a boring, text-based forecast. And that’s not all: if you take “Wow” photos yourself, you can post your “Wow” photos from our Website. Then, we can integrate them into the app, where they’ll be seen by weather watchers all over the world (the app is available in over 50 languages).
The app’s layout is customizable, allowing you to select what to display like rain, wind gust, pressure, UV index, etc.
The Weawow is sustained by user donations. If you like the Weawow and want to support the Weawow project, please donate to us.
Of course, this is not mandatory, so please feel free to use the app.
– Changeable weather providers: NWS (NOAA), DWD, MET Norway, Dark Sky, AerisWeather, Weatherbit, World Weather Online, Open Weather map, (AccuWeather, Foreca).
– Free without advertisement: No annoying advertisements are displayed at all.
– Detailed weather: Temperature, Feels-like temperature, Rain, Humidity, Dew point, Clouds, Pressure, Wind, Wind gust, UV index, visibility, Snow depth. Temp., Rain, Wind, Wind gust, Pressure, Dew point, Humidity, Cloud cover, UV index, Visibility, Snowfall.
– Supported languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, and 50 more languages.
– Sun and Moon: Sunrise time, sunset time, twilight, moon phases, full moon day, new moon day, age of the moon.
– Air Quality (WAQI), Severe Weather Alerts, Pollen (only AccuWeather and USA).
– Bookmark: Manage your favorite places with bookmarks. You can change them by swiping left / right.
– Simple interface: You can get the necessary information by simply scrolling down the screen.
WEATHER MAP, RADAR
– Weather Providers: NOAA, RainViewer, MET Norway, MSC.
– Globe (14 days forecast): You can check the wind animation and various weather layers with the 3D earth.
– Google Maps (Radar & 1 day forecast): You can check the real rainfall radar with the Google Maps.
– As you like: You can freely change the layout to display daily weather, hourly weather, radar, etc.
– Sort order: You can change the priority of weather type like Temperature, Rain, Wind, Wind gust, Pressure, UV index.
– Weather Icon: You can change it from various weather icons.
– Choose your favorite theme: Dark theme and white theme are available.
– As you like: You can always check the weather you care about, such as the hourly UV index on your home screen.
– Widget themes: Simple, Clock, Hourly Graph, Daily Graph, Currently, Today, Hourly, Daily.
– Push notification: Notifies the weather forecast for that day at the specified time.
– On-going notification: weather information up to 8 hours ahead, weekly weather, current weather.
– You can post and sell your photos from Weawow’s browser service.
– The posted photos are automatically displayed after being matched with the weather in the application as well.
3. All Clear Weather
How often does your weather app get the current weather wrong, much less the forecast!?
All Clear focuses on getting the weather right. What happens when the weather stations say it’s raining, but for you it’s sunny? Current conditions are updated quickly by our users – if you’re near the crowd, you get the most accurate weather info possible! And if nobody else is nearby? Kickstart it by sending in the weather when it’s wrong and inviting your friends!
We also put focus on clear communication. We want you to get the weather info you need without reading too many numbers or trying to find the right hour-marker. The app has large animations of current conditions – and small ones for hourly forecasts as well!
Some fun features
– Watch this hour: You can mark an hour in the forecast that interests you, and All Clear will keep track of the forecast changes as it approaches. Tap the hour marker to activate any hour in the display.
– Submit the Weather! Send in what kind of weather you’re having. This lets other users nearby get a more accurate current conditions display. It also creates a new source of weather information that (in the future) could be fed to weather models for more accurate initial conditions.
– Daily forecasts showing you the expected weather in summary form for the next few days (obviously!)
– Dark mode when viewing the weather at night! App automatically switches to dark mode after sunset and before sunrise.
– Radar! See radar animations and latest images, for composite and base reflectivity, also precip totals, base velocity, etc.
And more good weather features like
– Severe alerts: Get notified of severe condition alerts in your area
– Hourly and daily forecast widgets for multiple locations (resizable!)
And Now for the Experiments!
We’re also running a number of experimental features with this app!
– (optional) Atmosphere sensor data collection from devices We support barometers, hygrometers, thermometers, and light sensors (luxometers!) in phones. You can watch graphs of your phone collecting this data and see how your device sensors react to the weather around you. We anonymize the data after it is sent to us, and we’re building new weather products supported by the data.
– (optional) Weather pictures! We’re accepting uploads of live weather photos with tags, so that we can start creating machine learning systems to automatically tag weather data in photos! Contribute today and join the fun experiment!
– And more coming!
Every feature of the app can be used for free. Some features are expanded by purchasing a subscription in the app. The $1/month subscription goes towards supporting this project and furthering the development of the experiments listed above (and more!)
Enjoy All Clear and let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Weather data comes from NOAA/NWS in the USA.
Weather graphics by Smashicons on Flaticon.com
Additional icons by Freepik on Flaticon.com”