If you are looking for the Best Rain Radar Android App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Rain Radar Android App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Rain Radar Android App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Rain Radar Android App
1. The Weather Channel – Radar
“The Weather Channel is the World’s Most Accurate Forecaster**. Prepare for the winter weather ahead with our local storm radar. Our snow radar, rain alerts and severe weather warnings can help prepare you for upcoming snowstorms and heavy rain. Monitor live radar updates, an hourly rain tracker, storm radar news, and local weather forecast on the go.
Our live doppler radar maps, severe weather widgets, and accurate weather updates can warn you ahead of time of heavy rain, incoming floods, cold snaps, or heavy snow. Extreme weather is increasing across the nation – our snow radar, severe weather alerts and rain tracker have you covered with hourly forecast updates. Local weather alerts can prepare you for the storm season ahead: snowstorms, heavy rain, and more.
Stay informed with our daily forecast tracking page for live precipitation updates by the hour. Plan up to 15 days in advance with forecasts from the world’s most accurate weather forecaster, so you can plan ahead with confidence**. Our storm radar widget provides local rain updates and alerts you to upcoming storms right on your home screen. Weather maps enabled with GPS, live radar readings, storm radar alerts, and severe weather warnings help you face whatever the clouds may bring.
The Weather Channel Features:
Local Weather Radar: Snow & Rain Tracker
– Hourly rainfall tracker
– 6-hour future radar
– Snow Radar: Track snow intensity up to 7 hours in the future
– Snow Tracker: Monitor snowfall over the last 24 hours and into the next 48 hours
– ‘Feels Like’ feature lets you plan what to wear before stepping out of the house
– Winter storm tracker & live radar lets you follow weather patterns
– Storm radar makes tracking snow & rain easy throughout winter storms
– Local radar updates, severe weather alerts in your area, & forecast readings for the next three hours – all on your home screen
– Widget & features are compatible with dark mode: turn your Android device to dark mode for a great viewing experience
– Forecasts includes information on sunset times, allergies, flu & pollen forecasts
– Winter weather news to keep you updated
– Severe weather events: Live alerts and coverage on severe weather events
Upgrade to The Weather Channel Premium for our most comprehensive, dynamic, and precise weather experience. Get exclusive access to:
– Ad-free weather
– 15-minute forecast details
– Advanced radar
– & more!
Privacy & Feedback
– If you have any questions or suggestions, please get in touch at email@example.com
**The Weather Channel is the World’s Most Accurate Forecaster. ForecastWatch, Global and Regional Weather Forecast Accuracy Overview, 2017-2020, https://www.forecastwatch.com/AccuracyOverview2017-2020, commissioned by IBM. The Weather Channel’s global percent of top rankings averaged over all forecast lead days (1-9) during 2020 was at least 3.5 times higher than any other weather provider studied. Derived by IBM using data from the study.
**The World’s Leading Weather Provider: According to Comscore, The Weather Company, parent of The Weather Channel, is the largest provider of weather forecasts worldwide based on total monthly unique visitors in 2020. Comscore Media Metrix®, Worldwide Rollup Media Trend, News/Information – Weather category incl. [P] Weather Company, The and [M] Weather Channel, The, Jan-Dec. 2020 avg.
The Weather Channel app has over 2.4 million 5-star ratings out of over 3.0 million total reviews since January 2018 according to Apple’s App Store Connect and over 1.6 million 5-star ratings out of over 2.4 million total reviews since October 2008 according to the Google Play Developer Console worldwide.
The Weather Channel® is a registered trademark of TWC Product and Technology, LLC, an IBM Company.”
2. CARROT Weather
Accurate and Detailed
Dark Sky’s eerily accurate weather data gives you quick access to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. Or just tap anywhere for more meteorological goodness.
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
Time Travel (Premium Club only)
View the weather for any location up to 70 years in the past or 10 years in the future! (Disclaimer: DeLorean not included.)
Widget (Premium Club only)
Add the customizable widget to your home screen so you can see what awful weather CARROT’s sent your way without having to open the app.
Follow clues to hunt down 32 secret locations – like the Moon, the Pyramids, and Chernobyl.
• Beautifully minimalist weather app
• Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data
• Customizable widget
• Weather time machine
• 6,000+ lines of hilarious spoken dialogue
• 32 secret locations
Join Premium Club to get access to a host of bonus features, like a customizable widget and weather time travel. Plus, you’ll banish annoying ads to the Phantom Zone!
You can cancel your subscription at any time through your account setting on the Google Play Store and continue to enjoy premium content until the end of your paid subscription.
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
4. AccuWeather: Weather Radar
Internationally recognized by the World Meteorological Organization with awards for “Best User Interface and Data Representation”, “Best Weather Warnings”, and “Best Design and Presentation of Information, User-Friendliness; Access and Customization” making AccuWeather one of the best weather apps!
Weather Forecasts You Can Depend On
• Live weather forecasts including MinuteCast® forecasts for Minute by Minute® precipitation updates
• Local weather including severe weather alerts, temperature, precipitation, and allergy outlooks for your day
• WinterCast™: winter weather forecasts giving you advanced warnings of snowfall probabilities and accumulation
• Daily forecasts include rain probability, cloud coverage, wind, live radar, air quality index, snowfall, and even UV index
• Advanced weather radar gives you up to the minute views of storm tracking, snow, rain, ice, temperature changes, and much more
• RealFeel® & RealFeel Shade Temperature™ technology helping you get a better sense of how the weather actually feels
Live weather with Weather Alerts
The AccuWeather forecasting and severe weather alerts you know and trust. From local weather updates to WinterCast snow alerts, get the weather forecast you can rely on. With in-depth weather news, forecast updates, free weather alerts, plus today’s forecast and much more. Find out what makes AccuWeather the best as a trusted, free weather app. It’s the weather tracker you need!
Advanced Weather Radar
Setting the standard for free weather radar:
• The accurate weather radar you know from AccuWeather
• Weather watches and warnings for your local area
• RealVue™ and Enhanced RealVue™ satellite imagery looking at weather patterns from space
• Weather radar views for water vapor, rainfall, sustained winds, and even storm surges
• Timely tropical storm radar tracking to see where and when storms might hit
• Current conditions maps shows temperature and RealFeel in and around your area
• 5-day precipitation outlook to see what rain, snow, and ice could be in your area
• 24-hour snowfall forecast shows detailed maps with snow accumulation and winter weather
• Temperature contour maps show how the temperature will change over the next day
For over 10 years, the AccuWeather app has brought you the weather
Whether you’re on the East Coast, Pacific Northwest, Southern Coast, or West Coast this free weather app can show you snow, wind, cold, rain and more! Stay prepared with our local weather and live forecasts. From extreme humidity, severe storms, allergy info, air quality index, snow storms, and ice alerts, get live updates that matter to you. Local weather forecasts are the AccuWeather specialty.
Our weather tracker & live radar gives you Superior Accuracy™
Severe weather warnings, today’s temperature, free weather radar maps & more!
• Get local forecasts and personalize the app depending on where you are in the world
• Go beyond today’s weather and look 45 days ahead to ensure that you’re prepared for any weather
• Try the MinuteCast feature for the most up to date live Minute by Minute weather forecast
• Weather alerts, storm alerts, and more! Get trending videos from AccuWeather’s dedicated news team
• Weather forecasting your way – a weather tracker that can filter and customize according to your preferences
Download the AccuWeather app today for free and enjoy award-winning Superior Accuracy in weather forecasting on your Android mobile, tablet, TV, and WearOS. More than just a daily forecast, try the best weather app and get more from your forecast.”
5. MyRadar Weather Radar
“MyRadar is a fast, easy-to-use, yet powerful weather app that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated live radar, with radar loop lengths of up to two hours. This basic functionality provides the quickest way to get a fast snapshot of the weather on-the-go, and it’s what has made MyRadar so successful over the years. Check your phone and get an instant assessment of the weather that will impact your day.
In addition to the live radar, MyRadar has an ever-increasing list of weather and environmentally-related data layers that you can overlay on top of the map; our animated winds layer shows a breathtaking visual representation of both surface winds and winds at the jetstream level; the frontal boundaries layer shows high and low pressure systems as well as frontal boundaries themselves; the earthquakes layer is a great way to stay on top of the latest reports on seismic activity, completely customizable as to severity and time; our hurricane layer allows users to stay on top of the latest tropical storm and hurricane activity throughout the world; the aviation layer overlays AIRMETs, SIGMETs and other aviation-related data, including the ability to track flights and display their IFR flight plans and paths, and the “wildfires” layer allows users to stay abreast of the latest fire activity around the United States.
In addition to the data layers, MyRadar has the ability to send weather and environmental alerts, including alerts from the National Weather Center, such as Tornado and Severe Weather alerts. MyRadar includes the ability to receive alerts based off of Tropical Storm and Hurricane activity; you can configure the app to send you an alert any time a tropical storm or hurricane forms, or is upgraded or downgraded.
One of the most useful features in MyRadar is the ability to provide advanced rain alerts; our patent-pending process for predicting hyper-local rainfall is the most accurate in the industry. Instead of having to constantly check the app, MyRadar will send you an alert up to an hour in advance as to when the rain will arrive at your current location, down to the minute, including details on intensity and duration. These alerts can be a life saver when you’re on-the-go and don’t always have time to check the weather – our systems will proactively do the work for you and let you know in advance before the rain hits.
All of the weather and environmental data represented on MyRadar is displayed on our custom mapping system, developed in-house. This mapping system uses your devices GPU, which makes it incredibly fast and speedy. When you’re looking for quick weather information on-the-go, that makes a huge difference. The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and the rest of the world to see what the weather is like anywhere on the planet.
In addition to the free features of the app, the premium upgrade is available, including real-time hurricane tracking – great for the start of hurricane season. This feature provides additional data above and beyond the free version, including the cone of probability for tropical storm/hurricane forecast tracks, and also includes a detailed synopsis from the National Hurricane Center. The premium upgrade also include the professional radar pack, which allows greater detail of radar from individual stations. Users can select individual radar stations around the US, select the radar tilt angle, and also change the radar product being displayed, including base reflectivity and wind velocity – great for experienced weather buffs looks to stay on top of possible tornado formation.
MyRadar is also available for WearOS devices – try on your smartwatch!
Don’t get caught off guard with bad weather; download MyRadar today and try it out!”