If you are looking for the Best Raw iPhone App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Raw iPhone App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Raw iPhone App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Raw iPhone App
1. Camera+ 2
“Take your iPhone photo editing to the next level with Camera+ 2 – the best and most powerful photo capturing & editing app available. Camera+ 2 is designed by photo lovers on a mission to incorporate all the advances in photo technology that are being introduced year after year.
POWERFUL PHOTO EDITING
The Lab contains many photographic tools that allow you to fine-tune the exposure, boost the shadows, sharpen your photo, and adjust curves among many others. Dozens of built-in filters help you get that final look. Our favorites system makes it easy to save, share, and apply your favorite sets of edits to many photos at once.
RAW SHOOTING & EDITING
RAW mode provides maximum flexibility for editing, by saving the exact image captured by the sensor at its full precision. The RAW Editor includes tools such as Curves and a White Balance picker. Use the RAW Editor to develop your images, or send them to your computer and use your current workflow.
PHOTO LIBRARY INTEGRATION
We have achieved a fantastic integration with the photos you already have in your library. Instead of clunkily importing a photo you want to edit, doing your thing and saving it back, simply switch tabs and edit it right in place. And you’ll love the multitasking support in iPad. The editors can also be used on the photos in your Photo Library. Switch between your library and the Lightbox by simply tapping a button, or use drag and drop gestures in the iPad. Files and iTunes integration are also available to easily transfer pictures to your computer or other apps.
Camera+ 2 adapts to your style and technical savvy. If you like the system camera, select the Auto preset to use a simple, clear interface that will let you concentrate on your shot. Camera+ 2 provides all the essential framing and exposure tools, and will select the best parameters for you.
As your skills progress, or if you are already familiar with DSLRs, you’ll feel at home in Manual mode. You’ll be able to select the best lens, shutter time, ISO or white balance for your capture.
Other presets are available for purpose-specific captures, providing sensible settings for the task at hand. Slow Shutter allows you to take long exposures, even in daylight. Macro is optimized to work on close subjects, and Action tracks the object you select and automatically enables Burst so you don’t miss the shot.
INTRODUCING MAGIC ML
Magic ML is our most advanced capture preset to date. It harnesses the power of machine learning to improve your photos as you shoot! But don’t just take our word for it, try out Magic ML and see how much more your photography “pops”! And if you’ve already got photos you’d like to spruce up a bit, we’ve added a Magic ML adjustment in the Lab so you can add as much (or as little) wizardry as you’d like.
If your iPhone has multiple lenses, the Auto preset will use the best one(s) for your scene -just like the standard camera does- and will produce Deep Fusion pictures if it needs to. In Manual mode you are the boss: Camera+ 2 will always honor all the controls you choose. If you want to use the Tele lens, Camera+ 2 will not engage the digital zoom even if the Wide could gather more light. No more surprises after the fact.
SHOOTING ASSIST TOOLS
Use Smile mode to shoot when people are smiling, or Stabilizer to ensure your iPhone is steady enough to produce a sharp picture. Burst and Timer can also be enabled any time you need them.
Focus Peaking highlights the parts of the image that are in focus, which is invaluable if you are focusing manually. Zebra Stripes detect those parts of your composition that are over- or underexposed.
Depth Capture, which is optimized for person subjects, is available in iPhones with dual or triple cameras, and in the iPhone XR. Depth information is saved alongside the image, and the adjustments in The Lab can be selectively applied to distant or close subjects.”
2. Darkroom: Photo & Video Editor
** Winner of Apple Design Award in 2020 **
** Best of the App Store 2015 **
Available as a Universal app on iPhone, iPad, and macOS Big Sur with deep integration into all of the latest features.
UNIVERSAL & FREE PHOTO EDITOR
All the tools you need to bring your photos to life are Live Photos, RAW images, and Portrait images offered for free, available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac!
VIDEO EDITOR (Darkroom+ Subscription)
Ridiculously fast and simple realtime color grading. All our filters and editing tools are video-compatible, including batch processing.
CURVES & SELECTIVE COLOR TOOLS (Darkroom+ Subscription)
This is the heart and soul of Darkroom: The most usable Curves and Selective Color tools on iOS. A dance of functionality, simplicity, and power.
PORTRAIT BLUR EDITING
Edit the foreground and background of your Portrait photos separately. Customize the blur in your Portrait photos, or the Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation of your foreground / background separately.
Edit RAW photos at their full resolution and the recover the full range of details in the shadows and highlights.
FULL ALBUM MANAGEMENT
Our complete suite of album management tools allow you to organize your library extremely quickly. Every action in Darkroom applies to your iCloud Photo Library!
CREATE YOUR OWN FILTERS
The same tools that professional photographs use to create filters. Edit any of the built-in or premium filters to suit them to your needs, or create your own from scratch.
All your photos are instantly available. Darkroom does not have an import step.
Apply edits and filters to many photos at once. Favorite/Delete/Hide many images with a single tap.
HASHTAG MANAGER & SIRI SHORTCUTS
Create sets of hashtags that you can export with one-tap from anywhere: Home screen, Today widget, Export sheet, and more. Create your own Siri Shortcuts to copy all your favorite hashtags from any app.
MEMBERSHIP TRIAL AND SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Your Darkroom+ membership will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Subscriptions to manage your membership and turn auto-renew off. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
3. Halide Mark II – Pro Camera
Halide is an App Store Editor’s Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple’s App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore’s “App of the Year 2020,” Macworld’s “Must Have Apps,” The Verge’s “Apps We Love,” and The Sweet Setup’s “Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone.”
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
– Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
– Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
– Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
– Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
– Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
– Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
– Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
– Grid overlay with built-in level
– A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
– Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
– Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
– Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
– Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
– Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
– Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
– Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
– Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max or iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus unless on iOS 15.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12, 13)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, 13 or SE2
4. NeuralCam: Night Mode & ProCam
Featured on 9to5mac / VentureBeat / TheNextWeb / BGR / PetaPixel / DPReview / SlashGear / LAUNCH Ticker.
9to5Mac – “NeuralCam is not just the best iPhone camera app for night shots, but it is head-and-shoulders above the other apps.”
NeuralCam is the top NightMode app for iPhone, and with the v5.0 update it becomes the most advanced computational photography camera for daytime photos too! Enjoy 48 megapixel(*in-app purchase), sharp, bright and less noisy images with more detail in every lighting condition.
—— BETTER PHOTOS, NIGHT & DAY ——-
– Night Mode on All iPhones All Cameras: including the ultra-wide, telephoto and selfie cameras
– Better Daytime HDR Photos: brighter daytime and indoor photos with more detail and less noise
– 48 Megapixel AI Upscaled Photos* (available as an additional in-app purchase): state-of-the-art AI Photo upscaling now available on all iPhones through NeuralCam 5
– AI Enhanced Macro Mode on All iPhones
—— UNIQUE COMPUTATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY PROCESS———
NeuralCam uses multiple proprietary AI and Computational Photography technologies to get the highest possible quality images in all lighting conditions:
1. SmartCAPTURE: Sets the right capturing settings for each lighting situation to draw the most information and detail from the iPhone camera sensor
2. SmartMERGE: Combines pixels from multiple captured images to further enrich the amount of information and reduce noise
3. NeuralENHANCE: Uses state of the art Machine Learning techniques to enhance detail at 12MP and upscale photos to 24MP or 48MP (in-app purchase)
4. NeuralHDR: Adaptively illuminates night and day photos for a bright, but still natural look
It does all these steps in a few seconds on-device.
Read more about the NeuralCam photography process in the NeuralCam 5 launch blog post here: https://neural.cam/news/
——- FEATURES ——
– Auto and Manual Night Mode
– Auto and Manual Daytime Mode
– AI Enhanced Macro Mode (including Night Macro Mode)
– Manual Computational Photography Controls
– Multiple Capturing Modes: Hight Detail, Low Noise, Unprocessed* (*on iPhone 12 and 13 Pro)
– Merging of 1-12 frames
– 24MP & 48MP AI Super-Resolution
– 12MP AI Detail Enhancement
– Multiple AI Brightening Modes – now including NeuralHDR specially tailored for daytime photos
– Classic manual photography controls for White Balance, Exposure and Focus
– Tripod Mode – allows longer exposure time in really dark situations
– Gentle Torch – so you can light up your scene a bit if needed, in very low light
– Photo Format (HEIC/JPEG/TIFF)
– Grid options
NeuralCam 5: Better Night & Day Photos using AI and Computational Photography
Photo credits: @robert_bilinski, @maxmousee
It’s always manual exposure and supports the RAW and ProRAW formats. Shutter and ISO controls are always on screen and easily accessible via huge sliders(The aperture is fixed on the iPhone and thus not adjustable- but you knew that already). Manual focus override any time and custom white balance settings. Toggle advanced features on or off in the settings menu.
Try the first 100 shots for free and upgrade to unlock forever.
Manual Exposure- Always
Manual Focus Override
ProRAW(compatible devices only)
Optional JPG Shooting
8 White Balance Presets including Auto and Custom Kelvin
Grid & Level Overlays
Highlight and Shadow Clipping Warnings
RAW support is available on iPhones SE, 6s, and newer devices
ProRAW support is available on iPhone 12 pro and 12 Pro Max
Terms of Service: http://dynamicappdesign.com/tos”
6. Simple RAW Camera
A brand-new Apple ProRAW format is available for iPhone 12 Series.
Once you capture photo, then you can send raw file through mailer.
Or File Sharing is available where your iPhone and Mac/PC connected.
Open Finder to find your iPhone, then you can drag and drop to pull RAW data.
And also, HEIC capture is available.”