If you are looking for the Best Recipe Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 9 Best Recipe Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 9 Best Recipe Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
9 Best Recipe Apps For iPhone
1. Allrecipes Dinner Spinner
“Allrecipes is built upon the recipes our community of home cooks have created and shared. Now you can take it all with you — including your favorite recipes — wherever you go with the Allrecipes Dinner Spinner app.
Personalized recommendations for you based on recipes you enjoy.
See what our community members enjoyed and what tips or improvements they suggest, if any!
CUSTOMIZABLE SEARCH FILTERS
Search by ingredients you’ve got on-hand, or exclude those ingredients you just can’t use. Further customize your search by selecting any dietary needs or by how much time you have to prepare a recipe.
Save your favorite recipes for quick access across all your devices, anywhere.
Manage and add ingredients directly from a recipe to your shopping list, or add a custom item (like that gift you keep forgetting to pick up). Ingredient quantities are even aggregated for you so you buy just the right amount.
See which recipe ingredients are on sale near you.
Thousands of recipe videos to guide you with step-by-step cooking instructions.
SCREEN STAYS ON
Don’t worry about your screen timing out on you while you’re busy following a recipe in the kitchen.
Feeling overwhelmed? Allow our Dinner Spinner to choose a recipe for you!”
2. Forks Plant-Based Recipes
“#1 Food & Drink App and Featured as ‘Best New App’ by Apple – this is the essential recipe app from the makers of the critically-acclaimed film Forks Over Knives. Discover over 600 hearty and decadent meals from over 50 leading chefs, with new recipes added weekly!
Every recipe fits the whole-food, plant-based lifestyle that a growing number of health professionals recognize can help stave off and even reverse chronic ailments like heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
– Over 600 (and growing) great-tasting, whole-food, plant-based recipes – with new recipes added weekly!
– Find and prepare your favorite recipes with ease
– Preparation made simple with step-by-step instructions
– Synchronize your shoppings lists across multiple devices with iCloud
– For each step, see the ingredients you need with just a tap
– Convenient shopping list for the grocery items you need to pick up
– Landscape mode for viewing recipes full-screen, with step-by-step instructions
– Contributions from over 50 leading chefs.
– Tips on the plant-based lifestyle and more!
We hope you love using the Forks Over Knives App. If you have any suggestions about how a recipe or the app could be improved even further, please email us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.”
3. iGeeksBlog – Tech News & Tips
Enjoy simplified, reliable how-tos, troubleshooting guides, top app, and product recommendations, unbiased reviews, and more to help you make the most of your Apple Devices!
FREE & FRESH DAILY ARTICLES written by tech experts and Apple aficionados.
EXPERT BUYING GUIDES for all the Apple accessories and gadgets you need.
UNBIASED REVIEWS of the best products, apps, and services that are worth your while.
UP-TO-DATE SOLUTIONS to all your iOS/iPadOS/macOS/watchOS/tvOS problems.
QUICKLY FIND what you need with a powerful search tool.
BITES allows you to access tips, tricks, and news in short-form video format called Bites. Moreover, this feature is app-exclusive!
WIDGET support accessing the latest information right from the Home Screen. Widget is available in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.
SECURE experience with Sign-in with Apple.
CLEAN & MINIMALIST design to help you focus on the content that matters most to you.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS to never miss a slice of everything Apple.
RATE ARTICLE to express your opinion using an emoji based on your experience.
DARK MODE allows you to seamlessly switch between light, dark, and device setting modes.
CUSTOMIZABLE TEXT SIZE to adjust fonts as per your comfort.
SAVE your favorite articles to read later anytime, anywhere.
iGeeksBlog has helped over 345 million+ people use their Apple devices efficiently through their website and other digital presences over the past 10+ years. We have been featured on Digital Trends, Firstpost.com, Dailymail.co.uk, USAToday.com, and many more.”
4. Kitchen Stories: tasty recipes
“Are you a foodie? Hungry but don’t know what to make? Millions of users around the world are already cooking and learning how to cook with Kitchen Stories, winner of the Apple Design Award. Download it now to be inspired by thousands of free tasty and healthy recipes, HD instructional videos, and articles about cooking and baking. Plus, publish your own food recipes to share with our global community of hungry home cooks. It’s easy to use and offers a variety of irresistibly tasty and healthy recipes that appeal to beginners and experts alike. Ready to get cooking?
Enjoy these features on the Kitchen Stories app:
– Show off your skills by uploading your own cooking and baking recipes to share with our international community
– Take photos of each recipe step in a streamlined, easy-to follow process
– Be inspired daily by thousands of free food recipes, tips, and articles
– Learn how to cook – become a kitchen pro with instructional videos and skill tutorials
– Set up your personal profile and save your favorite food recipes in personalized cookbooks
– Activate “cooking mode” to be guided effortlessly through recipes, step-by-step
– Use the measurement converter to easily adapt ingredient measurements according to serving size
– Plan your grocery list with the automatically generated shopping list
– Rate and share your favorite cooking and baking recipes
– Upload photos of the dishes you’ve cooked and exchange cooking experiences with others in the comments section
Cooking yourself was never so easy and tasty!
Find the perfect recipe for you
Thanks to our search feature, we guarantee you’ll find the perfect recipe for your taste and nutritional preferences. Our recipe box offers a variety of tasty healthy recipes for your kitchen. Learn how to cook vegetarian and vegan dishes, low-carb, gluten-free, and low-calorie options. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on our selection of crowd-pleasing tasty and healthy recipes – including weeknight favorites, seasonal twists on classics, trends and tastes from around the world. Bonus: Add all the ingredients directly to your grocery list!
Learn how to cook like a pro with our guided cooking experience
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced foodie, there’s always something new in our cookbook, with instructional HD recipe videos and tips from our expert team of editors and chefs. Activate “cooking mode” and let it guide you with easy-to-understand, step-by-step photos and instructions for each tasty recipe from the Kitchen Stories cookbook. Don’t forget to upload a photo of your dish and share it with our hungry community once it’s ready!
All your cooking needs in one cookbook
Is it everyday cooking you’re after, or is today a special occasion? Maybe you’re eating alone or making a tasty dinner for the entire family? Need a quick snack or help with planning a three-course meal with appetizers and dessert? We’ve got you: Our recipe box is packed with cooking and baking recipes. Browse by difficulty level and preparation time, plus use our handy measurement converter to adjust the measurements according to the desired servings. For easy, on-the-go planning, place all the recipe ingredients in your grocery list with a single click and integrate it directly into your reminders.
Hungry for more Kitchen Stories?
We’re always open to ratings and feedback! Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cooking is fun – tasty healthy recipes for every kind of foodie!
Your Kitchen Stories Team”
5. Paprika Recipe Manager 3
• Recipes – Download recipes from your favorite websites, or add your own.
• Grocery Lists – Create smart grocery lists that automatically combine ingredients and sort them by aisle.
• Pantry – Use the pantry to keep track of which ingredients you have and when they expire.
• Meal Planner – Plan your meals using our daily, weekly, or monthly calendars.
• Menus – Save your favorite meal plans as reusable menus.
• Sync – Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans synced between all your devices.
• Adjust – Scale ingredients to your desired serving size, and convert between measurements.
• Cook – Keep the screen on while cooking, cross off ingredients, and highlight your current step.
• Search – Organize your recipes into categories and subcategories. Search by name, ingredient, and more.
• Timers – Cook times are automatically detected in your directions. Simply tap on one to start a timer.
• Import – Import from existing apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export – Export your meal plans to Calendar and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Share – Share recipes via AirDrop or email.
• Print – Print recipes, grocery lists, menus, and meal plans. Recipes support multiple print formats including index cards.
• Extensions – Save recipes directly in Safari and view today’s scheduled meals.
• Bookmarklet – Download recipes from any browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
• Offline Access – All of your data is stored locally. No internet connection is required to view your recipes.
What’s New in 3.0
• iPhone X and iOS 11 support.
• iOS app is now universal.
• Multitasking support on iPad.
• Add multiple, full-sized photos to each recipe. Embed photos in your directions.
• Insert links to other recipes or websites in your ingredients or directions.
• Format recipes using bold and italics.
• Convert ingredient measurements between standard and metric.
• Search for recipes across multiple categories.
• Add custom aisles to your grocery list and re-arrange them in your preferred order.
• Create multiple grocery lists.
• Add custom ingredients to the pantry. Track quantities, purchase dates, and expiration dates.
• Move items back and forth between the pantry and grocery list.
• Add custom meal types to the meal planner.
• Create reusable menus that span multiple days.
Paprika is available on multiple platforms so you can access it on all of your devices. Please note that each version is sold separately.”
6. Recipe Keeper
ADD RECIPES QUICKLY AND EASILY
Enter your recipes with as much or as little information as you like. Copy and paste recipes from your existing documents or apps. Categorize your recipes by course and category. Add photos, rate your recipes and flag your favorites.
IMPORT RECIPES FROM WEBSITES
Search for recipes on the web and add them straight to your collection. Hundreds of popular recipe websites supported. Customize imported recipes to suit your needs.
SCAN FROM COOKBOOKS, MAGAZINES AND HANDWRITTEN RECIPES
Scan recipes using your phone’s camera or from your existing photos and PDF files. OCR technology automatically converts images to text. Keep all your favorite family recipes safe forever.
FIND ANY RECIPE INSTANTLY
Quickly lookup your recipes by name, ingredient or directions or simply browse your recipes by course, category and rating. Got leftovers in the fridge? Search for a recipe to use them up. Cook more of your favorite meals and rediscover those long-forgotten recipes to make mealtimes interesting again.
SHARE RECIPES WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Share your recipes by email and to your favorite social networks. Create a shared family recipe collection. Add recipes from other Recipe Keeper users with a single tap.
CREATE BEAUTIFUL COOKBOOKS
Create cookbooks from your recipes for printing or sharing as a PDF with cover page, table of contents, custom layouts and more.
Adjust a recipe serving size up or down and let Recipe Keeper automatically recalculate your ingredients for you.
PLAN AHEAD AND STAY IN CONTROL
Integrated weekly and monthly meal planner allows you to plan your meals in advance. Add all your meals to your shopping list in one step. Recipe Keeper can even create a random meal plan for you based on your hints and suggestions. Get rid of that “what should I cook tonight?” feeling.
MAKE SHOPPING SIMPLER
Fully featured shopping list that automatically groups your items by aisle. Save money by only buying what you need. No more trips back to the store for that one thing you forgot.
AVAILABLE ACROSS ALL OF YOUR DEVICES
Share your recipes, shopping lists and meal planner across all your iPhones, iPads, Macs, PCs and other mobile and tablet devices (separate purchase required for other platforms).
“ALEXA, ASK RECIPE KEEPER FOR COOKIE RECIPES.”
Search your recipes, cook hands-free with step-by-step instructions and add items to your shopping list using the Recipe Keeper skill for Amazon Alexa, (English language only).
TRANSFER YOUR EXISTING RECIPES
Transfer your recipes from other apps such as Living Cookbook, MasterCook, MacGourmet, BigOven, Cook’n, My Cookbook, My Recipe Book, Paprika Recipe Manager, Pepperplate, OrganizEat, Recipe Box and many more.
• Choose from 25 different color schemes, light & dark modes
• Format recipes using bold and italics
• Customizable recipe collections, courses and categories
• Add nutrition information and search for recipes by nutritional amounts
• Check off ingredients while cooking, highlight the current direction
• Adjustable text size when viewing recipes – great for reading recipes across the kitchen
• Convert recipes between US/Imperial and Metric units
• Link related recipes together
• Add links to online videos
• Pin your favorite recipes to the home screen for quick access
• Works offline – take your recipes with you wherever you go
• Bulk update multiple recipes at once
• Screen lock disabled while viewing recipes – no more messy fingers on screen trying to wake your device
• Available in 15 languages
We love hearing from you! If you need any help, have a question, or want to suggest a new feature, please email us at email@example.com
Cook more. Eat healthier. Shop smarter. Try Recipe Keeper free today!”
7. “Tasty: Recipes, Cooking Videos”
“Meet your new cooking coach! Over 4000 Tasty recipes now at your fingertips; an innovative Step-By-Step instruction mode; a ‘My Recipes’ page which serves as your very own mobile cookbook, and an incredible Search tool that allows you to filter by any ingredients, cuisine and social occasion you’re in the mood for!
– Get step-by-step instructions on how to cook every single recipe. We’ll even keep your phone awake so you don’t have to worry about it falling asleep while you cook.
– Watch the latest videos from Tasty before your friends do.
– Get recommendations for your next meal based on the time of day, day of the week, and major holidays.
– Vegetarian? Personalize the app to automatically hide all recipes with meat! (Don’t worry, you can always change this later)
– Search recipes by what matters to you such as dietary needs like vegan and gluten-free, difficulty, cuisine, and more.
– Use our “What’s in Your Kitchen” feature as a way to search for recipes in the Tasty app based on the ingredients you already have at home! Simply tell us 3 ingredients you want to use and we’ll show you recipes you can prepare.
– Add recipes to your ‘My Recipes’ and organize them the way you want to using our Cookbook feature.
– Shop for the ingredients you need to make your favorite Tasty recipes and pick them up at Walmart
– Live outside of the US? We have metric values side-by-side with US measurements for every recipe!
If you have any trouble with your app please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help!
And don’t forget to check out Tasty on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram!
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which contributes to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/legal/privacy-statement/digital-measurement/#choices for more information about Nielsen’s measurement software and learn about your choices with regard to NIELSEN’s measurement.
If you’d like to delete your tasty.co account, log in and go to the user settings menu, then tap Delete User. Deleting your account will irreversibly delete all account information, including saved recipes and tips. This will not unsubscribe you from any email lists you’ve signed up for; to unsubscribe, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the email. This will not delete your account on other BuzzFeed platforms. To delete your other accounts, please go to those platforms.”
8. Whisk: Recipes & Grocery List
“Found a recipe on the internet that looks great? Yum! Add it to Whisk and start creating your personal cookbook. Pull recipes from any website or cooking site/app, substitute ingredients, adjust serving sizes or, if you want to, just change the way the recipes are written. No need to continue memorizing the recipe edits or writing them down on paper.
Get inspired! Check out our community of home cooks for new gourmet dishes, quick meals, recipes with 10 ingredients or less, everyday healthy ideas, you name it. Add all your go-to recipes to Whisk and create your own personal recipe book!
Want to plan your weekly meals ahead? Unlike other meal planning apps, Whisk Meal Planner is entirely free.
…And best of all: with the push of a button turn all recipes into a shareable shopping list to use to buy food in-store & online. No more “oops! I forgot” moments when cooking! Use Whisk to make cooking more efficient and fun!
Here’s What the Media is Saying About Us
“(. . .) all designed to make it easier to meal plan, make and share lists and, finally, shop” – TechCrunch, Sarah Perez
“Smart food platform Whisk helps you meal prep like a true pro (. . .).” – Women’s Health, Amanda Woerner
“Not only does this technology allow for a much better experience, but should help reduce food waste” – Forbes, Tom Taulli
– Copy recipes from anywhere: Yes, really, any website. Try it out. No need to take screenshots or copy and paste recipes into a notebook anymore. Transfer recipes directly from Food Network, BBC Good Food, food blogs, Pinterest and from all over the internet. Use the web recipe clipper on your PC or easily save recipes from any mobile site. Never forget where you saved that recipe again!
– Edit recipes that you’ve imported: Add notes and comments about the things that you want to change and remember for next time. Maybe you want to sub in some healthy ingredients on that lasagna that you are cooking, or you want to add one more tablespoon of coconut oil to your new keto recipe….go ahead, replace ingredients and enhance your recipe cookbook.
– Create your ideal meal plan for the week: an easy pork recipe for lunch on Monday, a healthy salad on Tuesday and a gourmet Italian dish for dinner on Friday. Simplify your meal planning for the week, save time and avoid leftovers.
– Remember what inspired you: Can’t figure out where you saw that simple and tasty dish from Indian cuisine? Quickly access your saved recipe collections: vegan dishes, gluten-free baking, paleo diets, low-carb meals – anything you like!
– Turn your recipes into shopping lists: Push a button and have your grocery list ready in case you make an unexpected stop at the store. Organize your list by aisle for speedy market visits and save time.
– Get the groceries delivered to you: Whisk partners with popular online grocers like Walmart, Amazon Fresh, Kroger, Ralphs, Instacart and many more. Enter your zip code, select your preferred store, checkout and get your groceries delivered at your door.
– Collaborate on and share your lists: Create a shared shopping list with everybody in your house to prevent buying duplicate groceries and to make sure that nothing is forgotten. Take the list to the store and save time as each family member takes a different aisle and – as items are picked – watch your grocery shopping list mark off in front of everyone’s eyes.
– Share recipes: Just made the perfect smoked paprika chicken? Share it with your friends and family.
– Make it yours: customize your dietary preferences: vegetarian, vegan, lacto vegetarian, pescatarian.
– Smarter food decisions: All recipes which have been imported to Whisk include ingredient details, cooking instructions, and Whisk’s health score, with nutritional information.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com. We want to make sure your Whisk experience is the best it can be!”
9. Yummly Recipes & Cooking Tools
“Yummly is your smart cooking sidekick, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. From recipe recommendations just for you, to handy tools and helpful videos, Yummly has everything you need to improve life in the kitchen. Experience what millions are enjoying on the web, free on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The App at a Glance:
2 million+ recipes from the best of the best
Discover recipes from Yummly’s test kitchen and other top recipe sites and food blogs like Allrecipes, Epicurious, Food52, Smitten Kitchen, and more.
Personalized to your tastes & dietary needs
Tell Yummly your diets, allergies, tastes, and preferences and they’ll only serve up recipes that match. As you use Yummly, like magic, it learns about what you like. The more you Yum, the better it gets!
Step-by-step guided recipes
Let Yummly do the thinking for you with step-by-step recipes, including video tutorials, timers, and more handy tools to make cooking a breeze.
Collect, save, and organize your favorites
Saving your favorite recipes couldn’t be easier. With the tap of a “Yum” button, your faves are stashed for safekeeping in a digital recipe box. Once saved, create collections for easy organization and viewing when cooking and grocery shopping.
What’s in your fridge?
Discover recipes to make right now with what you have on hand. Simply enter the ingredients you wish to use and Yummly will provide you recipes that match.
Recipe scheduling for easy meal planning
Schedule a recipe to the exact time you want to eat and it’s instantly added to your calendar. You’ll even get a gentle nudge when it’s time to start cooking.
Add entire recipes to your grocery list
With one click you can add a full recipe to your shopping list. Yummly automatically categorizes your list by both aisles and recipes to make your trip to the grocery store a snap.
-Track the nutrition and servings of what you eat with Yummly’s integration with Apple Health App on each recipe page.
-Add the Yummly widget to get the single-most perfect recipe option for any moment of the day on your homescreen. You can access this from the Today screen.
CA residents – Do Not Sell My Personal Information: https://www.yummly.com/do-not-sell-my-info”