If you are looking for the Best Rotation Control App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Rotation Control App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Rotation Control App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Rotation Control App For Android
1. Rotation Control
You also can prevent the other application from changing screen orientation.
The following rotation modes are available.
– Guard: this application prevents the other application from changing screen orientation.
– Auto Rotation: screen orientation is determined by a physical orientation sensor.
– Portrait: the screen is in a portrait orientation.
– Portrait (Reverse): the screen is in a portrait orientation; the opposite direction from normal portrait.
– Portrait (Sensor): the screen is in a portrait orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
– Landscape: the screen is in a landscape orientation.
– Landscape (Reverse): the screen is in a landscape orientation; the opposite direction from normal landscape.
– Landscape (Sensor): the screen is in a landscape orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
* Depending on the device, you may not be able to use several modes.
* If “Guard” mode is active, you cannot click “install” button when you want to install an application. When you want to install an application, you should inactivate “Guard” mode or this application.”
2. Screen Rotation Control
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
– 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
– Specify the auto rotation screen
– All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
– Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
– Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
– Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)”
3. Rotation Control Pro
Recommended for people who:
– Want to use their smartphone home screen in landscape mode
– Want to use landscape mode games or video apps in portrait mode
– Want to always use their tablet in landscape mode
– Want to switch between fixed orientations with one tap via the status bar
Can configure the rotation of the screen.
Control the rotation of the screen easily from the notification bar.
►Per App rotation settings
Can configure different rotations for each apps.
Rotates to your preset screen orientation upon starting the application.
Returns to the original screen orientation on closing the application.
►Special case settings
Detects when chargers or earphones are connected and rotates to your preset screen orientation.
Returns to the original screen orientation when they are removed.
You can check this app’s functions and operations with a free trial.
Please check the functions and operations by free trial before you buy.
Automatic : the screen rotates based on a sensor.
Landscape : the screen is fixed to a horizontal orientation.
Landscape (Reverse) : the screen is fixed horizontal upside down.
Landscape (Auto) : rotates automatically to a horizontal orientation based on a sensor.
Portrait : the screen is fixed to a vertical orientation.
Portrait (Reverse) : the screen is fixed vertical upside down.
Portrait (Auto) : rotates automatically to a vertical orientation based on a sensor.
* Some of the direction of rotation may not correspond depending on device specifications. This is not an issue with the app.
This app uses accessibility service.
This is used to detect when an app is launched or closed and allows you to change the rotation actions for each app.
This information is not stored or shared.
【For OPPO users】
This app needs to run a service in the background to detect which app has started.
OPPO devices require special settings to operate app services in the background due to their unique specifications. (If you do not do this, services running in the background will be forcibly terminated, and the app will not operate properly.)
Please drag this app a little down from the recent apps history and lock it.
If you do not know how to set, please search for “OPPO task lock”.”
4. Ultimate Rotation Control
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can obtain a license via Google Play.
This app uses Accessibility services. These services are used to determine the current foreground application via the TYPE_WINDOW_STATE_CHANGED event to allow per-app orientation settings. This allows users with disabilities to keep the screen in the preferred orientation.
The “Forced Auto” mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen “upside down”. It also allows using the launchers many devices in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately. For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape.
– True orientation lock
– Forced automatic rotation
– Per application settings
– Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
– Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
– Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
– Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
– Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
– 3/4 Forced: automatic mode overriding other app preferences (only portrait, landscape and reverse landscape, NOT reverse portrait; this only works on phones, not on tablets)
– Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
– Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
– Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
– Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
– Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
– Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
– Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
– Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
– This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
– This app does NOT require root access.
– Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
– Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
– Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)”
5. Screen Orientation Control
“This is an application that fixes the screen in a specific orientation or rotates according to the sensor, regardless of the attributes of the displayed application.
You can change the screen orientation from the notification area. It is also possible to associate a specific application with the screen orientation and switch settings when the application starts.
Not all settings are available because some screen orientations are not supported by some devices.
Because this app forcibly changes the display of the running application, it can become inoperable or, in the worst case, cause a crash.
Please use at your own risk.
Even if a problem occurs, please refrain from making inquiries to the developer of the application as it will be a nuisance.
How this app works
This application displays the UI on a layer above other general applications.
It’s transparent, no size and untouchable, so it’s invisible to the user, but by changing the screen orientation requirements of this UI, it has a higher priority than apps that are normally visible to the user. The OS recognizes it as a high instruction.
In addition, this application will remain resident in the background to display the UI even after it is closed.
Therefore, the UI that resides in the notification bar is displayed. This is because Android rules need to display something in the notification bar in order to stay in the background.
Due to this mechanism, there are some restrictions.
– Although it can change the display of the notification bar, it cannot hide. I often request that you want to turn off the display, but please note that this is impossible due to the system.
– The system may recognize that it is the cause of battery consumption. In that case, this application may be terminated. If the app quits frequently, you may be able to avoid it by setting power saving, so please check the settings of your device.
– Since it has a UI above other apps, it may be recognized as an app that induces unauthorized operations. Therefore, this application may be detected and a warning may be displayed or operation may be prohibited. This app is not such an app, but please note that it will be an unavoidable problem as long as it uses the same mechanism as the fraudulent app.
– If you use this app together with other apps that display overlays, it may cause functional conflicts and may not function properly.
Settings possible with this application
The following settings are possible
– Unspecified orientation from this app. Device will be the original orientation of the displayed app
– Rotate based on sensor information
– Fixed to portrait
– Fixed to landscape
– Fixed to reverse portrait
– Fixed to reverse landscape
– Fixed to portrait, automatically flip upside down by sensor
– Fixed to landscape, automatically flip upside down by sensor
– Rotate it 90 degrees to the left with respect to the sensor. If you lie on left lateral and use it, the top and bottom will match.
– Rotate it 90 degrees to the right with respect to the sensor. If you lie on right lateral and use it, the top and bottom will match.
– Rotate 180 degrees with respect to the sensor. If you use this by headstand, the top and bottom will match.
– If you can not fix in the opposite direction of the portrait / landscape, try changing the system setting to auto-rotate
Source code is published under the MIT license.
6. control screen rotation
Control your screen orientation very easily from your device notification bar.
Prevent screen auto rotation and choose the screen orientation that you want with any application
Sensor orientation (auto rotation)
PLEASE NOTICE THAT:
Some screen orientations may not available in some devices