If you are looking for the Best Running Apps For iPhone With Heart Rate to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Running Apps For iPhone With Heart Rate that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Running Apps For iPhone With Heart Rate, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Running Apps For iPhone With Heart Rate
1. Map My Run by Under Armour
“Whether you’re just starting out on your fitness journey or a seasoned runner, you’ll find the features and tools needed to stay on track and motivated to hit your goals. Get customizable Training Plans, personalized coaching tips to make running feel easier, and more. Stay inspired with a community of over 60 million athletes all supporting your shared commitment to health and fitness.
– Named Top 10 Apps for Runners by The Guardian
– Featured in the NY Times, TechCrunch, Wired, & TIME
– Voted Best Running App Readers’ Choice on About.com
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– Track runs directly from your Apple Watch app and get visual, haptic, and audio progress updates in real-time.
– Connect Under Armour connected shoes to the app and wearable devices for a Premium experience, more data to improve your run, and route tracking.
– Sync with the latest apps and most wearables, including Apple Health, Apple Watch, Garmin, and more.
– Take control of nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
– Log over 600+ activities with the largest selection of activities, including: running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga, and more.
– Get real-time audio coaching on GPS-tracked runs, with customizable voice for stats like pace, distance, and elevation.
– Connect with 400+ devices to import and analyze all your data in one place.
– Use Routes to find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share with others.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Unlock the best tools to turn your goals into achievable plans with a Premium membership.
– Use Live Tracking to share real-time running location and give loved ones peace of mind.
– Execute Training Plans and reach weight loss or distance goals with personalized plans that adapt dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
– Monitor & analyze heart rate zones to adjust your training based on goals.
– Set a goal for your run and stay on track with audio coach updates, including pace, cadence, distance, duration, calories, and more.
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Apple Health permissions allow us to track your heart rate accurately, update activity rings, and save your workout data.”
2. Pacer Pedometer & Step Tracker
“Pacer is like having a walking buddy and health coach in one app. You can track all your activities in one beautifully intuitive interface. And you’ll get motivation and support from our amazing Pacer community. Pacer’s fun challenges, amazing data insights, outdoor routes, personalized fitness plans and guided workouts will help you achieve your unique fitness goals. Be active and feel great anywhere, any time!
Hear what some of our users are saying:
“Really like this highly addictive app…” ~Sparky731
“Best app I’ve ever used helping me lose a few pounds a week…” ~Gerryofkellys
“…I’m just grateful to this app for being a major catalyst to my health and fitness transformation… my husband and I have lost well over 100lbs” ~LaToya M
“…I’ve lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months by just trying to beat my walking distance daily at work. I love the daily goal. Cheaper and better than a gym membership and a 1000x’s more effective!” ~Covette92
GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY FOR FREE
-No wristband or other hardware required. Works entirely from your phone with no additional setup
TRACK ALL YOUR ACTIVITY
-Tracks your steps all day long whether your phone is in your hand, in your pocket, in your jacket, on an armband or in your purse
-Link to Apple Health to track with your Apple Watch
-Records steps, flights, calories, distance and active time
-Use GPS to track your outdoor walking, hiking, running and biking on a map
LOSE WEIGHT & GET FIT
-Track your weight and BMI over time, and correlate changes with your activity and other vitals
STAY MOTIVATED WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS
-Create walking groups with your friends and family to compare daily steps in real-time
-Connect with friends using iPhone or any other smartphones
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
-Stay motivated and on track with day-by-day Goals
-Support and motivate other users who share your goals
***Other Great Features***
-Syncs steps and calories with MyFitnessPal
-Syncs your data to Apple Health App
-Link to Apple Health to sync data from your Apple Watch
-Track your blood pressure along with activity and weight
-Create plans and set daily goals for yourself
-Based on science: track your metrics against standards provided by the World Health Organization, American Heart Association and President’s Fitness Council.
Other apps can track your walks, hikes, runs or workout sessions, but no other app can give you this level of comprehensive activity tracking and insight all on your iPhone with such a simple interface. Before you spend your money on an expensive wearable device, try Pacer first!
And remember, stay active!
***GET BETTER RESULTS WITH PACER PREMIUM***
Unlock powerful tools to help you reach your health goals.
-Scientifically designed guided workouts
-Weight loss coaching program
-Advanced data reports and insights
Subscriptions to Pacer Premium are $9.99 per month or $49.99 for a full year. Pacer Premium subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account after your confirmation of purchase.
You can use your iTunes account to subscribe and pay for Pacer Premium. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will renew automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the current period ends. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and will renew at the same cost. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that service, where applicable.
***Location Based Services ***
This app has an optional feature for more accurate tracking that makes use of iOS’s location based services.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background may dramatically decrease battery life.”
3. Runkeeper—Distance Run Tracker
“Reach your running goals with the ASICS Runkeeper™ app. Track exercise, set measurable goals and see progress along the way—whether you’re just getting into running, training for a race or trying to reach a new personal record, we can help.
MOTIVATION TO MOVE
• Track workouts: Record activities like running, walking, biking, hiking and more manually or with GPS.
• Set goals: Maybe you want to get faster, run farther or lose a little weight. No matter your goal, we’ll help you reach it.
•Listen to audio: Choose the stats you want to hear during your activity like pace, distance, and time (available in five additional motivating voices in English), plus Apple Music and Spotify integration
• Follow a plan: Routines lead to progress. Choose a personalized plan that will help get you out the door, day after day.
• Stay motivated: Join in-app challenges, get exercise rewards, participate in virtual running groups and share achievements.
• See progress: It’s what this is all about. We’ll log your stats to show you how you’re progressing against your running goals.
SYNC WITH EASE
• Apple Watch integration: Leave your phone at home and still track stats.
• Bluetooth connectivity: connect wireless headphones and heart-rate monitors.
• Fitness tracker integration: Connect your Garmin, Fitbit and other styles in seconds.
• Apple Health integration: Connect to share your Runkeeper workout details (including calories, route, and heart rate) to Apple Health and sync your Health measurements to Runkeeper.
• Partner apps: Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal and more.
UPGRADE YOUR PERFORMANCE
Get the Runkeeper GO™ premium membership for more effective ways to reach your fitness goals, from 5Ks to marathons.
Strategize for your next race by taking advantage of tailored race-training plans designed to help you run stronger and faster for race day.
Compare your workouts with a variety of detailed progress insights and live tracking to closely monitor your training along the way.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
4. Track My Run & Heart Rate-RunX
“The new RunX includes workouts for all race distances written by Coach and U.S. Olympian Kate O’Neill Tenforde. Workouts are pre-programmed – just select and run. Choose from a variety of fun daily workouts to challenge yourself or train for a race.
For both experienced and new runners, the RunX GPS running app offers patented training tools to improve your fitness and race times. See your fitness improve and yourself get faster with our patented run heart rate benchmarking and lactate threshold tracking. Because the pursuit of excellence is for everyone.
We tell you how fast to run. We give you a target pace and guide you each time you run. As your training progresses, you perform different runs at different paces. Each pace has a different purpose: endurance, speed, or power.
See how much your fitness improves with our integrated heart rate fitness tracking tools. Test your fitness at any time by performing tailored workouts with automatically personalized goals and parameters. Note: You must wear a Bluetooth heart rate monitor (sold separately) to take advantage of our HR based features.
Get better faster. Tracking your heart rate fitness allows us to update your target paces so you always run at optimal speed – not too slow and not too fast. Get the most fitness benefit out of each run.
Race smarter with our Race Predictor. Armed with your predicted race pace, know how fast to start the race to achieve your best possible time.
Ready to train smarter and run faster? Download RunX now.
Find us at http://runxfit.com/ for instructions, details on our advanced heart rate based fitness tracking tools, and FAQ.
All the features you need to get better:
• GPS running, walking, jogging, and fitness app.
• Integrated heart rate based fitness tools automatically set key workout goals and parameters.
• For select runs, sync your Bluetooth heart rate monitor so we can perform our advanced heart rate based fitness tracking.
• No HR monitor needed for RunX pacing and tracking.
• Training plans available for 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, and Marathon race distances. Training plans include our fitness testing and pace updating tools.
• Plans incorporate unique proprietary RunX features. Plans are reusable and include a wide variety of fun, pre-programmed, and coached workouts targeting different running systems. Workouts are the type elite runners perform, and you can use them at any time using our easy-browse system.
• Virtual Pacer feature allows you to run with a virtual partner running at the pace you want. Hear how far ahead or behind you are from your partner.
• Set workout goals based on pace, time, or distance.
• Enter your race times to receive workout training paces.
• Receive real time voice coaching during your run about your heart rate, pace, time, and distance.
• Get all the detailed statistics you need: distance, time, calories, pace, heart rate, elevation profile, split data.
• Map your running route in real time, view your workout history, and listen to music.
• Covered by U.S. Patent No. 8,784,115 and 10,300,334.
Note: Use of GPS can dramatically decrease battery life. Your individual results using RunX Fit may vary and we can make no guarantee of particular outcomes. Please consult with a physician before beginning any exercise program.”
5. Zones for Training
Zones supports over 70 types of workouts like Running, Walking, Cycling, Treadmill, Exercise Bike, and Strength Training. Great for outdoor/indoor/gym workouts.
Measure it on your Apple Watch, review it on your iPhone. Efficient workouts with Zones!
◎ Monitor real-time exercise intensity and heart rate during workouts. (Apple Watch only)
◎ Show your time spent in the four Heart Rate Zones.
◎ Display all workouts data from the Apple Health app, so that you can use Zones as a total workouts dashboard.
■ Training With Heart Rate Zones
Everybody has a different purpose for their training. Someone run for diet, someone ride for improving their cardio endurance. Exercising at the correct intensity can help you get the most out of your workouts.
This app shows you your exercise intensity using your real-time heart rate, and it has four heart rate zones to understand your exercise intensity at a glance.
• PEAK – for improving performance and speed.
• CARDIO – for improving cardio endurance.
• FAT BURN – For longer exercise. Predominantly uses fat for energy.
• WARM UP – For preparation and recovery.
With these four zones, you can start heart rate training very easily and quickly.
You don’t have to remember your target heart rate or intensity %.
■ Measuring with Apple Watch
◎ Heart Rate and Exercise Intensity in real-time
• You can easily see which Heart Rate Zone you are in while exercise.
• Your Apple Watch taps you on the wrist when heart rate zone changes.
• Automatic pause/resume function (Running only)
◎ Review your improvements with Recovery Heart Rate
Recovery Heart Rate is the difference between your exercising heart rate and your heart rate one minutes after the exercise has stopped.
It is a good indicator to gauge your fitness level!
This app measures it automatically right after your workouts. (Over CARDIO intensities only)
◎ Leave your iPhone at home
You can leave your iPhone at home when you go for training!
※ Measurement function is only available on the Apple Watch.
■ Detailed Information of Your Workouts
◎ Details of Workout
• Active Calories
• Distance, Pace, Splits
• Time in heart rate zones
• Heart Rate and Exercise Intensity (Average, min/max heart rate)
• Graphs of heart rate and pace
• Show your workout on Widgets (requires iOS 14)
◎ Insights (Graphs & Lists)
• Recent Workouts
• Weekly Calories Burned
• Top 10 Distance
• Running Pace
■ Many Ways to Use Zones
◎ Supports over 70 types of workouts
Running, Walking, Cycling, Core Training, Flexibility, Strength Training… and so on!
◎ Works great with other apps through the Apple Health
Zones reads all Workouts data from the Apple Health app, so you can use Zones as a total workouts dashboard.
In this way, you can continue using the apps you already love. Of course, you can see your workouts data from Apple Workouts app in Zones.
◎ Upgrade to PRO
• Stats (Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
• Create & customize Insights
• Change Heart Rate Zones
• Create Custom Workouts (5 Zones)
• Edit Workout Name”