If you are looking for the Best Screen Orientation App For Android Tv to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Screen Orientation App For Android Tv that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Screen Orientation App For Android Tv, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Screen Orientation App For Android Tv
1. Screen Rotation Control
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
– 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
– Specify the auto rotation screen
– All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
– Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
– Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
– Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)”
2. Screen Orientation Control
“This is an application that fixes the screen in a specific orientation or rotates according to the sensor, regardless of the attributes of the displayed application.
You can change the screen orientation from the notification area. It is also possible to associate a specific application with the screen orientation and switch settings when the application starts.
Not all settings are available because some screen orientations are not supported by some devices.
Because this app forcibly changes the display of the running application, it can become inoperable or, in the worst case, cause a crash.
Please use at your own risk.
Even if a problem occurs, please refrain from making inquiries to the developer of the application as it will be a nuisance.
How this app works
This application displays the UI on a layer above other general applications.
It’s transparent, no size and untouchable, so it’s invisible to the user, but by changing the screen orientation requirements of this UI, it has a higher priority than apps that are normally visible to the user. The OS recognizes it as a high instruction.
In addition, this application will remain resident in the background to display the UI even after it is closed.
Therefore, the UI that resides in the notification bar is displayed. This is because Android rules need to display something in the notification bar in order to stay in the background.
Due to this mechanism, there are some restrictions.
– Although it can change the display of the notification bar, it cannot hide. I often request that you want to turn off the display, but please note that this is impossible due to the system.
– The system may recognize that it is the cause of battery consumption. In that case, this application may be terminated. If the app quits frequently, you may be able to avoid it by setting power saving, so please check the settings of your device.
– Since it has a UI above other apps, it may be recognized as an app that induces unauthorized operations. Therefore, this application may be detected and a warning may be displayed or operation may be prohibited. This app is not such an app, but please note that it will be an unavoidable problem as long as it uses the same mechanism as the fraudulent app.
– If you use this app together with other apps that display overlays, it may cause functional conflicts and may not function properly.
Settings possible with this application
The following settings are possible
– Unspecified orientation from this app. Device will be the original orientation of the displayed app
– Rotate based on sensor information
– Fixed to portrait
– Fixed to landscape
– Fixed to reverse portrait
– Fixed to reverse landscape
– Fixed to portrait, automatically flip upside down by sensor
– Fixed to landscape, automatically flip upside down by sensor
– Rotate it 90 degrees to the left with respect to the sensor. If you lie on left lateral and use it, the top and bottom will match.
– Rotate it 90 degrees to the right with respect to the sensor. If you lie on right lateral and use it, the top and bottom will match.
– Rotate 180 degrees with respect to the sensor. If you use this by headstand, the top and bottom will match.
– If you can not fix in the opposite direction of the portrait / landscape, try changing the system setting to auto-rotate
Source code is published under the MIT license.
3. Rotation | Orientation Manager
“Rotation is a tool to manage the device orientation. It offers all the modes that Android supports and can be configured according to the apps or various events like call, lock, headset, charging and dock. Let’s give it a try to explore its other features.
• Auto-rotate on • Auto-rotate off
• Forced auto-rotate • Forced portrait • Forced landscape
• Reverse portrait • Reverse landscape • Sensor portrait • Sensor landscape
• Forced full sensor • Lock Current – Lock current orientation
• Call orientation • Lock orientation • Headset orientation
• Charging orientation • Dock orientation • App orientation
• Events priority – Customizable events preference in case of two or more events occur simultaneously.
# Change orientation of the foreground app or events with a fully customizable floating head (or notification or tile) available on the top of supported tasks.
• A dynamic theme engine with background-aware functionality to avoid any visibility issues.
• Start on boot • Notification • Vibration and more.
• Widgets, shortcuts and notification tiles to perform various operations.
# Rotation extension to automate over 40 actions via Locale / Tasker plugin.
• Quick setup to configure major features at once.
• Dedicated support section to troubleshoot general issues.
# Perform backup and restore operations to save and load the app settings.
Features marked with # are paid and Rotation Key is required to use them.
English, Deutsch, Español, Indonesia, Italiano, Português, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體)
Internet access – To display ads in free version.
Retrieve running apps – To detect foreground app.
Usage statistics (Android 5.0+) – To detect foreground app.
Modify system settings – To change display orientation settings.
Draw over other apps – To change foreground orientation.
Read device state and identity – To change the phone call orientation.
Run at startup – To start service when device boots up.
Control vibration – To vibrate device when orientation changes.
Modify USB storage (Android 4.3 and below) – To create and restore backup.
It uses an accessibility service to provide a better experience and to force the lock screen orientation on Android 8.0+ devices. It will not access window content or any other sensitive data.
Rotation > Conditions > Events > Accessibility.
– Buy Rotation Key for more features and to support the development.
– In case of bugs/issues, please contact me via email before making any review.
– Some apps might not work properly when forced to work in certain orientations. Use Auto-rotate on/off from conditions to use system settings for those apps.
– Reverse portrait is disabled on some Xiaomi (MIUI) devices with default launcher. Please try any other launcher (home screen) to make it work.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.”
4. Rotation Control
You also can prevent the other application from changing screen orientation.
The following rotation modes are available.
– Guard: this application prevents the other application from changing screen orientation.
– Auto Rotation: screen orientation is determined by a physical orientation sensor.
– Portrait: the screen is in a portrait orientation.
– Portrait (Reverse): the screen is in a portrait orientation; the opposite direction from normal portrait.
– Portrait (Sensor): the screen is in a portrait orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
– Landscape: the screen is in a landscape orientation.
– Landscape (Reverse): the screen is in a landscape orientation; the opposite direction from normal landscape.
– Landscape (Sensor): the screen is in a landscape orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
* Depending on the device, you may not be able to use several modes.
* If “Guard” mode is active, you cannot click “install” button when you want to install an application. When you want to install an application, you should inactivate “Guard” mode or this application.”
5. Rotation Manager – Screen Orientation Manager
“Rotate device screen to landscape automatically when i open youtube app or video player.
Make it auto rotate when i use Calculator. or only portrait mode for particular game i play.
Rotation Manager app makes this possible for complete rotation control.
Based on the app you are running, Rotation Manager automatically change the device orientation. Rotation manager design to make this task easy for you. Choose the app you want to auto rotate based on the rotation mode you set for them.
How to use:
1. App shows list of installed apps & system apps from your device. enable auto rotation for the app you want, turn switch ON at right side of app name.
2. App shows different Rotation mode, Landscape, Portrait, Auto. Choose the mode for the app you selected.
That’s all, easy and quick.
◇ Enable apps for auto rotation control.
◇ Automatically changes the rotation mode when you open the app.
◇ Default rotation mode for apps those are not configured.
◇ Clean and easy UI to configure quickly.
App need following permissions to complete the task, please allow this permission for the app when you first time open the app.
Modify system settings: permission need to change Rotation mode settings automatically.
Usage Access: permission needed to check currently running app for applying rotation mode changes.
✔ Please make sure Rotation Manager is ON, Check the switch at right top corner.
✔ App also provides default Rotation setting for the apps those are not configured,
so when you leave any app, the default settings gets applied. find this in app setting screen.
✔ By default, this default rotation setting is OFF, this means, Rotation mode will remain same after leaving the app you enabled for auto rotation.
Please try app and let us know, what more we can do to improve the app and to make app more useful to all users.
If you like the app, please leave your review and rating on playstore.
6. Force Rotation: Auto Screen Orientation
You can define profile for each app, it will be applied when the corresponding app is running. There is also a default profile for all other apps which is not included.
* Draw over other apps (apply rotation settings)
* Usage access (check current running app name, and find out the app profile for application)”