If you are looking for the Best Sleep Aid Apps iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Sleep Aid Apps iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Sleep Aid Apps iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Sleep Aid Apps iPhone
1. BetterSleep: Relax and Sleep
→ “Best app for sleep” – Reviewed.com
→ Named Apple’s “App of the Day” 10 times
→ “The most positively reviewed app in the history of the Apple Store” – Business Insider
Sleep better. Feel better.
BetterSleep helps you understand and improve your sleep with sleep tracking, premium sleep sounds and guided content curated just for you. Doesn’t that sound dreamy?
Recommended by leading doctors, neuropsychologists, and sleep experts, BetterSleep is also validated by millions of users around the world. 91% of our listeners say they slept better after using the app for just one week.
Premium audio content
Fall asleep easily, sleep soundly, and develop lasting sleep habits, with dreamy soundscapes, narrated stories, hypnosis and meditations that really work, all perfectly tuned to your needs.
Track your sleep, understand how it works and let us propose actionable ways to improve it.
Learn about the science behind your unique sleep needs and discover your personal chronotype.
More than 300 sleep sounds & music tracks:
More than 250 meditations & hypnosis:
Stress and anxiety relief
More than 100 sleep stories:
Myths and legends
Bedtime reminders: Set one every night for more restful sleep
Timers: Stop the app after a set amount of time
Favorites: A section to add your favorite mixes
Playlist: Select your favorite content and create your sleep-inducing playlist
Smart Mix: Make distracting audio loops disappear and enjoy seamless sound mixes
…and lots more!
BetterSleep optionally integrates with the HealthKit to track your sleep
Brought to you by Ipnos,
Need help with the app? Try our live chat support:
Read more about our terms and conditions here :
Terms of service: https://www.ipnos.com/end-user-license-agreement/”
2. Calm: Sleep & Meditation
** 2017 App of the Year ** — Apple
** Happiest App in the World ** — Center for Humane Technology
Calm is the #1 app for Sleep, Meditation and Relaxation. Join the millions experiencing better sleep, lower stress, and less anxiety with our guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs, stretching exercises, and relaxing music. Calm is recommended by top psychologists, therapists, and mental health experts.
Calm is the perfect mindfulness app for beginners, but also includes hundreds of programs for intermediate and advanced users. Guided meditation sessions are available in lengths of 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes so you can choose the perfect length to fit with your schedule.
Sleep Stories are bedtime stories that are guaranteed to lull you into a deep and restful slumber. Calm has 100+ exclusive Sleep Stories for adults and children alike, featuring well-known talent such as Stephen Fry, Matthew McConaughey, Leona Lewis, and Jerome Flynn. Drift off to dreamland and wake up refreshed.
Sleep Stories include:
* Wonder – Join Matthew McConaughey on a dreamy story about the mysteries of the universe.
* Blue Gold – Let master storyteller Stephen Fry take you on a calming journey through the lavender fields and sleepy village of Provence
* The Nordland Night Train – Travel up the scenic coast of Norway aboard one of Europe’s most breathtaking and remote railways.
* Happy Little Zzzs with Bob Ross – Drift off to the soothing brush strokes of beloved painter and TV host Bob Ross.
* And many more…
Mindfulness Topics include:
* Deep Sleep
* Calming Anxiety
* Managing Stress
* Focus and Concentration
* Breaking Habits
* Body Scan
* Mindfulness at Work
* Mindful Walking
* Calm Kids
* And so much more…
* An original Daily Calm every day: a 10-minute program added daily to help ease you into the day or unwind with before bed
* 7 and 21 day mindfulness programs for both beginner and advanced users
* Calm Masterclass: Life changing audio classes featuring world-renowned experts
* Calm Body: Mindful stretching and movement to relax your body during the day
* Music: Exclusive music engineered to help you focus, relax or sleep
* Soundscapes: Ocean waves, Heavy Rain, Camp Fire, Babbling Brook, and other sounds to help you sleep
* Breathing exercises to help you relax
* Unguided timed meditation
* 30+ soothing nature sounds and scenes to use during meditation, yoga or to help you sleep
Track your progress with:
* Daily Streaks
* Mindful Minutes
Calm saves your meditation and sleep sessions to your Apple Health app.
Subscription pricing and terms:
Calm offers an auto-renewing monthly subscription at $14.99/month and an auto-renewing yearly subscription at $69.99/year to provide you with unlimited access to the Calm Collection while you maintain an active subscription. Calm also offers a Lifetime subscription for $399.99 which is paid for by a one-off upfront payment with unlimited access to the Calm Collection forever.
Payment will be charged to the credit card connected to your iTunes Account when you confirm the initial subscription purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be identified. You may manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after the purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
Terms of service: https://www.calm.com/terms
3. Sleep Cycle – Sleep Tracker
Start your day feeling energised with Sleep Cycle’s intelligent alarm clock, designed to gently wake you up while you’re in your lightest sleep phase. Plus, you’ll get a detailed analysis as our sleep tracker monitors your bedtime patterns from the moment your head hits the pillow, and access to premium features including relaxing sleep sounds and story library
3 REASONS YOU’LL LOVE SLEEP CYCLE:
1. Gently does it – Waking you up while you’re in a light sleep is the natural way to wake up.
2. Understand your sleep – Learn about your bedtime patterns with detailed sleep tracking and analyses.
3. Nothing under your pillow or to wear on your body – Simply turn Sleep Cycle on before going to bed and place your device on your nightstand or close by on the floor. Sleep Cycle uses sound analysis to identify sleep states, using your microphone as a sleep recorder, tracking your movements in bed.
Understanding your sleeping patterns mean you can wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start your day. Download the Sleep Cycle app today for the easiest way to get a good night’s sleep.
FREE SLEEP TRACKER FEATURES
√ Sleep analysis with Sleep Cycle patented sound technology or accelerometer
√ Detailed sleep statistics and daily sleep graphs
√ Fully integrated with Apple Health, exchanging sleep analysis and heart rate
√ Carefully selected alarm melodies
√ Snooze by shaking or double tapping the phone lightly
PREMIUM SLEEP TRACKER FEATURES
√ Customizable wake-up window. From instant (regular alarm clock), up to 90 minutes
√ Sound recorder & Trends – Capture snoring, sleep talking and other sounds and view your trends
√ Sleep Aid – our library of sleep stories, relaxation guides and calm sleep sounds specially designed to help you fall asleep easier. (Mindfulness & meditation)
√ Trends – gather long-term trends on your sleep patterns
√ Comparison Data – Compare your sleep patterns to world sleep statistics
√ Weather & Sleep – See how different types of weather affect your sleep quality
√ Sleep Notes – See how events such as drinking coffee, stress, working out or eating late affect your sleep quality
√ Wake-up Mood – See how Sleep Cycle affects your wake-up mood over time
√ Online Backup – Lets you secure your sleep data online
√ Data Export – Download sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
√ Philips HUE Light Bulb Support – Simulate a natural sunrise to give you an even softer wake-up
Ability to charge your phone by the bed.
Ability to place your phone near the bed, such as on a nightstand table or on the floor.
The optional Premium subscription costs £29.49 per year.
It will be charged from your iTunes account after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends with the same kind of subscription you already bought at the same price. To avoid automatic renewal, you must cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before it expires. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. It’s not possible to abort the subscription during the time it’s active. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase the premium subscription. Terms and Privacy: https://www.sleepcycle.com/privacy-policy/”
4. Sleep Sounds & White Noise
“Get a whole night of peaceful sleep. You don’t need to spend sleepless nights anymore. Listen to sleep stories, natural sounds, and other sleep music. Seclude yourself from all the noises and disturbances around you and immerse yourself into the most profound tranquil state of mind. White noise helps you fall asleep in a very short time. Get relaxed and let all your worries and tensions go away. Dive into the deepest stage of sleep. Let yourself travel through the longest valleys of sweet dreams. We have included the contents that allow you to find the tranquility in your mind that you get through meditation. Let yourself indulge in the deepest stage of inner peace.
The sleep meditation feature of this app improves your quality of sleep. It helps to maintain and preserve your regular sleeping cycle. Acquire mindfulness skills and stay focused and conscious. Hence, you can be more productive in your life. Create your chimes using the composer, depending on your mood.
Play bedtime stories for your kids that have been carefully picked up. So, it’s safe for all ages.
Key Features of Sleep Sounds:
– Sleep quickly listening to Natural Sounds, Sleep Music, or White Noise
– Bedtime sleep stories to help your kid get into a deep sleep really quick
– Guided meditations on subjects like Beginners, Anxiety, Focus and Sleep
– Pleasing background themes with relaxing music
– Compose your own melodies by mixing different tunes available in the app
– Mark any music as favorites
– Bedtime reminder to help you prepare for your bed
– Set up alarms and wake up with relaxing melodies
Auto-Renewable Subscription Terms:
Subscribe to get unrestricted access to all the features outlined above.
• Subscription Length: Weekly, Yearly
• Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your Apple ID account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
• You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Disclaimer: This app is free to download, but you will be required to sign-up for an auto-renewing subscription to access the app’s full functionality.”
5. Sleep Sounds by Sleep Pillow
“With Sleep Pillow’s sleep sounds you’ll sleep tonight, guaranteed.
It’s the most effective & highest quality sleep app, with a multitude of hight quality sleep sounds and over 9,400,000 happy customers. This app is made to help you fall asleep and stay sleep though the night.
FEATURED on ABC, CBS, BBC, Wall Street Journal, Successful Living, AppAdvice, AppCraver, and many others!
This is the famous “APP THAT HELPS THE WORLD SLEEP”. Turn it on and you’ll be asleep in minutes, guaranteed.
White Noise Sleep Pillow provides an advanced set of high quality ambient sounds, premixed for perfect sleep enhancement. The sleep sounds are recorded and enhanced to relax and make you fall sleep fast. They isolate, create a relaxed environment, and gently ease you into a cyclical sleep pattern.
The way these sounds are created will induce sleep even for difficult sleepers or in the noisiest environments.
— ULTIMATE SOUND SET —
● Naturally recorded sounds
● Sleep sound mixes – up to 300,000 combos
● Pre-mastered & high quality
—- FEATURES —-
● Sleep timer with slow fade-out
● Alarm clock with slow fade-in
● App runs in the background
● App runs while device locked / screen dark
● Favorite sounds shortlist
● High quality nature images, to set the mood
— PRESS & MEDIA QUOTES —
● Wall Street Journal: “the hottest tracks on digital playlists: oscillating fan, crickets, waves…”
● AppAdvice: “No matter what the reason, White Noise Sleep Pillow can make a stressful mood just disappear.”
● 148Apps: “amazing sleep app, remarkably easy to use… the sound effects included are recorded really well.”
● Successful Living: “Great for those nights you have trouble falling asleep… it keeps its promise of getting you to sleep.”
● AppCraver: “Cure Insomnia with iPhone and Sleep Pillow.”
● WGNA Radio: “There’s an app to help you sleep!”
—– CUSTOMER REVIEWS —–
Cobra16: “Great. After 30 years of chronic pain because of an accident, and using strong medications to put me to sleep, this is a god send. The free app let me go to sleep in less than 10 minutes. After two nights of restful sleep, I purchased the full version. Now, I am on my fourth night without narcotics. Thank You.”
Shannon Griffin: “…White Noise Sleep Pillow was a complete lifesaver… I wonder how I ever managed without”
TuneMeee: “I was not convinced it could get me to sleep until I woke up many hours later looking for my phone.”
Zina zinelor: “…thank you for making my life a little better”
Callmeloislane: “…this white noise app is literally the only thing that will put me to sleep…”
● We are here for you: firstname.lastname@example.org”