If you are looking for the Best Sleep App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Sleep App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Sleep App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Sleep App iPhone
1. BetterSleep: Relax and Sleep
→ “Best app for sleep” – Reviewed.com
→ Named Apple’s “App of the Day” 10 times
→ “The most positively reviewed app in the history of the Apple Store” – Business Insider
Sleep better. Feel better.
BetterSleep helps you understand and improve your sleep with sleep tracking, premium sleep sounds and guided content curated just for you. Doesn’t that sound dreamy?
Recommended by leading doctors, neuropsychologists, and sleep experts, BetterSleep is also validated by millions of users around the world. 91% of our listeners say they slept better after using the app for just one week.
Premium audio content
Fall asleep easily, sleep soundly, and develop lasting sleep habits, with dreamy soundscapes, narrated stories, hypnosis and meditations that really work, all perfectly tuned to your needs.
Track your sleep, understand how it works and let us propose actionable ways to improve it.
Learn about the science behind your unique sleep needs and discover your personal chronotype.
More than 300 sleep sounds & music tracks:
More than 250 meditations & hypnosis:
Stress and anxiety relief
More than 100 sleep stories:
Myths and legends
Bedtime reminders: Set one every night for more restful sleep
Timers: Stop the app after a set amount of time
Favorites: A section to add your favorite mixes
Playlist: Select your favorite content and create your sleep-inducing playlist
Smart Mix: Make distracting audio loops disappear and enjoy seamless sound mixes
…and lots more!
BetterSleep optionally integrates with the HealthKit to track your sleep
Brought to you by Ipnos,
Need help with the app? Try our live chat support:
Read more about our terms and conditions here :
Terms of service: https://www.ipnos.com/end-user-license-agreement/”
2. Calm: Sleep & Meditation
** 2017 App of the Year ** — Apple
** Happiest App in the World ** — Center for Humane Technology
Calm is the #1 app for Sleep, Meditation and Relaxation. Join the millions experiencing better sleep, lower stress, and less anxiety with our guided meditations, Sleep Stories, breathing programs, stretching exercises, and relaxing music. Calm is recommended by top psychologists, therapists, and mental health experts.
Calm is the perfect mindfulness app for beginners, but also includes hundreds of programs for intermediate and advanced users. Guided meditation sessions are available in lengths of 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes so you can choose the perfect length to fit with your schedule.
Sleep Stories are bedtime stories that are guaranteed to lull you into a deep and restful slumber. Calm has 100+ exclusive Sleep Stories for adults and children alike, featuring well-known talent such as Stephen Fry, Matthew McConaughey, Leona Lewis, and Jerome Flynn. Drift off to dreamland and wake up refreshed.
Sleep Stories include:
* Wonder – Join Matthew McConaughey on a dreamy story about the mysteries of the universe.
* Blue Gold – Let master storyteller Stephen Fry take you on a calming journey through the lavender fields and sleepy village of Provence
* The Nordland Night Train – Travel up the scenic coast of Norway aboard one of Europe’s most breathtaking and remote railways.
* Happy Little Zzzs with Bob Ross – Drift off to the soothing brush strokes of beloved painter and TV host Bob Ross.
* And many more…
Mindfulness Topics include:
* Deep Sleep
* Calming Anxiety
* Managing Stress
* Focus and Concentration
* Breaking Habits
* Body Scan
* Mindfulness at Work
* Mindful Walking
* Calm Kids
* And so much more…
* An original Daily Calm every day: a 10-minute program added daily to help ease you into the day or unwind with before bed
* 7 and 21 day mindfulness programs for both beginner and advanced users
* Calm Masterclass: Life changing audio classes featuring world-renowned experts
* Calm Body: Mindful stretching and movement to relax your body during the day
* Music: Exclusive music engineered to help you focus, relax or sleep
* Soundscapes: Ocean waves, Heavy Rain, Camp Fire, Babbling Brook, and other sounds to help you sleep
* Breathing exercises to help you relax
* Unguided timed meditation
* 30+ soothing nature sounds and scenes to use during meditation, yoga or to help you sleep
Track your progress with:
* Daily Streaks
* Mindful Minutes
Calm saves your meditation and sleep sessions to your Apple Health app.
Subscription pricing and terms:
Calm offers an auto-renewing monthly subscription at $14.99/month and an auto-renewing yearly subscription at $69.99/year to provide you with unlimited access to the Calm Collection while you maintain an active subscription. Calm also offers a Lifetime subscription for $399.99 which is paid for by a one-off upfront payment with unlimited access to the Calm Collection forever.
Payment will be charged to the credit card connected to your iTunes Account when you confirm the initial subscription purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be identified. You may manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after the purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here:
Terms of service: https://www.calm.com/terms
3. Sleep Cycle – Sleep Tracker
Start your day feeling energised with Sleep Cycle’s intelligent alarm clock, designed to gently wake you up while you’re in your lightest sleep phase. Plus, you’ll get a detailed analysis as our sleep tracker monitors your bedtime patterns from the moment your head hits the pillow, and access to premium features including relaxing sleep sounds and story library
3 REASONS YOU’LL LOVE SLEEP CYCLE:
1. Gently does it – Waking you up while you’re in a light sleep is the natural way to wake up.
2. Understand your sleep – Learn about your bedtime patterns with detailed sleep tracking and analyses.
3. Nothing under your pillow or to wear on your body – Simply turn Sleep Cycle on before going to bed and place your device on your nightstand or close by on the floor. Sleep Cycle uses sound analysis to identify sleep states, using your microphone as a sleep recorder, tracking your movements in bed.
Understanding your sleeping patterns mean you can wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start your day. Download the Sleep Cycle app today for the easiest way to get a good night’s sleep.
FREE SLEEP TRACKER FEATURES
√ Sleep analysis with Sleep Cycle patented sound technology or accelerometer
√ Detailed sleep statistics and daily sleep graphs
√ Fully integrated with Apple Health, exchanging sleep analysis and heart rate
√ Carefully selected alarm melodies
√ Snooze by shaking or double tapping the phone lightly
PREMIUM SLEEP TRACKER FEATURES
√ Customizable wake-up window. From instant (regular alarm clock), up to 90 minutes
√ Sound recorder & Trends – Capture snoring, sleep talking and other sounds and view your trends
√ Sleep Aid – our library of sleep stories, relaxation guides and calm sleep sounds specially designed to help you fall asleep easier. (Mindfulness & meditation)
√ Trends – gather long-term trends on your sleep patterns
√ Comparison Data – Compare your sleep patterns to world sleep statistics
√ Weather & Sleep – See how different types of weather affect your sleep quality
√ Sleep Notes – See how events such as drinking coffee, stress, working out or eating late affect your sleep quality
√ Wake-up Mood – See how Sleep Cycle affects your wake-up mood over time
√ Online Backup – Lets you secure your sleep data online
√ Data Export – Download sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
√ Philips HUE Light Bulb Support – Simulate a natural sunrise to give you an even softer wake-up
Ability to charge your phone by the bed.
Ability to place your phone near the bed, such as on a nightstand table or on the floor.
The optional Premium subscription costs £29.49 per year.
It will be charged from your iTunes account after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends with the same kind of subscription you already bought at the same price. To avoid automatic renewal, you must cancel the subscription at least 24 hours before it expires. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. It’s not possible to abort the subscription during the time it’s active. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase the premium subscription. Terms and Privacy: https://www.sleepcycle.com/privacy-policy/”
4. Sleep Sounds & White Noise
“Get a whole night of peaceful sleep. You don’t need to spend sleepless nights anymore. Listen to sleep stories, natural sounds, and other sleep music. Seclude yourself from all the noises and disturbances around you and immerse yourself into the most profound tranquil state of mind. White noise helps you fall asleep in a very short time. Get relaxed and let all your worries and tensions go away. Dive into the deepest stage of sleep. Let yourself travel through the longest valleys of sweet dreams. We have included the contents that allow you to find the tranquility in your mind that you get through meditation. Let yourself indulge in the deepest stage of inner peace.
The sleep meditation feature of this app improves your quality of sleep. It helps to maintain and preserve your regular sleeping cycle. Acquire mindfulness skills and stay focused and conscious. Hence, you can be more productive in your life. Create your chimes using the composer, depending on your mood.
Play bedtime stories for your kids that have been carefully picked up. So, it’s safe for all ages.
Key Features of Sleep Sounds:
– Sleep quickly listening to Natural Sounds, Sleep Music, or White Noise
– Bedtime sleep stories to help your kid get into a deep sleep really quick
– Guided meditations on subjects like Beginners, Anxiety, Focus and Sleep
– Pleasing background themes with relaxing music
– Compose your own melodies by mixing different tunes available in the app
– Mark any music as favorites
– Bedtime reminder to help you prepare for your bed
– Set up alarms and wake up with relaxing melodies
Auto-Renewable Subscription Terms:
Subscribe to get unrestricted access to all the features outlined above.
• Subscription Length: Weekly, Yearly
• Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your Apple ID account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
• You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Disclaimer: This app is free to download, but you will be required to sign-up for an auto-renewing subscription to access the app’s full functionality.”
Sleep++ takes advantage of the motion and health monitoring capabilities of your Apple Watch to measure both the duration and quality of your sleep. The better you understand how well you are sleeping the more you are able to make changes in your routines to benefit your rest.
My goal is to provide every Apple Watch owner with a free automatic sleep tracker that is simple and clear to understand. For each night you get a straightforward report of how long you slept and how restful you were during the night.
Simply wear your Apple Watch overnight and each morning Sleep++ will analyze your sleep and give you a report about how long and restfully you slept.
If you want to have more precise control over the start/end time of each night recorded you can also use manual sleep tracking. This is also useful if your nightly routine makes it difficult for Sleep++ to determine when you went to bed.
1) Wear your Apple Watch while you sleep.
2) Tell Sleep++ when you start sleeping.
3) Tell Sleep++ when you wake up.
Sleep++ integrates with the Health App providing you a safe and private way to share your activity data with Sleep++. This data is used for automatic sleep tracking. You can also optionally have Sleep++ save your Sleep Analysis into your Health database after each night.
6. SleepScore: Go beyond Tracking
“SleepScore, the world’s most advanced sleep improvement system features patented, non-contact, sonar sleep tracker technology to measure your sleep from your nightstand, plus sleep sounds, smart alarm, sleep cycle analysis, and more.
Do you want to improve your sleep but don’t know where to start?
Do you want to fall asleep with ease?
Do you want to learn more about your sleep cycle?
Our sleep tracker technology, more accurate than other non-contact sleep tracker apps, was developed by ResMed, the leaders in sleep science, by studying millions of hours of sleep for over a decade. Our experts provide detailed sleep insights and sleep advice, all personalized to improve your sleep through every stage of life. Explore our sleep sounds and smart alarm features to fall asleep fast and wake feeling your best, and discover more about your sleep cycle in the process.
* Fall asleep easily with soothing sleep sounds, track your sleep, wake up refreshed with our smart alarm
* Receive detailed analysis on your sleep cycle – light, deep, & REM sleep, plus awakenings
* Improve with goal setting and actionable sleep advice, personalized and backed by science
FEATURED IN: Washington Post, The New York Times, Forbes, CNN, Men’s Health, Dr. Oz Show, Huffington Post, Wirecutter, USA Today, Business Insider, Digital Trends, & more!
1. Sleep Tracker – non-contact, accurate sleep tracker provides a detailed analysis of your sleep cycle
2. Sleep Sounds – soothing sleep sounds to help you fall asleep faster
3. Smart Alarm – smart alarm designed to gently wake you in the morning at the ideal time in your sleep cycle
4. Sleep Goals – set goals like fall asleep easier, wake up less, sleep longer, and more
5. Sleep Sanctuary – measure and optimize the light, temperature, and sound levels in your bedroom
6. SleepScore CheckUp – continuous sleep monitoring, plus access to screeners if we detect signs of a more serious sleep disorder
7. Bedtime Reminder – reminds you to relax and unwind
8. Daily SleepScore – easy to understand score based on the quality of your sleep
9. Sleep History – 7 rolling nights of sleep history
1. Sleep Coach – personalized sleep insights & advice informed by top sleep experts
2. Sleep Challenges – participate to change small behaviors for sleep improvement
3. Doctor Report – comprehensive 30-day sleep report and screener results for sleep concerns to share with your doctor
4. Data Visualization – trend & correlation charts based on your sleep patterns and lifestyle analysis
5. Sleep History – Lifetime sleep history, trends, & sleep cycle analysis (instead of only last 7 nights)
APP HEALTH DATA
Our app integrates with the Apple Health app to add your sleep data and read your activities, such as exercise. On supported devices, SleepScore reads data from the Health App with your permission to update your activities during the day to provide more personalized advice. SleepScore also writes sleep data to the Health app with permission.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
SleepScore is free to download and use. For advanced features, SleepScore has auto-renewing monthly & yearly subscription options.
If you choose to purchase SleepScore, payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen subscription length. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes store. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to SleepScore.
Not validated to accurately track sleep with iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone 5s, or iPhone SE.
Terms of Service