If you are looking for the Best Snowboard App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Snowboard App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Snowboard App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Snowboard App iPhone
1. “FATMAP: Ski, Hike, Bike”
Explore the mountains with confidence with the world’s most advanced 3D outdoor map. Plan the perfect route, orientate and navigate along the way, record your day and share it with the community.
Whether hiking, biking, trail running, skiing, ski touring or freeriding, if you love mountain adventures, you’ll find your community on FATMAP.
– Global 3D outdoor map with real-time information and offline maps
– Mountain biking, trail running, hiking, resort and backcountry skiing maps
– Stunning satellite terrain imagery, in summer and winter
– Record and re-live all your adventures in 3D
– Advanced terrain analysis tools including slope, elevation, avalanche and more
– Follow people to see their latest adventures
GLOBAL MAP FOR THE OUTDOORS
– Know the area like a local and plan your route in detail with the most advanced 3D outdoor map that helps you intuitively understand the terrain
– Find any outdoor trail: footpaths, hiking trails, singletrack and more
– Discover outdoor points of interest like mountain huts and campsites
– Choose between summer or winter/snow map imagery (where available)
FIND YOUR NEXT MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE
– Search and find the right route for you or be inspired by the community
PLAN & NAVIGATE
– Create and share custom locations / waypoints
– Locate yourself on the map at any time
– Use peak names, roads, footpaths, rivers and heaps of other map data to quickly orientate yourself and navigate to your next objective
– Navigate trails while riding, hiking, running or skiing
UNDERSTAND THE TERRAIN LIKE AN EXPERT
– Understand the terrain like never before to make better decisions with Gradient, Avalanche, Flats, Aspect and more layers.
RE-LIVE YOUR ADVENTURE IN 3D
– Track your adventure in the app or connect with Suunto, Garmin or Strava to see your tracks in 3D
– Share amazing fly-throughs of your adventure
GO FURTHER WITH FATMAP EXPLORE
FATMAP Explore is for everyone who wants more out of their outdoor experiences.
TOPO MAP LAYERS
– Use the Global Topo map or see official topo maps from swisstopo, USGS, IGN, basemap.it and more in 3D
REAL-TIME SNOW CONDITIONS
– See current snow depth, fresh snow, and snow forecast directly on the map.
REAL-TIME RESORT STATUS
– See which lifts and pistes/runs are open or closed in real time. (At supported Ski Resorts)
– Download any part of the map and use it without an internet connection.
– Conserve battery by using the app in airplane mode
THE BEST DEALS ON OUTDOOR GEAR
– Explore members receive discounts in major partner brands like Mammut, Salomon, Suunto, Faction Skis and many more.
(Access to FATMAP Explore requires a paid membership.)
– REVIEWS –
“FATMAP has changed the way I see and act in the mountains” – Xavier De Le Rue, The North Face Athlete
“Useful and inspiring (and also looks really really cool.)” – Forbes
“[FATMAP] may be the most ambitious adventure tech to hit the market since sat phones” – Outside Online
“An app that will revolutionise your backcountry freeriding experience” – Red Bull
** For technical support, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
FATMAP Explore is available as a 12-month subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renew after purchase by going to the ‘Manage Subscription’ page in settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription, where applicable. The subscription will renew at the same cost.”
Terms of Service: https://about.fatmap.com/terms
2. Slopes: Ski & Snowboard
“Take your snow days to the next level! Uncover detailed stats (and bragging rights) about your days skiing and snowboarding, ride with friends, log your memories, and replay your winter adventures together. Get the best ski tracking experience on iPhone and Apple Watch!
New 2022: FIND YOUR FRIENDS ON THE MOUNTAIN
Slopes supports live location sharing: see where you are and where are your friends on the mountain. With the new live recording screen, you can easily find each other! Location sharing is opt-in and privacy-focused, you can always turn it on and off. It’s only for your friends, if you ride at the same time, same resort.
New 2022 Premium: LIVE RECORDING on INTERACTIVE TRAIL MAPS
Record on full-screen trail maps and map your runs, at selected resorts. Currently supported: Vail, Breckenridge, Steamboat, Killington, Stowe, Whistler, Winter Park, Keystone, Snowbasin, Telluride, Deer Valley, Okemo, and more (new live maps released weekly).
RESORT MAPS & CONDITIONS
Never get lost again with access to standard trail maps, right on your phone. And before you head up the mountain, check what other riders are saying about the snow quality at a resort.
Slopes will automatically detect lifts and runs for you all day long. And with its Smart Reminders system, it can ping you if you get to a lift and hadn’t started recording yet (based on your list of resorts), or if you drive away and forgot to stop recording.
Uncover a wealth of information about your performance, know your speed, vertical, run times, distance, and more. Find out how good you are and how you’re getting even better, season-over-season.
Add your friends and compete against 8 different stats throughout the season. These leaderboards are 100% private, so you don’t have to worry about random strangers ruining the fun.
SLOPES + APPLE WATCH
Did those moguls get your heart racing? Get credit for it. See how you’re pushing yourself with live heart-rate data, close your activity rings, and with Slopes Premium you can check vitals and fitness insights for every twist and turn.
Feel secure knowing Slopes never sells your data, and features are always designed with privacy and safety in mind. Accounts are optional, and you can Sign-in with Apple.
Questions? Feedback? Use the “Help & Support” section in-app or visit help.getslopes.com.
Slopes free version is ad-free and truly free. You won’t waste battery, data, or time on ads. And you get all the core features you expect & love: find your friends, unlimited tracking, key stats & summaries, snow conditions, season & lifetime overviews, Siri, HealthKit, and more.
Slopes Premium unlocks stats for every run and powerful insights into your performance:
• Live Recording on Interactive Trail Maps.
• Real-time stats for each and every run.
• Full Timeline of your day: find out where you hit top speeds and which was your best run.
• Fitness Insights when you record with Apple Watch.
• Bring the mountains to life on interactive 3D & AR.
If you purchase an Annual or Family Pass, payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Your account will automatically be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless you disable auto-renew. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://getslopes.com/terms.html
Note: GPS is required, so Slopes will not work indoors. iPads and iPods will not be able to record with Slopes. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Other factors such as temperature, battery health, and other apps running in the background can also affect battery performance.”
3. Snowboard Party
“Snowboard Party brings the thrill of snowboarding to your mobile device! Get ready to ride the downhill slopes at extreme speed and catch some big air to perform the craziest tricks in 21 completely unique adrenaline-filled mountains/locations. Jump on your board, learn new moves and improve your snowboarding skills to land sick freestyle trick combos and rack high scores! Experience snowboarding like never before!
Complete over 105 level objectives, 32 achievements, gain experience and upgrade your favorite snowboarder attributes to perform better and achieve higher scores. Customize your snow gear and upgrade your board to give you an extra edge over the competition.
Snowboard Party includes next generation 3D sport game graphics specially optimized for your mobile hardware to provide you with the best snowboarding experience.
Freestyle is all about the tricks! Perform the sickest tricks using natural and man-made park features such as rails, ski jumps, boxes, logs, rocks and innumerable other objects! Create new freestyle trick combos to hit higher scores while in the trick parks.
Go big or go home! Big air competitions are contests where riders perform extreme tricks on massive ski jumps while going down the slope at high speed.
Perform a wide range of tricks while going down some of the world’s biggest halfpipes. Chain multiple tricks in a row to gain more points and achieve a better score.
Drop in faster than ever into a curated selection of maps and modes. Challenge yourself with a rotating list of objectives to keep you on your toes. Complete each challenge to continue along your tour of the world’s premiere snowboarding locations.
Select between 15 snowboarders and customize each of them to your preference, choosing your favorite gear. A massive collection of boards ranging from different sizes and designs are available, allowing you to complement your rider’s extreme skills and abilities.
LEARN TO SNOWBOARD
Over 50 unique tricks to master and hundreds of combinations. Follow the tutorial to get started and progress as you go. Execute the craziest combos and extreme trick sequences to rack up some impressive high scores, gain experience and make a name for yourself.
Compatible with most game controllers available.
New fully customizable control system to configure your own button layout. Use the right or left handed control mode, select a control preset or create your own. Use the analog stick or accelerometer option as you wish.
LOADED WITH FEATURES
• Supports all the latest generation devices and optimized for high resolution displays.
• Quick Play mode lets you drop in and shred across a curated selection of maps and modes.
• New fully customizable control system. You can adjust everything!
• Learn over 50 unique tricks and create hundreds of combinations.
• Massive mountains/locations to ride including 21 trails/courses located in the Rockies, Alps and Japan. Choose from big air, freestyle, and halfpipe events.
• Customize your outfit in style!
• Upgrade your board to improve your rider’s stats.
• Play often to gain experience and upgrade your favorite snowboarder’s attributes.
• Share your results with your friends on Twitter.
• Optimized for Intel x86 mobile devices.
• Extended soundtrack featuring songs from Closer, Jack Counteract, Minds Without Purpose, Mr. TaBoo Timmons, No Blitz, Paul Spencer and the Maxines, Pear, The Pinz and We Outspoken. Courtesy of Pulse Records/White Knight Music Group, Inc.
• Ability to purchase experience points or special items using in-app purchases.
• Available in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Chinese.
4. snoww: track your skiing
“snoww is a social ski tracking app that allows you to follow friends and compare vital ski statistics, or compete with other skiers and snowboarders to climb your way to the top of your mountain’s leaderboard.
RELIVE YOUR GNARLIEST SKI DAYS
Record your distance, vertical drop, top speed and calories burned. Upload photos and share your day on the slopes with friends.
CHALLENGE AND COMPETE
Prove that you’re the best skier on the mountain by competing with friends, locals and pros from around the world.
UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
Compare your stats over time and unlock trophies for achieving milestones.
See where your friends, locals, or the pros are skiing by following their profiles and checking out their latest tracks.
FIND YOUR LOST FRIENDS ON THE MOUNTAIN
No need to worry about Jerry when he takes a wrong turn. See the location of your group in real-time with our live tracking feature. Also perfect for keeping tabs on your kids in their ski lessons.
CONNECT WITH APPLE HEALTH
You can choose to connect snoww with HealthKit, which will sync your downhill ski and snowboarding workouts to Apple’s Health app.
NO DATA? NO PROBLEM!
Skiing in another country? snoww records using GPS without using any mobile data!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
5. We Ski & Snowboard Tracker
As a ski & snowboard tracker:
• Track your stats by season, including vertical, days, top speed, most frequented lifts and resorts
• View detailed run by run stats
• View speed and elevation charts
• Export your data to GPX
As a convenience tool while recording your day on the mountain:
• See where your friends are
• Share your location with friends (if desired)
• View nearby lifts and their details
• View lift traffic (see below)
As a social network:
• Share your days on the mountain with friends and follow their sessions as well
• Only established friends can see your sessions
• We Ski is available on multiple smartphone platforms, enabling you to connect with more friends
As a modern iPhone app:
• Securely sign in with Google, Apple or Facebook; no need to remember another password
• Your data automatically follows you from device to device
• Activity recorder works even when no cell service is available
• Automatically de-powers GPS and stops recording when battery level drops below 15%
Lift Traffic (Experimental Feature)
Lift Traffic is displayed by color-coding the lifts near you according to Wait Time, with a color scale from green (less than 2 minutes wait) to red (more than 8 minutes wait). Wait times are crowdsourced by other We Ski users in your vicinity.
There is also the option to color code the lifts by ‘Net Speed,’ which is speed ‘net of wait time.’ Sometimes a slow chair with a short line can get you up the mountain faster than a fast chair with a long line. The Net Speed view helps you choose.
A couple of caveats regarding Lift Traffic:
• It is experimental. The algorithm is constantly changing. You will see anomalies. When you see one, please let me know!
• If you are the only We Ski user recording a session at a resort, you will only see wait times for the lifts you rode. The other lifts will have the default blue color. How to fix? Spread the word!
As an experimental feature, you have to opt-in in order to see Lift Traffic. From the Settings screen, select the Lift Traffic option and choose either ‘Color code lifts by wait time’ or ‘Color code lifts by net speed.'”