If you are looking for the Best Spanish-English Dictionary App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 9 Best Spanish-English Dictionary App For iPhone that passed our tests.
- 9 Best Spanish-English Dictionary App For iPhone
Check out our list of the 9 Best Spanish-English Dictionary App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
9 Best Spanish-English Dictionary App For iPhone
1. Collins Spanish-English
Carry a dependable Spanish and English reference everywhere you go with the Collins Pro Spanish-English Translation Dictionary. This app contains dictionary data from HarperCollins in our popular Ultralingua interface. Use our verb conjugation tool to find complete conjugations of thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator to convert numerals into Spanish or English text instantly.
• Over 55,000 entries with 100,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose “Speak” from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple’s built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of Spanish and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds infinitives and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• On iPhone/iPod touch, conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into Spanish and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from Spanish-English to English-Spanish
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
“It is the most useful app on my ipod touch. You don´t have be connected to the internet which is a serious plus.” -User review
View our reviews below to see why users love this app, and remember to let us know what you think!
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
2. English Spanish Dictionary
“WORKS OFFLINE. By far, the largest Spanish to English and English to Spanish Dictionary App at any price! It includes all our specialized terminology (Legal, Medical, etc.) and natural-sounding voices in a variety of bilingual accents. Featuring a detailed Verb Conjugator, translations with definitions, examples, and quotes; results are easy to review while you navigate in-depth information for each entry.
So easy to use it detects misspelled words regardless of the input language, it is ideal for students but perfect for professionals who can create a truly personalized dictionary by customizing displayed results. Internet connection needed only for images and spell checker.
• Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses. Even the Spanish VOS conjugation is included.
• Over 1,299,000 entries, 2,284,000 translations, 3,221,000 synonyms, 814,000 antonyms, 196,000 definitions, 96,000 examples, 146,000 quotes, 66,000 images.
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish. Covers American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards in American and British English.
• Phonetic transcription following IPA standards for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain.
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations, with, without or even with misplaced accent.
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations
• Shake for random word display.
• Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Sync your favorites among your devices with Dropbox.
• Customize using available themes, background color, and font.
– Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
– Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
– Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
– Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
– Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
– Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. – Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
– Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
– On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
– More than 66,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
Some Dictionary Curiosities:
– 1,332 fish names & their translations
– 1,917 foods and dishes around the world & translations
– 8,248 famous historic characters
– 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
– 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
– 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
– 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
– 20,189 names of illnesses, with corresponding translations
– 2,128 different types of viruses & translations
– 7,180 names of human body parts, & translations
– 550,000 classified entries in total.
– 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin.
– 4,500 + new difficult words
• Note: A translation dictionary typically includes translations only. However, ours include many definitions.”
3. FluentU: Learn Language Videos
Tired of boring language learning textbooks? FluentU brings languages to life with real-world interactive videos!
Learn to read and speak Spanish, French, English, Mandarin Chinese, German, Japanese, Russian, Korean and Italian with FluentU.
FluentU turns music videos, movie trailers, news and inspiring talks into an amazing language learning experience. Experience an immersive education that teaches you to speak and comprehend new languages in a natural way.
Now you can learn a new language while connecting with the culture. No matter what your skill level or interest, FluentU has you covered.
LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE
– Immerse yourself in a foreign language to understand how it’s used
– Connect with the language through real-world videos
– Quiz yourself on the vocabulary
– Learn to speak the language instead of scripted phrases
– Stay motivated to learn each day
WATCH, LISTEN & LEARN
– Put the textbooks away and learn from experience
– Watch videos with subtitles and translations to learn the language
– Tap on any word or phrase to learn its meaning
– Add words to your vocabulary list for review
– Listen to audio dialogues to gain an understanding of the language
– Look up any word and see how it’s used in a sentence
– Search content by title or grammar and vocabulary points
– Chinese (Mandarin)
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Great app. To my knowledge the best on the market. You created something unique and new!”
– Felix Wedel
“It is more helpful than any other tool I’ve used. I had been using podcasts before and trying to make flashcards, and that worked pretty well. But it ended up that I was spending more time making the flashcards than studying. FluentU really solves this.”
– David Brown
“FluentU has quickly become one of my favorite language-learning tools. Great job on an aesthetically pleasing app and an incredibly functional one.”
– Justin Price
“This concept in FluentU is amazing. It’s such a great way to help you understand a spoken language and the way you break it down is amazing.”
– Demi Pradolin
“This app is so fun and useful – the best Chinese language learning app I’ve ever used.”
– Richard Jun
FluentU is available as a monthly ($29.99 for Plus) or yearly subscription ($239.99 for Plus). If you enjoy FluentU, do nothing and your membership will automatically continue for as long as you choose to remain a member. You can easily cancel anytime, online. Just sign up to get started!
If you subscribe via iTunes: Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
4. One World Dictionary
“Multilingual Dictionaries for English to Spanish, French, German & Italian ☆ Free Version includes over 100,000 Translations, 1,000 Phrases & 5,000 Verb Conjugations ☆ Comprehensive Dictionaries, Phrase Books and Verb Conjugations available as in-app Purchases ☆ Audio Pronunciation
One World Dictionary by Ascendo is a leading multilingual reference tool for Apple computers.
The free version is a good starting point for beginners. It includes over 100,000 dictionary translations, 1,000 phrases and 5,000 verb conjugations in English, Spanish, French, Italian and German. Extended dictionaries and phrase books are offered as in-app purchases.
The extended dictionaries are comprised of over 250,000 translations 6,000 verb conjugations per language pair. Translations include multiple meanings, part of speech, noun gender and verb tenses. One World Dictionaries integrate with Lion applications such as Safari so you can lookup words using control-click.
The extended phrase books include 528 phrases per language pair in 20 categories. You can add your own phrases and search by keyword.
☆ Find words quicker than fumbling through a paper dictionary.
☆ Works offline so it’s always available.
☆ Integrates with other applications so you can lookup words quickly and easily.
✓ Dictionary includes thousands of the most used words in English, Spanish, German and Italian (free version).
✓ Extended dictionaries provide comprehensive databases comprised of over 250,000 translations per language pair (in-app purchases).
✓ Single searchable word index so you don’t have to switch language to find a dictionary word.
✓ Dictionary translations include multiple meanings, part of speech and noun gender.
✓ Verb conjugations in all major moods and tenses.
✓ Phrase books include over 200 phrases per language pair, over 1,000 in all (free version).
✓ Extended dictionary includes 528 phrase per language pair (in-app purchases).
✓ Search phrase book by keyword.
✓ Add, edit and delete your own phrases.
✓ Text-to-speech audio is provided in English. Lion users can download free text-to-speech engines for Spanish, French, Italian and English.
✓ Lookup words while using applications like Safari, TextEdit and many others by right control-clicking on a word and selecting “Lookup in One World Dictionary”.
✓ Lookup finds conjugated forms of verbs which make up a large part of any language.
✓ Change text size with one click.
See our web site at http://www.ascendo-inc.com
Questions or suggestions? Contact us by email at email@example.com”
5. Spanish Dictionary +
“• Bilingual English to Spanish and Spanish to English dictionary
• Spanish to English word and phrase translator and translation
• Over 350K words and phrase can be used in offline
• Offline pronunciation and translate any sentences
• Scan text in image by pointing camera to search in dictionary
• Designed for student, teacher, tourist and language learners
• Having thesaurus, synonyms and antonyms
• Translate individual words, phrases, or whole sentences
• Tap a word for cross searching
• Bookmark and Recent history for instant recall
• Word of the day to learn IELTS, TOEFL and SAT words
• Multiple games help to improve English and Spanish vocabulary
• Offline Pronunciation helps to learn words properly
• Flash card and Word of the Day helps to improve vocabulary
• Phrase book, Phrase of the day and Phrase Card helps to speak common phrases
• Quote of the Day improves wisdom and motivation”
6. Spanish Dictionary + ©
“The #1 Spanish English Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & Apple Watch ◇ Offline Dictionary Compiled by Professional Linguists ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Loved by Millions
“Apps from Vidalingua are hugely popular… they’re free and they work offline, handy when you’re actually abroad.” New York Times
Selected by Apple as “What’s Hot” in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” – iPhone App Review
“This online dictionary is so comprehensive that it often contains words or idioms that I cannot find in my paperback dictionary. I am a retired language professor.”
“This app includes more reliable features than any of the others I’ve tried. The customer service people are great, very helpful.”
“My students are ditching their books for iPads so I looked at apps and websites with quality material. This is the app I recommend.”
“This app helped me through my class for school. It’s great and has pronunciation, spelling, example sentences with words, etc. 10/10.”
“Great for Travel. Very helpful to find words and phrases without an internet connection.”
Spanish Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. It includes features you won’t find in any other app and it’s trusted by millions of users who have given it the highest rating average of any app in its category.
• Spanish English Dictionary with over 705,000 offline entries. Includes numerous translations, usage examples, part-of-speech, images, and gender for Spanish nouns. Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
• Best verb conjugator of any app including 3,566 Spanish verbs, 4,318 English verbs. Over 951,900 verb forms in all!
• Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
• Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
• Flashcards. Create study lists based on dictionary favorites.
• Offline pronunciation in Spanish & English. Settings for speed and accent (Spain, Mexico, US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
• iPad Split Screen support so you can drag & drop words from other apps into Spanish Translator & Dictionary + to translate them.
• Apple Watch support with voice lookups so you can say a word and find translations quickly.
• Advanced voice recognition to enter words and phrases hands-free. Useful for practicing pronunciation.
• Helpful dictionary features such as single index search, reverse lookup and sharing entries with friends.
• Integrated access to Wikipedia, Wiktionary and other online sources for dictionary words.
• Dictionary word attachments for notes, images and audio clips.
• My Phrases section of phrasebook to add your own translations.
• Vidalingua Pro includes more dictionary examples, more verb forms, a bigger phrasebook and no ads. By upgrading, you’ll be supporting our team of linguists, developers and customer success partners who greatly appreciate your support!
“This is a really excellent dictionary. Easy to use, great conjugation tables and some great added features like voice input and word pronunciation.”
“This has been an extremely useful app as I prepare for a language exam and review verb conjugations.”
“I love this app so much! It is a complete package for finding almost anything starting from words to phrases.”
At Vidalingua, we consider every user a partner to help us make the best app in the world for learning Spanish.
Download Spanish Dictionary + for free and start learning today!
7. Spanish English best dictionary
“User will be satisfied with this Spanish – English dictionary because:
– It has the largest vocabulary
– Detail description for each word and a lot of samples
– Simple UI & high performance make you feel easy when using
* Full support pronunciation for both English and Spanish will help you so much in study these languages.
(This application can run in offline mode but need the internet connection for the pronunciation and web browser functions.)
Usted estará satisfecho con este diccionario Español – Inglés, Inglés – Español porque dispone de:
– Un rico vocabulario, con casi un millón de palabras en ambos idiomas incluyendo todas las terminologías principales
– Descripción detallada y ejemplos específicos de cada palabra
– Una simple interfaz, la cual mejora eficacia del programa y genera mayor conveniencia para el usuario
– Pronunciación ejemplar por parlantes nativos
* Este programa puede operarse en modo fuera de línea, sin embargo requiere conexión a la internet para el uso del navegador interno y la pronunciación.”
8. Spanish English Dictionary App
The Spanish English Dictionary & Translator app enables you to search Spanish & English words with definitions, examples, pronunciation, and more.
– Detailed word definitions & example sentences
– Related search suggestions
– Advanced sentences analyzer
– Favorite words & search history
– Flashcards for self-learning support
– Customizable font sizes for better readability
– Spanish, English & wildcard character search support
– Spanish, British English & American English pronunciation with phonetics
Welcome to download the Spanish English Dictionary & Translator app!
– Web site:
9. SpanishDict Spanish Translator
95% of learners say that SpanishDict helps them learn Spanish. Join language learners around the world on SpanishDict, featuring the highest quality Spanish-English dictionaries available offline, interactive vocabulary quizzes, and native speaker audio. Whether you’re looking for a fast and accurate translator or an offline dictionary, SpanishDict has your back.
• Full Spanish-English Dictionary with examples, regional usage, and contextual information. Our offline Spanish dictionary is faster than apps requiring a connection to lookup words. Words are suggested as you type, helping you find the right answer faster. Native speaker audio pronunciations for dictionary entries are available (connection required).
• Conjugations for thousands of verbs. Full conjugation tables for all tenses with irregular verb conjugations highlighted in red.
• Comprehensive Translators provide three in-app translations (connection required). Just type the phrase that you want translated and receive three translations for the most accurate answer.
• Vocabulary Practice – challenge yourself with our fun and effective Spanish vocab quizzes and learn new words at all levels of difficulty. Learn to speak Spanish with voice quizzes, writing questions, and more. Videos, native speaker audio, and images help you remember words. Create your own study lists or choose from hundreds of lists curated by our Spanish experts. We’ll keep track of your performance so you can keep your Spanish skills sharp!
• Our Grammar Guide has answers to the most common and challenging grammar topics in the Spanish language. Get tips and explanations from Spanish experts to take your grammar to the next level.
• Word of the Day helps you learn new Spanish words each day! Optional push notifications send new words for a quick dose of vocabulary each day.
• With SpanishDict Premium, you can take your learning to the next level with offline vocabulary quizzes, no ads, and downloadable Cheat Sheets and Phrasebooks. Master Spanish phrases faster and keep these quick reference tools for easy access. Try 7 days for free!
Check out some of our reviews:
“The best free Spanish dictionary available in the app store!”
“This app is extremely useful for anyone who wants to have anything to do with Spanish!”
“I’ve tried several Spanish-English dictionaries, and this is the best I’ve seen. You can have confidence that you’re saying what you think you’re saying.”
“This format of dictionary should be the model by which all other language dictionaries are developed. The conjugation and pronunciations of the words by native speakers is an invaluable aid. I have 100% confidence that I’m learning words precisely enough to speak them.”
“Forget google translate – SpanishDict is an amazing app that has saved me on countless occasions. I am a student learning Spanish and SpanishDict is a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing, functional app, one which you should definitely download.”
We hope you enjoy the app. And as always, good luck with your Spanish!
Try SpanishDict Premium for 7 days free! Support SpanishDict and get offline vocabulary quizzes, helpful Cheat Sheets and Phrasebooks, and a beautiful ad-free experience.
If you choose to purchase SpanishDict Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.