If you are looking for the Best Squeezebox App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the Best Squeezebox App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the Best Squeezebox App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
Best Squeezebox App For iPhone
“iPeng 9, the music remote for the Logitech® Squeezebox™, has been designed for the latest iOS versions and fully supports all iPhone and iPad form factors.
iPeng 9 is a remote control app that will work all over your home with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch.
You can also purchase an additional playback capability as an In-App-Purchase that will turn your iPhone or iPad into a full-blown music player for your Squeezebox Server or Roon Server.
*** New in iPeng 9 ***
• Support of iPhone 11, Pro, X/XS and XS Max
• Latest Apple Watch support including Series 5, under watchOS 3 and newer
• Today Widget to use iPeng in Notification Center and on the lock screen.
• Full multitasking support on iPad and iPad Pro, including Split View and Slide Over under iOS 9 and newer.
*** What’s new compared to iPeng Classic? ***
* Full Support of latest iOS Versions *
• iPeng has been redesigned, matching Apple’s flat UI design for an up-to-date appeal, and uses a modernized platform and code base for continuous support of new iOS features.
* Universal App *
• iPeng 9 is a universal app for both iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, so you only have to purchase the app once. Older iPeng versions had separate apps for iPhone and iPad.
* Customizable *
• The customizable main menu allows you to show different menu items in your top level menu or hide things that you don’t need.
• Change the structure of your main menu through a simple drag-and-drop interface.
• You can select a bright or dark color scheme for iPeng, and iPeng can even automatically select it based on your lighting conditions.
* Easier Multi-Room Control *
• The redesigned MultiPlayer Control simplifies handling many players.
• QuickSwitch lets you move playlists from one player to another easily with a swipe of your finger.
• Have direct access to Power/Volume for each connected player and change other player settings in the player details.
• Group players to synchronized groups. Jointly control playback and volume for these groups and move players between them using drag-and-drop or a toolbar.
• Power all players in a group off with a single click when you leave.
* Manage Playlists and Favorites *
• View, save, change and rearrange not only your current playlist but also saved playlists and favorites.
* Works with Logitech Squeezebox and compatible players *
• iPeng 9 works with all Logitech Squeezebox Players as well as many Squeezebox-compatible players like Innuos Zen, the SOtM sMS-1000SQ and sMS-100 or VortexBox players.
• With iPeng Playback, iPeng also works as a player with Roon.
*** Enjoy the familiar features and comfort of iPeng. ***
* Easy and Fast to Use *
• The functionality of iPeng is optimized for speed of use guaranteeing long-term fun.
• Built-in Tutorials help you to learn iPeng’s operation.
* Explore Your Music Library (1) *
• Browse your own files by categories like Albums, Artists, Genres or simply search for your music.
* Explore Remote Services *
• You get access to a whole world of internet radio and music services like Rhapsody™ and Spotify™ and have control over them as if they were in your own library.
* Use 3rd Party Plugins (2) *
• iPeng supports a growing number of 3rd party plugins for Squeezebox™, e.g. CustomBrowse, TrackStat, Music and Artist Information and many more.
* Use MySqueezebox.com *
• iPeng 9 doesn’t require a server to operate your Squeezebox, it also supports Logitech’s MySqueezbox.com online service.
Note: This does not apply to the Playback functionality.
iPeng requires one or more Squeezebox™ or any compatible hard- or software player.
Squeezebox™ is a trademark of Logitech.
(1) LogitechMedia Server/Squeezebox Server version 7.5 or newer available for free from mysqueezebox.com/download or downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/
(2) Installation of 3rd party plugins in Logitech Media Server required.”
“SqueezePad is the preeminent controller for your Logitech Squeezebox. This smooth operating, fast and intuitive controller for your Squeezebox will provide you with complete remote control from your iPad. An upgrade allows music streaming directly to your iPad as well. An unbeatable price tag to get full control of your Squeezebox!
Watch on YouTube:
◆◆◆ SqueezePad is … FAST! ◆◆◆
– instant player selection: a simple touch on the player in the top left shows an instant popup menu. Experience how fast player switching can really be.
– cached menus and album art: when you browse the artist or albums menu, their content (with images) is saved. On every subsequent visit the lists are instantly available until the next rescan automatically invalidates the cache.
– preloaded playlist: a big chunk of your playlist is preloaded and available on the right hand side of the screen. No waiting times when you want to take a peek at the future songs.
– instant alphabetical index and smooth scrolling: the alphabetical index updates the album and artist list already when you just drag your finger over it.
– shortcuts to most used functions: on the bottom bar you have buttons for artist, albums, internet radio and favorites menu. Also common playlist function have their own buttons.
◆◆◆ SqueezePad is … SMOOTH! ◆◆◆
– awesome looks: obvious when you look at the screenshots
– smooth transitions and animations: As to be expected from a real iPad App, SqueezePad supports menu transitions and smooth scrolling.
– volume + progress popups: when changing volume or progress of a song, you get popups telling you the actual values. So stop guessing your desired values today!
– drag+drop for playlist entries: playlist entries can be reordered with drag and drop. A quick swipe shows a delete button.
– screensaver mode: Tap the big cover-art and SqueezePad switches to a screensaver mode working in portrait and landscape orientation. Now you get even bigger cover art on your iPad. This makes SqueezePad a great information screen for your next party.
◆◆◆ SqueezePad has … PLAYBACK! * ◆◆◆
– stream music to your iPad: now your iPad becomes a small player on its own, and is able to stream your local music or internet radio stations. You’ll find this feature as an in app purchase in the players menu.
– many supported formats: SqueezePad has native suport for mp3, FLAC, aac, alac, wav, aiff, pcm. With the help of your Squeezebox Server you can also stream OGG-files to your iPad (it will convert them automatically to either WAV or MP3). If your Squeezebox Server runs on a Windows machine, even WMA-files are supported!
– gapless playback and synchronization: SqueezePad will preload the next song in the playlist, so that it will start without any delay. Also the full synchronization protocol of the Squeezeboxes are implemented.
– many supported Apps: Last.FM, Deezer or WiMP are supported out of the box.
Spotify works with the help of triodes plugin installed in Squeezebox-Server
Rhapsody, Napster and Pandora are not working due to licensing issues issues
* Please be aware that Logitech blocks direct streaming access to MySqueezebox.com.
Squeezebox-Server required to use the playback feature.
◆◆◆ SqueezePad’s got … EXTRAS! ◆◆◆
So many extras – please visit my web-site to get a full descriptions:
– integrated browser for fast information retrieval
– playlist modification mode
– configure manual server for advanced networks/remote streaming
– set up your alarms
– automatically wake your server with Wake On LAN
– much much more …
◆◆◆ Requirements ◆◆◆
Compatible with SqueezeBox-Server from v7.4 to v7.9, to be downloaded from http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download.
Also supports direct connection to MySqueezebox.com if you don’t own a local server.”