If you are looking for the Best Sun Tracking App iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Sun Tracking App iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Sun Tracking App iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Sun Tracking App iPhone
1. Lumos: Sun and Moon Tracker
“Intuitive yet powerful, Lumos accurately predicts the position of the sun and moon at any time, on any day, in any place. Whether you’re planning a photo shoot, a wedding, or a solar panel installation, tracking the sun and moon has never been easier!
Lumos is divided into six main modules:
• The augmented reality view harnesses the power of AR to visually project past, present, or future sun and moon positions (and moon phases!) onto your surroundings, letting you perfectly visualize your plans.
• The map view overlays the sun and moon positions for a given time and location onto a map of that location, letting you make plans from afar.
• The Street View mode works like the AR view, but it takes advantage of Google Street View to allow you to envision sun and moon positions for remote locations (requires Lumos Pro).
• The calendar view displays a simple list of rise/set times and moon phases throughout the year, letting you see the big picture at a glance. Tap a row to see the detailed ephemeris for that day.
• The notifications module lets you sign up to receive notifications for significant solar and lunar events, including: astronomical, nautical, and civil dawn/dusk, blue hour, golden hour, sunrise/set, solar noon, moon rise/set, lunar transit, and lunar perigee/apogee (requires Lumos Pro).
• The shadow length view calculates the exact length of the shadow an object will cast on a given time and day, letting you see the result both visually and numerically. You can also calculate the height of an object if you know the length of its shadow.
With an affordable one-time purchase of Lumos Pro, you can also:
• Search for a location by name or manually enter coordinates
• Save locations for later reference or offline use*
• Take notes on a saved location and have them readily available the next time you view it
*The map view and Street View do not currently support offline use
NOTE: The sun and moon positions calculated by Lumos are accurate to within a small fraction of a degree. However, as with any augmented-reality app, the accuracy of the projection is dependent on the underlying hardware. If you are seeing inaccurate positions, please calibrate your device’s compass and ensure that you are not near any sources of electromagnetic interference (e.g. microwaves, computers, car engines, high voltage lines). Phone cases containing batteries are known to cause compass interference. You can also use the visual calibration tool to align the projection with sun’s current position. Please feel free to contact us if you continue to have issues.
2. Sun position and path
“With this application you can see the location of the sun changing with the season.
Point the device to the sky, this application will display the position of the sun over the camera image like the AR.
You can also go to any places on GoogleMap and display the sun’s trajectory in that place in 3D.
It can also be useful when planning things that have a lot to do with the movement of the sun.
Taking photos, installing solar panels, home gardens, home renovation and purchase, checking shaded places on the go, etc.”
3. Sun Seeker – Tracker & Compass
“Sunseeker is a comprehensive solar tracking & compass app. It shows the sun’s hourly direction intervals, its equinox, winter & summer solstice paths, sunrise sunset times, twilight times, sun shadow, the golden hour & more. The app allows you to add sun-event notifications & has a widget showing the day’s solar data & position on an arc. The surveyor view shows the solar direction for each sunlight hour. Sunseeker has both a flat compass view & a 3D Augmented Reality (AR) view to show the solar position & path.
The app is useful for –
▶ Photographers- to plan according to the golden hour or blue hour & optimal sunlight conditions, sunrise & sunset times & directions.
▶ Cinematographers- this sun tracker & sun surveyor enables you to find the sun exposure, directions, sun shadow & sunrise sunset times for any location.
▶ Real Estate Buyers- can use the app before buying a property to check the sun path & to find the sun exposure of properties.
▶ Drivers – Sunseeker lets you track the sun path & movement during the days & helps drivers know the sun position to find how long the car will remain in the shade at any given parking spot.
▶ Campers & Picnickers- for anyone planning a day out, Sunseeker app will help in finding where to camp, sit or pitch an umbrella depending on the sunlight & sun direction.
▶ Gardeners- Sun Seeker can also help with finding optimal planting locations & seasonal sunlight hours as a sun rise calendar
▶ Architects & Surveyors- for visualising the spatial variability of the solar angle throughout the year & using the compass app as a sun surveyor & calendar to determine the sunlight directions.
* Sunseeker is a sun locator which uses GPS, magnetometer & gyroscope to find the correct solar position & sun path for your current location.
* Flat compass view shows current solar position, diurnal solar angle & elevation (separated into day & night segments), sun shadow length ratio, atmospheric path thickness.
* 3D augmented reality (AR) camera overlay view shows the sun’s current position, its path with hour points marked. Check golden hour using this feature!
* Camera view has an optional pointer to guide you towards the current location of the sun & help you with sun direction.
* Map view shows solar direction arrows, sun path & elevations for each hour of the day.
* Choose any date to view sun position & path on that day. You can view sunset & sunrise times for each day as well.
* Choose any location on earth (includes 40,000+ cities or custom locations available offline, as well as a comprehensive online map search capability)
* Get additional details including sun rise, sunset & culmination times, maximum elevation, civil, nautical & astronomical twilight times of the sun.
* Optional device notifications for all manner of sun-related periods & events, such as golden hour or blue hour, various twilight & shadow periods, or sun at a given compass heading or above a given elevation.
* This sun rise calendar app allows the user to include equinox, summer & winter solstice paths on both flat compass view & camera view.
Sun Seeker app has been featured in numerous high-profile blogs, websites & publications, including Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sydney Morning Herald etc. “Truly amazing”, “Incredible”, “Brilliant” – the most genuinely useful application of augmented reality – ever!
Check out our YouTube video here: https://bit.ly/2Rf0CkO
Simply search YouTube for “Sun Seeker app” to find many videos, websites & blogs created by our enthusiastic users
* See https://bit.ly/2FIPJq2 – also easily accessible from the app’s info screen
* The compass accuracy depends on having an undistorted magnetic field around your device. If you use it close to metallic objects or electrical equipment, directional accuracy may be impaired. The device’s compass accuracy can be optimised by calibrating it prior to use. See app’s FAQs for more help.”
4. Sun Surveyor Lite
“Sun Surveyor Lite takes the mystery out of the sunrise, sunset and magic hours, helping photographers and filmmakers scout the best locations, plan effectively, and get the perfect shot. Solar Industry (PV) Professionals, architects, real estate agents, and gardeners will also find a wealth of empowering, interactive features.
The 3D Compass and detailed Ephemeris provide a wealth of information about the largest natural light source in the galaxy:
– Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise & sunset
– Visualize the sun’s path throughout the day or through the year
– Visual time machine – take a quick glance at the light for a day, or dial in desired compositions easily
– Twilight times – civil, nautical, astronomical
– Solstice and Equinox visualization
– Sun shadow information – calculate the length of shadows cast by objects
– Magnetic declination compensation
Check out the Full Version of Sun Surveyor for more:
– Live Camera View – augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
– Interactive Map View – plan a remote shot or PV array placement, interact with a top-down perspective of sun and moon paths and events
– Street View Panoramas – 360 degree spherical panoramas with selected sun, moon and milky way events overlaid, where available
– Moon Information: moon position, moonrise, moonset, moon phases, apogee, perigee, distance and a Super Moon finder
– Show clients the quality and quantity of seasonal sunlight at a remote location
– Understand potential shade of surroundings and discover any obstructions
– Create images of the summer and winter Solstice & Equinox paths for a site
– Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features
– Offline usage (excludes Map View, Street View) – enter coordinates, save & load locations with no data connection or GPS available
– Measure distance, and difference between elevations, and vertical angle differentials with the Map view
– Import and export Google Earth .kmz/.kml locations”
5. Sun Tracker AR
“Sun Tracker AR is an advanced sun tracking app with a clear and intuitive interface and many great features:
+ Augmented Reality projection of the Sun’s path for the current user’s location.
+ Interactive 3D visualisation of the Sun’s positions.
+ Day and night map.
+ Interactive 3D shadow simulation; set a tree or a box on a spot on the map and project where the object casts shadow throughout the year.
+ A fundamental ephemeris: the length of the day and night, sunrise, sunset, golden hour and twilight (astronomical, nautical and civil), sun positions (altitude and azimuth).
+ Sun events calendar: solar eclipses, solstices and equinox.
+ A detailed overview of all sun positions, sunrise and sunset for the entire year (Premium version only).
+ No ads.
+ Screenprints sharing.
The Free version supports sun positions and ephemeris today at the current user position.
The Premium version enables to search for any place on earth at any time and save your favourite locations.”