If you are looking for the Best Task App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Task App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Task App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Task App For iPhone
1. Google Tasks: Get Things Done
“Get more done with Google Tasks. Manage, capture and edit your tasks from anywhere, at any time, with to-dos that sync across all of your devices. Integrates with Gmail and Google Calendar to help you get tasks done, faster.
Quickly capture tasks anywhere
• Create task lists with your most important to-dos
• View, edit and manage tasks on the go, from any device
• Manage tasks created in Gmail or Calendar on the web from your mobile device
Add details and create subtasks
• Break down your tasks to subtasks
• Add details about the work you need to focus on
• Edit details about any task as your work progresses
View tasks created from emails
• Create a task directly from an email in Gmail
• View your tasks in the side panel of Gmail
• Trace a task back to its source email
Stay on track with due dates and notifications
• Set a due date for every task to help you achieve your goals
• Organise your tasks by date or prioritise using drag and drop
• Receive due date notification reminders to keep your tasks on track
Part of Google Workspace
• Bring Google’s suite of powerful, intelligent apps to your business
• Leverage Google’s AI to bring data insights and analysis to every employee
• Connect with your team seamlessly using one suite: Gmail, Tasks, Calendar and more
Take control of your task management and install Google Tasks. Start managing your to-do list on the go with the Tasks planner app from Google.”
2. Taskmator – TaskPaper Client
“◉ “The Best TaskPaper app for iOS” — Macdrifter
◉ “Excellent Task Manager”— Cult of Mac
◉ “Taskmator, a powerful TaskPaper client for iPhone and iPad, has received full Reminders Integration” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
◉ “Taskmator is really neat and great” —Merlin Mann
◉ “I love using the TaskPaper format, with TaskPaper on Mac and Taskmator on iOS” —Brett Terpstra
Taskmator ( Next-Generation of renowned task management app called TaskPaper ) takes full advantage of iOS/ iPadOS technologies, gives you speedy, powerful tools that let you more productive.
• Based on the open source code of TaskPaper for iOS/ iPadOS.
• Type your lists into Taskmator and each line is quickly formatted into a Project, Task, or Note.
• Apple Reminders Integration.
• Built-In Files App Integration.
• Local Notifications.
• Live Search with Saved Filters.
• Dropbox Sync API V2.
• Multiple Window, Split View Support for iPadOS.
• System Dark Mode.
• Touch ID/ Face ID support.
• Document Picker Support.
• Custom Task Symbol.
• Colored Tags, Tags Suggestion, Links Detections, Tag Formatting.
• Print with custom task symbol.
• Full Screen Mode. Scroll Headings to have more space.
• Organize notes, tasks, or projects by tags.
• Support Outlining. Drag & Drop items from another app and vice versa.
• UI elements respond to the cursor on iPadOS when connecting a mouse or trackpad.
• TextExpander (TETouch Snippet Expansion) support.
• Re-use a file on a single tap. Little expensive method.
• Review all your projects using “Go to Project..” feature.
• URL Schemes.
• Customize extended keyboard keys, themes, dark mode, fonts, colors.
• Export file as PDF.
• Approx. 150 beautiful fonts are available.
• Total 9 app icons available.
If you have any questions/ suggestions/ issues related to Taskmator then please contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on twitter (@Taskmator).”
3. Tasks: To Do Lists & Planner
“Things that need to get done don’t always have a binary state. They aren’t always ‘to-do,’ and ‘done.’ That’s why you need an app that tracks when you’re actually doing something, lets you tag it to suit your needs, and lets you set a priority for individual commitments so nothing falls through the cracks. Items can be in progress, in testing, on hold, and more – and it’s all customizable to your specific needs and workflow Statuses like ‘Review,’ ‘Test,’ and more are just a few clicks away.
Because the best way to see project progress in in a Kanban view, Tasks has that as well!
Tasks is the task manager you’ve been waiting for to help take your productivity to the next level and beyond.
Some of Tasks key features include:
* Tags so you can immediately see what phone calls need to be made, or what needs to be collected from the local grocery store.
* Folders, projects, tasks, and sub-tasks so you can organize your life hierarchically in a way that makes sense to you, not the app.
* Create and save smart lists and perform powerful queries across projects.
* Support for a powerful Kanban view, so you’ll know which tasks are at in what state and where they need to go next.
* Endless customization on a per-project basis. Tasks can have a notes field, URL field, description field, remarks field and more all depending on a project’s needs. Priorities and tags are fully customizable as well.
* Tag and date recommendations that can be used or ignored – it’s up to you!
* Attachments including PDFs and images so you always have the information you need when taking on a new item from your to-do list.
* iCloud sync support so your tasks, and their state, always follow you from iPhone to iPad to Mac and back again.
* Apple’s latest features and APIs. Home screen widgets, dark mode, split-screen view on iPad, and more are all included to make it easier and faster than ever to get your work done.
* Keyboard and trackpad support – if your iPad is your computer, Tasks has your back.
* Widgets so you have your tasks right on your Home Screen for quick and easy access.
* Siri Shortcuts for all of you power users.
* Tasks adapts its font size to work well with your preference so nothing is too small or too large for your screen.
* Some other features include, Quick notes, Time Sensitive notifications, rich notifications with actions, dark mode and a whole lot more.
Tasks takes your privacy extremely seriously. None of your data ever leaves iCloud and your devices. We can’t see it, and we don’t want to.
Tasks is a one time purchase across all of your Apple devices, including the Mac app. Pay once, use everywhere.
Updated to take the best of iOS 15 and macOS Monterey, try Tasks on all platforms.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble, please contact us. We would love to help you out.
4. Things 3
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you 🙂
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly find to-dos or switch between lists.
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPHONE
Things is tailored to the iPhone with deep system integrations as well. A great example is the Share extension, which allows you to create to-dos with content from other apps, such as a link to a website you want to get back to.
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, add widgets to your home screen, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
MADE FOR APPLE WATCH
Things comes with a great app for Apple Watch. Just raise your wrist to glance at your Today list, mark to-dos complete as you go, and dictate new ones on the fly—all synced instantly with your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac and iPad (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!”
5. TickTick:To-Do List & Calendar
“Ranked as “the best to-do list app” by Wirecutter (A New York Times Company), loved by MKBHD as his favorite productivity tool, TickTick is trusted by tens of millions of people to organize, manage and collaborate on tasks, both at life and work.
TickTick is a powerful to-do & task management app with seamless cloud synchronization across all your devices. Whether you need to schedule an agenda, make memos, share shopping lists, collaborate in a team, or even develop a new habit, TickTick is always here to help you get stuff done and keep life on track.
Key features of TickTick:
• Sync tasks across all devices
• Multiple reminders
• Flexible calendar views
• Integrate with calendar application
• Set flexible recurring tasks
• Create checklists
• Share task lists for collaboration
• Add task via email
• Upload attachments to tasks
• Classify tasks with tags
More functions to help you get focused and boost productivity:
• Use Siri to create tasks faster and easier
• Enable Focus feature to stay concentrated
• Integrate with the Health app to sync your Focus data
• Set a Goal to develop a Habit
• Instant time & location reminder
• Four priority levels
• Different sort options (by order/date/name/priority)
• Add description/comments to tasks
• Batch edit tasks
• Quick search tasks
TickTick is always free, while you could also upgrade to Premium account to enjoy full access to the most advanced features.
What to enjoy more at TickTick Premium?
• More lists and tasks: 299 lists, 999 tasks in each list, 199 subtasks in each task
• Add up to 5 reminders to each task
• Share a task list to up to 29 members for better collaboration
• Upload up to 99 attachments every day
• Subscribe calendars in TickTick
• Grid view of calendar
• Custom Smart List
How TickTick makes you more productive?
• Get all things done
• Never miss a schedule
• Collaborate more efficiently
• Sync across multiple platforms
• Save efforts for stuff that really matters
About billing of Premium:
Auto-Renewable subscription payment will be charged to your iTunes account as soon as purchase is confirmed. Any unused portion of Premium period you upgraded via other platforms will be forfeited at the same time. Your subscription will get auto renewed unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Please feel free to manage or cancel the auto-renew subscription at any time from the account settings on iTunes after purchase.
For questions, feedback, or tips, we’re happy to help you at email@example.com
Connect with us:
6. Todoist: To-Do List & Tasks
Use Todoist to:
• Capture and organize tasks the moment they pop into your head.
• Remember deadlines with reminders and due dates.
• Build lasting habits with recurring due dates like “every Monday”.
• Organize your projects in kanban style with Boards.
• Collaborate on projects by assigning tasks to others.
• Prioritize your tasks with priority levels.
• Track your progress with personalized productivity trends.
• Integrate your tools like Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Amazon Alexa and more.
Available on any device, Todoist will quickly become your hub for getting work and life organized.
Why you’ll love it on iOS:
• Stay organized from your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
• Drag the Plus Button anywhere to insert a new task.
• Simply type details like “tomorrow at 4pm” and Todoist will recognize it all for you.
• All the power from iOS: Siri, Today widget, share extension, handoff, and quick actions.
• • •
Questions? Feedback? Visit get.todoist.help or reach out on Twitter @todoist.
*About Pro plan billing*:
If you upgrade to Pro plan, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can choose to be billed monthly or yearly. You can turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.”