If you are looking for the Best Telephone App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Telephone App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Telephone App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Telephone App For Android
1. Phone by Google
“Google’s official phone calling app is now available to download for the first time. Phone helps you easily connect with family and friends, block spam callers, and know who’s calling before you answer – all with a simple, intuitive design.
Powerful spam protection
See warnings about suspicious callers that help you avoid unwanted calls from spammers, telemarketers and scammers. Block numbers to prevent them from calling you again.
Know who’s calling you
Google’s extensive caller ID coverage lets you know the business that’s calling so that you can answer with confidence.
No more waiting on hold 1, 5
Hold for Me lets you go back to your day. If a business puts you on hold, Google Assistant can wait on the line for you and let you know when someone is ready to talk.
Screen unknown callers 1, 2
Call Screen answers unknown callers, filters out detected spammers without interrupting you, and helps you learn more about callers you don’t recognize before you pick up.
Visual voicemail 1, 3
Check your messages without needing to call your voicemail – view and play them in any order, read transcriptions, and delete or save them right from the app.
Call recording 1
Record your phone calls to capture important information for reference later. Everyone hears a disclosure when the recording starts so they’re aware, and recordings are saved on your phone.
Our simple, lightweight design keeps your favorite people just a tap away. Plus, switch to dark mode to save battery and reduce eye strain at night.
Emergency support 1, 4
See your current location when you make an emergency call, and share information about the assistance you require, along with your location, to the emergency operator without speaking.
Phone app is available on most Android devices running Android™ 7.0 and above.
1Available only on some devices that have Phone pre-installed.
2Manual screening is not available in all languages or countries. For more information, see g.co/help/callscreen. Automatic screening is available in the US only, English only. Call Screen may not detect all spam calls.
3Transcription is available in the US only, English only.
4Available in Australia, United Kingdom and the US only, English only.
5Available in the US only, English only. Pixel 2+ devices only. Toll-free numbers only. May not detect every on-hold scenario.”
2. Truecaller: Caller ID & Block
“Stay protected from spam and scams – Truecaller’s Caller ID will identify and warn you about robocallers, fraudsters, telemarketers and other unwanted or unknown phone numbers. The advanced spam detector will automatically block and protect you from fraudulent calls and SMS, and the phone numbers on this spam list are updated in real time by millions of users worldwide.
World Class Blocking & Spam Detection:
– Block spam + scam calls and SMS – Identify and auto-block telemarketers, robocallers, scammers, fraud, sales, and more
– The phone numbers on the spam list are updated by millions of people across the world in real time, helping you avoid robocalls and fraud
– Advanced spam blocking options for blocking countries, similar phone number sequences, robocallers, unknown numbers, telemarketers and more!
– Automatically identify + block every unknown, spam, scam or telemarketing SMS
– Automatically organized tabs for your SMS – Personal, Important, Other, and Spam
Automatic Call Recorder (ACR):
– Improved call recorder with support for both automatic and manual recording of calls
– Record important phone calls and save them to your phone
– Play back, share or delete call recordings from within the app
– Before recording a call, make sure to follow laws in your country
Powerful Caller ID & Dialer:
– The leading Caller ID shows who is calling, even if the phone number is not in your contacts
– The Caller ID will tell you if an unknown caller is a business or spam phone number
– Use Truecaller Voice (VOIP) calling to talk to your friends on Truecaller for free
– Robocallers, spammers and scammers are identified in the Caller ID
– Video Caller ID – delight your friends and family on Truecaller with a short selfie video when you call them next
Truecaller Premium – Upgrade and get access to:
– No ads
– Know who viewed your profile
– Advanced blocking and filtering options
– Ghost Call – set any name, number and photo to make it appear as if you are getting a call from that person
– Call announce – know who’s calling without looking at the phone
– Incognito mode – to view profiles privately
– Get the Premium badge on your profile
– 30 contact requests a month
Truecaller does not upload your phonebook to make it public or searchable. We are free, trusted by 300 million users globally and exist to make your communication safer.
Got feedback? Write to email@example.com or go to http://truecaller.com/support”
Use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide and with SMS Connect, you can now also read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages from your computer. SMS connect will be released gradually.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone as they smile and cry when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• SMS Connect – Read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages in Skype on your PC or Mac.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
By downloading the Skype Preview, you’ll gain early access to our newest and coolest features. Of course, while you’re having fun, be aware that this app is a work in progress. We’re hoping to get your vital feedback as we add new enhancements and features to Skype. Simply click the heart icon on the main screen and you will be able to send your comments to our team, helping us shape the future of Skype.
Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
*Skype-to-Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.”
4. True Phone Dialer & Contacts & Call Recorder
Highly customizable, but easy-to-use, True Phone provides you very convenient way to quickly access your recent calls, contacts, favorites and groups. It comes with the idea to get rid of unnecessary elements to save space for content, and make daily usage extremely easy with just-one-hand navigation.
True phone works faster than any other dialer, provides tons of unique features and also includes built-in theme manager. Try it now for free!
Fascinating design of Incoming / Ongoing call screens
– Big size photos when calling
– Additional information like job, upcoming birthdays and notes
– Customizable design and appearance
– Many answer styles to choose from, including Google, iPhone, Huawei, Meizu and simple buttons
– Call Recording
Best T9 dialer, ever
– Fast T9 search in your recent calls and contacts
– Smart recent calls grouping
– Multiple language support
– Clean and convenient navigation
– Modern and customizable design
– Themes support
– Extended Dual SIM support
Powerful contact manager
– View and edit your contacts in one place
– Easily create new contacts on specific account
– Keep your contacts organized well with extremely powerful suggestions
– View desired contact information
– Easily contact your friends on social networks
– Easily link your similar contacts
– Import / export your contacts from one place to another
– Share your contacts as text or vCard
– Create and edit contact groups
– Organize your favorites
– Easily access functions you need right now
True Phone is completely free for 7-days, then ads may appear.
You could keep it using for free or turn ads off by in-app purchase.
If you experience any issues or need our help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to help us translate the app?
Participate at https://crowdin.com/project/true-phone
Kind regards, Hamster Beat team.
All delicious apps for Android.”
5. Simpler Caller ID – Contacts and Dialer
🔹 Stop guessing – who is calling me? Simpler Caller ID will reveal true caller name and show it on screen
🔹 Stop wondering – who called me? Missed calls from unknown numbers are a thing of the past
🔹 Be able to Immediately identify and block spam calls, by using the best free spam call blocker out there
🔹 Use reverse phone number lookup by typing an unknown phone number into the dialer and taping (copying) it
🔹 Simpler Caller ID is loved and trusted by over 8,000,000 people over the world on all major platforms!
○ Caller id and Spam detection
○ Block calls – simply block unwanted calls
○ Merge all duplicate contacts
○ One tap to backup your contacts!
○ Instantly send group text & email
○ T9 Dialer – quickly search by name & numbers
○ Over 40 beautiful themes available
○ Identify unknown caller ID, block unwanted calls
○ Identify spammers- identify unknown phone numbers and report spam calls
○ Block Spammers – You can make your own block list.
○ Find Out Who Called You if you missed an unknown call
MERGE DUPLICATE CONTACTS
○ Merge all duplicate contacts with one tap
○ Find & merge contacts with similar names.
○ Find & Merge contacts with duplicate phone or email.
○ One tap to backup your contacts
○ Offline Backup. No need to sync to any server. Just email yourself the backup file.
○ Simple Restore – just tap on the .vcf file in any Android or iPhone mail client.
○ Backup Contacts as VCF (VCard).
○ Quickly export your backups to Dropbox, Google Drive, Email
○ Remove contacts without a name, phone or email
○ Delete unused contacts
○ Filter contacts by Company & Job title
○ T9 Dialer – quickly search by name & numbers
○ One tap to call your favorite and frequently used contacts
○ Manage your contacts into groups
○ Instantly send group text & email
○ Share with your colleagues, friends, and family
AVAILABLE IN 15 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
English, Español, Français, Italiano, Deutsch, Português (Br.), 中文 (Simplified), 中文 (Traditional), 日本語, 한국어, Nederlands, Русский, Türkçe, العربية, עברית
Feel free to contact us directly if you need any kind of support: http://simplercontacts.com/faq
We hope you love our app as much as our community and our team does. Download it today and let us know what you think!”
6. imo video calls and chat HD
– High-quality video and voice calls on Android and iPhone
– Free and unlimited messages and video and voice calls over 2G, 3G, 4G* or Wi-Fi
– Group video calls with friends, family and others
– Fast photo and video sharing
– Hundreds of free stickers!
– Avoid SMS and phone call charges
*Data charges may apply”
7. Microsoft Translator
“Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for more than 70 languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can also download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel.
• Text translation into over 70 languages*, for online and offline use
• Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
• Voice translation to translate speech, and a split-screen mode for two participants having a bilingual conversation
• Multi-person conversation translation – connect your devices and have in-person conversations with up to 100 people across multiple languages
• Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides to help you learn important phrases in foreign languages when you travel
• Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word to find the best translation to express yourself
• Download languages for offline use for when you travel without an internet connection
• Hear your translated phrase out loud to help you learn how to say the translation
• View transliterations (pronunciation guides) to help you pronounce the translation (includes Pinyin support for Chinese)
• Share your translations with other apps
• Pin and save your most frequent translations for later
• Translate text in other apps through context menu translation
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Arabic (Levantine), Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dari, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew , Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Kurdish (Central), Kurdish (Northern), Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Norwegian, Odia, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Punjabi, Queretaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tahitian, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, and Edge as well as by partners such as Adobe, LinkedIn and more.
*Some features are not available in all languages.”