If you are looking for the Best Tfl App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Tfl App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Tfl App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Tfl App For iPhone
1. Citymapper: All Your Transport
Easily navigate your city with turn-by-turn directions for all your public transport, walking, cycling and scooter trips.
THOUSANDS OF 5 STAR REVIEWS
* “Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel.”
* “The only true five star app.”
* “BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER.”
* “It’s become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer.”
* “Get these guys on the Queen’s birthday honours list.”
FIND THE BEST ROUTE ► Simple trip planning combining all transport modes: bus, subway, train, ferry, cabs, ride share, car share, bike share, e-scooters and walking. Discover routes you never knew existed
HIT THE GO BUTTON FOR STEP-BY-STEP DIRECTIONS ► Turn-by-turn navigation for all your transit, walking, personal cycling, bike shares and scooter trips. Choose between 3 different map views, see the charge levels of e-bikes around you, we even help you avoid no-parking zones. We take care of the logistical thinking so you are free to enjoy the ride
EXPERIENCE ONE-STOP-SHOP MOBILITY ► Compare cab fares, hail a ride, grab the closest carshare, hop on a shared bike all from within the app. Our partners include: Uber, Gett, Zipcar, Ola, Getaround, Virtuo, Turo, Santander Cycles, FREE NOW, Beryl
BEAT THE RUSH HOUR CROWD ► Live wait times and ETA so you’ll never miss a bus, train or tram again. Follow your bus / train as it’s approaching on a real-time map, see the best carriage to board, get alerted when it’s time to get off, and get in and out from the best exit at any underground / train station
PERSONALISE YOUR CITY ► Save Home, Work and your go-to stops or stations for lightning fast trip planning. Subscribe to your favourite tube, train, bus or tram line for automatic disruption, delay, and status alerts
GET SOCIAL ► Share your live trip: let friends follow your live trip to know when you’ll arrive. Share any location or address: one tap for others to get directions
TRAVEL OFFLINE ► Access offline the official TfL underground map and many other local network maps
CITY COVERAGE ► London | Birmingham | Manchester | Liverpool | Edinburgh | Dublin | Paris | New York | Hong Kong | Los Angeles | Barcelona | Berlin | Rome | Madrid | Hamburg | Milan | Stockholm | Chicago | Toronto | Sydney
+ Many more in the UK and worldwide! See the full list and vote for the next one in the app or at https://citymapper.com/cities
PUBLIC TRANSPORT AGENCIES ► We use open data from public transport agencies in the cities we cover:
LONDON | TfL (Transport for London), Underground, Overground, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink
MANCHESTER | TfGM (Transport for Greater Manchester), Manchester Metrolink
LIVERPOOL | Merseytravel, Merseyrail
YORKSHIRE | WYCA (West Yorkshire Combined Authority), SYPTE (South Yorkshire Public Transport Executive), Sheffield Supertram
BIRMINGHAM | TfWM (Transport for West Midlands), West Midlands Railway, Midland Metro, National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry
NOTTINGHAM | NCT, NET
EDINBURGH | TfE, Lothian Bus, Edinburgh Tram
GLASGOW | SPT
BRISTOL | Travelwest, MetroBus, Bristol Ferries
CARDIFF | Transport for Wales, Cardiff Bus
NEWCASTLE | NEXUS, Tyne and Wear Metro
BRIGHTON | Brighton & Hove Buses
UK WIDE | National Rail, Arriva bus, Stagecoach bus, First bus
DUBLIN | TFI, NTA, Bus Éireann, Dublin Bus, Iarnród Éireann (Irish Rail)
HONG KONG | MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus.
SINGAPORE | LTA, SMRT, SBS.
KEEP IN TOUCH ► Questions, feedback or something we have missed in your city? Email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com”
2. London Transport • Tube & Bus
► Live directions – plan your trip with up to five ways to your destination
► Share your journey details with friends and family – they don’t even need the app!
► Get Off Alerts – we’ll let you know when it’s time to transfer
► Live countdown boards for buses and trains
► See exactly where you bus or train is on the map right now
► Service Alerts – Find out about delays and diversions before you leave
► Save your favorite stops and stations
► Full seven-day schedules
► Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
► Quickly see the last train or bus arriving tonight
► Live and offline route maps
► One-tap ‘get me home’ journey planning
► Simple and clean – we only show you what you need to know
We love feedback! Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter at @TalkToWhiz.
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when you have a Get Off Alert turned on.
3. London Tube Live – Underground
“London Tube Live is the most beautiful London Underground app you’ll find. It includes all of the features you’ll need – whether you’re a commuter or a visitor – so you’ll be able to navigate the tube with ease. Most importantly all functionality can be used for free, with none of those pesky in-app purchases to unlock important functionality like you’ll get with our competitors.
– Officially licensed London Underground map from TfL (Transport for London)
– Live up-to-the-minute departure information for all tube lines, including DLR and London Overground!
– Up-to-date Journey & route planner for all stations in the network, which takes into account engineering works!
– Tube exits – discover the best carriages to board so you’re right at your exit when you leave the train!
– Find the first & last tube of the day – great for when you’re on a night out!
– Line statuses & weekend engineering work details so you can plan ahead!
– Get directions to a station and find out whether it has facilities before you get there (whether it has a car park, toilets or a waiting room)
All of these features are included for free, you’ll never be forced to pay anything extra with London Tube Live. Don’t settle for less with other apps – download it today. It’s similar to apps such as Tube Map, Journey Pro and London Tube Deluxe.”
4. “TfL Go: Live Tube, Bus & Rail”
“Travel confidently around London with maps and live travel updates on our official TfL app. Check live arrival times for Tube, London Overground, DLR, TfL Rail and Thameslink trains as well as Trams and Emirates Air Line. Make step-free journeys and look up station facilities. See on the map when stations and lifts are closed. Walking or cycling? Our reliable journey planner will map a safe route.
The app is built around our iconic Tube map. To get started:
• Touch the map or search to plan your journey
• See the status of all lines
• Check how busy each London Underground station is right now
• Re-route as you travel – we’ll suggest alternatives
• Switch to the step-free map for accessible journeys
• Find out when your next train, bus or tram is due
• Look up which platform your train will arrive on
• See when the stations you want to travel through are quieter
• Check out station information and facilities such as toilets
Most recently we’ve:
• Added more information about station toilets – find out where they are by gender and which ones are accessible and/or with baby changing facilities
• Built a new map showing nearby bus stops – making it simple to see where you can catch your bus from
• Refreshed the navigation – it’s even easier to get to the features you want
Our simple and clear layout is designed to make using the app easy for everyone.
Planning your journey: We’ll suggest multiple ways to get to your destination – you pick the one that suits you best. Choose the quickest journey, bus-only or one that’s step-free.
Check before you travel: See how the line is running and when to expect your next Tube, bus, train or tram
Freedom to explore: Choose the right travel options if you or someone you’re travelling with needs to avoid steps, lifts onto a train or in a station.
Bus stops near you: Find the bus stop nearest to where you are, and next bus live arrival information for every route.
Available underground: Connect to Wi-Fi (and 4G in some places) to get all the live updates
What users have said:
“I think that out of all of the transport apps I have owned on my phone, this is by far the best”
“I love how clean the design of the app is & how easy it is to use. The best part of the app is it’s simplicity & how it helps you to navigate across London so effortlessly.”
“The map is awesome! The ability to zoom in and out and see more/less information as you do so. The station information is really useful and seeing which lines/stations are closed or have delays at a glance is really helpful. It’s also beautifully designed! Very slick, clean, and responsive.”
“The app is beautifully designed and free to use. Step free mode also works really well.”
“This is a must have app … very much worth the wait. Well done TFL.””
5. TfL Oyster and contactless
• Top up pay as you go credit
• Buy adult rate 7 Day, Monthly and Annual Travelcards, and Bus & Tram Passes
• View your Oyster card and contactless journey history
• Check contactless payments
• Check your pay as you go balance and see season tickets
• Check if you have any incomplete journeys
• Allow notifications when your pay as you go balance falls below a certain amount, or your Travelcard is about to expire
When you top up your credit or buy a Travelcard or Bus & Tram Pass, it will be available to collect after 30 minutes when you touch your Oyster card on a yellow card reader as part of a journey on any London bus, or at any Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail or National Rail station within the pay as you go area, tram stop or River Bus pier.
Keeping on top of your spend is easy; see the date, time and cost of your journeys from the last 8 weeks.
The TfL Oyster and contactless app will request access to your camera. This is so that you can scan your payment card. We will never store the scanned pictures. Alternatively you can enter the card details manually.
You can’t currently add Oyster photocards to this app.
You can’t currently buy discounted tickets through the app.
For security reasons the TfL Oyster and contactless app is not supported on jailbroken devices.”
6. Tube Map – London Underground
“Tube Map is the award-winning navigation app that includes the official TfL (Transport for London) Tube Map. Tube Map – London Underground works both on and offline and is the #1 Tube Map with over 20 million downloads!
• Uses the official TfL iconic Harry Beck London Underground map design.
• An easy to use journey planner that works with and without an internet connection.
• Check line status for delays, closures and service changes.
• See what time the next Tube is due with live departures from TfL.
• Journey planning made easy with real-time routing around closures and delays.
• Compare the journey time and cost of different routes to find the fastest and cheapest ways to get around London.
• Includes additional map views for the TfL Night Tube and Rail Network.
• Use step-by-step directions in the journey planner to find your way around London.
• Save your favourite routes for quick selection when on the go.
• Find your closest Tube station wherever you are in London.
• The Walking Tube Map shows shortcuts where it’s quicker to walk than waiting for a Tube.
• Tube Map – London Underground Apple Watch app available.
• Exclusive features also available; First & Last Tube Times, Tube Exits and Tube Map Bulk Saver.
With over 49 million downloads worldwide, there’s a Mapway app for many of the busiest transport systems in the world including New York Subway, Paris Metro, Bus Times London and Seoul Subway.
Plan. Route. Relax.
Like Tube Map on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @TubeMapLondon. We’d love to hear from you!
Please note: whilst we endeavour to ensure that Line Status notifications are delivered in a timely manner we can’t guarantee this 100% of the time. There may be occasions when the functionality isn’t available due to technical reasons outside of our control. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Tube Map Premium available as an in-app subscription: £3.99 monthly or £9.99 annually, or as a one-off purchase of £22.99. Prices may vary by location. Cancel at any time, for any reason. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the cost of your chosen price tier. Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings in your iTunes Account. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased, where applicable. Read our terms in full at mapway.com/terms”