If you are looking for the Best Tube App For Android to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Tube App For Android that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Tube App For Android, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Tube App For Android
1. “TfL Go: Live Tube, Bus & Rail”
“Travel confidently around London with maps and live travel updates on our official TfL app. Check live arrival times for Tube, London Overground, DLR and TfL Rail trains as well as Trams and Emirates Air Line. Make step-free journeys and look up station facilities. See on the map when stations and lifts are closed. Walking or cycling? Our reliable journey planner will map a safe route.
The app is built around our iconic Tube map. To get started:
• Touch the map or search to plan your journey
• See the status of all lines
• Re-route as you travel – we’ll suggest alternatives
• Switch to the step-free map for accessible journeys
• Find out when your next train, bus or tram is due
• Look up which platform your train will arrive on
• See when the stations you want to travel through are quieter
• Check out station information and facilities like toilets
Our simple and clear layout is designed to make using the app easy for everyone.
Planning your journey: We’ll suggest multiple ways to get to your destination – you pick the one that suits you best. Choose the quickest journey, bus-only or one that’s step-free.
Check before you travel: See how the line is running and when to expect your next Tube, bus, train or tram
Freedom to explore: Choose the right travel options if you or someone you’re travelling with needs to avoid steps, lifts onto a train or in a station.
Bus stops near you: Find the bus stop nearest to where you are, and next bus live arrival information for every route.
Available underground: Connect to Wi-Fi (and 4G in some places) to get all the live updates”
2. TfL Oyster and contactless
• Top up pay as you go credit
• Buy adult rate 7 Day, Monthly and Annual Travelcards, and Bus & Tram Passes
• View your Oyster card and contactless journey history
• Check contactless payments
• Check your pay as you go balance and see season tickets
• Check if you have any incomplete journeys
• Allow notifications when your pay as you go balance falls below a certain amount, or your Travelcard is about to expire
When you top up your credit or buy a Travelcard or Bus & Tram Pass, it will be available to collect after 30 minutes when you touch your Oyster card on a yellow card reader as part of a journey on any London bus, or at any Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail or National Rail station within the pay as you go area, tram stop or River Bus pier.
Keeping on top of your spend is easy; see the date, time and cost of your journeys from the last 8 weeks.
Customers who have not already added their contactless card to an online account can do so at contactless.tfl.gov.uk.
The TfL Oyster and contactless app will request access to your camera. This is so that you can scan your payment card. We will never store the scanned pictures. Alternatively you can enter the card details manually.
You can’t currently add Oyster photocards to this app.
You can’t currently buy discounted tickets through the app.
For security reasons TfL Oyster app is not supported on rooted devices.
Please provide any feedback using this link https://www.tfl.gov.uk/app-contact”
3. Visit London Official City Guide
Browse handpicked lists of the best things to do, and discover great things to do in London based on where you are and where you’re going.
– Find out what’s near you right now from the home screen, including great places to eat and top attractions.
– Find out what there is to do in an area before you go. Just tap “discover nearby” when looking at any point of interest to explore what’s worth doing in that neighbourhood.
-Find hidden gems and explore London areas like a local; save places to view offline; and build your own personalised maps to make the most of your visit.
From top attractions, world-class museums, art galleries and amazing shopping experiences to buzzing markets, leafy parks, eclectic nightlife and some of the world’s most famous landmarks, London has it all and it’s all at your fingertips.
AT A GLANCE:
– Unique hand-picked lists of the best things to see and do in London brought to you by our expert team.
– Discover the best of London near your location or near where you’re planning to go, including top restaurants, bars and attractions.
– All the key London sights and attractions, including Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, the Coca-Cola London Eye and many more, as well as plenty of hidden gems.
– Explore London like a local with insider guides.
– Easily navigate using our transport maps.
– Check how the Tube is operating with our travel status updates.
– Find out what’s on in London, including major events, theatre shows, exhibitions and much more.
– Save places to view offline to avoid data roaming charges.
– Receive offers and general information notifications based on your location.
– Plan ahead and create your own personal itinerary by saving all your favourites.
– Search for things to see and do, including all of London’s top landmarks.
– Access and book great deals and offers, directly from the app.
– Find the best routes and directions to navigate the city.
– Location responsive, quick and simple.
– Completely free with no hidden costs.
ABOUT VISIT LONDON:
visitlondon.com is London’s official tourism website. Plan your perfect trip by searching the website for hotels, attractions, travel and events.”
4. Citymapper: All Your Transport
Easily navigate your city with turn-by-turn directions for all your public transport, walking, cycling and scooter trips.
Find the best route
Simple travel planner combining all transport modes: bus 🚎 tube 🚇 train 🚄 tram 🚋 taxi 🚕 ride share 🚖 car share 🚗 bike share 🚲 and walking🚶♂️Discover routes you never knew existed 🕵️♀️
Get real-time data for all transport rides
TfL journey planner with all London bus times, London tube times, and the TfL underground map. Detailed directions on the Manchester Metrolink tram, rail & bus system, and up to date bus times in Birmingham. Move around your city like a pro 💪
Hit the GO button for step-by-step directions
Turn-by-turn navigation for all your public transport, walking, cycling and scooter trips. Choose between 3 different map views, see the charge levels of e-bikes around you, we even help you avoid no-parking zones. We take care of the logistical thinking so you are free to enjoy the ride 🙌
Experience one-stop-shop mobility
Compare cab fares, hail a ride, grab the closest carshare, hop on a shared bike all from within the app. Our partners include: Uber, Gett, Zipcar, Ola, Getaround, Virtuo, Turo, Santander Cycles, FREE NOW, Beryl 🚖 🚲
Beat the rush-hour crowd
Live wait times and ETA so you’ll never miss a bus, train or tube again. Follow your bus / train as it’s approaching on a real-time map, see the best carriage to board, get alerted when it’s time to get off, get in and out from the best exit at any underground / train station ⏰
Smarten up your daily travel
Get daily updates about your morning or evening commute right on your lock screen with real-time bus, tube, train and tram times and disruption / delay / status alerts with alternative routes 🚨
Personalise your city
Save Home, Work and your go-to stops / stations for lightning fast trip planning. Subscribe to your favourite transport lines and get automatic delay/disruption alerts ❤️
Let friends follow your live trip to know when you’ll arrive. Share any location or address: one tap for others to get directions 🤳
Access offline the official TfL Underground map, network maps for TfGM, TfWM, and more 🗺
Works on Wear OS
Just hit GO in the app and automatically see all the information you need during your trip on your Wear OS watch.
London | Birmingham | Manchester | Liverpool | Edinburgh | Dublin | Paris | New York City | Hong Kong | Singapore | Barcelona | Los Angeles | Berlin | Rome | Madrid | Hamburg | Milan | Chicago
+ Many more in the UK and worldwide! See the full list and vote for the next one in the app at: https://citymapper.com/cities 🏙
Public Transport agencies
► We use open data from transport agencies in the cities we cover which includes:
LONDON | TfL (Transport for London), Underground, Overground, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink
MANCHESTER | TfGM (Transport for Greater Manchester), Manchester Metrolink
LIVERPOOL | Merseytravel, Merseyrail
YORKSHIRE | WYCA, SYPTE, Sheffield Supertram
BIRMINGHAM | TfWM (Transport for West Midlands), West Midlands Railway, Midland Metro, National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry
NOTTINGHAM | NCT, NET
EDINBURGH | TfE, Lothian Bus, Edinburgh Tram
GLASGOW | SPT
BRISTOL | Travelwest, MetroBus, Bristol Ferries
CARDIFF | Transport for Wales, Cardiff Bus
NEWCASTLE | NEXUS, Tyne and Wear Metro
UK WIDE | National Rail, Arriva bus, Stagecoach bus, First bus
HONG KONG | MTR, KMB, Citybus: New World First Bus, New Lantao Bus, HK Tramways, Green Minibus, Red Minibus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay, Park Island, Kaito
SINGAPORE | LTA, SMRT, SBS
Keep in touch
► Questions, feedback or something we have missed in your city? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Tube Map – London Underground
“Tube Map, the navigation app that makes getting around on the London Underground faster and easier. The award-winning Tube Map has over 19 million downloads worldwide, making it the #1 London Underground app!
★ The official Transport for London (TfL) Tube Map in an interactive app.
★ Real-time route planner that will navigate you around disruptions on the Tube.
★ Easy to use both with and without an internet connection.
★ Uses live data from Transport for London (TfL) to give station information and train times.
★ Be first to hear about delays and closures on the London Underground with line status notifications.
• Find your way around the London Underground with Tube Map’s journey planner and step-by-step directions.
• Compare the time and cost of different routes to see when it’s faster or cheaper to take the bus.
• Save all of your favourite routes in one place for faster route planning when on the go.
• View your closest London Underground stations from any location.
• See how accessible a station is when travelling on foot, with heavy luggage, with a pram/pushchair or as a wheelchair user.
• Get detailed station information about facilities such as toilets, cash and ticket machines, WIFI access and taxi ranks.
• Check your line status notifications on the move with Notification Dots. Just long press on the app icon to glance at what’s happening on the Tube (available to devices running Android Oreo).
• Includes official TfL Night Tube and National Rail maps.
• Twitter feed with the latest London Underground news and line status updates.
• Line Status Widget available, keeping you up to date on the status of up to three Tube lines.
• Quick access to the Route Planner, Line Status and Favourites with App Shortcuts (available to devices running Android 7.1 and up).
Mapway is the world’s number one in public transport apps, check out Bus Times London, Paris Metro Map and New York Subway Map on Google Play today.
Like Tube Map on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TubeMap or follow us on Twitter @TubeMapLondon. We’d love to hear from you.
To get the most out of Tube Map London Underground, the app uses a number of permissions. Click here www.mapway.com/privacy-policy to see what and why.”
6. Tube Map London Underground
“● NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED ●
● Latest official TFL (Transport For London) tube map.
● Instant routing while offline
● Simple, fast and easy to use.
● Designed for the first time visitor and experienced commuter.
● Unique “Minute Map” feature provides a view of travel times from any location on the map.
● Planned route animates on the tube map.
●.Switch to online street map (when an internet connection is available).
● Services can be turned on or off, routing around problems.
● Works in both landscape and portrait modes.
● Easily locates your nearest London transport stop.
● Places of interest, parks etc are built in to the application.
● Offline routing with clear map and text views
● GPS locating
● Station exit information
● Live service status and departure board information
● OVERVIEW ● The London Tube Map application is a superb route planner for the London Underground (Tube)system with many unique features. The inbuilt map provides the official TFL map of the city underground services with the ability to switch to an online street map view when an internet connection is available. This way the user can view the online map feature when above ground and the transport map and route planning is still fully functional underground or anywhere there is no internet connection. This provides the best of both worlds, the transport map and route planning anytime, anywhere and online street maps and search when a connection is available.
● ROUTING ● Does not require an internet connection and will always be available to display a clear and detailed view of the city transport system, plus list and animate the optimum route for your journey. Provides the fastest route calculations of any mobile routing application (virtually instantaneous) using actual published journey times with the ability to select the quickest route or the route with the least changes.
Comprehensive details of your planned route are provided, including changes, directions of travel, number of stops, predicted journey times, etc. Uniquely this application gives you “direction”, “towards” and “service frequency” information (not available on any other offline journey planner) for example “Take the Northern line (Southbound) towards Stockwell for 10 mins (6 stops). Service runs every 7 minutes” which is essential when finding the correct platform and connection. Also given are alternatives for each leg of the journey.
● NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED ● The tube map and routing do not require an internet connection and therefore you will not be charged data connection fees. This also means the application runs perfectly underground, on an aeroplane, etc. For international visitors to a city who have data roaming turned off this is an ideal solution.
● LIVE INFO ● When an internet connection is available, optional “Live Information” on the current state of the transport services and real time station departure boards can be viewed allowing you to plan your journeys in advance and avoid any potential delays. Unique to this application is the ability to turn off services that are out of action and automatically calculate an alternative route.
● MINUTE MAP ● This unique feature provides a view of travel times from any location on the map. This is helpful for getting a sense of scale and connectivity of the transport system and can provide some interesting results.”
7. London Tube Live – Underground
“London Tube Live is the most beautiful London Underground app you’ll find. It includes all of the features you’ll need – whether you’re a commuter or a visitor – so you’ll be able to navigate the tube with ease. Best of all it’s free, with none of those pesky in-app purchases to unlock important functionality like you’ll get with our competitors.
– Officially licensed London Underground map from TfL (Transport for London)
– Live up-to-the-minute departure information for all tube lines, including DLR and London Overground!
– Up-to-date Journey & route planner for all stations in the network, which takes into account engineering works!
– Tube exits – discover the best carriages to board so you’re right at your exit when you leave the train!
– Find the first & last tube of the day – great for when you’re on a night out!
– Line statuses & weekend engineering work details so you can plan ahead!
– Get directions to a station and find out whether it has facilities before you get there (whether it has a car park, toilets or a waiting room)
All of these features are included for free, you’ll never have to pay anything extra with London Tube Live. Don’t settle for less with other apps – download it today. This version is ad-supported but the ads can be removed.”