If you are looking for the Best Tuner iPhone App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Tuner iPhone App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Tuner iPhone App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Tuner iPhone App
“Cleartune and Clockwork are my most used apps.” – Ezra Oklan (Nicole Atkins, Norah Jones, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Matt Beck (Matchbox 20), Chico Hamilton, Arnie Lawrence)
“I’ve been having trouble with interference on stage with other tuners for the iPhone. Used Cleartune last night before a gig and had no problems with stage noise. Excellent tuner for bass.” – Rob Calder (Kanye West, Angus and Julia Stone, The Break and Repair Method, Ghostface Killah)
Used in the making of the Gorillaz album “The Fall”
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cleartune
• Featured in Electronic Musician, Matchbox Mag, Making Music Mag, Premiere Guitar, MacWorld, Apple Staff Picks, Worship Leader Mag, Acoustic Guitar
• Spotted in use backstage by The Black Keys, C.W. Stone King (www.va.ryanpolei.com), Grammy Nominee Sones de México (gearwire.com)
Cleartune is a chromatic instrument tuner and pitch pipe that allows you to quickly and accurately tune your instrument using the built-in mic in your device.
Cleartune features a unique “note wheel” interface allowing you to quickly find your pitch, paired with a highly responsive fine-tuning meter for the perfect tune.
With support for custom temperaments, transposition, notations such as solfège, and adjustable calibration, Cleartune packs more power than most pro tuners, yet is simple enough for everyone to use.
Cleartune can tune acoustic or electric guitar, bass, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, piano, tympani and any other instrument that can sustain a tone.
Most electronic tuners cannot properly tune a violin. With a built in temperament for violin family instruments, Cleartune will have the 5ths singing perfectly.
– Note Wheel Display
– Ultra responsive 25 cent range fine tuning display
– Needle Damping option
– Accuracy ±0.01 semitone (±1 cent)
– Selectable Temperaments
– Selectable Notations (such as Solfège)
– User-defined temperament and notations
– Support for transposing instruments
– Automatic reference note calibration
– Adjustable A4 calibration in 0.1 Hz increment
– Pitch Pipe/Tone generator
– Selectable tone waveform
– Automatic or manual note selection”
2. Fender Guitar Tuner
“Fender Tune is the 5-star rated, precision tuner app for guitar, bass and ukulele from the most trusted name in guitars, Fender®. Accurately tune your instrument with Fender Tune’s easy-to-use interface, perfect for all musicians from beginners to pros.
PRECISE & CUSTOMIZABLE TUNING MODES
How it works:
Auto-Tune Mode – Pluck a string and the tuner listens to the note to guide you to a perfect pitch. A string-by-string diagram guides the selected tuning.
Manual Tune Mode – Tap a string on the interactive Fender headstock to hear the note and tune your acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass or ukulele.
Chromatic Mode – The tuner recognizes each of the 12 chromatic (semitone) steps of the equal-tempered scale, allowing you to tune to any note on the scale.
Preset Tunings – 26 tunings available, including: Standard (EADGBE), Open G, Drop D, Open D and Drop C.
Custom Tunings – Create your own custom tunings and save to your Fender Connect personal profile for easy access.
INTRODUCING TUNE PLUS: THE ULTIMATE ALL-IN-ONE PRACTICE TOOLKIT
Looking for more than a standard guitar tuner? For a limited time, sign-up to gain full access to Tune Plus – the largest suite of FREE guitar-playing resources in a mobile app. No credit card required. Get more out of your practice with interactive guitar chords and scales, built-in customizable drum beats, advanced precision tuning capabilities, a metronome and more. All you need is the Fender Tune app and your instrument.
5000 INTERACTIVE GUITAR CHORDS
Discover new sonic possibilities with Fender’s dynamic guitar chord library which creates any chord pattern, with multiple shape variations, anywhere on the neck.
• Interact with over 5000 guitar chords by dragging your finger across the diagram to hear the chord before you play.
• Get chord diagrams and finger placement for every chord variation in any position
• Browse through curated collections of chords or find a chord by searching for a note
• Includes chords for six-string guitar only
2000 INTERACTIVE GUITAR SCALES
Fender’s dynamic scale library improves your lead playing by quickly teaching complex scales with easy-to-understand visuals.
• Hear how over 2000 guitar scales sound before you play them by pressing down on each note of the interactive scale diagrams.
• Find scale diagrams and patterns for any variation, flavor and key – anywhere on the fretboard.
• Includes scales for six-string guitar only
DRUM TRACKS & METRONOME
Improve your playing and have more fun practicing with a flexible drum kit based on an authentic acoustic drum kit designed for Fender.
• Choose from 65 unique one-touch, pre-programmed drum rhythms across 7 genres (Rock, Blues, Jazz, Metal, Funk/R&B, Country/Folk and World) including: 90s Rock, Chicago Bounce, Kingston Groove and many more.
• Select your tempo and customize your time signature to practice with any rhythm
• Also features standard metronome mode to help you stay in time.
Tune your guitar, bass or ukulele with greater visual precision and flexibility
• Get real-time visual feedback to find the exact tuning you’re seeking
• Explore more tuning styles with exact cents and hertz reference
• Choose from 40 different non-standard tuning references from A=420Hz to A=460Hz
• 8 tutorial videos teach you the basics of tuning your instrument
• The intermediate guide provides tips for training your ear and using Chromatic Mode
Since 1946, Fender® has set the standard for expertly crafted, high-performance instruments and audio equipment. Fender Digital, a new digital products division, is extending the vision with a precise and easy-to-use guitar, bass and ukulele tuner iPhone app.”
3. Fine Tuner – Chromatic Tuner
“Fine Tuner is a light, minimalistic tuner with a user interface optimized for guitar, bass, violin, ukulele, banjo and other string instruments. It utilizes your device’s built-in microphone. The app includes dozens of guitar tunings as well as several tunings for a variety of other instruments. Fine Tuner also has the ability to tune to a custom note and can be used to tune almost any instrument.
The free version of the app includes standard guitar, drop d, and double drop d tunings.
– Built in tunings for guitar, bass, 4-string / 5-string banjo, ukulele, violin, viola, cello, mandolin, cuarto, charango.
– Support for changing the standard A tuning (e.g. 432 Hz).
– Auto mode for minimal app interaction while tuning.
– Dark mode.”
4. insTuner Free – Chromatic Tuner
insTuner is a chromatic tuner that helps you tune instruments quickly and accurately.
With advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) algorithm, it is highly accurate (±1/1000 semitone or ±0.1 cent precision). insTuner Free is well-designed and easy to use. It features a unique “fixed” note wheel, which helps you to find the position of detected pitch easily. You can also use it as an electronic pitch pipe to tune by ear, matching the generated tones. With its large and clear display, you can tune your instrument without any difficulty: Just tune and play!
It is suitable for tuning acoustic or electric guitar and bass, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, timpani and more. In fact, almost any instrument that sustains a tone can be tuned using insTuner Free. It supports Line-in Mode as well as Built-in Microphone Mode. Clip Microphone is supported too.
=== FREE FEATURES ===
* Universal App, purchase once, available on all of your iOS devices: iPhone/iPhone5/iPod/iPad.
* Precise to ±1/1000 semitone (±0.1 cent)
* Tuning Range from C0 to B8, covering the range of almost all of musical instruments
* Well-designed “Fixed” note wheel display
* Tone generator
* Line-in and Built-in Microphone Modes
* Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
=== ADVANCED FEATURES ===
* Supported both Landscape mode
* Strobe Tuning Mode
* Fine Tuning Mode with a highly responsive tuning meter for perfect tuning
* Historical Curve Mode that shows tuning results over time
* FFT Tuning Mode for frequency analysis with Log, Linear or Note Display options
* Real-time Spectrogram Mode with Log, Linear, Note and Median Frequency Display options for real-time audio analysis
* Adjustable A4 (Concert A) calibration in 0.1 Hz increments
* >30 historical temperaments
* Customizable temperaments
* 12 notations
* Needle damping
* Customizable transposition options for transposing instruments
* Tone generator with four wave forms
* Customizable Input Channels
* Supported Apogee One
* Supported Inter-App Audio
* Supported Audio Bus
=== NOTICE ===
iPod Touch 3rd generation requires an external microphone.
EUMLab’s goal is to unleash your musical talent! With magic technology, EUMLab provides many products to help you create or learn music.
More about us on www.eumlab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook @EUMLab
Questions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch videos on bit.ly/eumvideo
Enjoy insTuner? Try Pro Metronome for FREE! http://bit.ly/prometronome”
5. Practice+ Tuner & Metronome
Practice+ is a complete practice and performance toolkit for musicians that contains five separate modes including Tuner, Metronome, Recorder, Setlist and Loop Modes. Each mode can work simultaneously with the metronome which is easily controlled via the compact metronome bar that is always on screen.
What people are saying about Practice+
“Practice+ Makes Perfect” – AppAdvice.com
“Get your music right with Practice+” -Tom’sGuide.com
“Beautiful flat UI design” -ModernJamming.com
Tuner- Powerfully accurate tuner with instant response and large edge to edge UI for easy readability. Tuner range A0-C8.
Metronome- Full featured metronome that works simultaneously in every mode. Customize meters, accents, subdivisions, sounds and more. The dedicated metronome mode features a large edge to edge UI for easy readability
Pitch Player- Play reference tones to check your intonation. Pitch playback range A1-C8
Recorder- Record and share your practice sessions right from your device
SetList-Easily create setlists and save all settings with a single tap
Practice Mode- Loop difficult passages and increase tempo automatically with each repetition
Beautifully simple UI
Portrait and landscape support
Fine tuning range 392-490Hz
Practice+ is free to try with limitations. Unlock everything with a single in-app purchase.”
6. Precision Strobe Tuner
A General Purpose Chromatic Musical Instrument Tuner App with special Temperament and Piano Tuning Functions.
The PST combines a radial Spectrum Display with a classic Strobe Tuner and Note Dial for an ultimate visualization of pitch and tone. The Strobe Display is highly sensitive with response speed that is practically instantaneous and has long been the preferred tool for piano tuners and instrument technicians.
The central Spectrum Display shows the input spectrum wrapped around the Display, with each Octave drawn in a separate color. The Note Dial is marked like a clock with the twelve notes of the Scale. All overtones of the input are shown as peaks in the Spectrum Display pointing towards their corresponding Notes. The Fundamental Indicator Tic on the Spectrum Display shows the Note of the Fundamental along the Note Dial, with the color designating the Octave. Use the Spectrum Display for coarse adjustment by tuning the Fundamental to the center of the desired Note Indicator.
As the input approaches the desired Note, a Two Group pinwheel pattern becomes visible rotating in the Strobe Display. Fine tuning is accomplished by adjusting to stop rotation. The Strobe Display responds instantaneously to changes in pitch and is extremely sensitive. The outside Strobe Display works just like a classic rotating disk strobe tuner. The Two-Group pattern rotates CCW when the input is flat, and CW when sharp. When the rotation is stopped, the note is in tune.
The previews show a general strobe display demonstration, an example of using the calibration function to measure the accuracy of a tuning fork and an example of guitar string tuning.
The first screenshot shows the display tuning a Guitar Low E string. The Fundamental appears as an Orange peak in the Spectrum Display. This string rings bright, so the overtones are also dominant in the Display.
The second screenshot shows the display for an E 440 Tuning Fork with the Calibration Dial enabled and adjusted. This Fork is 2.9 cent Flat.
The PST also includes a Programmable Temperament Function with 5 user definable banks. The third screenshot shows an example of a Temperament Bank set up to a typical Piano Stretch Curve. This can also be used for tuning alternate temperaments, pedal steel guitar setups, or special guitar intonation systems.
In addition, there are several Special Measurement Banks used for String Inharmonicity characterization and Piano Stretch Curve Estimation. Individual strings can be characterized by measuring the Fundamental and 2nd Harmonic separately. By careful selection of a few representative measurement points, a reasonable smooth fit Piano Stretch Curve can be generated. Any number of measurements can be used.
The final screenshot shows the Input Signal Scope/Spectrum Display Page.
The Detailed Operation Manual can be viewed here: