If you are looking for the Best Uk Hiking Apps For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Uk Hiking Apps For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Uk Hiking Apps For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Uk Hiking Apps For iPhone
1. “AllTrails: Hike, Bike & Run”
Explore 200,000+ hand-curated trail maps plus reviews and photos crowdsourced from millions of hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners. Find that dog-friendly or kid-friendly trail that you’ve been searching for. Take that mountain biking or backpacking trip you’ve always dreamed of. Explore a national park, or discover new hiking trails in your area.
Whether you’re a hiker, biker or trail runner, AllTrails will help you find the way.
EXPLORE 200,000+ HIKING TRAILS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTES
• Discover new trails in national parks or in your own neighborhood, with hand-curated GPS and topo maps
• Browse photos and reviews from our community of hikers, cyclists and trail runners like you
• Find a hike, mountain bike ride, or trail run that’s perfect for your fitness and experience level. Filter by dog friendly, kid friendly, and wheelchair friendly trails
RECORD YOUR ADVENTURES
• Turn your phone into a GPS activity tracker and follow your trail so you don’t get lost
• View your hiking, running and cycling stats at a glance
• Share your outdoor adventures with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and more
SAVE YOUR FAVORITE TRAILS
• Explore all the trails on your bucket list and add new ones to check out
• Easily save your favorite trails to run, hike or bike
• Follow the hikers, cyclists and runners that inspire you
EASILY GET TO THE TRAIL
• Get detailed GPS driving directions directly to the trailhead
GET MORE WITH ALLTRAILS PRO
• Download offline maps – track your exact GPS location as you navigate the trail, even when you don’t have a signal
• Never miss a turn with off-route notifications
• Stay safe with Lifeline – assign safety contacts who know your plan and can track your progress
• Know what to expect with real-time map overlays including air quality, satellite weather, pollen, and light pollution
• Always have a backup – design and print stunning custom topo maps
• Experience AllTrails ad-free – remove the distraction of ads and focus on the journey
• 1% for the Planet – feel good knowing that part of your subscription will be going directly to helping the environment
AllTrails Pro is available as an annual subscription for $29.99/year, or you can get three years for the price of two when you buy our 3 Year Plan via a one-time payment of $59.99. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your annual subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period (the 3 Year Plan does not auto-renew). Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
Sign up required to favorite trails, record your activity, or follow users
AllTrails allows you to automatically export information about your recordings to the Apple Health app.
We love hearing from users! Email us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
2. Go Jauntly: Discover Walks
“Go Jauntly is a free award-winning walking, wayfinding and nature connection app. You don’t need to travel to the great outdoors for a great hike. Discover the greenest, quietest, least polluted walks in your local area.
We help you discover new walking routes straight from your door, connect you with everyday nature. Point you in the direction of the greenest route from A to B, helping you to become happier and healthier.
You can also enjoy micro adventures on foot and celebrate your daily walking wins via our new ‘Walking Challenges feature’. We use your HealthKit activity data to log your progress so you may unlock walking stamps and badges.
Nature Notes encourages you to note down the “good things” in everyday urban nature helping to play a role in self-management of mental health and wellbeing. We are a growing community so no matter where you are, download the app. You can even add your own favourite trails to help to spread, Happiness Outdoors!
Winner of Civic Innovation Challenge supported by The London Mayor & Transport for London
Winner of Cities Tech for Good category from DigitalAgenda
Webby Nominee 2018 – Voted top 5 Lifestyle App in the World
– “Smartphones are often accused of absenting their users from company, but this application has the opposite effect.” The Guardian
– “GoJauntly recommends places nearby that are good for a constitutional.” The Telegraph
– “Fancy escaping the city for a stroll through the woods? This app lets you discover tailor-made walks in your area.” BBC
Using Go Jauntly outside of the UK? We have over 1500 walks in the app with the vast majority in the UK. We also have walks in places across the world such as Europe, Sydney, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Italy, Sri Lanka and many more destinations.
Download the Go Jauntly app for free or help our cause by upgrading to the paid subscription and support our venture.
Free to use
• Free access to the majority of our walking routes made by the community and our brilliant partners.
• Enjoy the greenest walking route from A to B and enjoy unique nature filled walks straight from your doorstep
• Use our Nature Notes feature to capture the good things you see in nature and bring about clinically significant benefits to mental wellbeing
• Sign up to walking challenges which integrates with HealthKit and boost your physical and mental wellbeing.
• Share your favourite walking trails with the community by adding photos, directions and key points of interest for others to enjoy.
• Download all our walking trails for offline use. Great for low-connectivity areas or conserving battery and data usage.
• Get 100% access to our premium curated walking routes and guided tours
• Save more than 5 walks for later
• Download the GPX files from our dynamic green routes walking map, perfect for runners too!
• Support our venture to get more people walking and enjoying nature and the outdoors and help to keep the app free.
Go Jauntly offers two optional auto-renewing subscription options:
£1.99 per month
£19.99 per year (12 months for the price of 10)
These prices are for UK customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
3. OutDoors GB – Offline OS Maps
*** Extremely easy to use and looks great. [Trek & Mountain Magazine]*** The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps in digital form. [Stuff Magazine]*** The perfect tool for navigating off-road. Great Fun! [Outdoors Magazine]
OutDoors GB makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside with confidence.
• Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
• There is now no reason to ever get lost again.
• Simply create a route on Ordnance Survey maps..…and go!
OutDoors GB takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• HIKERS: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey by hitting the record button and finally save and share favorite spots by creating a ‘My Places” list
• RUNNERS: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats and save your favorite places on the routes for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains by creating your personal point of interests list
• CYCLISTS: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• PHOTOGRAPHERS: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere – Break free of phone signals and download maps to use and explore anywhere
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning
• Unlimited access to online & offline OS Maps (PRO)
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Quick access to download OS Map regions: Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping on the screen
• Follow a planned route using the in-built compass
• Create & Share ‘My Places’ list (picnic area, views etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (150,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps
• Plan, edit and share your routes via Email, Text, Social, etc.
You can subscribe to OutDoors PRO for unlimited OS Maps & Premium Routes. Your subscription will be £30 for 1 year from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
“Spyglass is an essential offline GPS app for outdoors and off-road navigation. Packed with tools it serves as binoculars, heads-up display, hi-tech compass with offline maps, gyrocompass, GPS receiver, waypoint tracker, speedometer, altimeter, Sun, Moon and star finder, gyro horizon, rangefinder, coordinate converter, sextant, inclinometer, angular calculator and camera. It saves your custom places and waypoints, navigates precisely to them later, shows them on maps and using real-time augmented reality displays detailed GPS info, measures distances, sizes, angles, and does a lot more.
COMPASS & GYROCOMPASS
Accuracy improvement techniques, special compass modes and calibration methods available in Spyglass only make it a real instrument – the most advanced and accurate digital compass.
FINDER, TRACKER & AR NAVIGATION
Spyglass operates in 3D and uses augmented reality to show real-time object positions, info and directions to them overlaid over camera or maps.
Save current position, add points from maps, manually enter location coordinates and bearings, add stars by hand or use a built-in star catalogue.
Find saved places and objects later simply by following directional arrows.
Spyglass tracks multiple targets simultaneously and shows their info – distance, direction, azimuth, elevation and estimated time of arrival.
Copy, paste and share locations, coordinates and map links using many supported formats.
GPS, SPEEDOMETER & ALTIMETER
Find and track your location and get detailed real-time GPS data – coordinates in dozens of formats, altitude, course, current, maximum and vertical speed, using imperial, metric, nautical and surveying units.
See your and targets’ positions on maps using different map styles and alternative map providers – plan waypoints and measure distances. Offline maps optimized for retina displays are available for download.
TRACK STARS, SUN AND MOON & NAVIGATE BY STARS
Track positions of stars, Sun and Moon with arc second precision – use them as a reference to calibrate compass for maximum accuracy.
Measure distances to objects in real time with a rangefinder reticle similar to sniper sights.
SEXTANT, ANGULAR CALCULATOR AND INCLINOMETER
Find out heights of objects and distances to them – measure visually and calculate dimensions and distances.
Take pictures overlaid with all available GPS, positional and directional data.
DEMO & HELP
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
In Spyglass we offer you the subscription option:
Spyglass Plus offers a monthly subscription for $2.99. It gives you access to additional map styles like cycling maps or public transport maps.
This price is for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
You can turn off the auto-renew for the subscription whenever you want to through your iTunes account. Check https://support.apple.com/HT202039. When your current trial/subscription period expires, you will be unsubscribed. The current active subscription period cannot be canceled. After your subscription expires, you will no longer be able to use elements offered in your chosen Subscription Option.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us at https://spyglassnav.com
5. “ViewRanger: Hike, Ride or Walk”
In order to focus all our effort on our Outdooractive app and website, we currently expect to switch off access to the ViewRanger app at the end of February 2022. We recommend you download and use the Outdooractive app instead of ViewRanger.
If you are already using ViewRanger, we offer you an easy way to move to the Outdooractive app – where you can continue to access your maps, tracks, routes, POIs, and other ViewRanger app data.
Search for “Outdooractive” and download the app for free.
If you made one-off payments to access maps within ViewRanger, then we are offering free access to a set of maps via the Outdooractive app instead. The maps we are offering depend on the region of the maps you made one-off payments for in ViewRanger. The maps will be from the same map data provider or, where necessary, from an alternative map data provider depending on the map region.
If you have a current ViewRanger subscription, then you have an Outdooractive Pro subscription that will expire at the same time as your ViewRanger subscription. You will then need to renew your subscription via the Outdooractive app. It is no longer possible to purchase or renew a ViewRanger subscription.
By connecting your ViewRanger account to Outdooractive, routes you have plotted, routes you have downloaded, activity tracks you have recorded, a record of the challenges you participated in, and points-of-interest you have marked, will continue to be available within your Outdooractive account.
APPLE HEALTH provides detailed information about your activity, including the number of steps you’ve walked and your heart rate (when using Apple Watch™ or Bluetooth 4.0 enabled devices). Tracks recorded from activities in ViewRanger can be saved to Apple Health as workouts.