If you are looking for the Best Uk News App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Uk News App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Uk News App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Uk News App For iPhone
1. BBC News
Stories are arranged in topics including top stories, UK news, world news, politics, business, technology and sport.
The app offers the BBC News Channel streamed live in the Video tab, social features and personalisation so you can re-order the news topics to suit your interests. Topics you have followed can be found in the My News tab, and can be re-ordered using the Edit function.
NB Please note that to refresh the app you should pull down on the main content area. See in-app help page for further details.
The BBC News app offers the following:
– Breaking news
– Top Stories and latest headlines
– Features and analysis
– Live BBC News Channel
– News clips embedded in stories
– An ‘Edit’ menu to personalise your experience and choose news that interests you
– Share news stories by email, Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp
– Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
– Refresh controls to see the latest stories and updates
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service. No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
You can choose to unsubscribe from BBC News push notifications in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
For attribution and analysis purposes, our data processor AppsFlyer collects the below information about you:
– Your device information, such as device type
– Your IP address to determine your location
– Activity data, such as the time you downloaded the app
– Which sites (if any) referred you to download and use the app
We also use this data together with your BBC account data to improve the BBC News service. You can opt out from AppsFlyer tracking by filling out their ‘Forget My Device’ form: https://www.appsflyer.com/optout.
The BBC News app uses technologies similar to cookies to measure audience behaviour. The app uses information collected through these technologies for internal purposes to analyse and improve the app, and help us give you a better experience. You can switch this off using the Send App Statistics toggle on the BBC News app’s Settings screen.
For more information about how and why we use information about you, please visit the BBC News App Privacy Notice: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/help-55320181
For more information about how the BBC processes your personal data to provide a personalised service to you, please see the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy at https://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/privacy/how-does-the-bbc-collect-data-about-me/.
2. Feedly – Smart News Reader
Keep up with the topic and trends you care about, without the overwhelm.
Feedly offers you the cure to information in three easy steps:
1/ Find and organize the right sources in one place: leading newspapers, trade publications, influential bloggers, Youtube channels, RSS feeds, Twitter feeds, research journals. Feedly lets you harness the full power of the web.
2/ Train Leo to filter out the noise. Leo is your AI research assistant. You are in control of the priorities. Ask Leo to read your feeds and prioritize the topics, events, and trends that matter to your. Leo is an enormous time saver
3/ Share insights with your team. Organize, curate, and share the industry insights your team needs to accelerate research, marketing, and sales.
With Feedly and RSS, you can organize in one place industry publications, expert blogs, news sites, youtube channels, twitter feeds, podcasts, and even Google News keyword alerts.
Feedly is connected to 40 million sources across 2,000 topics, and fifty industries – processing 100 millions articles every day.
With Feedly shared boards, you can feed everyone in your organization with the insight they need to make smarter decisions.
You can also curate and share interesting ideas and perspectives and grow your brand on social media.
With the Feedly Pro in-app purchase, you can boost your account and unlock some additional features to track keyword, brands and companies, spot new emerging trends, search in your Feedly for specific articles and more easily share and shine.
The Feedly Pro subscription offers useful integrations with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest, LinkedIn, IFTTT, and Zapier so that you can easily share stories with your networks and teammates.
Feedly is trusted by 15 million smart readers and thousands of organizations.
We deliver a fast and clean reading experience on both your iPhone, iPad and Web browser. We spent a lot of time making sure Feedly is the best free RSS reader available on the iPhone and the iPad.
The best way to start is to search for a blog, magazine or newspaper you like to read and add it to your Feedly.
If you are looking for inspiration, you can select the discover tab and browse some of our popular topics. We help you discover the best blogs for tech, business, food, marketing, entrepreneurship, design, baking, photography and more.
Our mission is to deliver in one place all the knowledge and inspiration you need to keep ahead.
Privacy by default: https://feedly.com/i/legal/privacy”
3. Flipboard: The Social Magazine
“Go beyond the headlines and hot takes, and dive deeper into the stories that matter to you with the award-winning Flipboard app. Flipboard is made for and by enthusiasts, with content curated on thousands of topics from world renown publishers, local outlets and the community.
Personalize Flipboard to get just the content you care about. Follow business, health, tech, sports, cooking, travel and more to stay up-to-date, dive deeper into the things you love or discover something new. You can even follow local news and events. Just enable location services to get a list of towns and cities near you.
Collect stories you like into your own Flipboard Magazine. Use the + (plus) button on any story in Flipboard to add it to your own Magazine. Make your Magazine public to share ideas and insights with an ever-growing community of enthusiasts curating on Flipboard.
USE FLIPBOARD TO:
– Keep up on all your interests with the latest stories from leading national publishers including Associate Press, The Washington Post, ESPN, National Geographic, NPR, TIME, The Atlantic, BBC, CBS, NBC and thousands more.
– Follow your city for local updates on COVID-19 as well as other regional news, weather, commute, sports, and dining.
– Curate stories you find informative or inspiring and share with others: Use the + (plus) button on any article to save it to your own Flipboard Magazine.
– Follow other experts and enthusiasts who are curating about topics you love.
– Turn on notifications and use the Flipboard widget to get stories delivered to you everyday.
GET FLIPBOARD IN YOUR INBOX:
Now get the amazing content and curation on Flipboard delivered to your Inbox. There’s a Flipboard Newsletter for our most popular topics. Sign up for The Tastiest for foodies, the Tech Briefing for tech enthusiasts, the Climate Briefing for environmental news, Wanderlust for travelers, The Shot for photographers and many more.
Visit flipboard.com/newsletters to view and subscribe to all of the Flipboard Newsletters.
KEEP UP WITH FLIPBOARD:
For product updates, the latest from our blog, and tips on how to use Flipboard, follow us on Flipboard and other social platforms:
We’d love to hear what you think! Reach out to our support team under Settings > Help & Feedback. For any other technical issues or questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.”
4. “Sky News: Breaking, UK & World”
“Download our app for award-winning journalism and breaking news stories from the UK and around the world. We take you to the heart of the stories that shape our world, offering live events, eyewitness reports, expert analysis and opinion.
• Breaking news notifications – be the first to find out about major developing stories
• Watch Sky News in the Live Tab (when you’ve got connection)
• Easy navigation to see headlines on multiple topics from politics to entertainment
• Read articles while you’re offline
• Dark mode – change your preferences any time from the settings cog
Stay up to date with what’s happening around the world from a range of topics:
• Top Stories – the latest headlines, breaking news, live stories & video
• Podcasts – listen to our radio shows including Daily, All Out Politics, Behind the Headline, Sophy Ridge on Sunday and Backstage
• UK – headlines from across the United Kingdom
• World – significant events from around the world
• Politics – latest developments in Westminster, including Brexit and elections
• US – headlines from the United States
• Sport – stories spanning football, cricket, tennis, F1, rugby, athletics, boxing, horse racing and more
• Science & Technology – latest developments in tech changing our world
• Business – headlines from The City, and economic stories affecting consumers
• Ents & Arts – art, showbiz and entertainment stories from around the world
• Offbeat – the strange and bizarre
Please note: Watching video may incur additional mobile network and/or WiFi charges.”
5. The Guardian – Live World News
Stay up to date with live news and sport, wherever you are.
3 reasons to download The Guardian App for free:
1. Receive breaking news alerts
2. Save articles you’re interested in for later reading
3. Customise your feed with content that matters to you
Explore stories, UK headlines and content on a whole range of topics; from business to music, finance, politics, recipes & much more.
QUALITY JOURNALISM, YOUR WAY
Follow your favourite stories, writers or football teams for personal notifications. You can also fully customise your newsfeed, read comments on articles and share your own thoughts.
Enjoy audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen photo galleries. Access The Guardian’s full range of journalism straight from your phone.
SUPPORT INDEPENDENT JOURNALISM
Thinking of upgrading your news? Upgrade to the Premium App to support independent journalism. Plus, access our enhanced features for a better way to experience the news that matters.
• Live – a new and faster way to catch up on every breaking news story
• Discover – a new way to explore the best stories, recipes, long reads and more
• Enhanced offline reading – download the day’s news before you travel, or whenever it suits you
• Experience the app advert-free
• Play our daily crosswords
• Access specially curated content
This app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier, your payment will be processed by Apple. Upgrade by selecting ‘Support the Guardian’ from the app’s navigation menu.
Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Premium subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within the 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings.
Please note – while Apple’s Family Sharing feature can be used to share apps between up to six family members, it does not support the sharing of in-app purchases (as described in https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203046). This includes the auto-renewable subscription to the Premium App, and you will therefore not be able to share any subscription purchased via iTunes Store with family members. If you have any questions please email email@example.com who will be able to advise you further.
Terms and conditions: